Quantcast

Denise Matthews (Vanity) Wedding/Newlywed Spreads- Jet and Ebony

iPlayToWin

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,131 39 12
Alleybux
I didn't want to start a new thread but according to those who attended Prince's show he dedicated to Vanity after she died, he said "It's time for a new story". Some people took it to mean that during his entire career, Vanity had been his THEME/main muse for his songwriting and since she was gone, he had to close that chapter. What do y'all think ? Yeah yeah I know, he said some songs were about Mayte, Suzanne etc... but what if the "story" was about Vanity all along ?

I don't think the story was about Denise the whole time. Prince was out living his life like most men. Too many of us here are thinking we women's minds. Of course we can't help it. Prince was cute but we gotta think with a man's mind. Most of them like variety even if they've had a favorite. He was not pining over Vanity. Trust.

I dont think hunk he was pining over anyone. He was living and trying to live well.

PrinceNelson

Eat your pancakes
Reaction score
Reactions
161,287 17,486 9,412
Alleybux
I don't think the story was about Denise the whole time. Prince was out living his life like most men. Too many of us here are thinking we women's minds. Of course we can't help it. Prince was cute but we gotta think with a man's mind. Most of them like variety even if they've had a favorite. He was not pining over Vanity. Trust.

I dont think hunk he was pining over anyone. He was living and trying to live well.

I know he was a man, but he was also an artist, and I think they are usually more sensitive than others (even though he was hiding it well). Oh well, I guess we'll never know. I wish he had finished his memoirs.

Iron_Dolly

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,649 1,071 557
Alleybux
Also, I found where Prince mentions her in his own Jet spread a couple years later, and a year into his marriage to Mayte. It's odd to me to bring up an ex of 10+ years (especially one that's not like especially famous) when you're married yourself, and being asked about your marriage... Just goes on to solidify the "Vanity was the One/the prototype" theory.
image699ca.jpg
:3some::dancinglock::3some::dancinglock:
:crucified:at Mayte saying she didn't want a lot of people at her wedding because they needed room for a lot of angels in the church:cry 512x512:

missmaya99

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
47,029 2,707 457
Alleybux
I didn't want to start a new thread but according to those who attended Prince's show he dedicated to Vanity after she died, he said "It's time for a new story". Some people took it to mean that during his entire career, Vanity had been his THEME/main muse for his songwriting and since she was gone, he had to close that chapter. What do y'all think ? Yeah yeah I know, he said some songs were about Mayte, Suzanne etc... but what if the "story" was about Vanity all along ?

Unfortunately, we will never know.

FunkyMind

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
35,203 878 107
Alleybux

Maybe he meant "a new story" for her, not for him. She died and went to another world. Idk.

Laurarichardson

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,406 1,791 2,496
Alleybux
I always read the reason the marriage didn't last because Anthony was more in love with "Vanity" than Denise Matthews.

In hindsight, it's good she left this clown. She easily could have been one of his victims. ((shudders))
He did beat on her

Laurarichardson

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,406 1,791 2,496
Alleybux
I've always thought it was due to her kidney issues; I don't think it would've been safe for her or a baby to get pregnant.
@<span class="highlight"><b><a href="http://www.lipstickalley.com/member.php?u=119145" target="_blank">Mrs Kulina</a></b></span> you might be right about the continued drug use; I never understood why, at the end of her life she was right back at end stage renal failure after the '97 transplant, as well as why she couldn't receive another one. And the "black Gorilla" remarks were from an interview she did with Joan Rivers. She tried to apologize in Jet but the damage was done. These remarks pretty much grounded her recording career; black DJ's across the country refused to spin her records. Some cite that remark, even more than the rampant drug use as the thing that pretty much ended her career.

Remark made at 5:50
[video]

image886be.jpg

image246fc.jpg

In later years, she also spoke about the rape and abuse she received from her father, and the neglect from her mother. The relationship with crazy Anthony might not have been under honest circumstances, but for what it's worth, it seemed like she had no issue with getting with a man, black or white who could do something for her. She was with Rick James before Prince, and was supposed to head up the Mary Jane Girls IIRC. Much of the reason RJ hated Prince was due to Prince biting off a lot of what Rick thought was his; his sound, his image, and his woman.

—-She had a kidney fail a decide to go with dialysis and over time complications can develop.

Pressley

Consciousness Over Cookies
Reaction score
Reactions
482,468 14,132 13,199
Alleybux
Dang, her apology tour just continued the offense - I identify with my dad as a gorilla and I used to call Prince a gorilla plus she was wearing gorilla fur.
I"m sorry but this just made me holler. She sure did have that gorilla coat on, even wore it to Video Soul with Donnie. LOL sh!t

News Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom