Daily Devotional - Wise Proverbs

Ilikeitlikethat

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
543 5
Alleybux
The Mystery of Isaiah 53 By Michael Rydelnik An Old Testament passage thousands of years old still sparks debate between Jews and Christians today. To whom does this mysterious passage refer?
Isaiah 52:13-15; 53:1-12:
"Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high. As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men So shall he sprinkle many nations; the kings shall shut their mouths at him for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider.
Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. He was taken from prison and from judgment and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living for the transgression of my people was he stricken. And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors."
One of the key Old Testament passages debated by Jewish and Christian scholars is Isaiah 53. Jewish sources say the suffering servant depicted here refers to the nation of Israel. Christians contend it refers to the Messiah.
Can the suffering Servant of Isaiah 53 be Israel? The text of the passage itself plainly says no. Here are the reasons:
The Pronouns

In Isaiah 53:1-9, there is a clear distinction in pronouns. The speakers uniformly identify themselves in the first person plural (we, us and our), while the Servant is consistently described in the third person singular (he, him and his). Isaiah the prophet, a Jew, in speaking of himself and his own nation Israel, uses the pronouns we, us and our. He describes the Servant as someone other than himself and his people in using the pronouns he, him and his. Since the speakers are plainly Isaiah's people Israel (we), the Servant whom they describe (he) must be someone other than Israel. They both cannot be Israel.
The People

In Isaiah 53:8, Isaiah declares that the Servant was put to death "through the transgressions of my people". Obviously, Isaiah's people are the Jewish people. If the Servant died for the children of Israel, the Servant cannot also be the children of Israel.
The Sufferer's Innocence

The passage repeatedly claims the innocence of the Servant. Isaiah 53:4-6 says that His suffering was not for His own sin but for the sins of others. Verse 9 specifically states, "He had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth." However, the prophets, especially Isaiah, never characterize Israel (or any nation) as perfectly innocent. Isaiah says of Israel, "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as a filthy garment" (Isaiah 64:5). Since Isaiah affirms the Servant's innocence while at the same time affirming Israel's guilt, Israel cannot be the Servant.
The Servant's Willingness

Isaiah 53:7-12 describes the Servant as a voluntary and unresisting Sufferer. He is characterized as willingly accepting His suffering (verse 7), rendering Himself as a guilt offering (verse 10), and laying open His soul unto death (53:12). Certainly the Jewish people have suffered immensely at the hands of anti-Semites, who must still answer to God for their awful deeds. But despite the enormity of Jewish suffering, they never received it willingly.
The Servant's Death

The passage says that the Servant was "cut off out of the land of the living" (53:8) and that "he hath laid open his soul unto death"(53:12). Were the Jewish people ever, as a whole, put to death? No, we joyfully sing, "Am Yisrael Chai!" ("The People of Israel Live!"). In fact, in Jeremiah 31:34-36, God promises that the children of Israel will exist forever. Thus, since the Servant was "cut off," it is impossible to say that Israel is the Servant.
The Servant's Substitution

One of the main points of the passage is that the Servant died as a substitute for the sins of others. Nowhere do the Scriptures teach that Israel would suffer for the sins of others, only at the hands of others. For this reason, Israel is not the Servant in Isaiah 53.
The evidence is clear. The characteristics of the Servant cannot and do not apply to the Jewish people. The only One who fits the description is the Jewish Messiah, Messiah Yeshua.

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
PROVERBS 18:15 The heart of the WISE acquires knowledge,
for the ears of the WISE seek it out.
16 A gift opens the way
and ushers the giver into the presence of the great.

17 In a lawsuit, the first to speak seems right,
until someone comes forward and cross-examines.
18 Casting the lot settles disputes
and keeps strong opponents apart.

19 A brother wronged is more unyielding than a fortified city;
disputes are like the barred gates of a citadel.
20 From the fruit of their mouth a person’s stomach is filled;
with the harvest of their lips they are satisfied.

21 The TONGUE has the power of LIFE AND DEATH,
and those who LOVE IT, will eat its FRUIT.

22 He who finds a WIFE finds what is GOOD
and receives FAVOR FROM THE LORD.

23 The poor plead for MERCY,
but the RICH answer harshly.

24 One who has unReliable friends soon comes to RUIN,
but there is a friend who sticks CLOSER THAN A BROTHER."

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
PROVERBS 11:27-31

The ONE WHO SEARCHES for what is GOOD finds FAVOR,
but if someone LOOKS for trouble, it will COME to him.

28 ANYONE TRUSTING IN RICHES will FALL,
but the righteous will flourish like foliage.

29 The one who brings RUIN on his household will inherit the wind,
and a FOOL will be a slave to someone whose HEART is WISE.

30 The FRUIT of the Righteous is a Tree of LIFE,
but violence takes lives.

31 If the Righteous will be repaid on earth,
how much more the wicked and sinful."

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
Proverbs 2

Moral Benefits of GOD'S WISDOM...

"My son, if you ACCEPT My Words
and store up My commands within you,
turning your ear to WISDOM
and applying your heart to UNDERSTANDING —
indeed, if you call out for INSIGHT
and cry aloud for UNDERSTANDING,
and if you look for it like you LOOK for SILVER (money)
and SEARCH for it as for hidden TREASURE (money),
then you will UNDERSTAND the Fear of the Lord
and find the KNOWLEDGE OF GOD.
Because the LORD GIVES WISDOM;
from His Mouth, comes KNOWLEDGE and UNDERSTANDING.
He holds SUCCESS in store for the Upright (the humble),
He is a SHIELD to those whose walk is blameless (IN CHRIST),
for He GUARDS the course of the just
and PROTECTS the way of His FAITHFUL ones.

Then you will understand what is RIGHT and JUST
and FAIR — every good PATH.
Because WISDOM will ENTER your heart,
and KNOWLEDGE will be PLEASANT to your soul.
DISCRETION will PROTECT you,
and UNDERSTANDING will GUARD you.

WISDOM will SAVE you from the ways of wicked men,
from men whose words are PERVERSE,
who have LEFT the straight paths
to walk in DARK ways,
who DELIGHT in doing WRONG
and rejoice in the perverseness of evil,
whose PATHS are CROOKED
and who are DEVIOUS in their WAYS."

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
PROVERBS 15:

30 "The LIGHT in the eyes [of him whose heart is JOYFUL] rejoices the hearts of others, and GOOD NEWS nourishes the bones.

31 "The EAR that LISTENS to the reproof [that leads to or gives] LIFE will remain among the WISE.

32 "He who REFUSES and IGNORES instruction and correction DESPISES himself, but he who heeds REPROOF, gets UNDERSTANDING.

33 "The REVERENT and WORSHIPFUL fear of the LORD brings instruction in WISDOM, and HUMILITY COMES BEFORE HONOR.​

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
WISDOM IS KING!

PROVERBS 1:1-7

These are the WISE SAYINGS of Solomon, David's son, Israel's KING — Written down so we'll know HOW TO LIVE WELL AND RIGHT, to understand WHAT LIFE MEANS and WHERE IT'S GOING; A manual for LIVING, for LEARNING what's right and just and fair; To TEACH the inexperienced the ropes and give our young people a GRASP on REALITY.

"There's something here also for SEASONED men and women, still a thing or two for the experienced to learn— Fresh WISDOM to probe and penetrate, the rhymes and reasons of WISE men and women.

"START WITH GOD — the FIRST step in learning is BOWING DOWN TO GOD; only FOOLS thumb their noses at such WISDOM and LEARNING."

LawdHamMurcy

Eating Sheep!
Reaction score
Reactions
918 37 25
Alleybux
:plaugh: :plaugh: :plaugh: :plaugh:

Woman of God, your daily devotional are AWESOME!!!

"THE PROSPECT OF THE RIGHTEOUS IS JOY!

I know that you are truly blessed, anointed and highly favored of the Lord and are full of the JOY of the Lord as you track down all of my posts and groan them in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, AMEN!

With each of my posts that you track down and groan, you are receiving more joy and more anointing and are truly showing forth the love of God.

You have so much to be joyful about because the Lord moved upon your heart to keep groaning me until the power of Christ reigns down on LSA and strikes me.

Surely, the Lord's JOY is overcoming you and overtaking you with each groan. Surely, each time you click that groan button, you do it with the love of God shed abroad in your heart by the Holy GHOST, AMEN!

And I know that since you are a TRUE WOMAN OF GOD, there is no vengeance in your your heart; only the love of God and that is why the Lord prompted you to carry out this anointed assignment, AMEN!

bongotango.jpg

---------------------------------------------------
Today's Anointed Holy Message From the Lord
Nahum 1:1 NLT
The LORD is a jealous God, filled with vengeance and wrath. He takes revenge on all who oppose him and furiously destroys his enemies!
Jesus is LOVE! Accept Him NOW! Or, God WILL KILL you LATER!

The doors to the church are now open, will you come to Jesus!

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
Surely, the Lord's JOY is overcoming you and overtaking you with each groan. Surely, each time you click that groan button, you do it with the love of God shed abroad in your heart by the Holy GHOST, AMEN!

Proverbs 29:23
PRIDE lands you flat on your face; HUMILITY prepares you for HONORS.

LawdHamMurcy

Eating Sheep!
Reaction score
Reactions
918 37 25
Alleybux
:love: :love: :love-over:

Preach woman of God!

You have shown me how God spreads his love through vessels such as yourself!

Your groaning all of my posts is opening up the eyes of all those who read your posts to know your Christian spirit.

They see how you exemplify the spirit of Jesus Christ in both word and deed.

We cannot wait for your next scripture and exhortation.

Teach Us How To Love Woman Of God!

Teach Us How To LOVE!

That's what you are doing, right? Teaching us how to love, right?

Proverbs 29:23
PRIDE lands you flat on your face; HUMILITY prepares you for HONORS.

Discerning of Spirits
Christians have the gift of discernment; become a Christian and become empowered TODAY!

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
Luke 17
1 "Jesus TOLD His disciples, “Situations that cause people to lose their FAITH are certain to arise. But how horrible it will be for the PERSON WHO CAUSES SOMEONE TO LOSE HIS FAITH! 2 "It would be best for that person to be thrown into the sea with a large stone hung around his neck THAN FOR HIM TO CAUSE ONE OF THESE LITTLE ONES TO LOSE HIS FAITH. 3 So watch YOURSELVES!

ALL 'Pimps in the Pulpits' BEWARE! Too many of you STUPID "BRUTISH" PASTORS have ABUSED GOD'S SHEEP! GOD'S LAMBS! GOD'S FLOCK!! God does NOT take LIGHTLY how you MISTREAT HIS SHEEP!! God KNOWS the 'BODY COUNT' and 'where the BODIES ARE BURIED.' YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE - LAWDHAMMURCY aka ???!!!!!

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
PROVERBS 22

17 "PAY ATTENTION and turn your EAR to the sayings of the WISE;
apply your HEART to what I teach,
18 for it is pleasing when you KEEP THEM in your HEART
and have all of them ready on your LIPS.
19 So that your TRUST MAY BE IN THE LORD,
I TEACH you today, even you.
20 Have I not written thirty sayings for you,
sayings of COUNSEL and KNOWLEDGE,
21 teaching you TO BE HONEST and TO SPEAK THE TRUTH,
so that you bring back TRUTHFUL REPORTS
to those you SERVE?

22 Do NOT EXPLOIT THE POOR because they are poor
and do not crush the needy IN COURT,
23 because THE LORD WILL TAKE UP THEIR CASE
and will exact LIFE FOR LIFE."

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
"If you correct CONCEITED people, you will only be INSULTED. If you reprimand EVIL people, you will only get HURT. Never correct CONCEITED people; they will HATE you for it.

"But if you correct the WISE, they will RESPECT you. Anything you say to the WISE will make them WISER. Whatever you tell the Righteous, will ADD to their KNOWLEDGE.

"To be WISE, you must first HAVE REVERENCE FOR THE LORD. If you know the HOLY ONE, you have UNDERSTANDING. WISDOM will add YEARS to your LIFE. You are the one who will PROFIT if you have WISDOM, and if you REJECT WISDOM, you are the one who will SUFFER.

"STUPIDITY is LIKE a LOUD, IGNORANT, SHAMELESS woman. She sits at the door of her house or on a seat in the highest part of town, and CALLS OUT to people PASSING BY, who are minding their own business:

"Come in, IGNORANT people!" To the FOOLISH, she says,
'STOLEN water is sweeter. STOLEN bread tastes better.'

"Her victims do NOT know that the people DIE who go to HER house, and that those who have ALREADY entered her house, are NOW deep in the world of the DEAD."

PROVERBS 9:7-18

Dissident

stardust
Reaction score
Reactions
23,936 146 92
Alleybux
^^^If you have something to get off your chest about recent events here, just say it.

