Quantcast

Denise "Vanity" Matthews PICTURE Thread/Discussion

PaxundLux

ici : ala
Reaction score
Reactions
6,988 41 12
Alleybux
It will be interesting to hear what Tobyn has to say about Nikki 6.
He used post on the org but they deleted a lot of it.
I wonder which one of the mods did it.

Call me mom

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
15,523 451 434
Alleybux
It will be interesting to hear what Tobyn has to say about Nikki 6.
He used post on the org but they deleted a lot of it.
I wonder which one of the mods did it.

Many times threads were hidden for moderation but weren't deleted. Sometimes they were unhidden and available again if it didn't require a major re-working of the thread.

PaxundLux

ici : ala
Reaction score
Reactions
6,988 41 12
Alleybux
Many times threads were hidden for moderation but weren't deleted. Sometimes they were unhidden and available again if it didn't require a major re-working of the thread.
Oh. I didn't know that.
I'll go search and get re aquainted.

Tgal73

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,775 949 227
Alleybux
Naw. I'm telling you right now, her sister sounds suspect taking that POS side, no disrespect. Maybe there was some jealousy from her end, I don't know what happened, not pretending to...all I"m saying is, you can't punch my sister in the face and I take your side on anything. Something's off. The way he talked about her and the frequency he ran his mouth about her, tells me all I need to know. Also, the fact that Denise didn't pick one of her sisters to be in charge of her estate may speak to their closeness. Sisters often have complicated relationships..but I digress....
I'd love to hear whatever Tobyn shared with us but Nikki is a racist.
I know. I was taken aback a little when he said that. Nikki Sixx admitted to how bad he treated her. But he couldn't be all that bad because he would do anything for her family? Her family wasn't in a relationship with that asshole. Denise was. I feel so bad for her. Sometimes I wonder who was in her corner.

Rox

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,701 570 145
Alleybux
I know. I was taken aback a little when he said that. Nikki Sixx admitted to how bad he treated her. But he couldn't be all that bad because he would do anything for her family? Her family wasn't in a relationship with that asshole. Denise was. I feel so bad for her. Sometimes I wonder who was in her corner.
Nikki has taken that derogatory image of Denise all the way to the stage via that book he wrote.
It's vile.

Tgal73

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,775 949 227
Alleybux
Nikki has taken that derogatory image of Denise all the way to the stage via that book he wrote.
It's vile.
If Denise hadn't been deep in her addiction, she wouldn't have looked twice at that beast. I think he knows that. That's why he tries so hard to portray her in a certain way. He also knows she didn't love him. Men have fragile egos.

Rox

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,701 570 145
Alleybux
If Denise hadn't been deep in her addiction, she wouldn't have looked twice at that beast. I think he knows that. That's why he tries so hard to portray her in a certain way. He also knows she didn't love him. Men have fragile egos.
So, so true.

He is and always will be vile to me.

Pressley

Consciousness Over Cookies
Reaction score
Reactions
482,524 14,137 13,201
Alleybux
Yes! All of this. Plus, I hate to be a broken record but his prose/manuscript/actions in the public eye tells me he's a racist. He's had how many f'd up relationships with white blonde bimbos??????????....yet you're still pressed 30 plus literal years about Ms. Denise? You're mad that a "Black" woman had you in your feelings when you're supposed to be superior to her. Not b!tch! :disdain:
Also, even if I wasn't a Stan of Ms. Denise..his version of events don't line up. This lady was lower than dirt to you but you were showing off an expensive ass rock you put on her fingers when you asked her to marry you????????? Make it make sense. He was sprung. She put it on every man she ever had! That's common knowledge. He's got some real issues. Piece of sh!t even put her name wrong in one of those books. That is on purpose. It's blatant disrespect.

CBScorpio

Stand up for something or else sit down!
Reaction score
Reactions
3,247 70 75
Alleybux
Just because...
Vanity Headshot Slick Hair.jpg

CBScorpio

Stand up for something or else sit down!
Reaction score
Reactions
3,247 70 75
Alleybux
Just because...

1620001129758.png

Vanity as Catwoman!! Badass, right?!

Pressley

Consciousness Over Cookies
Reaction score
Reactions
482,524 14,137 13,201
Alleybux
I have Denise's contract regarding Nikki's book. It's handy, I'll read it more closely.

Rockers that I have run into how have learned of my connection to Denise, the Rockers that are into Nikki have shown me nothing but respect for Denise and have been adamant about referring to her ONLY as The Evangelist Denise Matthews.

I don't doubt that Denise was wild/self-destructive. DeBorah has told me some unexpected things that I don't want to know and that I can never repeat.
I haven't read his book so can't explain if it is all something Denise had approved or not, but I have no reason to think otherwise because I know there is a contract.
.......Did she ever mention Billy??? @Tobyn Brown

Nashira

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,738 393 99
Alleybux
loving this thread so far, hate i missed it the first time around.
On page 4, so i May haven’t seen it yet
But has her friendship with Rick james been discussed?
He was the one she was with at the awards where she first met P right.. not that they were dating but just friends I believe. I also wonder if hanging around Rick is where she possibly started with drugs in general especially with the alleged “freebasing”
Just a thought
She’s such an iconic beauty
I remember being in awe of her when I watched the last dragon as a kid for the first time.

Reaction score
Reactions
16,624 360 114
Alleybux
If Prince's fans were as loyal & protective as Vanity's these last almost 7 years would've been a completely different experience.

Last edited:

sundaybest

AbundantlyAmazing
Reaction score
Reactions
236,832 11,973 10,199
Alleybux

As the apostle Paul said for Denise to die was Christ. Heaven gained but boy oh boy did we miss out on hearing more of her testimony here on earth. I love seeing clips of her speak about the love of God. And I love the way she dressed after she got saved. She stayed classy and covered from neck to toe.

At another church she preached, she said, "When I was in the world, I know were thinking, 'Lord, I wish she'd put some clothes on." Then at the church she said, "HE HEARD YOU!" lol

LadyCabDriver

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,381 677 229
Alleybux
If Prince's fans were as loyal & protective as Vanity's these last almost 7 years would've been a completely different experience.

Some fonts on here aren't going to like this but many of them see themselves in Vanity/Denise. Because she was so beautiful, they somehow wish they were her, they see themselves in her and so look at her through rose colored glasses and get defensive and take it personally if someone says something about her they disagree with. I'm not in favor of trashing Vanity/Denise (far from it; I admire her very much), but in her later life, Denise was very open and honest about how much of a brat she was during her Vanity years, and why. Because she'd been xesually and physically abused by her father so she became rebellious against all men including Prince, and her beauty allowed her to get away with being as rebellious as she was, until of course, it no longer worked for her, meaning it almost killed her.
There's your truth. @Plutonian

Reaction score
Reactions
16,624 360 114
Alleybux
Some fonts on here aren't going to like this but many of them see themselves in Vanity/Denise. Because she was so beautiful, they somehow wish they were her, they see themselves in her and so look at her through rose colored glasses and get defensive and take it personally if someone says something about her they disagree with. I'm not in favor of trashing Vanity/Denise (far from it; I admire her very much), but in her later life, Denise was very open and honest about how much of a brat she was during her Vanity years, and why. Because she'd been xesually and physically abused by her father so she became rebellious against all men including Prince, and her beauty allowed her to get away with being as rebellious as she was, until of course, it no longer worked for her, meaning it almost killed her.
Agreed.

I've also 4 many yrs witnessed fams live vicariously thru a number of his exes, & *him.

( *they live/work in purple shrines, have a symbol on their car, back & neck, ram P dwn their colleagues/relatives/partners/childrens/strangers throats 247365, have purple anti-social media accs that "keep the legacy alive!" etc... then when any fan has the audacity 2 go off the hateful cherry picked groundhog day simplistic script, stand in his corner & against the tide....... these same purple cult mfs tell them, every single time, - not 2 worship him! Lmmfao! - he had human flaws! Lol! (like a fckn lifelong fan dnt kno bout Mr gemini mind tricks funky ways lmao!) - It's fine 2 talk abt them look he grew! ..yeah right let's sit in the dirt all day & call it discussion, depth psychology lmao, nuff of em only fck with P/Mpls sound, they ain't music lovers they're stans aka dorks & stalkers.
they might wanna ask themselves, & a shrink, why they've spent thousands & years on such a nasty piece of work that they throw under the bus & sellout at every given opportunity )

The number of exes stans in P fan online spaces, & content re exes, & his relationships, has increased 10 fold since he died

I would love it if ppl reminded themselves of P & Vanity's ages when they sit in judgement on their relationship for the 46963247986532 time. They were both still working out their childhoods, growing, fckn up, learning, & in hollyweird/the music Biz.......

I dnt see Vanity thru rose tinted glasses, but i have a soft spot 4 her 4 a few reasons, & I think she, & he, had good hearts at the end of the day, & they were good friends til the end.
I see some of the statements her stans make here & elsewhere re her, & her & P... &... yeah, that's all waaay too criiinge 4 me, especially from the grown women.

