Quantcast

NFL Gossip Daughter of former NFL player Keyshawn Johnson passes away

ConvoPeace

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,479 495 171
Alleybux
I'm noticing lately that people arent saying a cause of death anymore. Like with the Troop member who passed recently. We give prayers and condolences but its natural to want to know why someone is gone. Why leave all these questions if we don't deserve to know. Just grieve privately. Part of grieving is knowing what happened.

I'm a private person so I understand. My mother could pass and there wouldn't be one Facebook post. But im also the type to tell you what happened if I felt it important enough to share the news in the first place.

Just something I noticed. Fans are left wondering what happened. Ppl ask in the comments and no one responds. Just no closure.

I believe in privacy as well. Sometimes it’s perfectly ok to wait to give an announcement. I will never understand the urge to take everything to social media so suddenly. Either way, condolences to the family & may God be with them.

NOEFinest

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
176,583 6,089 3,406
Alleybux
I believe in privacy as well. Sometimes it’s perfectly ok to wait to give an announcement. I will never understand the urge to take everything to social media so suddenly. Either way, condolences to the family & may God be with them.
Because they get to drive the narrative. Let’s use Chadwick boseman and Kobe Bryant as examples. Chadwick and his people were able to control what and when came out about his passing without the media circus surrounding him, his hospital, treatment facilities and house. Now with Kobe before a statement could even be drafted about the incident think pieces and speculation about him and everything else.

anonimuswan

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
40,904 1,617 1,440
Alleybux
That has to be every parent's worst nightmare: burying and outliving your child.

May Keyshawn's daughter RIP, and may God comfort Keyshawn and his family at this devastating time.

Butterflyj82

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
441,686 29,021 1,300
Alleybux

Controverse

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
171,914 18,464 3,404
Alleybux
I think she may have either od'd or commited suicide. It seems like she had a lot of problems
Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 10.17.49 PM.png

Inmate Detail - HIGHTOWER JOHNSON, MAIA

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 10.23.22 PM.png

Unfortunately usually when no cause is given and not health related( Lupus, Asthma, Heart disease or HBP) its a drug overdose or organ failure due to alcohol abuse. eeksad:sweat:

I support family's decision to share whatever information they are comfortable with, but most of the time when someone of that age passes away it's under tragic circumstance. I notice when a sudden death happens and the COD is not shared, it's usually a suicide or drug issue. The rate of suicide and drug overdoses are so high right now, especially in young people, that I honestly just automatically assume that whenever I see a story like this. It shouldn't matter though, very sad either way.

Last edited:

Kerry Karter

Dangerously in Love
Reaction score
Reactions
195,572 2,641 2,256
Alleybux
I'm noticing lately that people arent saying a cause of death anymore. Like with the Troop member who passed recently. We give prayers and condolences but its natural to want to know why someone is gone. Why leave all these questions if we don't deserve to know. Just grieve privately. Part of grieving is knowing what happened.

I'm a private person so I understand. My mother could pass and there wouldn't be one Facebook post. But im also the type to tell you what happened if I felt it important enough to share the news in the first place.

Just something I noticed. Fans are left wondering what happened. Ppl ask in the comments and no one responds. Just no closure.

I agree. Cause of death could lead to awareness and promote advocacy. Lord knows we need it in the black community, especially among black women. We fall prey to so much-- domestic partner violence, health crises like breast cancer and heart disease. A 25yr old woman shouldn't drop dead from any health issues but it happens.

Prayers for the family and all who knew her and loved her. May they all find some comfort and peace during this time.

CherriGarcia

FKA RumTresLeche
Reaction score
Reactions
229,254 37,367 12,068
Alleybux
Are you family or a close friend? Why would you need closure on the death of a person who couldn’t pick you out of a line up? Fans be doing the most
No she's not a family member or close friend. I think some fans are really rude to think they are entitled to know why their idol's loved one died. It really isn't our business unless they want to tell the public

Fly2TheMoon

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
110,642 5,838 2,017
Alleybux

And they can wonder forever. Give your condolences and move along.

JoanClayton

Team Owner
SUPER MODERATOR
Reaction score
Reactions
244,101 2,760 187
Alleybux
Very sad. Condolences to the Johnson family.

No one is entitled to know the cause of this young woman’s death. Not everything is up for public consumption and it was likely painful enough for her family to confirm the passing. Regardless of the cause, her parents are burying a child. Siblings are mourning the loss of a sister. Families have every right to keep the cause within the family.

mystic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
162,853 4,589 1,438
Alleybux
Not to derail, but I absolutely hate it when people do that. Why solicit prayers if you don't want our questions? You can be vague but give us something since you're broadcasting the person's in trouble.

Why do you need "something" to pray for someone? You know that she's passed and the family is likely distraught. What else do you need to know to send a prayer of comfort and for her to have a peaceful transition? And he's not broadcasting she's in trouble - he announced her passing - and it's likely to get ahead of the media reporting it with potential inaccuracies. Are you that desperate for tea? Sheesh!

Posh Deluxe

details of your incompetence do not interest me
Reaction score
Reactions
35,913 2,442 699
Alleybux
Ugh, death is such a reality check. My condolences to him & his family. May they be covered by Gods love.

prettyjoy04

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,321 757 85
Alleybux
Why do you need "something" to pray for someone? You know that she's passed and the family is likely distraught. What else do you need to know to send a prayer of comfort and for her to have a peaceful transition? And he's not broadcasting she's in trouble - he announced her passing - and it's likely to get ahead of the media reporting it with potential inaccuracies. Are you that desperate for tea? Sheesh!

Learn to read and comprehend before you come acting. I specifically said when people ASK you to pray for them and give no reason, no context or anything. Keyshawn told us his child died and asked for prayers to the family and we did that. Any decent person would. I said I didn't like when people were demanding you pray for something you DON'T know any details or any context about. We know a child died so we're praying. People still want to know the cause. With COVID going around we don't know what's going on. People are already starting rumors of possible drug abuse.

But I am not blindly praying for attention seeking ass people. Pray for yourself and stop asking if you're going to keep sh!t a secret. For all I know you might be asking me to pray for you to get out of something you had no business doing. (Edit: For your slow ass and anyone else who wants to be obtuse, this last part is not about Keyshawn and this specific situation.)

Last edited:

infinitig35

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
21,254 1,246 1,407
Alleybux
I hope Keyshawn made things right because this young lady seemed like she was so broken after the divorce. And I hope he's doing right by his eldest son, too. My heart aches for Shikiri.

X1x2x3x4

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,263 79 14
Alleybux
This is so sad. I met him when I was around 11 or 12 years old with my mom. We were at the movie theaters and a group of the Bucs decided to go to the movies on their day off. He was the nicest person ever and just talked with us for like 15-20 minutes about our lives and what I wanted to be when I got older. You could tell he really loved children. I can’t imagine what he’s going through right now.

nique71

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
347,559 8,763 3,183
Alleybux
RIP. It probably had to be unexpected as Keyshawn did his show today and her mother was posting on IG yesterday. So unfortunately an accident or something else.

DeeceeTx

Working on my TPS reports
Reaction score
Reactions
30,364 671 116
Alleybux
That always makes me suspect suicide.
Yes, my best friend's husband committed suicide a little over a week ago and it was really hard as people started to hear about it. The family was in total shock and some people don't have the decency to not ask intrusive questions. She said that she felt like a robot repeating the same thing over and over again....allow people some space and grace to process the situation before expecting personal details about a death. It's very difficult for people living through it and trying to cope with the situation.

Last edited:

Monica Belcucci

Eternal Bad b!tch
Reaction score
Reactions
68,214 1,671 660
Alleybux
May she Rest In Peace. It’s hard to bury a parent and tragic to bury a child.
This. I lost my mother and brother less than 3mths apart and like my dad says, there is a word for losing a spouse, widow/er, and for losing parents, orphan. But nothing for losing a child because it is that devastating.

Prayers to him and his family.

lilmoody

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
6,849 322 32
Alleybux
There was a guy that lived close to my grandma that passed recently. I was visiting her that morning a couple of her neighbors knocked on the door saying there was a murderer lose and watch out. They said he was found in a pool of blood. Turns out it was natural causes. His daughter came to see my grandma to say hi to her while coming to go through his belongings. He wasn’t found in a pool of blood it was just a small amount. Anyway they might not know and if they release anything it might get twisted. So that might be another reason not to say anything.