Quantcast

Danyelle Suzanne Solie Makes TikTok Skit About Patients “Faking” Pain—BW On Twitter Aren’t Having It

iSaidWhatIsaid

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
443,408 79,210 1,438
Alleybux
Nurse Makes A Skit About Patients “Faking”…Black Women Let Her Have It

By Veronica Wells

November 22, 2019

HKCREho.jpg

There are several reasons why Black women die at higher rates than any other race around the time they give birth. We are more susceptible to certain diseases, have discrepancies in our access to health care, etc. But one of the reasons that keeps coming up is the fact that when Black women express their pain and discomfort in the hospital, they are often not believed or their issues aren’t taken seriously.

It’s literally a matter of life and death. But for one reason, one nurse thought it was a laughing matter and posted a skit about it on Tik Tok.

It was tone deaf and insensitive. It also quite unprofessional filming videos for the internet in your scrubs around all of the hospital equipment.

If this woman thought the video was going to garner nothing by laughter, she thought wrong. There are Black women, mothers and other women who had experienced mistreatment in the healthcare system who were quick to let this nurse know that this little skit was not funny in the slightest.

See what they had to say on the following pages.

IWzKS87.jpg

hDtirL2.jpg

7dx3kl3.jpg

9EN4jc6.jpg

gffOkA9.jpg

tDy3kGS.jpg

Her response to the backslash:

uZjnUYu.jpg

QQpacXL.jpg

1934ZLG.jpg

xV3JPoX.jpg

IIVuirw.jpg

bruhbruh

Pragmatist Progressive. Team Establishment. Always
Reaction score
Reactions
443,540 44,879 16,449
Alleybux
Didn't see anyone.post this so merge if it has

On Twitter, a lady who claims is a nurse says "We know when y’all are faking" and posts a tiktok of her dancing to a "patient" faking chest pains/shortness of breath.

The video gathered all types of responses.

Fellow nurses/doctors agree they can tell when a patient is "faking" it while the public is furious at this behavior.

Viral tweets calling out the girl for the insensitive video with facts about Black Women dying since healthcare professionals dismiss their medical conditions.

Some tweets:__

aye you know what’s not funny, how I went to an ER & the nurses thought I was faking or on drugs - turns out I had advanced stage leukemia. & that’s the common reality of Black patients in medical institutions, we esp not taken seriously. youre corny as hell for this.

Black women are literally dying because health care professionals believe we’re faking.

Please fire her so she’s away from patients and can become the fulltime IG comedian/model/influencer she deeply longs to be.

No y’all don’t, that’s why Black women always dying in these hospitals.

The backlash has been so big that a hashtag is currently trending on Twitter relating to the video.

#PatientsAreNotFaking

That video of the nurse dancing not believing patients has stirred up a lot of trauma for many in the disabled community and BIPOC communities.

People get killed because of that mentality. You did a whole video to tell us you’re bad at your job.

#PatientsAreNotFaking

RZSB5519

A Queen and a Goddess
Reaction score
Reactions
3,526 67 48
Alleybux
So her being part Black makes her posting this trash excusable and we're just suppose to laugh with her?

No sis it was tacky, tasteless and disrespectful as hell and you should be ashamed of herself.

I pray her child never gets sick and encounters a nurse like her who thinks she's "faking it".

bruhbruh

Pragmatist Progressive. Team Establishment. Always
Reaction score
Reactions
443,540 44,879 16,449
Alleybux
Seeing the responses from soo many people that medical professionals have dismissed health concerns is frightening..

The day my mom died she told her doctor about chest pains she was having, the doctor told her it was probably allergies and to take an Advil when she got home... Died of a heart attack on her way her way home.

MaterialMeg

Materials and serials, b*tch
Reaction score
Reactions
11,247 373 148
Alleybux
My mother, sister, and myself. Have gone through this ,and continue to go through this.

Disgusting, the hospital she works for needs to deal with her.
I really don't like/trust most nurses.

WishFish

Fishing for Wishes
Reaction score
Reactions
11,287 163 22
Alleybux
She should be fired for having too much time on her hand because she had to change her clothes and set up the camera

prolly a patient next door wondering where the fµck their nurse

and some people just shouldn’t be in the health profession and nurses and doctors need to stop diminishing black women’s symptoms

Baby Briella

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
72,684 790 181
Alleybux
The girl who said that all of the mean people in high school became nurses wasn't lying. Nearly every girl I knew in HS with a stank ass personality wanted to be a nurse.

