Quantcast

Dating

High Horse

Wit Suga Zaddy Bezos
Reaction score
Reactions
112,111 5,516 2,126
Alleybux
Have you found someone that is an atheist too? 99.999% of black men(and women) are religious, even the ain’t sh!t one’s. I remember Katt* Williams crack head ass was ragging on this girl because she was atheist. Stevie Harvey’s cheating, non-funny self said he can’t even talk to an atheist because we have no “moral barometer”. Is a non-black partner our only hope?

Last edited:

ZeeZeeblue

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
350,351 16,547 14,652
Alleybux
I'm not religious. I'd date a guy who is religious if he was able to keep his religion to himself. And if he was not a fanatic. If he tried to make me get saved or go to Church the relationship wouldn't work.

bellpepper

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
157,254 4,625 954
Alleybux
I'm a Christian and I know a good number of good black guys who are agnostic, which is why I don't date them. They're definitely out there.

QuiggtyQuack

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
71 1
Alleybux
Not necessarily.

The amount of Black people who would tolerate someone with a nontheistic stance or any other nontraditional religious perspective, while less than their White or Hispanic counterparts, outnumber the very small group of Black atheists and agnostics; I'm counting mixed people as Black for the sake of simplicity. Furthermore, and though I am one for having perceptions that can vex the blackity black types, I am not sure how even the average black person would respond.

Cheesycorn

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
266 1 3
Alleybux
I’m agnostic but don’t date. Idk if I could be w someone religious but maybe if they didn’t put their religion in my face

ajackson17

Da Yung Imhotep rappin Py
Reaction score
Reactions
5,658 529 946
Alleybux
I'm an atheist in a long term relationship with an agonstic black woman. They are definitely are out there, you just have to be open and look.

lovelylavish

Don't take it personal...
Reaction score
Reactions
16,949 1,206 614
Alleybux
I’d suggest dating out. But I suggest that to any woman not to limit herself to only black men. I am open to dating a Christian as long as he’s not super religion or tries to force his beliefs on me or guilt me into going to church.

JesseObama

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
66,911 7,136 10,667
Alleybux
While I would prefer an Atheist Black woman, I wouldn't judge someone else for making a choice to date IR. As a BM living in the south it can be a struggle to be sure
I remember meeting a woman who a tremendous woman. However she starts to tell me a story and I knew that it wouldn't work.

I Love Meth

Jesus Doesn’t Love You & Neither Does Mommy
Reaction score
Reactions
25,563 1,545 637
Alleybux
Nope. I only ever attract religious types be they Christian, Jewish, or Muslim. I’ve never had the pleasure of meeting or dating a man who was an atheist. I am a hardcore atheist and a proponent of all things science so this is very unfortunate for me. I especially hate Christianity and God. I don’t want to hear about how much you love Jesus or that God has a plan for “us”. FOH.

Indiegox

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,482 360 55
Alleybux
I've never met a Black atheist/agnostic man outside of my own family. Every man I've dated used God or religion as their moral compass. The crazy part is a lot of them were liars, perverts, and cheats. Yet they'd describe me as being "dark" or "in a dark place" for not believing in God although I'm I good person.

ajackson17

Da Yung Imhotep rappin Py
Reaction score
Reactions
5,658 529 946
Alleybux
I've never met a Black atheist/agnostic man outside of my own family. Every man I've dated used God or religion as their moral compass. The crazy part is a lot of them were liars, perverts, and cheats. Yet they'd describe me as being "dark" or "in a dark place" for not believing in God although I'm I good person.

Usually sh!tty people hide under religious idealogies when they don't measure half way up.

Luna_Tic

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,275 10,627 827
Alleybux
Have you found someone that is an atheist too? 99.999% of black men(and women) are religious, even the ain’t sh!t one’s. I remember Katt* Williams crack head ass was ragging on this girl because she was atheist. Stevie Harvey’s cheating, non-funny self said he can’t even talk to an atheist because we have no “moral barometer”. Is a non-black partner our only hope?

Not very hard here since more than half of the people here are irreligious/atheists, this includes BM. Sure, more non black people are irreligious and i'm fine with dating them but enough black men have no religion over here either.

Metaphysique

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
41,065 696 303
Alleybux
Late to this thread. I exclusively dated fellow nontheists and also deists and the like. This meant my dating pool was significantly reduced due to this requirement. If nontheists only represent 6% of the U.S. population, one’s dating pool will obviously be impacted, and even more so depending on the region. For that reason, the absolute vast majority of my dating pool was mostly white men and some Asian men here and there. I went on dates with only a handful of Black or biracial-Black men who identified as nontheist. They’re just not represented in the demographics in any tangible numbers. I have come across a decent number of nontheist Black women and men online (not in dating spaces), but again, that’s on a specific platform and not representative of dating pool demographics.

I also had other very strict criteria that greatly narrowed my dating pool. My husband is white and all of my previous serious exes are white as well. I met them online. It was the most convenient and efficient way to meet men who were likeminded in the areas I deemed important for overall compatibility. My husband’s profile immediately caught my attention (aside from the fact we had a 99% match rating), and we exchanged a couple messages before we moved to IM chat and one of the first questions he asked was why I listed “agnostic“ vs. “atheist,” and I explained Huxley’s definition of agnosticism being an epistemological position and that I identified as a relative atheist and agnostic pan/deist. He scored major brownie points for going straight in with the nitty-gritty.

I wasn’t interested in dating religious types, even the “tolerant” types, because we would have vastly different ideas about how to navigate our life and raise our kids. I tried dating a new age-y “spiritual not religious” type and that did not go well. He was too superstitious, a conspiracy theorist, and still believed aspects of his former faith that he hadn’t let go and it clouded his thinking.

Abstract Poetic

RudeKid
Reaction score
Reactions
55,539 1,033 669
Alleybux
Girl some of those so called Christian black men can be so damn extra and hypocritical. Have you ever noticed how they always want a “God fearing” woman? Smh. They kill me with that sh!t.

Sophia2000

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
24,662 10,396 14,222
Alleybux
Nope. I only ever attract religious types be they Christian, Jewish, or Muslim. I’ve never had the pleasure of meeting or dating a man who was an atheist. I am a hardcore atheist and a proponent of all things science so this is very unfortunate for me. I especially hate Christianity and God. I don’t want to hear about how much you love Jesus or that God has a plan for “us”. FOH.
you only believe in things that western science has proof of?

Sophia2000

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
24,662 10,396 14,222
Alleybux
It is a very dark place to not believe that your life has no purpose and meaning. We just a clump of cells passing time by that have no value.

Indiegox

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,482 360 55
Alleybux
It is a very dark place to not believe that your life has no purpose and meaning. We just a clump of cells passing time by that have no value.
I never said that I believe that my life has no purpose. That's your perception.