Quantcast

**Darnell was a terrible husband to Mya**

pisces18

1 Pisces=1000 Associates
Reaction score
Reactions
26,645 1,319 277
Alleybux
Really I always felt Joan was selfish but always wanted to seem like the person “always there for someone” to make her self feel better for her selfish ways

What???!!!! Lmao no Joan didn’t have a BACKBONE so she let them walk all over her and then would snap.

All of those girls stayed at her house during their drama lol especially Lynn.... even William when his wedding flopped lol

Ms. A

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
70,292 918 310
Alleybux
I couldn't stand his ass. Hated his character....he had the worst attitude and was a terrible husband to Mya.

She wasn't perfect, but he was a loser.

teecoilee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,478 1,341 669
Alleybux
I think they may have added it to Netflix, because some N bombs were dropped and I don't remember them ever saying that stuff when it was on air.
That episode I remember distinctly when it aired they were playing H to the Izzo by Jay-Z. I’m wondering if they couldn’t get clearance for Netflix or something?

ReadingUp

Real ass rich ass chick from da souf
Reaction score
Reactions
7,732 76 30
Alleybux
He really was a bad husband. He was also a bad husband to be when he left old girl at the alter to remarry Maya.

I never noticed how the second Darnell swiveled his neck like a b!tch a little too much.

I definitely disliked when he cursed Joan out, but then later all he would say is “we good?”

He gaslit the heck out of Maya when Joan saw him being fed strawberries by Cecily. There’s no Innocent excuse a husband can give for why another woman who’s not his wife or possibly his mama was feeding him.

ReadingUp

Real ass rich ass chick from da souf
Reaction score
Reactions
7,732 76 30
Alleybux
They never explained why he disappeared. Out of all the men Joan dated, she had the best connection with Davis, they were pretty compatible too. He was successful, good looking and he really liked her.

The writers were set on making Joan single and unhappy with her love life until the last minute.

I think season 4 episode 13 kind of gave an explanation when she ran into Davis at the movies. 847 closed down, so I guess that was supposed to be why they started hanging out elsewhere and no longer saw him.

Contemporary

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
234,616 4,240 1,018
Alleybux
Really? What season was that one?

Season 0 Episode -18

He really was a bad husband. He was also a bad husband to be when he left old girl at the alter to remarry Maya.

I never noticed how the second Darnell swiveled his neck like a b!tch a little too much.

I definitely disliked when he cursed Joan out, but then later all he would say is “we good?”

He gaslit the heck out of Maya when Joan saw him being fed strawberries by Cecily. There’s no Innocent excuse a husband can give for why another woman who’s not his wife or possibly his mama was feeding him.

When Lena was with some other dude down to the Blu Bar, she admitted that she was having the same communication issues with Darnell that Maya used to have.

Everything that went wrong in both relationships was Darnell's fault. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it! :arrogant

ApoloniaGlo

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,641 242 107
Alleybux
Watching Girlfriends now and I just realized Darnell made Maya leave when they broke up! Wtf! She had Jabari most of the time so technically he was kicking them both out. He was such a dick. Plus he had the nerve to sleep with her and still not let her come home. I’m getting mad just thinking about it!

timbt

still sippin'
Reaction score
Reactions
36,270 825 223
Alleybux
Yes, he was annoying. When he didn't show at the hospital for her fibroids AND then was trying to have xes a few weeks afterwards. Idc he was trifling and did dirt before the Stan situationship.

And they got rid of Davis because Sean was jealous and Joan wanted the relationship to work. I thought they'd bring him back, but guess they moved on lol. I don't think they'd let that dynamic have a happy ending anyway. Davis would have went broke or would have cheated with someone at the restaurant or Joan would be afraid of karma cause she creeped with him while he had a fiancee.

Last edited:

LotusQueen2017

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
37,715 1,335 1,463
Alleybux
Really I always felt Joan was selfish but always wanted to seem like the person “always there for someone” to make her self feel better for her selfish ways
Tracee Ellis Ross is an AMAZING actress and she acted the fµck out that role. She really displayed the complexities of Joan. Joan is a classic case of what happens when you do everything other people expect you to do which in turn only causes you to lose it and become jealous of everyone else who decides to live their life on their terms. A lot people do that. Joan never wanted to go to law school and she never wanted to be a lawyer. She only did it because everyone else thought she should. She then would use dating etc as a way to control the narrative in her life. All of these strict rules about xes and marriage and all of these ideals about what a perfect life should be like were all apart of her way to control something of her own. Joan suffers from delayed responses too. She should’ve cut Toni off after college and moved on but probably stuck around because everyone thought she should. Real life friendships don’t last that long and if they do people are only dredging them along because they don’t want to be alone. You are not the same person you were at 10 years old. But she sucked it up and dealt with it. Fast forward and all of her resentment for Toni came spilling out around her wedding etc. also Joans an over giver and when over givers finally stick up for themselves it always seems “delayed” and comes out at weird times.. Toni has always been extremely harsh with Joan but always expected to be understood and given grace for being an insufferable grandiose narcissist. I think Joan has a good heart but she wasn’t taking care of herself and attending to her own needs. always what everyone else thought she needed to do.

Purpleleo05

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
693 96 2
Alleybux
She was so selfish and made everything about her! The same could be said about Toni but the difference is Toni always owned who she was unlike Joan.

Bux Heaux

Sprinkle Sprinkle
Reaction score
Reactions
289,114 13,951 8,692
Alleybux
But I couldn’t stand how maya would brag about “ you must be talking about these .... I got a man”

Like your man isn’t sh!t.

Toni didn’t want to settle
Joan wouldn’t put up with as much as maya did ( even though she had bird ways too)
Lyn could easily get any man but wouldn’t settle either

Blueivysauntie

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,494 1,037 908
Alleybux
But I couldn’t stand how maya would brag about “ you must be talking about these .... I got a man”

Like your man isn’t sh!t.

Toni didn’t want to settle
Joan wouldn’t put up with as much as maya did ( even though she had bird ways too)
Lyn could easily get any man but wouldn’t settle either
Toni ended up settling tho lol

SheIsAPisces

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,604 303 134
Alleybux
Wow, I don't even remember this episode.

I remember Darnell hitting Maya in their bedroom, then Maya at Joan's house trying to make excuses for him.

Were episodes removed or am I trippin? :ROFLMAO:
Sometimes when you watch episodes once,they never reair it again.They like to show the same 20 reruns over and over again per season when shows record over 100 episodes per season.It's alot of Martin,Fresh prince,Moesha etc episodes and alot of other shows that alot of us never seen before because we were young when it aired.

Last edited:

FortunaPlus

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
228,536 10,248 4,921
Alleybux
I cross refrenced IMDB with Netflix and both have season 1 and season 2 as having 22 episodes. So if there was an abuse episode its been thoroughly scrubbed.

FortunaPlus

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
228,536 10,248 4,921
Alleybux
I wonder why they got rid of him and 847 to exchange for that cramped ass Japanese restaurant.

The guy she was dating, I think it was xes addict Sean, told her he never wanted her to go there again and even though he went to NYC and they broke up as soon as he got back she literally never went again. I was confused by that.

Tracee Ellis Ross is an AMAZING actress and she acted the fµck out that role.

Let me stop you right there.. Tracee was acting as herself.

I think they only did that because she was trying to leave the show lmao

Yea, they had Toni crash and burn in such an epic way. It was reminisent of Kim Catrall on SATC... It made me wonder whose cheerios she pissed in because they wrote her into a loser.

Sometimes when you watch episodes once,they never reair it again.They like to show the same 20 reruns over and over again per season when shows record over 100 episodes per season.It's alot of Martin,Fresh prince,Moesha etc episodes and alot of other shows that alot of us never seen before because we were young when it aired.

No show has a season with 100 episodes. tf.. They usually go to 24 at the high end and 8 at the low end.

Last edited:

SheIsAPisces

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,604 303 134
Alleybux
The guy she was dating, I think it was xes addict Sean, told her he never wanted her to go there again and even though he went to NYC and they broke up as soon as he got back she literally never went again. I was confused by that.

Let me stop you right there.. Tracee was acting as herself.

Yea, they had Toni crash and burn in such an epic way. It was reminisent of Kim Catrall on SATC... It made me wonder whose cheerios she pissed in because they wrote her into a loser.

No show has a season with 100 episodes. tf.. They usually go to 24 at the high end and 8 at the low end.
Nah really,didn't I say they choose the 20 something episodes to keep.You don't really think the episodes we see are the only episodes they recorded do you?

FortunaPlus

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
228,536 10,248 4,921
Alleybux
Nah really,didn't I say they choose the 20 something episodes to keep.You don't really think the episodes we see are the only episodes they recorded do you?

They don't record 100 episodes for a season and only pick 22... It's a tv show, not an album.

The season is written to the amount of episodes the network has ordered. They're not just recording random episodes.

YANAS

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
100,845 2,130 227
Alleybux

What made her selfish to you?

I feel like Joan was a people pleaser & when she finally stopped people pleasing, everyone was mad. Toni was a horrible friend, wife, and mother. Toni trying to sleep with Sean was horrible especially the reasoning behind why.

Bux Heaux

Sprinkle Sprinkle
Reaction score
Reactions
289,114 13,951 8,692
Alleybux
What made her selfish to you?

I feel like Joan was a people pleaser & when she finally stopped people pleasing, everyone was mad. Toni was a horrible friend, wife, and mother. Toni trying to sleep with Sean was horrible especially the reasoning behind why.

Idk. Like I agree that she was a “people pleaser” but I felt she only did that to make her self look good. To make it look like SHE the good friend in reality to me she was as selfish as Toni. Joan always compared her self to other and always had to out do others. She wouldnt say it to people Face like Toni but she would tell others etc. she does things to save face

YANAS

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
100,845 2,130 227
Alleybux
Idk. Like I agree that she was a “people pleaser” but I felt she only did that to make her self look good. To make it look like SHE the good friend in reality to me she was as selfish as Toni. Joan always compared her self to other and always had to out do others. She wouldnt say it to people Face like Toni but she would tell others etc. she does things to save face

I guess I can see that. Some of her actions weren’t out of the goodness of her heart but just so she could be seen as a good person. I see Tracee being Joan in real life which is why she nailed the part. Look how she controlled this interview and over spoke the other women.

Toni was a straight b!tch in my opinion, I didn’t see any redeeming qualities in character or friendship, lol. No loyalty but to the green.

William was probably the best friend on the show, lol.

Bux Heaux

Sprinkle Sprinkle
Reaction score
Reactions
289,114 13,951 8,692
Alleybux
I guess I can see that. Some of her actions weren’t out of the goodness of her heart but just so she could be seen as a good person. I see Tracee being Joan in real life which is why she nailed the part. Look how she controlled this interview and over spoke the other women.

Toni was a straight b!tch in my opinion, I didn’t see any redeeming qualities in character or friendship, lol. No loyalty but to the green.

William was probably the best friend on the show, lol.

Lmao I’m a Toni Stan. The only person I think Toni treated awful was Tod

I wish UGh what’s her name. The girl that Williams Married and had a kid with and Toni were together. I can see them getting along very well

My pet peeve as well was Joan playing a black woman....... like you couldn’t find a real black woman or give her lyn part ...

YANAS

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
100,845 2,130 227
Alleybux
Lmao I’m a Toni Stan. The only person I think Toni treated awful was Tod

I wish UGh what’s her name. The girl that Williams Married and had a kid with and Toni were together. I can see them getting along very well

My pet peeve as well was Joan playing a black woman....... like you couldn’t find a real black woman or give her lyn part ...

Toni was a b!tch to me. When she tried sleeping with Joan’s
man I just was taken aback lol. She was so pretty to me which I guess saved her, lol. She’s still so beautiful to me now.

I feel the same way about Tracee being casted as all black but Persia as the tragic mulatto. In the interview I linked, Tracee stated she’s a black woman but mixed which doesn’t make sense to me. She probably wouldn’t have wanted to play biracial then. I see all of them being close to what they played aside from Toni. Persia had difficulty with being biracial in real life, I see Jill as keeping it real but more tame that her character, and Tracee as the controlling neurotic goofy one.

William’s wife name was Monica.

Bux Heaux

Sprinkle Sprinkle
Reaction score
Reactions
289,114 13,951 8,692
Alleybux
man I just was taken aback lol. She was so pretty to me which I guess saved her, lol. She’s still so beautiful to me now.

I feel the same way about Tracee being casted as all black but Persia as the tragic mulatto. In the interview I linked, Tracee stated she’s a black woman but mixed which doesn’t make sense to me. She probably wouldn’t have wanted to play biracial then. I see all of them being close to what they played aside from Toni. Persia had difficulty with being biracial in real life, I see Jill as keeping it real but more tame that her character, and Tracee as the controlling neurotic goofy one.

Lmao I forgot the reason why Toni tried to do that.

Yes I think Monica and Toni would of gotten along. Tracee probably that type to like being black when it “suits her the best” and bi -racial when it “suits her the best” ... I’m not shocked Persia did. At first I thought her tattoo were fake sheesh ...

YANAS

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
100,845 2,130 227
Alleybux
Lmao I forgot the reason why Toni tried to do that.

Yes I think Monica and Toni would of gotten along. Tracee probably that type to like being black when it “suits her the best” and bi -racial when it “suits her the best” ... I’m not shocked Persia did. At first I thought her tattoo were fake sheesh ...

Joan inadvertently told Greg about Toni’s engagement to Clay.

Persia always seemed like the wild card in the show and in real life seems the same. They don’t seem as chummy with her but I may need to watch more interviews to see their dynamics.

Bux Heaux

Sprinkle Sprinkle
Reaction score
Reactions
289,114 13,951 8,692
Alleybux
Joan inadvertently told Greg about Toni’s engagement to Clay.

Persia always seemed like the wild card in the show and in real life seems the same. They don’t seem as chummy with her but I may need to watch more interviews to see their dynamics.

I always felt like Persia character could
Of easily been left out and nobody would even notice. Especially since she didn’t grow that much in the show either. Like I wish they made her a baddie that was thot or something rather than a Hippie thot ...

Oh yeah ! That’s the reason lol, Toni was so petty but I understood. If you were going to mess up Toni relationship don’t be mad if she does it back

Kanethia

Cornrow Clique
Reaction score
Reactions
422,105 13,104 1,902
Alleybux
He became trash to me when he was super against her going back to school....I wasn't fµck!ng with that. No man should stop his wife from progressing and bettering herself, that was some hating ass sh!t. He didn't want her to be doing better than him.

Then when she had just had surgery and he was trying to bully her into having xes with him....just EW. He was so insensitive towards her. I was happy when they ended up divorcing and annoyed when they got back together.

Bux Heaux

Sprinkle Sprinkle
Reaction score
Reactions
289,114 13,951 8,692
Alleybux
He became trash to me when he was super against her going back to school....I wasn't fµck!ng with that. No man should stop his wife from progressing and bettering herself, that was some hating ass sh!t. He didn't want her to be doing better than him.

Then when she had just had surgery and he was trying to bully her into having xes with him....just EW. He was so insensitive towards her. I was happy when they ended up divorcing and annoyed when they got back together.

I think even before that just how rude he was Joan because Joan was doing better than him and had nerve to act like having a man is a accomplishment....

Kanethia

Cornrow Clique
Reaction score
Reactions
422,105 13,104 1,902
Alleybux
I think even before that just how rude he was Joan because Joan was doing better than him and had nerve to act like having a man is a accomplishment....
He gave me small dick energy...he couldn't stand when a woman was doing better than him. Mya was an alpha female and you could see how he tried to reel that in on multiple occasions. He also found a way to dim those women's lights with his b!tch ass.

Bux Heaux

Sprinkle Sprinkle
Reaction score
Reactions
289,114 13,951 8,692
Alleybux
He gave me small dick energy...he couldn't stand when a woman was doing better than him. Mya was an alpha female and you could see how he tried to reel that in on multiple occasions. He also found a way to dim those women's lights with his b!tch ass.

I don’t think maya was always a “alpha”. Darnell mentioned serval times “Oh you are acting different after you met those girls”

And you remember the episode where maya side man bought her a watch and maya blamed it on Joan. When Darnell attended that party and yelled at Joan and told maya to “come on” she ran right after him like a puppy. I was like tf

Even though I don’t care for Joan, joan would tell her man to “stop talking to my friends like that” real quick

Deddydondada

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,966 401 101
Alleybux
Wow, I don't even remember this episode.

I remember Darnell hitting Maya in their bedroom, then Maya at Joan's house trying to make excuses for him.

Were episodes removed or am I trippin? :ROFLMAO:

you’re partially trippen sis the scene you’re describing is maya’s neighbor. she befriended her bc they were the only black folk in the neighborhood. she would hear yelling and screaming and then invited her to shop and tried to pry into her life and saw bruises. they caught them in a fight and her face was bruised she was making excuses for him then she came over later that night wanting help. the husband was cole from martin.

Looking back, yes, he had some issues. He never seemed happy. Hated her friends and resented them, especially Joan. He usually seemed ready to whip her and her friends asses. In reality, Mya would be an abused woman who quit her job and had no friends bc Darnell didn't trust her. She might be able to hang with her gay cousin, but that's it.

i doubt he would have let her you know how men like darnell are homophobic lmao. on the episode where maya’s mama moved away and she was trying to work out childcare for jabari darnell didn’t want jabari at roni’s shop lol.

He cussed Joan out because he thought she bought her the watch and ranted about how she thought he couldn't afford it. Little Dick Energy.

yessssss he exudes lil dick energy lmao

Agreed about Darnell.

Off subject, I thought Davis was so fine.I always wished I could see more of him with his smooth,undercover,freak nasty self.

i wish joan would have ended up with him or brock!!!! i hate how the one man to wife joan up was a broke teacher who had to go to war lmao

I couldn't get over the episode when Mya had her surgery and Darnell was persistent on her sleeping with him. She told him that she wasn't ready and he was about to sleep on the damn couch since he couldn't get any smh!

I would've left after that.

omg me either and he couldn’t even take off a day or so to stand by his wife’s side!!! then wanna get some coochie after not being there for her smh.

Gina Payne

Arrivederci LSA. It's been real <3
Reaction score
Reactions
56,476 1,795 1,289
Alleybux

That's true. And did u know, Tracee and Persia said in an old interview that they didn't like the episode where Lynn's w.igger sister came to town? They both said they didn't think the lines written for them sounded like what black women would've said to Lynn's sister. Because the writers were white etc. I liked it,but I got what they were saying.