Whori Grimes

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
63,996 1,131 132
Alleybux
She's disgusting. Her attitude is scary.
This is part of the reason black women are going into the hospitals to do what women have been doing since the beginning of time and yet they are still dying soon after.
Even though she is referring to labor, black women are also expressing their postpartum discomfort and pains, being brushed off, and dying unnecessary deaths.
At best they are missing their window for pain medication and having their babies without it.
Unless you are sitting up on someone's uterus your gotdamn self how would you know they are faking??
She needs to be dealt with.
This just triggered tf out of me.

yung.bae

♡♡♡
Reaction score
Reactions
239,802 8,269 1,121
Alleybux
This honestly confirms the racist bias a lot of non-black nurses and doctors have when seeing black patients.

Knowing how expensive medical care is, why would someone waste their own time and resources faking symptoms??

This just shows people need to remember these medical professionals are just job titles. They're not automatically "good" people just because they have access to medication and know how to perform surgery.

Trancer

The Sorcerer Supreme. Just chillin'.
Reaction score
Reactions
199,416 5,265 188
Alleybux
So she is doubling down. And part of her defense is that she is part black and that she has gotten in trouble before for posting something "racist" on Vine?

Whew chile......
What hospital is she at? I wonder if they are going to start getting calls and have to ditch her. She's really making them look bad.

josie831

KK Slider
Reaction score
Reactions
2,390 15 2
Alleybux
These are the type of people becoming nurses and doctors??
I thought yall wanted to help people not make tik tok videos making fun of patients who might actually be suffering from an illness/ailment.

My dad is a surgical tech and never once has he talked about medical people "knowing" when people are faking.
The only thing they talk about is how drug addicts repeatedly come into the hospital trying to get prescription drugs to abuse and they can spot the symptoms and know them because of their chart..

Does her HR know about this video? This isn't even appropriate to post about your workplace... :cautious:

SpoiltYam

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
832 23 1
Alleybux
We know many patients over exaggerate Their symptoms to be taken seriously or to receive their preferred treatment.
However we also know that many people die due to healthcare providers not believing patients. It’s not a coincidence that the majority are black.

In my personal opinion..
Making a video joking about it is
Wrong. Being a nurse, she should know better. Anyone not offended has not been directly affected by the issue.

I watched a mother of 7 die whilst
Giving birth to her 8th child because they didn’t believe her when she said she was asthmatic.

It’s hard to watch a healthcare professional joke about it IMO.

Cetaphil

"I don't feel no ways."
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Now, I understand how distasteful this was, but I work as an RN. A lot of people who are on drugs or who have Munchausen syndrome will come into the hospital & we're required to treat them. These people usually come in because they think they can get drugs or for attention & it takes up time for us to treat people who are actually dealing with something/actually sick.

We HAVE to treat individuals who come in & are clearly faking stuff, because that's protocol; if we don't the hospital can get sued/we can lose our licenses. I've always treated other Black people that come into hospitals with upmost care because I know what its like to have to deal with obviously racist healthcare providers & it's part of the reason I got into this field in the first place.

However, when it comes to KNOWING when somebody is faking just to get some pain medication or self-injures themselves (yes, people have self-injured themselves to get opioids), we can't help but be skeptical & I'm sure she made this video with this in mind.

It takes actually working in a hospital/health facility environment to know this, but I do understand & get the outrage if I didn't work in the environment I did & you guys have every right to be upset because this is just downright foul & disrespectful. She needs to be penalized for this.

Black people have it too hard in every aspect of life.

EDIT: I don't know why you groaned me, but if you got an issue with what I said, say it loud.

EDIT 2: Groan all you want, its clear you're not understanding what I'm saying or where I'm coming from at all.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
93,007 1,244 855
Alleybux
Nurse Makes A Skit About Patients “Faking”…Black Women Let Her Have It

By Veronica Wells

November 22, 2019

HKCREho.jpg

There are several reasons why Black women die at higher rates than any other race around the time they give birth. We are more susceptible to certain diseases, have discrepancies in our access to health care, etc. But one of the reasons that keeps coming up is the fact that when Black women express their pain and discomfort in the hospital, they are often not believed or their issues aren’t taken seriously.

