Wynter Noel

I’m going to groan your ass back with vengeance
Benched
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
64,264 2,651 1,620
Alleybux
Okay guys, I might be overreacting but I have to get this off my chest.
WARNING ⚠️ THIS IS A RANT AND ITS ALL OVER THE PLACE, please bare with me.

This past weekend I was catching up on marvel movies I haven’t seen before and of course some of the new marvel tv shows. I came to the conclusion that this IS NOT the time for DCTV to just throw in the towel.

I know a lot of us have been disappointed with the Flash as of late, and all I can wonder is will they try and improve or just keep with the lackluster writing?

I wonder if they truly know what’s at stake.

I have always been the comic fan that loved DC and Marvel I wanted to see both win, however Marvel is best known to have the best blockbuster comic movies.

However with the arrowverse, it seemed like DC found it’s stride with TV opppse of the big screen a few years ago, but in recent years things have changed. Arrow is now canceled, the writing for the Flash is almost as bad as Riverdale, Black Lightning is on it final season, Supergirl is also ending, now I really want to know what is DC’s thought process right now.
I see they are at a crossroads. They can keep up with this mess they have been spitting out lately, or they can truly invest into these projects and try and compete with Marvel.

I haven’t seen Superman and Lois so I don’t know if it’s good or bad, but to stay competitive, DC has to do SOMETHING major.

For years Marvel movies ran the big screen but now they are moving to series and completely taking over with Wandavision, The Falcon and Winter Solider and pretty soon my beloved Loki.

Marvel is not playing around. They are putting their heavy hitters (and big actors) on tv/streaming series now, meanwhile DC gives us Batwoman but not Batman, has yet to even give us a rumble of a series version of Joker, heck I’ll settle for Scarecrow, heck find one of the characters that was huge on the big screen and make a series.

I just feel like DC needs to notice the writing on the walls. Marvel is making it where DC can’t even compete anymore.

I believe DC is improving majorly when it comes to film with the Justice League franchise, the dark reboot of Joker, Aqua man, Wonder Woman, and the new Batman, but they can’t lose sight of what kept them pretty relevant (just my opinion) which is their tv series.

I’m sure it’s easier for Marvel because it’s owned by Disney and they are on the Disney plus, but honestly if I was DC I would try and work a deal with Netflix and invest in a cinema like series. Flash is already the top rated DC show, I would pull it from CW after the contract is up, but it on a streaming site, invest a lot of money into, get a better writer and have them push the limits. I feel a vast majority prefer Grant as the Flash over Ezra anyways.

But this BS they have been presenting to us each and every Tuesday is not going to make it.

I feel like Black Lighting is worth a pick up from Netflix, but if they do pick it up, for the sake of sweet baby Jesus can they stop Jefferson and his wife from being at each other’s necks. That is what’s bringing down the morale of the show. With the underlying political and social justice tone of the show and the fact it’s still a comic show I think Netflix could do soooo much with it.

Sorry for the long rant, just had to get my thoughts out there.

And I know the pandemic is the cause of most of this, but the pandemic gave Marvel lemons and they made a entire damn pie with it along with lemonade.

Last edited:

originalwharris

Jesse's girl (in my head).
Reaction score
Reactions
277,393 21,985 1,048
Alleybux
The Flash has two, maybe 3 more seasons tops. Hopefully, they can get their act together for these last few seasons. As for Black Lightning, there was some behind-the-scenes drama with Cress and China (that's why she left), that's why the show was cancelled. If it were to get picked up on HBO Max (that's where all of the DC shows are going moving forward), they would have to recast Cress. Hopefully, they will pick up the Painkiller show. Superman and Lois is good, they just need some diversity.

You forgot about Stargirl and Batwoman, those are also CW shows. Stargirl is good and Batwoman will be better once they let go of Kate Kane completely. The last episode focused on Ryan and it was good.

Also, there are the HBO Max shows Doom Patrol and Titans. Green Lantern, Justice League Dark, and Peacemaker are all in production for HBO Max as well. DC is trying to step their game up, give them some time.

Wynter Noel

I’m going to groan your ass back with vengeance
Benched
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
64,264 2,651 1,620
Alleybux
The Flash has two, maybe 3 more seasons tops. Hopefully, they can get their act together for these last few seasons. As for Black Lightning, there was some behind-the-scenes drama with Cress and China (that's why she left), that's why the show was cancelled. If it were to get picked up on HBO Max (that's where all of the DC shows are going moving forward), they would have to recast Cress. Hopefully, they will pick up the Painkiller show. Superman and Lois is good, they just need some diversity.

