Quantcast

Damon Dash was about to spill some tea about Hype Williams during Aaliyah’s Rock The Boat Set.

byanymeans

zodiac sign: sagiterrorist
Reaction score
Reactions
69,057 2,080 174
Alleybux
Wooooow I never heard this about Hype Williams. Wtf.

I do think her schedule during that time was so hectic. I know she was releasing an album but they really overworked her and the tight ass schedule made zero sense.

Scorpio Jawn

Toucher of grass.
Reaction score
Reactions
174,235 8,838 1,514
Alleybux
Wait a damn minute. Lenny offered Aaliyah his jet but Hype took it instead? wtf. How big was the jet and why didn't Hype offer to take her with him? It makes sense why Hype has been so quiet about Aaliyah these years. He probably feels guilty. If Dame is gonna bring it up, he might as well spill everything at this point

BeautyT2012

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
38,362 640 107
Alleybux
Wow!! Interesting enough Lenny hasn't mentioned it either.

So many "What ifs".

I hope that everyone who died on that plane is resting in peace and their memories are a blessing to their family. So many lives changed in a blink of an eye.

Reminds you how precious life is.

Last edited:

COMPLEXXX

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
903,466 13,467 1,349
Alleybux
I’m conflicted about this.

On one hand, it’s something that clearly fucks with him years later and you can tell by his body language and tone that he’s hurt but on the other, now people are going to play the blame game and attack Hype like he knew the tragedy was going to occur. That’s a heavy burden to put on someone. But what I’m confused about is, hasn’t it been said for years that Aaliyah’s plane was carrying video equipment? If Hype took this jet, why didn’t he take that equipment with him?

YaRichAuntie

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
41,379 1,552 298
Alleybux
Wooooow I never heard this about Hype Williams. Wtf.

I do think her schedule during that time was so hectic. I know she was releasing an album but they really overworked her and the tight ass schedule made zero sense.
I never heard that part either!!! and I forgot all about Hype!! He was radio silent after that

Isisleo86

FKA williams86
Reaction score
Reactions
511,317 8,972 1,173
Alleybux
Wait a damn minute. Lenny offered Aaliyah his jet but Hype took it instead? wtf. How big was the jet and why didn't Hype offer to take her with him? It makes sense why Hype has been so quiet about Aaliyah these years. He probably feels guilty. If Dame is gonna bring it up, he might as well spill everything at this point

Right! If true, this further disproves the reports of her being a diva when boarding the plane. If she was that much if a diva, NO ONE would have taken a plane that was intended for her. She had all rights.to.demand to board the plane that Lenny K sent for her.

All this really shows how fµck!ng sh!tty her uncle/head of her record label is. You mean to tell me ANOTHER star, Lenny Kravitz had to provide an adequate plane for her! Her own UNCLE refused to do that for his own damn niece! I also heard reports that the resort her Uncle booked for them in the Bahamas didn't have running water which was another reason they weren't trying to be there any longer than necessary. Someone on her team spilled that in an interview some years ago.

Aleeislove

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,683 161 155
Alleybux
Wow. I watched the video. I appreciated how chill he was with his responses and he was a bit funny too.
I’m curious to hear what Hype would say if he was publicly asked that question. He’s been out of limelight for a minute.

Last edited:

BLKBAMBI

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
234,862 14,261 10,383
Alleybux
Right! If true, this further disproves the reports of her being a diva when boarding the plane. If she was that much if a diva, NO ONE would have taken a plane that was intended for her. She had all rights.to.demand to board the plane that Lenny K sent for her.

All this really shows how fµck!ng sh!tty her uncle/head of her record label is. You mean to tell me ANOTHER star, Lenny Kravitz had to provide an adequate plane for her! Her own UNCLE refused to do that for his own damn niece! I also heard reports that the resort her Uncle booked for them in the Bahamas didn't have running water which was another reason they weren't trying to be there any longer than necessary. Someone on her team spilled that in an interview some years ago.
my blood pressure!!!! wtf?!

missesbrown

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
22 2
Alleybux
OMG!!! I am watching the same video right now!!! They just posted it for Babygirl's anniversary lol I came running here to see if anyone had anything to say!!! lol I'll just sit back and read now lmao

Scorpio Jawn

Toucher of grass.
Reaction score
Reactions
174,235 8,838 1,514
Alleybux

Dame is talking about "go ask him" (Hype) as if he isn't an extremely private person. If he hasn't spoken on Aaliyah during all these years, why would he now? Just spill!

It angers me how the actual celebrity and STAR wasn't treated like one. If she was, Baby Girl would still be here today. How on God's green earth did Hype manage to take Lenny's jet that was intended for Aaliyah when you're just the director? I have so many questions.

All Barry cared about was recouping his money back and exploiting his niece. It's always been apparent he never cared for Aaliyah, just the money she brought in for Blackground. It's disgusting. Aaliyah was too pure and kind for this world because there is no way a star like her should've been treated like this. I really wish she continued to film Rock The Boat in Miami instead of having to fly to the Bahamas.

ETA: I truly believe Aaliyah would've escaped the clutches of her uncle once her self titled era was done. She was becoming a woman and I think she was probably starting to see him for who he really was. A new manager, a new label, and most of all a much needed fresh start was in the books for her.

Last edited:

Da_Fuqqq

#BLACKGIRLMAGIC
Reaction score
Reactions
47,274 1,413 445
Alleybux
I really hate that video because literally the hol thing was cheap looking and was done with a green screen so what was the point of even going to an Island when most of the shots are digitally altered

RIP Baby girl I remember busting out in tears when i heard about this and i wasnt even an Aaliyah stan

spacecase

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
7,417 507 1,436
Alleybux
At the end of the day the blame rests solely on the pilot and the airport crew who loaded the plane knowing that it exceeded its weight capacity. They could've flown in a lear jet or airliner as they did for the backup dancers who left the next day but chose not to because they figured it was less of a hassle if they just cram 9 or so people onto a Cessna and call it a day.

spacecase

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
7,417 507 1,436
Alleybux
The irony is that the entire video could've been filmed in Miami or even Key West. There really was no necessity behind them going to the Bahamas. The scenery is nearly identical and still fits the tropical aesthetic they were going for.

40 Acres and a MULE

Madonna, JT, Elvis benefited from white privilege!
Reaction score
Reactions
157,077 9,092 2,094
Alleybux
I’m conflicted about this.

On one hand, it’s something that clearly fucks with him years later and you can tell by his body language and tone that he’s hurt but on the other, now people are going to play the blame game and attack Hype like he knew the tragedy was going to occur. That’s a heavy burden to put on someone. But what I’m confused about is, hasn’t it been said for years that Aaliyah’s plane was carrying video equipment? If Hype took this jet, why didn’t he take that equipment with him?
It is confusing because what was also said was Aaliyah and her crew left a day early before the others and to get to meet Dame(maybe hype was a part of that group that stayed behind and had planned to leave later)

Last edited:

M.A.R

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
157,677 8,626 481
Alleybux
The irony is that the entire video could've been filmed in Miami or even Key West. There really was no necessity behind them going to the Bahamas. The scenery is nearly identical and still fits the tropical aesthetic they were going for.
Back then they paid a lot of money for music videos so location was a huge factor.

Last edited:

Stilla

Black MALE Font | Posted on Beyonce.com 8/11/23
Reaction score
Reactions
667,996 33,492 13,143
Alleybux
INTERESTING!
I was watching something else at work earlier and my ears buzzed a little bit when Dame brought up Hype (video is timestamped, but this is a really good piece/tribute to Aaliyah that some news station did. They sat with a lot of people from her childhood to DJs to backup singer who all spent time with her).
Dame said he knew and told her that Hype would have her in a bad plane or a bad hotel because he's known for basically cutting corners in the wrong places but spending a bunch of money to shoot at locations like the Bahamas for no reason as they were already in Miami.
Like I said this whole thing was really good. They did a good job on this piece.

With that being said...Hype got some explaining to do...wow.

Last edited:

coginito

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
125,286 8,392 3,859
Alleybux
Wow. I watched the video. I appreciated how chill he was with his responses and he was a bit funny too.
I’m curious to hear what Hype would say if he was publicly asked that question. He’s been out of line light for a minute.
The way Dame was shaking I don't think their conversation involved words!

diesha28

Danielle Aisha - The Trinidadian Aquarius
Reaction score
Reactions
33,067 1,527 1,462
Alleybux
Dame is talking about "go ask him" (Hype) as if he isn't an extremely private person. If he hasn't spoken on Aaliyah during all these years, why would he now? Just spill!

It angers me how the actual celebrity and STAR wasn't treated like one. If she was, Baby Girl would still be here today. How on God's green earth did Hype manage to take Lenny's jet that was intended for Aaliyah when you're just the director? I have so many questions.

All Barry cared about was recouping his money back and exploiting his niece. It's always been apparent he never cared for Aaliyah, just the money she brought in for Blackground. It's disgusting. Aaliyah was too pure and kind for this world because there is no way a star like her should've been treated like this. I really wish she continued to film Rock The Boat in Miami instead of having to fly to the Bahamas.

ETA: I truly believe Aaliyah would've escaped the clutches of her uncle once her self titled era was done. She was becoming a woman and I think she was probably starting to see him for who he really was. A new manager, a new label, and most of all a much needed fresh start was in the books for her.
Yes

ShadyPhaePhae

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
226,887 6,007 2,422
Alleybux
INTERESTING!
I was watching something else at work earlier and my ears buzzed a little bit when Dame brought up Hype (video is timestamped, but this is a really good piece/tribute to Aaliyah that some news station did. They sat with a lot of people from her childhood to DJs to backup singer who all spent time with her).
Dame said he knew and told her that Dame would have her in a bad plane or a bad hotel because he's known for basically cutting corners in the wrong places but spending a bunch of money to shoot at locations like the Bahamas for no reason as they were already in Miami.
Like I said this whole thing was really good. They did a good job on this piece.

With that being said...Hype got some explaining to do...wow.

Dame or Hype?

ShadyPhaePhae

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
226,887 6,007 2,422
Alleybux
If the plane was offered to Aaliyah why did Hype take it?! Did Aaliyah even know the offer was on the table? Cause every time anyone talks about the moments before boarding they make it sound like there was no other options. Aaliyahs death will never sit well with me…she should’ve been here with us today she didn’t deserve to die.

MambaForeva

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
293,927 9,824 4,003
Alleybux
Y'all really trying to throw Hype Williams in this sh!t? I noticed y'all blame everyone but that crackhead pilot. Her parents plane crash lawsuit was settled in 2003.
I said in the other thread I don't believe half of what Dame says anyways. She actually left a day earlier than scheduled and it was the label that chartered the plane. This don't match up with what official records and everything else that has been said before.

ladyskillz

ShoeGameThrilla
Reaction score
Reactions
11,193 449 65
Alleybux
Dame sounds like an asshole ,... that as soon as he found out he took all of her clothes out of his house, maybe I am interrupting that wrong but just seems like the asshole thing to do.

wonderstar

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
33,794 1,941 1,504
Alleybux
I honestly think there's a conspiracy around her death and I don't think her uncle is the one behind it. Interesting how things are coming out throughout the years. I am suspicious of Hype, maybe he got word something was going to happen or maybe his intuition saved him.

Stilla

Black MALE Font | Posted on Beyonce.com 8/11/23
Reaction score
Reactions
667,996 33,492 13,143
Alleybux
The way Dame was shaking I don't think their conversation involved words!

this was the impression that I got as well.
Hype probably feels guilty as fµck if this really happened the way Dame said.
Not sure of what his reasons were...if they were legit or out of selfishness but I'm sure its eating him up. Wow.
I cant believe we are just getting this info 20 years later.
I'm sure there is so much we still don't know.

diesha28

Danielle Aisha - The Trinidadian Aquarius
Reaction score
Reactions
33,067 1,527 1,462
Alleybux
I honestly think there's a conspiracy around her death and I don't think her uncle is the one behind it. Interesting how things are coming out throughout the years. I am suspicious of Hype, maybe he got word something was going to happen or maybe his intuition saved him.
Yessssss the whole last min take this instead I’ll take the jet meant for you for me the arguing before the plane forcing her to go on bs sh!t has been sketchy who willingly goes on a plane full of 9 others and luggage willingly since I was 4 her death never seemed right to me