Quantcast

Damson Idris Tea/Appreciation Thread

Buttefly0987

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,495 83 2
Alleybux
Damson so damn easy, atp all of y’all that want that gone go get you a taste of that future community bicycle. The fame got him and he thiiiiiiirsty as hell. Like I said he posted up in LA all summer those all y’all that got plugs go do what it do. I’m getting my taste. I’m not coming back and spilling, only in private group.
Damn atleast give us a DR on him lol

Buttefly0987

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,495 83 2
Alleybux
Random—- anybody here familiar with LA? Recommended restaurants for a birthday dinner? Hot night clubs? Hookah spots with liquor?(read somewhere that hookah spots in LA don’t serve liquor). lol if It helps we are group of mid 20s black Women.

Supernova18

It's never that serious.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,278 64 46
Alleybux
Random—- anybody here familiar with LA? Recommended restaurants for a birthday dinner? Hot night clubs? Hookah spots with liquor?(read somewhere that hookah spots in LA don’t serve liquor). lol if It helps we are group of mid 20s black Women.

Restaurants
Bacari W. 3rd
Perch LA (good for brunch and dinner and great views, perfect for a romantic date!)
BOA Steakhouse ($$$)
Catch LA
NOBU Malibu (there’s one in WeHo, but most celebrities go to the one in Malibu, if that’s what you’re looking for)
Fig & Olive
Spago Beverly Hills
208 Rodeo Restaurant (great for people watching!)
Hyde Sunset

Some of these restaurants are frequented by celebrities and some are just nice places with a great vibe.

I don’t really frequent clubs in LA anymore because a lot of them are extremely colorist and biased against Black women. A lot of people perceive me to be mixed (I’m not just lightskinned) so I’ll get in to clubs, but my darker friends won’t and I’m not down with that so I pretty much stopped going. (Also my vibe is more kickbacks and parties with people I actually know instead of standing around watching other people watch me in high heels : unamused:.)

If you and your crew are unambiguously Black then there’s a chance y’all won’t be let in or you’ll wait in line for a long time.

The most poppin clubs to see celebrities (it’s harder to get entry into these clubs if you’re not dressed to impress and/or apart of some famous person’s posse, you gotta come correct if you want to get in any of these)

Boosty Bellows West Hollywood
1oak
Highlight Room
Warwick
Hyde Sunset
Nightingale (THE most racist in my opinion)
Poppy

Clubs/lounges more for regular people

Exchange LA
BLACK Hollywood
Station1640 (I’ve been to several events/parties here and it’s fun if thrown by the right people)
Elevate Lounge (there’s beautiful views of the city here)
The Rooftop at The Standard (beautiful views here as well!)
The Association(My FAVORITE! This is a bar/lounge downtown that is not pretentious at all and is frequented by a lot of Black people! They play old/new school hip-hop, dancehall, Afrobeat and reggaeton! They’re also pretty heavy handed on the drinks as well)

These are all places I’ve either been to or planned on going to before the pandemic. Not sure if they’re all open back to the public now so you’ll have to check! Lmk if you have any more questions! Hope I could help!

LaShaye

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
10,271 211 2
Alleybux
Great list! I know this was an answer to another font and I personally don't plan on traveling to L. A. at least not this summer but this place crossed my mind the other day/night and I was wondering if it was still around/open/popping. Years ago it used to be a spot now that a few of fave [at the time] were spotted hanging out at.

ETA/FYI: A quick Google search shows that the Los Angeles Fig & Olive is permanently closed.

Supernova18

It's never that serious.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,278 64 46
Alleybux
Great list! I know this was an answer to another font and I personally don't plan on traveling to L. A. at least not this summer but this place crossed my mind the other day/night and I was wondering if it was still around/open/popping. Years ago it used to be a spot now that a few of fave [at the time] were spotted hanging out at.

ETA/FYI: A quick Google search shows that the Los Angeles Fig & Olive is permanently closed.

From what I’ve heard people still go to 1oak, but it’s not as poppin as it was in 2015-2016. And yes I looked on google and it’s still open.

Oh wow I didn’t know that, I was just listing places that I knew of.

Buttefly0987

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,495 83 2
Alleybux
Restaurants
Bacari W. 3rd
Perch LA (good for brunch and dinner and great views, perfect for a romantic date!)
BOA Steakhouse ($$$)
Catch LA
NOBU Malibu (there’s one in WeHo, but most celebrities go to the one in Malibu, if that’s what you’re looking for)
Fig & Olive
Spago Beverly Hills
Hyde Sunset

Some of these restaurants are frequented by celebrities and some are just nice places with a great vibe.

I don’t really frequent clubs in LA anymore because a lot of them are extremely colorist and biased against Black women. A lot of people perceive me to be mixed (I’m not just lightskinned) so I’ll get in to clubs, but my darker friends won’t and I’m not down with that so I pretty much stopped going. (Also my vibe is more kickbacks and parties with people I actually know instead of standing around watching other people watch me in high heels : unamused:.)

If you and your crew are unambiguously Black then there’s a chance y’all won’t be let in or you’ll wait in line for a long time.

The most poppin clubs to see celebrities (it’s harder to get entry into these clubs if you’re not dressed to impress and/or apart of some famous person’s posse, you gotta come correct if you want to get in any of these)

1oak
Highlight Room
Warwick
Hyde Sunset
Poppy

Exchange LA
BLACK Hollywood
Station1640 (I’ve been to several events/parties here and it’s fun if thrown by the right people)
The Association(My FAVORITE! This is a bar/lounge downtown that is not pretentious at all and is frequented by a lot of Black people! They play old/new school hip-hop, dancehall, Afrobeat and reggaeton! They’re also pretty heavy handed on the drinks as well)

These are all places I’ve either been to or planned on going to before the pandemic. Not sure if they’re all open back to the public now so you’ll have to check! Lmk if you have any more questions! Hope I could help!
Bless your heart! Thank you so much love.

I’ll definitely have to stick to the places for regular folks because we are definitely caramel or darker lol. Thank you for insight as well! U have no idea how helpful this was :)

LaShaye

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
10,271 211 2
Alleybux
From what I’ve heard people still go to 1oak, but it’s not as poppin as it was in 2015-2016. And yes I looked on google and it’s still open.
Okay...when my faves at the time were spotted hanging out there it was even further back than these dates but spots fall off a little bit all the time. I just got a kick out of you posting this on the list since it randomly crossed my mind a few days ago and I was wondering "if it's still open, still hot?" LOL. So I got my answer...thanks.
Oh wow I didn’t know that, I was just listing places that I knew of.
Yeah probably one of the COVID restaurant fatalities. I knew about Nobu Malibu and the steakhouse and other restaurants you listed but I wanted to google Fig & Olive because that name stood out and I wanted to check out the menu (something I do often for restaurants in cities that I have my future travel list). Seemed like a cute spot too. Oh well.

Last edited:

Buttefly0987

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,495 83 2
Alleybux
Restaurants
Bacari W. 3rd
BOA Steakhouse ($$$)
Catch LA
Fig & Olive
Spago Beverly Hills
Hyde Sunset

1oak
Highlight Room
Warwick
Hyde Sunset
Poppy

Exchange LA
BLACK Hollywood

Quick question. Mastro’s(in malibu) or BOA steakhouse? Both look good

Supernova18

It's never that serious.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,278 64 46
Alleybux
You’re awesome! Thanks again.

And sorry for derailing the thread u guys lol

You’re welcome love! Hope you and your friends enjoy LA! I'm hoping one of these days I run into Damson as well especially since outside is really opening and people are getting vaccinated! :joy::joy:

Boutdamtime

All my life I had to fight
Reaction score
Reactions
5,194 265 146
Alleybux
Him asking to borrow my car while im at work....
1621364367956.png

1621364542023.png

Tyrese Babyboy GIF - Tyrese Babyboy Yvette GIFs

Attachments

• 1621364681767.png
    1621364681767.png
    150.7 KB · Views: 38

Domina

Divine Feminine
Reaction score
Reactions
10,559 148 40
Alleybux
Bout 7 posts on my Instagram about this man hanging out with Drake n 'em last night

tenor.gif

Buttefly0987

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,495 83 2
Alleybux
Bout 7 posts on my Instagram about this man hanging out with Drake n 'em last night

tenor.gif
I hate to see him outside so much Lmaoo especially with Drake. He’s for the streets forreal(of course I want to know what street doe)

honeychild

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
126,232 2,544 778
Alleybux
His ass is really out there living the life. I’m not mad at him. The more events he goes to, the more pics of him we get so it’s a win-win in my book.

Buttefly0987

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,495 83 2
Alleybux
Did anybody catch Damson’s tweet from like 7-8 hours ago? Dang why the hell he keep deleting them

Laurenlikeralph

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
942 13
Alleybux
I don't follow him on Twitter since I don't use Twitter like that but glad you got a screenshot. Some celebs tweet and delete often so screenshots are the only record of said tweets when something comes up later.

I wonder does he know there’s an option for people to receive post notifications for his tweets lol. Most of the time that’s how I catch them.

Not all heroes wear capes. Thank you lmao

Welcome!

LaShaye

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
10,271 211 2
Alleybux
I wonder does he know there’s an option for people to receive post notifications for his tweets lol. Most of the time that’s how I catch them.
Lol. I have post notifications turned on for Instagram (don't do that for everyone) and with Instagram you can download (there use to be a way to download media on Twitter too but I'm not sure about actual tweets).

LaShaye

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
10,271 211 2
Alleybux
A pic to brighten your Friday evening (not enough of the new pics in here):

damsonidris_20210528_2.jpg

Laurenlikeralph

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
942 13
Alleybux
Hmm maybe Ryan Destiny, Lovie Simone, or Coco Jones
Yeah I’ve noticed a decent amount of people would like to see Him and Ryan in a romcom. They actually were on IG live late last year where Damson brought up the idea of them doing a film together lol.

Last edited:

Skamnor2018

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,072 120 32
Alleybux
Yeah I’ve noticed a decent amount of people would like to see Him and Ryan in romcom. They actually were IG live late last year where Damson brought up the idea of them doing a film together lol.

Oh that would be cool. We definitely need more young Black romances of all kinds.

lovelee8

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,077 105 17
Alleybux
Yeah I’ve noticed a decent amount of people would like to see Him and Ryan in romcom. They actually were IG live late last year where Damson brought up the idea of them doing a film together lol.
I actually think he and Lovie would be GREAT opposite each other.

honeychild

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
126,232 2,544 778
Alleybux
Yeah I’ve noticed a decent amount of people would like to see Him and Ryan in a romcom. They actually were on IG live late last year where Damson brought up the idea of them doing a film together lol.
I think him and Ryan would look good in a movie together. How is her acting? I’ve never watched her in anything.

I’m not familiar with the other two girls, I’m going to look them up.

Paradiseplay

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
120,493 4,006 2,418
Alleybux
I really wish he would stop hanging with diddy i dont think he's a perfect guy BUT i hope his outlook on women isnt as sh!tty as diddy & the rest of the crew birds of a feather flock together true but please dont be just like them colorist negroes in Hollywood