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
^^^If you have something to get off your chest about recent events here, just say it.

?????? :shock: GET A LIFE! STOP THE HATE! AND THE STALKING!! will ya?? LOL ... STOP THE HARASSMENT! I WILL REPORT YOU!!

JESUS LOVES YOU, BUT EVERYONE ELSE THINKS YOU'RE A ...???!! just/kidding! ... sorta! lol

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
Proverbs 15:30
"A twinkle in the eye means JOY in the HEART, and GOOD NEWS makes you FEEL FIT as a FIDDLE." :rainbow:

LawdHamMurcy

Eating Sheep!
Reaction score
Reactions
918 37 25
Alleybux
:peace: :peace: :peace:
Are You One Of God's Warriors?
Isaiah 42:13 ESV
The Lord goes out like a mighty man, like a man of war he stirs up his zeal; he cries out, he shouts aloud, he shows himself mighty against his foes.
Jeremiah 50:21-22 NLT
"Go up, my warriors, against the land of Merathaim and against the people of Pekod. Yes, march against Babylon, the land of rebels, a land that I will judge! Pursue, kill, and completely destroy them, as I have commanded you," says the LORD. "Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction".
rWhosoever%20will%20be%20a%20friend%20of%20the%20world%20is%20the%20enemy%20of%20God.jpg

2 Samuel 12:11
Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.

Dissident

stardust
Reaction score
Reactions
23,936 146 92
Alleybux
Bongotango, I was trying to be polite because of the forum this is in. But if you're going to speak this way to us I must protest and be more blunt. I'm not the one following a font pasting the same death threat against him over and over. You know it was wrong because Admin deleted them. You need to stand down. And not taint these threads further with personal attacks.

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
Bongotango, I was trying to be polite because of the forum this is in. But if you're going to speak this way to us I must protest and be more blunt. I'm not the one following a font pasting the same death threat against him over and over. You know it was wrong because Admin deleted them. You need to stand down. And not taint these threads further with personal attacks.

ROFL ... "..trying to be polite..":search: :devil: ? SAVE IT, will ya, for someone who is naive enough to BELIEVE your charade!!! (lol) you and your 'playdate,' LAWDHAMMURCY, need to 'move it along'. I never MADE death threats to YOU nor your 'playdate!' (lol) ADMIN understands the ramification here and KNOWS what you are all about, so 'GIVE IT A REST!" Your LIES are only 'digging a DEEPER HOLE for yourself.'(lol) If this is how you (and your 'playdate') hope to reach your goals to prove us wrong, you are losing BIG TIME. Your need to EXAGGERATE your unrealistic fantasies of GRANDEUR of your OWN intelligence exemplifies your UNHEALTHY NEED for constant attention from others. At the END OF THE DAY, you will have to 'face your MAKER!" Give it to JESUS! :love: JESUS IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN SAVE YOU!!!:love:

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
:peace: :peace: :peace:
Are You One Of God's Warriors?
Isaiah 42:13 ESV
The Lord goes out like a mighty man, like a man of war he stirs up his zeal; he cries out, he shouts aloud, he shows himself mighty against his foes.
Jeremiah 50:21-22 NLT
"Go up, my warriors, against the land of Merathaim and against the people of Pekod. Yes, march against Babylon, the land of rebels, a land that I will judge! Pursue, kill, and completely destroy them, as I have commanded you," says the LORD. "Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction".

"THIS is what THE LORD SAYS, HE WHO MADE THE EARTH, THE LORD WHO FORMED IT AND ESTABLISHED IT - THE LORD is HIS NAME:

‘CALL TO ME AND I WILL ANSWER YOU AND TELL YOU GREAT AND UNSEARCHABLE THINGS YOU DO NOT KNOW!'"​

Jeremiah 33:2-3 NIV​

Dissident

stardust
Reaction score
Reactions
23,936 146 92
Alleybux
...I never MADE death threats to YOU nor your 'playdate!' (lol) ADMIN understands the ramification here and KNOWS what you are all about, so 'GIVE IT A REST!" Your LIES...

Well I really didn't want to have to do this, but since you're being dishonest and attacking, it needs to be documented. Here are your four identical posts, two of which were deleted by Admin, two which were missed.

http://www.lipstickalley.com/f83/good-atheists-vs-bad-atheists-415433/
63daaa9cd48e4cb796e8f37.png

http://www.lipstickalley.com/f83/marriage-clearly-defined-bible-right-416635/
a340f96dd5f643ddbbe8a1c.png

http://www.lipstickalley.com/f83/daily-devotional-identity-christ-342538/
...But how horrible it will be for the PERSON WHO CAUSES SOMEONE TO LOSE HIS FAITH! "It would be best for that person to be thrown into the sea with a large stone hung around his neck THAN FOR HIM TO CAUSE ONE OF THESE LITTLE ONES TO LOSE HIS FAITH. 3 So watch YOURSELVES! ...YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE - LAWDHAMMURCY ...
http://www.lipstickalley.com/f83/daily-devotional-wise-proverbs-342541/
...But how horrible it will be for the PERSON WHO CAUSES SOMEONE TO LOSE HIS FAITH! "It would be best for that person to be thrown into the sea with a large stone hung around his neck THAN FOR HIM TO CAUSE ONE OF THESE LITTLE ONES TO LOSE HIS FAITH. So watch YOURSELVES! ...YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE - LAWDHAMMURCY...

There are the inarguable receipts. Again... stand down. Let these threads continue in peace.

Inquiring Mind

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
16,038 1 2
Alleybux
Proverbs 15:1-2

1 A soft answer turns away wrath,
But a harsh word stirs up anger.

2 The tongue of the wise uses knowledge rightly,
But the mouth of fools pours forth foolishness.

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
Well I really didn't want to have to do this, but since you're being dishonest and attacking, it needs to be documented. Here are your four identical posts, two of which were deleted by Admin, two which were missed.

There are the inarguable receipts. Again... stand down. Let these threads continue in peace.

:love:
"MAY God BLESS :love: you and keep you,

"MAY God SMILE :smile: on you and GIFT you,

"MAY God LOOK YOU FULL IN THE FACE :love: and make you PROSPER IN JESUS' NAME! AMEN!​

1 Corinthians 1:3
"MAY GRACE AND PEACE BE TO YOU FROM GOD OUR FATHER AND THE LORD JESUS CHRIST!!!!" :love: :smile:​

"MAY THE WILL/PLAN/PURPOSE OF GOD BE DONE IN YOUR LIFE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN, AND MAY HIS KINGDOM BE ESTABLISHED IN YOU ACCORDING TO HIS RICHES IN GLORY IN CHRIST JESUS FOR HIS GLORY, HIS HONOR AND HIS THANKS!" :love:

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
[B]WISDOM BRINGS HAPPINESS...

PROVERBS 3:13-26

HAPPY are YOU who find WISDOM
and YOU who acquires UNDERSTANDING,
for she is more PROFITABLE THAN SILVER,
and her revenue is BETTER THAN GOLD.
She is more PRECIOUS THAN JEWELS;

NOTHING COMPARES WITH WISDOM.
LONG LIFE is in her right hand;
in her left, RICHES AND HONOR.
Her ways are PLEASANT,
and all her paths, PEACEFUL.
She is a TREE OF LIFE those who embrace her,
and those who hold on to her are HAPPY.

The LORD FOUNDED the EARTH BY WISDOM
and ESTABLISHED the heavens by UNDERSTANDING.
By His KNOWLEDGE, the watery depths broke OPEN,
and the CLOUDS dripped with dew.

Maintain your COMPETENCE and DISCRETION.
My son, don’t lose SIGHT of them.
They will be LIFE for you
and ADORNMENT for your neck.
Then you will go SAFELY on your way;
your foot will NOT stumble.
When you lie down, you will NOT BE AFRAID;
you will lie down, and your sleep will be PLEASANT.
DON'T FEAR sudden danger
or the RUIN OF THE WICKED when it COMES,
because THE Lord will be your CONFIDENCE
and will keep your foot from a TRAP."
[/B]

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
Proverbs 12:20

"DECEIT is in the HEART of those who plan EVIL,
but there is JOY for those who advise PEACE."

Dissident

stardust
Reaction score
Reactions
23,936 146 92
Alleybux
tumblr_m9zxf6BMTH1qfxkqoo1_1280.png

Please stop personally attacking nontheists at LSA and demanding we be silent.

In the nontheist forum, please show the respect we do in the Christian subforum and sticky threads.

Thank you.

Veggie Patty

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
317 7 13
Alleybux
Proverbs 16:25 - King James Version (KJV)

There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Proverbs 28:13-14 - King James Version (KJV)

13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

14 Happy is the man that feareth alway: but he that hardeneth his heart shall fall into mischief.

Veggie Patty

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
317 7 13
Alleybux
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEmOqrGUm_s"]Gossip (It Is Written with Shawn Boonstra)[/ame]

Summary: How much happier and healthier would the church be if people stopped gossiping? It only takes a few seconds to cast permanent doubt on someone's character. What's the Bible's counsel on this issue?

Verse: "Where there is no wood, the fire goes out; and where there is no talebearer, strife ceases."
—Proverbs 26:20

For more daily devotionals, visit www.itiswritten.com/betterway

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
Proverbs 28:23-28

"Those who CORRECT someone, will in the end, find MORE FAVOR
than those with FLATTERING tongues.
Those who steal from their father and mother,
and say, “It’s not a crime,”
are friends of vandals.​

Greedy people stir up conflict,
but those who TRUST THE LORD become PROSPEROUS.
Those who trust in their OWN reasoning are FOOLS,
but those who WALK IN WISDOM will be kept SAFE.​
Those who GIVE to the poor will lack nothing,
but those who turn a blind eye will be greatly CURSED.

When the WICKED rise up, people hide,
but when they are destroyed, the Righteous multiply."​

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
PROVERBS 1:1-7:

"These PROVERBS of Solomon, the son of David, King of Isra’el are:
  • for LEARNING about WISDOM and DISCIPLINE;
  • for UNDERSTANDING words expressing deep INSIGHT;
  • for GAINING an intelligently disciplined life,
  • for DOING what is Right, Just and Fair;
  • for ENDOWING with caution those who don’t think and the young person with KNOWLEDGE and DISCRETION.
  • for someone who is already WISE will hear and learn still more;
  • for someone who already UNDERSTANDS will gain the ability to counsel well;

"You will UNDERSTAND Proverbs, Obscure expressions, the Sayings and Riddles of the WISE.

"THE FEARFUL RESPECT OF ADONAI IS THE BEGINNING OF KNOWLEDGE,

"but FOOLS DESPISE WISDOM AND DISCIPLINE."​
Complete Jewish Bible

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
PROVERBS 18:17 & 19

"He who tells his story FIRST, makes people think he is right, UNTIL the other comes to TEST him."

"A brother offended is HARDER to be won than a STRONG city, and their contentious QUARRELINGS are like the bars of king's iron gate."

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
interesting......

Psalm 22:19-21

"But You my LORD, is NOT far from me :love: ;
O my STRENGTH, :love: You are READY TO HELP me!

"You DELIVER me :love:from the sword!
"You DELIVER my precious life :love:from the power of the dogs.
"You SAVE me from the lion’s mouth,
"And You SAVE me :love:from the horns of the wild oxen!

"You, O LORD, HAVE ANSWERED me!" :love: Selah!

Psalm 16:7 (NKJV)

"I WILL BLESS THE LORD!
WHO HAS GIVEN ME COUNSEL;
MY HEART INSTRUCTS ME IN THE NIGHT SEASONS."

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux

Psalm 22:19-21

"But You my LORD, is NOT far from me :love: ;
O my STRENGTH, :love: You are READY TO HELP me!

"You DELIVER me :love:from the sword!
"You DELIVER my precious life :love:from the power of the dogs.
"You SAVE me from the lion’s mouth,
"And You SAVE me :love:from the horns of the wild oxen!

"You, O LORD, HAVE ANSWERED me!" :love: Selah!

Psalm 16:7 (NKJV)

"I WILL BLESS THE LORD!
WHO HAS GIVEN ME COUNSEL;
MY HEART INSTRUCTS ME IN THE NIGHT SEASONS."

FYI: The above response was for the 'TROLL' who typed 'interesting' ... he knows I know who HE is ... k.i.m. ... some ministers have tooo much time on their hands, and that's why God is exposing their Sin! selah! ... keep playing with God!

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux

:pconfetti:
Proverbs 1:7
"WISDOM BEGINS with the FEAR OF THE LORD,
but fools despise WISDOM AND INSTRUCTION."

cocoprincess

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
29,098 401 162
Alleybux
Put away from thee a wayward mouth, And perverse lips put far from thee.
Proverbs 4:24 ASV