It’s literally a matter of life and death. But for one reason, one nurse thought it was a laughing matter and posted a skit about it on Tik Tok.

It was tone deaf and insensitive. It also quite unprofessional filming videos for the internet in your scrubs around all of the hospital equipment.

If this woman thought the video was going to garner nothing by laughter, she thought wrong. There are Black women, mothers and other women who had experienced mistreatment in the healthcare system who were quick to let this nurse know that this little skit was not funny in the slightest.

See what they had to say on the following pages.

IWzKS87.jpg

hDtirL2.jpg

7dx3kl3.jpg

9EN4jc6.jpg

gffOkA9.jpg

tDy3kGS.jpg

Her response to the backslash:

uZjnUYu.jpg

QQpacXL.jpg

1934ZLG.jpg

xV3JPoX.jpg

IIVuirw.jpg

Dummy is gonna lose her job and license.

Mary620

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
43,941 774 187
Alleybux
Good. There are people in the comments saying we’re too sensitive but I don’t find this funny at all. There are too many black people being misdiagnosed and dying in healthcare facilities.

I remember being 12 complaining about my throat hurting. My mom took me to the ER and the nurse said she thought I was just trying to get out of going to school. Turns out I had Scarlett fever.

Last edited:

Ripadh

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,309 1,641 1,556
Alleybux
I feel like nurses are just trash people. They are usually hoes, backbiters, gossipy, jealous, dishonest, thieving. Like doctors without the same money and social prestige. And then they walk around acting like they are the most special people on the world and everyone else plays into that lie. Hated it.

Cetaphil

"I don't feel no ways."
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Let's get her fired.

Agreed.

She definitely should've known better to do this sh!t. Too many people join the healthcare field & don't have their wits about them or they lack compassion. This is why the nursing field is being seen & looked at as a joke.

evil_sandy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,718 436 636
Alleybux
As a professional, you should understand how to present yourself to the public. Every field has someone trying to manipulate it but most people are honest actors.

Why make the majority mad just to poke at the few? And I'm fairly certain protocol is to provide pain medication when asked, unless there's prior encounters that confirms drug abuse.

SoyTres

Medium Risk Offender - Monthly Monitoring Required
Reaction score
Reactions
205,858 8,387 2,787
Alleybux
Yeah...I remember going into the hospital bleeding/fainting spells...and the white doctor in the emergency room was about to send me home for a heavy period.

*1 ultra tampon AND 1 overnight pad soaked completely within an hour for 2 days straight, y'all. I could barely stand by the time I went to the ER*

"Black women have fibroids that cause heavy bleeding. Take Tylenol, Goodbye."

The white nurses were just as dismissive as well as if I was fainting for attention.

But the black HEAD doctor of the emergency room, took another look bc she said I looked gray (not brown)...found that I needed to be immediately admitted bc I had lost too much blood as I was hemorrhaging. That was why I was fainting. I had to have a D&C with blood transfusions. The results of the procedure came back as cancer.

If she had not taken a second look, I could have actually died bc A) I was losing too much blood and B) I would have never went back to see if cancer was the cause...it just would have spread bc I would have attributed it to a heavy cycle that required 24 tampons a day.

She pretty much saved my life.

Last edited:

Jazz348

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
1,296 3 2
Alleybux
She should be reported to the state's nursing board. This video illustrates that she cannot be trusted with peoples' lives.

Out2Lunch215

I'm not chocolate; I'm chestnut brown
Reaction score
Reactions
115,169 5,211 4,713
Alleybux
This is so unprofessional. I have questions about her management. Do they share her views? Why did she feel comfortable doing this?

Out2Lunch215

I'm not chocolate; I'm chestnut brown
Reaction score
Reactions
115,169 5,211 4,713
Alleybux
People do fake pain all the time ... I can tell you that as an ED resident but this is insensitive all the same . Especially when it comes to the topic of pregnant women . The maternal mortality rate of black women is 3x higher than WW . It’s not a joke.

How do you know people are faking?

News Alley

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom