Quantcast

Dealing with a heavy heart

B A M B I

Champagne Puppy
Reaction score
Reactions
377 7
Alleybux
I'm pretty upset and this'll probably sound really juvenile but fµck I'm 19 and due to my past, I've always been weary of relationships. So I always kept things as a no strings attached until I met this guy a few years ago. I met him around the time after I was attacked and we've been there for each other through a lot. I tried to keep my guard up but I eventually ended up falling in love with him, we've been dating on and off for the past 4 or 5 years? He kinda changed, I guess he is/was scared of the way he was feeling and he's been very flip flop. I confronted him about the way he was acting and it led to a big argument.

Things between us are kinda strained but we're both in a group we go to every week were we try help out the youth in our area, so we see each other weekly. He's been kinda weird, like treating me as an acquaintance and it's got me all messed up because during that argument, I finally told him that I was in love and now I don't what to do or how to feel. Usually, I'd be onto the next dude but this is different for me since this is the first I've let my guard down to a man and I definitely need some advice. :disapointed:

Gentle Soul

Pure Heart
Reaction score
Reactions
187 3 9
Alleybux
This is sad, but if I were you I would give him some space. Now that he knows your true feelings he has your heart in his hands and you don't want him to have that power if he decides to leave you alone. You have the option right now to walk away with your pride in tact and heart unbroken but it's up to you.

MasMouth

THE ICON
Reaction score
Reactions
519,824 24,221 7,314
Alleybux
19 and seeing him since you were what 13 or 14 and you're wondering why he's changed ? Haven't you ?

B A M B I

Champagne Puppy
Reaction score
Reactions
377 7
Alleybux
19 and seeing him since you were what 13 or 14 and you're wondering why he's changed ? Haven't you ?

Obviously. His change of attitude has been recent though. I'm not thirsting after him anymore, I realized it's not even worth it when he's playing games. All I'm wondering is how do I just let go? Especially when I have to deal with seeing him. If I didn't have that problem, then I wouldn't be tripping.

This dude fµcked up all my emotions and now I sound like a teeny popper, sh!t :no:

AllTheseInches

OG bunny killa
Reaction score
Reactions
38,176 220 166
Alleybux
I'm pretty upset and this'll probably sound really juvenile but fµck I'm 19 and due to my past, I've always been weary of relationships. So I always kept things as a no strings attached until I met this guy a few years ago. I met him around the time after I was attacked and we've been there for each other through a lot. I tried to keep my guard up but I eventually ended up falling in love with him, we've been dating on and off for the past 4 or 5 years? He kinda changed, I guess he is/was scared of the way he was feeling and he's been very flip flop. I confronted him about the way he was acting and it led to a big argument.

Things between us are kinda strained but we're both in a group we go to every week were we try help out the youth in our area, so we see each other weekly. He's been kinda weird, like treating me as an acquaintance and it's got me all messed up because during that argument, I finally told him that I was in love and now I don't what to do or how to feel. Usually, I'd be onto the next dude but this is different for me since this is the first I've let my guard down to a man and I definitely need some advice. :disapointed:

Times like these, it's best to just lean on #TheGoodLord and also say fµck dat knigga!!!

#StayBlessed :bashful:

MasMouth

THE ICON
Reaction score
Reactions
519,824 24,221 7,314
Alleybux
Obviously. His change of attitude has been recent though. I'm not thirsting after him anymore, I realized it's not even worth it when he's playing games. All I'm wondering is how do I just let go? Especially when I have to deal with seeing him. If I didn't have that problem, then I wouldn't be tripping.

This dude fµcked up all my emotions and now I sound like a teeny popper, sh!t :no:

Are you a boy ?

B A M B I

Champagne Puppy
Reaction score
Reactions
377 7
Alleybux
:sidefrown:

Wha-

...You don't see that little icon next to my font? Nah,

I'm all female, boo.

epicura

Its Got Electrolytes!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
5,287 73 22
Alleybux
Oh honey, you no longer fit into what he wants from a "woman"...relationships aren't "real" at that age so while you think you may have been "dating" off & on for years, you've just been hanging out with a member of the opposite xes that you "click" with.
Men very often aren't as mature in relationships at this age and what you think is "real" isn't to them.
Stay friends only, make new male aquantences and let your heart heal before you think about anyone else. You're still figuring out yourself, never mind what you want in a man.
He's a lesson in your life and this lesson is that love isn't always enough to make a relationship work, especially if it's unrequited (and his wishy-washy way make it seem as if it's not)...woo woo woo, you'll be OK sista gurl

RosesRred

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
67,500 598 143
Alleybux
First off, OP, I am sorry that you were attacked. But I am glad you got help and have moved on productively.

Now, with this guy. People change, as they should throughout the years of growing up. Give him his room. It could be that he wants to end the relationship but doesn't know how to go about it because he still wants your friendship. Try talking to him about it, but be prepared that he wants to move on.

Take One

C L E N C H E D
Reaction score
Reactions
301 2 1
Alleybux
I really don't know what to tell you if you're in love with him. No matter what happens, make sure that you learn something and that if you choose to, you can walk away feeling like you gained more from the experience than you lost.

Take One

C L E N C H E D
Reaction score
Reactions
301 2 1
Alleybux
@ rep: aw shucks, that made me smile. :giggle: Thank you :pcute: