Quantcast

Dame Dash on Aaliyah: "I knew I was in love because I never wanted to go outside."

Isisleo86

FKA williams86
Reaction score
Reactions
511,396 8,974 1,173
Alleybux
I can say in all honesty that the first time I heard this was within a day of the crash and it was said in multiple outlets. A lot of what was being said during those first couple of days mysteriously changed, especially after 9-11.

If so why (I know u don't know). I agree that a lot of things do get changed as time goes on esp 9/11.

Payton

The Feds...maybe.
Reaction score
Reactions
1,097,554 118,719 146
Alleybux

If so why (I know u don't know). I agree that a lot of things do get changed as time goes on esp 9/11.

My theory is that folks wanted to C.Y.A. He pressures her to leave + She pressures the pilot to leave (with all of the cargo) = A way for attorneys for the charter company & pilot's family to argue that she had some culpability. Squashing the story protects A & puts all of the blame on the pilot.

boat1580

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,012 1,921 1,004
Alleybux
awww, I like hearing about their relationship and what he felt for her. but sometimes I also don't know what she saw in his personality. he seems so mean. and I think even she realized it. in that movie (thought it was crap) she was trying to calm him down and it seemed to work but she told him to treat people better, in so many words and that he isn't really mean, just a little insecure.

as far as him marrying quickly after she died, I'm not condoning it but really, most men do this. they are not as strong as we women are and as soon as their s.o. dies, they get someone else quick in order to get that "support".

Reaction score
Reactions
1,503 55 20
Alleybux
My theory is that folks wanted to C.Y.A. He pressures her to leave + She pressures the pilot to leave (with all of the cargo) = A way for attorneys for the charter company & pilot's family to argue that she had some culpability. Squashing the story protects A & puts all of the blame on the pilot.

I have also heard this several times. But people also said they were in a rush to leave because there was no running water on the island or something to that affect. What your saying makes more sense because Fatima and hype were in no rush to leave that day.

MambaForeva

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
293,990 9,842 4,011
Alleybux
What is C.Y.A.?

tzt2003

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
60,475 6,100 2,904
Alleybux
They were perfectly compatible. Maybe that's what it was. Aaliyah was a Capricorn, and Dame is a Taurus. Also, Rachel is a Capricorn as well.

They are all earth signs, and earth signs are not the most outwardly emotional, so that could be why people didn't see big emotional displays of grief from him. A lot of battle is within. I'm just saying.

I think he loved Aaliyah. I was skeptical too, but look at how he grabs and holds her in this video...2:23 mark, and 4:48 mark.
I Love You More Everyday || DameLiyah valentine - YouTube

I DO also think Dame was stressful to deal with, and he was possibly stressing her. I noticed at one of her signings she didn't seem herself and kept looking at her phone. Dame said that he would play games to show he wasn't sweating her, although he was, so...

RileyEsco

My 7th Account
Reaction score
Reactions
938 36 14
Alleybux
I tend to think myself Rachel Roy was the one he wanted. He had a very chaotic relationship with her but he speaks a lot more in his feelings about her in interviews these days. She prob wasnt as willing to be a complete doormat when it came to him plus she made her own way and now has more of a career for herself than he does.

Thats no offense to Aaliyah, but I think too many dudes took advantage of her youth and naivety. That R. Kelly mess completely set the tone for other relationships in her life unfortunately.

Rachel went from intern to BM. Her line is mostly successful because of him.

MambaForeva

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
293,990 9,842 4,011
Alleybux
Rachel went from intern to BM. Her line is mostly successful because of him.

But where is he at business wise these days tho? He constantly doing interviews crying over his struggles and being salty over where Jay Z is now in his career.

RileyEsco

My 7th Account
Reaction score
Reactions
938 36 14
Alleybux
But where is he at business wise these days tho? He constantly doing interviews crying over his struggles and being salty over where Jay Z is now in his career.

He isnt crying over anything. After that podcast, I knew he was gonna do a YouTube channel or something. He's part owner of Rachel's line. He's back to doing films. He's working on clothing. Art gallery. Etc....

nycfinest

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,630 126 34
Alleybux
It sure looks that way she was around when he was married to Rachel. From intern/assistant to girlfriend. He talking all that culture vulture mess and support your people and he screwing the white girl. Now we see why Rachel divorced him. Done with this dude

apocalipton

Powerhouse Titties
Reaction score
Reactions
144,447 6,180 2,470
Alleybux
He's develops unhealthy attachments to people. He needs EST and some meds.

(And I will still never forget that day he screamed into his cellphone like a toddler demanding that she board that plane.)

texaco

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
1,012 44 41
Alleybux
He isnt crying over anything. After that podcast, I knew he was gonna do a YouTube channel or something. He's part owner of Rachel's line. He's back to doing films. He's working on clothing. Art gallery. Etc....

Pretty sure there's little to no income derived from any of his various ventures.

Dude's bat sh!t crazy but funny as fµck.

I honestly wish he'd do a talk show or something.

Dude is also a genius and were he able to get out of his own fµck!ng way.

Could reclaim his rightful place as the Berry Gordy of his generation.

