Quantcast

Daunte Wright called his mom before being shot. George Floyd yelled for his. As a Black mother, this is my greatest fear.

Bigkev609

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
162 3
Alleybux
girl... a black Woman could be online “we need to help build the black man up”

while her daughter in the next room getting molested
Right black girls have always been last priority in the family for some reason!! Black women be caring more about black men then they care about themselves most of the time lol.

SmokeALot

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,394 10,217 1,571
Alleybux
A black woman wrote an article about fearing for her son & y'all turned this into a whataboutism. Make it make sense. Does the woman even have a daughter?

A lot of others on here & the "divestor" remarks are even weirder considering this man was biracial. Good luck with that.

Reaction score
Reactions
4,826 263 127
Alleybux
*Tumbleweeds*

It’s really sad that there never are any....what about BLACK DAUGHTERS? BLACK SISTERS? BLACK NIECES? A little 10yr old black girl was just gang raped by 5 black men and murdered. Where is the outrage for that???
It almost seems like the goal of these mothers it to get white people to coddle theirs sons like they do. Nobody cares what these men are doing inside the communities or will hold them responsible. A black life only matters based on it's proximity to whiteness it seems. Why aren't these men and women turning in the males shooting up the community and killing black men, women and children? They all know who's doing it. Because they will protect him at all costs. Toxic.

Ren80

Burn the cape and scatter the ashes.
Reaction score
Reactions
39,458 1,093 718
Alleybux
Cut the bµllsh!t. For every black girl committing violent crimes there are AT LEAST ten black males committing violent crimes. The prisons are mostly filled with black men, and not black women, for that very reason!
I don’t even know who you’re replying to lol. But I can’t help making the point once again that the Kang and Mule Coalition needs a zoom conference because their logic isn’t coherent. They gotta make up their minds.

Didn’t they say that criminal justice advocacy/police brutality were issues that particularly impacted the sonz and it’s misandrist to not acknowledge that? Are they backtracking on that now?

sanasays

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,434 1,464 1,292
Alleybux

ProhibitAcct

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
32,899 3,760 5,631
Alleybux
Y’all aren’t the face of anything.lol You’re in jail more than other races of women though.
I can't imagine being so dumb as to be proud of being the face of crime. As for black women being in jail more, so? Most black women don't have a record, heck not even 25%, can't say the same for you things though.

Last edited:

Gone Fishing

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
22,806 3,607 4,867
Alleybux
I can't imagine being so dumb as to be proud of being the face of crime. As for black women being in jail more, so? Most black women don't have a record, heck not even 25%, can't sat the same for you things though.
I never said being in jail is something to be proud of. Let’s be honest...bw love them some hood/jail/thug ninjas....talk about being dumb.

memyselfni

DEATH TO SIDECHICKS-BRING BACK SHAME.
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
245,933 40,318 6,184
Alleybux
Wonder if daunte Wright called his mama before shooting and disabling that other teenager…I don’t have sympathy for people like him…his death was obviously his karma…

highhvibes

The Boss.
Reaction score
Reactions
6,684 435 203
Alleybux

Daunte Wright called his mom before being shot. George Floyd yelled for his. As a Black mother, this is my greatest fear.​

Dara Beevas​

Apr. 14, 2021​

I was four months pregnant the night of July 6, 2016, when, scrolling on Facebook, I realized the video showing the aftermath of Philando Castile’s death had already gone viral. His partner, Diamond Reynolds, captured his final moments in real time. It was horrific. I had nightmares for weeks. Philando was killed 10 minutes from my Minneapolis home. His locs reminded me of my brothers’; the warmth emanating from his smile was reminiscent of my husband’s. I had watched the video of Eric Garner’s death two years before that, and Tamir Rice’s only a few months later.