You forgot about Stargirl and Batwoman, those are also CW shows. Stargirl is good and Batwoman will be better once they let go of Kate Kane completely. The last episode focused on Ryan and it was good.

Also, there are the HBO Max shows Doom Patrol and Titans. Green Lantern, Justice League Dark, and Peacemaker are all in production for HBO Max as well. DC is trying to step their game up, give them some time.
I knew you would have better insight. Yes, I read in the other threads that there were some issues with Cress and China. But since China left would they need to recast him? Or is he having issues with the entire cast ?

I mentioned batwoman and I actually really liked season one, I’m still catching up on season two, but it’s in that awkward transition from Kate to Ryan.

i tried star girl couldn’t get into it, I’ll try again.

I do hope when dc goes to hbo max it’s a little bit more adult friendly. I think that is why marvel is so competitive. It’s not the geared towards kids like CW. It’s family friendly but still for my age range.

I know I’m wishing in a star, but I would like to see more of an adult friendly cinema series with Grant’s Flash. I feel with the right writer it came shake back. Him and Candice are the perfect characters for Barry and Iris, but granted I’m not a Ezra Flash fan.

A series I would love to see is the Injustice comics, there is so much in that universe and would be perfect for a series.

I do hope DCTV gets better. I just think dc needs to take everything off of CW, because CW is what’s hurting the arrowverse, with the casting, with the writing and with their selection of stories to tell.
Stargirl is just a comic book character I never really cared for, and to compete with marvel who already established their characters on the big screen they need something with more umph. But the shows you listed are some heavy hitters, especially Green Lantern. I just hope it’s done well.

I do think I’m about to start watching the Harley Quinn series. I was watching some clips on YouTube and it looked pretty good.

originalwharris

Jesse's girl (in my head).
Reaction score
Reactions
277,393 21,985 1,048
Alleybux
I knew you would have better insight. Yes, I read in the other threads that there were some issues with Cress and China. But since China left would they need to recast him? Or is he having issues with the entire cast ?

I mentioned batwoman and I actually really liked season one, I’m still catching up on season two, but it’s in that awkward transition from Kate to Ryan.

i tried star girl couldn’t get into it, I’ll try again.

I do hope when dc goes to hbo max it’s a little bit more adult friendly. I think that is why marvel is so competitive. It’s not the geared towards kids like CW. It’s family friendly but still for my age range.

I know I’m wishing in a star, but I would like to see more of an adult friendly cinema series with Grant’s Flash. I feel with the right writer it came shake back. Him and Candice are the perfect characters for Barry and Iris, but granted I’m not a Ezra Flash fan.

A series I would love to see is the Injustice comics, there is so much in that universe and would be perfect for a series.

I do hope DCTV gets better. I just think dc needs to take everything off of CW, because CW is what’s hurting the arrowverse, with the casting, with the writing and with their selection of stories to tell.
Stargirl is just a comic book character I never really cared for, and to compete with marvel who already established their characters on the big screen they need something with more umph. But the shows you listed are some heavy hitters, especially Green Lantern. I just hope it’s done well.

I do think I’m about to start watching the Harley Quinn series. I was watching some clips on YouTube and it looked pretty good.
It seems like Cress is the problem. None of the cast interacts with him and they don't even tag him in anything Black Lightning related.

Alilbitgoth

Dracula's Widow
Reaction score
Reactions
19,235 618 93
Alleybux
The problem is WB has incompetent people running the studios. Johns is not feige and it shows. The fact that these people have a DC stan and filmmaker like Kevin Smith and don't bring him in says a lot. If you watch fatman Beyond...him & Mark brainstorm up better sh!t DC has ever done.

I have no interest in Gotham, Batwoman nor Stargirl. We had 3 Superman tv shows already. Why is there another one? Instead of Superman & Lois why not adapt the Super sons comic cartoon or do Bat family.

I did watch Krypton and thought it was good however....I would never put a show on Syfy. They don't keep shows they don't own long on their network. (another reason I found why tv shows get cancelled).

I'm still pissed about Swamp Thing. This was his redemption from the so bad they're good B-movies. Who the dafaq cancels a show before the whole season gets off the ground. Nor do you look for solutions.

Titans have been a hot mess and Nightwing has been overlooked. I still feel some type of way that Joker & Harley Quinn got a movie before him. At least.. he could have had his own show. The Grayson comics is prime tv Drama.

The fact that video games, animated movies & fan films are doing better stories says a lot about WB.

Why would you use the same character for a movie that has a tv show at the same time?

I kinda loss interest in Black Lightning don't know if I'll finish this season. Iger giving Feige all of Marvel IPs is the smartest thing ever. 2 tv shows in and they are more talked about than DCs. Synder cut has gotten more interest than DCTV.