Lovesdogs

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
70,305 668 771
Alleybux
I think dash was only with aaliyah to piss off Jay....it was obvious that jay z liked her

That takes me back to how broken hearted Jay clearly was in the Missing You remix. I still remember the first time I heard it on the radio. Now THAT was sincere.

Lovesdogs

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
70,305 668 771
Alleybux

(And I will still never forget that day he screamed into his cellphone like a toddler demanding that she board that plane.)

IKR! I'm still laughing at his offer to take The Breakfast Club indy after C the God and he had that "grown man talk" about bidniss....

majaling

Raven
Reaction score
Reactions
6,966 482 125
Alleybux
They were perfectly compatible. Maybe that's what it was. Aaliyah was a Capricorn, and Dame is a Taurus. Also, Rachel is a Capricorn as well.

They are all earth signs, and earth signs are not the most outwardly emotional, so that could be why people didn't see big emotional displays of grief from him. A lot of battle is within. I'm just saying.

I think he loved Aaliyah. I was skeptical too, but look at how he grabs and holds her in this video...2:23 mark, and 4:48 mark.

I DO also think Dame was stressful to deal with, and he was possibly stressing her. I noticed at one of her signings she didn't seem herself and kept looking at her phone. Dame said that he would play games to show he wasn't sweating her, although he was, so...

It could be just me but in the photos of her and Dame and even in this video, they are always laughing together but it looks like every time he tries to kiss her, she pulls away. I could be reaching with this but I think he was in much "infatuation" with her but I don't know how she felt about him. Seems like she was in the beginning of the liking stage. I dont think a wedding or engagement was in the near future. We can only take his word.

ShadyPhaePhae

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
227,439 6,043 2,425
Alleybux
I may be in the minority but I honestly feel like Dame genuinely loved Aaliyah and whenever he talks about her it seems like it just happened for him. They looked happy together.

ShadyPhaePhae

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
227,439 6,043 2,425
Alleybux
It could be just me but in the photos of her and Dame and even in this video, they are always laughing together but it looks like every time he tries to kiss her, she pulls away. I could be reaching with this but I think he was in much "infatuation" with her but I don't know how she felt about him. Seems like she was in the beginning of the liking stage. I dont think a wedding or engagement was in the near future. We can only take his word.
If I'm not mistaken didn't he say this after she died? Or made it seem like they were talking about it

jessicacooper12

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,313 268 218
Alleybux
Aaliyah is one of my favorite singer all time. Nobody do not understand that this girl died so young when she was only 22 year old she was just a baby when she died. She did not have a chance to get married are have a family on her own. But I do fell sorry for Dame because he lost his mother a young age he was only 16 year old when his mom died and then his lost his girlfriend in a horrible and tragic way in a plane crash. I kind of understand why he act the way the he do he seems to be like a anger person. I truly Believe still to this day his mother and Aaliyah death still hurt and affected him badly. I do not wish that kind of pain on anybody it the worst pain ever. And still I Believe that his loved and miss Aaliyah with all his heart But he had to Move on with his life and be happy and find love again . There nothing wrong with that because Aaliyah would want him to be happy and not sad for the rest of his life. And he will never love a girl like he had love Aaliyah he say that all by him sefe and nobody will ever replace Aaliyah. And this coming a d died hard fan of Aaliyah Dana Haughton . Rest in peace Baby Girl.

birdofbeauty13

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,878 334 129
Alleybux

Wow to the bolded... I can honestly say that I'm not surprised. SOMETHING made her want to come back early. Just a sad and preventable situation.

Kitty Softpawz

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
34,842 1,810 2,220
Alleybux
Aaliyah is one of my favorite singer all time. Nobody do not understand that this girl died so young when she was only 22 year old she was just a baby when she died. She did not have a chance to get married are have a family on her own. But I do fell sorry for Dame because he lost his mother a young age he was only 16 year old when his mom died and then his lost his girlfriend in a horrible and tragic way in a plane crash. I kind of understand why he act the way the he do he seems to be like a anger person. I truly Believe still to this day his mother and Aaliyah death still hurt and affected him badly. I do not wish that kind of pain on anybody it the worst pain ever. And still I Believe that his loved and miss Aaliyah with all his heart But he had to Move on with his life and be happy and find love again . There nothing wrong with that because Aaliyah would want him to be happy and not sad for the rest of his life. And he will never love a girl like he had love Aaliyah he say that all by him sefe and nobody will ever replace Aaliyah. And this coming a d died hard fan of Aaliyah Dana Haughton . Rest in peace Baby Girl.

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? No shade. Your writing style is interesting.

Kitty Softpawz

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
34,842 1,810 2,220
Alleybux

That's not love, that's obsession. Looks wise she was out of his league and he knew it and couldn't believe his good fortune at having pulled her. They had a strong friendship and cared a lot for each other sure but his grief was too short lived at such a tragic untimely death to solidify this relationship as anything deeper than it appeared on the surface: puppy love. She would have eventually grown tired of his manipulation, control and abuse and moved on to another older man who she felt validated her woman hood.

I think she was a beautiful girl but there was a side to her that was attracted to dark, parasitic figures in both business and personal relationships and it always concerned me. It was like she was modeled back then to teach young girls to find a "count" as Wendy calls it, an older successful sponsor type man that just wants to worship your youth and be a father figure and not much else.

He doomed his self by the way he treated his friends and associates like they were flunkies all the time. I will never forget how he sonned JZ on his bday in that YT clip and how he yelled at all the employees. Can you imagine how he treated Liyah behind closed doors? I know he used to snatch her left to right when she would dismiss or ignore him, which is a common personality trait of Capricorns when they think you are being childish. And he is an eternal man child, just like his BFF Cam'ron, birds of a feather.

I think that the evolution of the Roc Dynasty and everything that happened to everyone affiliated with that camp is just very poetic justice. I'm glad I'm old enough to remember all of it, and someday, it will make for a FANTASTIC movie. I mean can you just imagine.....WOW. I wish the Alley was still a safe space for tea and shade....I have so many memories of those years that I just and laugh in lurking on new threads about it.

Isisleo86

FKA williams86
Reaction score
Reactions
511,396 8,974 1,173
Alleybux
She would have eventually grown tired of his manipulation, control and abuse and moved on to another older man who she felt validated her woman hood.
Can you imagine how he treated Liyah behind closed doors? I know he used to snatch her left to right when she would dismiss or ignore him,

I wish the Alley was still a safe space for tea and shade....I have so many memories of those years that I just and laugh in lurking on new threads about it.

So ur saying he was abusive? For some reason she doesn't seem the type to condone such but u never know.
I wish u would spill it would be interesting. I love stories.

Kitty Softpawz

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
34,842 1,810 2,220
Alleybux
So ur saying he was abusive? For some reason she doesn't seem the type to condone such but u never know.
I wish u would spill it would be interesting. I love stories.

There's nothing to spill, who do you think she's talking about in the song "I Care For You". He was disrespectful towards her as he is all women including his daughter.

MambaForeva

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
293,990 9,842 4,011
Alleybux
That's not love, that's obsession. Looks wise she was out of his league and he knew it and couldn't believe his good fortune at having pulled her. They had a strong friendship and cared a lot for each other sure but his grief was too short lived at such a tragic untimely death to solidify this relationship as anything deeper than it appeared on the surface: puppy love. She would have eventually grown tired of his manipulation, control and abuse and moved on to another older man who she felt validated her woman hood.

I think she was a beautiful girl but there was a side to her that was attracted to dark, parasitic figures in both business and personal relationships and it always concerned me. It was like she was modeled back then to teach young girls to find a "count" as Wendy calls it, an older successful sponsor type man that just wants to worship your youth and be a father figure and not much else.

He doomed his self by the way he treated his friends and associates like they were flunkies all the time. I will never forget how he sonned JZ on his bday in that YT clip and how he yelled at all the employees. Can you imagine how he treated Liyah behind closed doors? I know he used to snatch her left to right when she would dismiss or ignore him, which is a common personality trait of Capricorns when they think you are being childish. And he is an eternal man child, just like his BFF Cam'ron, birds of a feather.

I think that the evolution of the Roc Dynasty and everything that happened to everyone affiliated with that camp is just very poetic justice. I'm glad I'm old enough to remember all of it, and someday, it will make for a FANTASTIC movie. I mean can you just imagine.....WOW. I wish the Alley was still a safe space for tea and shade....I have so many memories of those years that I just and laugh in lurking on new threads about it.

Didnt he even used to bully Jay something serious? Ive read on here before he always would punk out Jay in labels meetings. No matter what folks say/thought about Jay out of those two Damon was still a worse terror.

Reaction score
Reactions
380 3 3
Alleybux
So that whole "We were together for a year and I never not once raised my voice at her" was a lie? Because I've always wondered about that, especially since his Breakfast Club interview....he was acting like such a damn brat. Knowing how Aaliyah's personality was, I do wonder about how they interacted, But everyone around her says she was happy with him and "in love" Even Rashad said he was happy to see her happy and Kidada said she was "so happy" hell, her ass even repeated it. Mmmmhhh...are they covering up the true nature of the relationship?

Meimei0316

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
31,307 1,854 926
Alleybux
I don't hate damon dash. i think he still is in love and misses aaliyah. He gets all these women to distract himself from aaliyah. he still loves and misses her.

OpticalOV

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
4,005 313 17
Alleybux
As much as I love Aaliyah I've always thought she had the most awful taste in men, I can't even lie. As amazing of a person she was, is how horrible her taste in men was.
You can thank Robert for that. He twisted her perception of the men she thought she could attract. She deserved an incredible man, not literal trash.

Jojo Jacob

If I'm a drink, your'e my lemon squeeze
Reaction score
Reactions
1,893 170 101
Alleybux
I don't hate damon dash. i think he still is in love and misses aaliyah. He gets all these women to distract himself from aaliyah. he still loves and misses her.
Damon has a loud mouth and is very egoistic but you can tell he is still very much in love with Aaliyah and he made her very happy. When I was watching the recent ET interview, you can tell he has not completely healed and it's like a piece of him is forever broken.

Aaliyah also seemed really in love with him as well.