I vowed that the fatal shooting of Philando by a Minneapolis police officer would be the last video I’d ever watch like that. I couldn’t do it anymore.
A year later, not long after the acquittal in the case against Philando’s shooter, I was on a phone call with my dear friend Datra. We discussed motherhood — she was a mother of two, and I was a new mother of one. And while, yes, we discussed the typical plights of parenthood — sleep deprivation, work-life balance, foiled date nights — as two Black moms, most of our conversation centered on one thing: safety.

How could we keep our babies safe? What would it take to protect their autonomy and freedom of imagination? What would be the price of their mistakes compared to their White friends? As a Black mom, how could I guard my child’s birthright to be boundless in their possibilities?
[ Officer who shot Daunte Wright resigns, as does Brooklyn Center police chief]
In his final minutes last May, George Floyd called out for his mother, who had only passed away two years before. “Mama,” he shouted. “Mama ... I’m through!” It was a final plea, a surrender to the death he knew was imminent, a son reaching for his mother — a mother who couldn’t save him. I didn’t watch the more than eight minutes of Derek Chauvin’s knee slowly, tortuously forcing life from George — an action for which Chauvin is now on trial for murder in my own city. However, when I saw a short clip of that moment — the moment George cried out for his mother — I sobbed. I was undone.
http://washingtonpost.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bOvjaFgH9IrbJbg?source=site
This week, we learned that another mother, Katie Wright, was on the phone with her 20-year-old son, Daunte Wright, when he was reportedly pulled over for having air fresheners hanging from his rearview mirror. I imagine the helplessness of hearing officers demand your son get out of the car; I imagine his fear, and perhaps even the surrender, in knowing what was about to happen.
[ What do communities do when the police retreat?]
Daunte’s death was a punch in the gut like so many unnecessary police shootings before him. I screamed into a pillow. I wrote a poem about it. Despair settled into my soul. While we grapple with a trial that cannot possibly bring justice for George Floyd, Daunte’s death happening only miles from George’s is too much to bear. As always, when a Black man is killed in these inexplicable and tragic ways by police, every Black man that I love flashes through my mind. I imagine the bodies of my father, brothers, friends and husband covered with a sheet or sand or nothing, alone and dead on the pavement.

This week, my unborn son flashed across my mind to join them. I’m six months pregnant. We’ve chosen his name and painted his nursery jasper green. There’s a genuine fear that I carry, that countless mothers carry: It’s of our children surrendering to an inescapable death. There are not enough talks, lectures, horror stories or pleas to save them from a world that has yet to reckon with white terrorism.

Daunte Wright's mother recounts their last phone call during fatal traffic stop
2:01
Katie Wright spoke April 13 about the last conversation she had with her son before he was fatally shot by police at a traffic stop in Brooklyn Center, Minn. (The Washington Post)

As a mother, I’m not afraid that my children won’t apply themselves or advocate their needs. I don’t agonize about sports, activities or which camps to sign them up for. The boogeyman isn’t a biased teacher, ignorant neighbor or racist parent — though these are realities to contend with, too. It’s the harm that will come to them while simply existing: walking home, riding in a car with friends, playing at the playground, running through their own neighborhood.
At any age, at any time, the mother of a Black child is at the mercy of unchecked racist institutions doing what they were designed and created to do — rob Black people of their lives. There is no soothing for the mother of a Black child, and there has never been in this country.
The very real nightmare is that our children will call out for us when they most need us, and we won’t be able to protect them.
Dara Beevas is co-founder and chief executive of Wise Ink.
Unfortunately this is not the message board to have REAL conversations about REAL things plaguing the community. This place is filled with trolls and racist apologist but I'll try to help as best I can in spite of. This is a very real fear for all of us black women who have black fathers, cousins, brothers, sons, uncles the list goes on and on and even the fear for our black women as well as we've seen from Sandra Bland, korryn gaines etc that police brutality and racism are not exclusive to our men only. There's no right or wrong answer except to be as honest as we can with our children and help guide them to the best of our ability to just make it home. We can deal with a lawsuit if need be, I can write letters to the mayor, we can protest until you're green in the face... Just make it home to me FIRST.