Last edited:

BedtimeStories

Only Prince knows for sure.
Reaction score
Reactions
50,009 551 114
Alleybux
Agreed. Like ALL of us, she lacked coping skills, at that age, to deal with what happened to her and she acted out in self-destructive ways UNTIL she knew better and then she DID better.

Her Spirit, her essence, was always the beautiful soul she returned to being before she suffered the abuse by her father. And, because of P's background, they were drawn to each other but unable to stay together. Doesn't mean they didn't care for and respect each other throughout their lives (as we've seen, they did).

I always hope that in another lifetime, they get to have what they didn't in this one.

cpublue

Poor lonely computer
Reaction score
Reactions
7,208 226 37
Alleybux
I've also 4 many yrs witnessed fams live vicariously thru a number of his exes, & *him.

( *they live/work in purple shrines, have a symbol on their car, back & neck, ram P dwn their colleagues/relatives/partners/childrens/strangers throats 247365, have purple anti-social media accs that "keep the legacy alive!" etc... then when any fan has the audacity 2 go off the hateful cherry picked groundhog day simplistic script, stand in his corner & against the tide....... these same purple cult mfs tell them, every single time, - not 2 worship him! Lmmfao!
Thank you for saying this. You’re absolutely right. Twitter is ripe with these fammy fams who like to dish out opinions but can’t handle it when someone else does the same. Can’t stand their asses.

sundaybest

AbundantlyAmazing
Reaction score
Reactions
236,832 11,973 10,199
Alleybux
Agreed.

( *they live/work in purple shrines, have a symbol on their car, back & neck, ram P dwn their colleagues/relatives/partners/childrens/strangers throats 247365, have purple anti-social media accs that "keep the legacy alive!" etc... then when any fan has the audacity 2 go off the hateful cherry picked groundhog day simplistic script, stand in his corner & against the tide....... these same purple cult mfs tell them, every single time, - not 2 worship him! Lmmfao! - he had human flaws! Lol! (like a fckn lifelong fan dnt kno bout Mr gemini mind tricks funky ways lmao!) - It's fine 2 talk abt them look he grew! ..yeah right let's sit in the dirt all day & call it discussion, depth psychology lmao, nuff of em only fck with P/Mpls sound, they ain't music lovers they're stans aka dorks & stalkers.
they might wanna ask themselves, & a shrink, why they've spent thousands & years on such a nasty piece of work that they throw under the bus & sellout at every given opportunity )

The number of exes stans in P fan online spaces, & content re exes, & his relationships, has increased 10 fold since he died

I would love it if ppl reminded themselves of P & Vanity's ages when they sit in judgement on their relationship for the 46963247986532 time. They were both still working out their childhoods, growing, fckn up, learning, & in hollyweird/the music Biz.......

I dnt see Vanity thru rose tinted glasses, but i have a soft spot 4 her 4 a few reasons, & I think she, & he, had good hearts at the end of the day, & they were good friends til the end.
I see some of the statements her stans make here & elsewhere re her, & her & P... &... yeah, that's all waaay too criiinge 4 me, especially from the grown women.
Were Vanity and Prince friends until the end??? I remember reading in a Jet magazine article that she had not spoken to him in over ten years.

Did they reconnect shortly before her death?

PrinceNelson

Eat your pancakes
Reaction score
Reactions
161,529 17,519 9,416
Alleybux
Were Vanity and Prince friends until the end??? I remember reading in a Jet magazine article that she had not spoken to him in over ten years.

Her family members said that they stayed in contact until 2012-2013.

sundaybest

AbundantlyAmazing
Reaction score
Reactions
236,832 11,973 10,199
Alleybux
Her family members said that they stayed in contact until 2012-2013.
She was probably trying to get him to be baptized in Jesus Name and be filled with the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking with other tongues.

He was probably trying to get her to read The Watchtower.

LadyCabDriver

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,381 677 229
Alleybux
Agreed. Like ALL of us, she lacked coping skills, at that age, to deal with what happened to her and she acted out in self-destructive ways UNTIL she knew better and then she DID better.

Her Spirit, her essence, was always the beautiful soul she returned to being before she suffered the abuse by her father. And, because of P's background, they were drawn to each other but unable to stay together. Doesn't mean they didn't care for and respect each other throughout their lives (as we've seen, they did).

I always hope that in another lifetime, they get to have what they didn't in this one.
Well said!!

Reaction score
Reactions
16,624 360 114
Alleybux
Thank you for saying this. You’re absolutely right. Twitter is ripe with these fammy fams who like to dish out opinions but can’t handle it when someone else does the same. Can’t stand their asses.
You're welcome.
And, yes, sickening levels of hypocrisy, sneakyness, immaturity, groupthink, petty power, entitlement, ownership, opportunism, exploitation, fakery etc etc etc etc etc...
If only it was just twit.

I'm out b4 Jan 1st.
7 years.
Nah.
85% of the decent ppl i kno in the base stopped posting looongtime amongst the purple cult.
More fool me takes 7 years.
I'm done.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
16,624 360 114
Alleybux

I dnt kno 4 a fact when exactly they last communicated, but I think there's info out there re them being in contact (sporadic or otherwise over decades) way longer than ppl thought, I believe at least til a few yrs b4 he passed.
Others here will kno better than me.
His words when she passed made his love & friendship plain tho.

That's what ppl nd 2 rmbr: they didn't dog each other/sell each other out, & were good friends til the end. When u diss one 4 the other u diss both as they are old friends. Whatever happened in their youths they were well past decades later
He was 2 yrs & a few wks shy of 60 when he left.

PrinceNelson

Eat your pancakes
Reaction score
Reactions
161,529 17,519 9,416
Alleybux
She was probably trying to get him to be baptized in Jesus Name and be filled with the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking with other tongues.

He was probably trying to get her to read The Watchtower.

Apparently she discussed it with her sister. This is what her brother in law wrote on another board :

*No need to wonder, that is what they were talking about; again.

It never occurred to me to tell DeBorah about the books or the list. For good reason I wasn’t much interested in DeBorah’s stories about Denise and Prince back then. I do remember thinking “isn’t he married?” as she begins telling that Denise snuck in another call to Prince while he was married.

From what I can see from most her old phone bills Denise continued to be in touch with someone in Minneapolis.

DeBorah comment that caught my attention was said in frustration. “I told her, why don’t you just become a Jehovah’s Witness” she said as if it was the only thing in the way of them getting back together.

My only questions were, “You and Denise discussed her becoming a Jehovah’s Witness? (Her response, “Yes”). My next question was “You have no idea what you just said, do you?

Honestly, I’m trying to get DeBorah to write but she refuses to do it without me. The irony of it is that I now find it equally as difficult to be around her because of her sister.*

Plutonian

Sorceress
Reaction score
Reactions
13,830 1,888 1,637
Alleybux

I guess I have to write in Biiiiig font like you.

Let me regurgitate some of your statements;

-She was abused by her father so she was rebellious
against all men including Prince?? So, Prince and men in general needed to be obeyed?

-Her beauty 'allowed' her to get away with it? So, using your reasoning, she forgot her 'place' and did not obey Prince.
How about this: Prince was so beautiful, he was allowed to get away with it? There's some truth there-lol

-So, 'Lady' Cabdriver-you are a man and I don't think you have any idea what female fonts think.

Go away. I mean it. Don't call me out again

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
16,624 360 114
Alleybux
.......and lemme drop this lyric in here, re something i have pointed out b4 -- Ps chronological age Vs the stunted growth he experienced in certain areas until at least his mid 30s, when life dealt him some hard licks, one after the other.
Culminating in the loss of his only close family members, Pops & Mom, who passed within a 6 mnths period. (& he lost Duane, not 2 death, prior 2 that).

Stunted growth... something that's not unheard of on that path...
In show-biz since a teen; managers, assistants, cleaners, chefs, security, publicists, accountants, lawyers, big corps, yes-men/women, women wanna be with u/be put on by u, men want in on the deal, etc etc etc...
Jesse said he didn't even kno how 2 use a washing machine...
Mpls... Big fish. Small pond.
Difficult youth...
Artist...
Show-Biz...
The industry...
Media...
Fame. Big Money. Connections. Influence. Power. Glamour. Hype. Ego.
...Lotta ppl that walked that path frm a young age didn't do too well at the end..., & some of their stories were very short...

He went from Mrs Bernadette's house to......

The Purple Sigmund Frauds have been using, certain lyrics/quotes of Ps, & statements made by *others, ad nausem, for over 35 years...
Here's one they don't cherry-pick...

"If I could talk 2 myself back then right now
I'd say -- Son, u might wanna stick around, something amazing is about 2 go down.
If I could leave myself just 1 little note, 1 that husband's & father's wrote...

● They say -- U need 2 be a superstar or grow up, but not both. No. ●

Made in the image of god's intellect 2 no other man am I the subject.
I am what I am because an effect.
Cause & Effect.
Cause & Effect.
Yeah.

Ladies & gentlemen...
Rock, Roll."

Cause & Effect, 2010.

truth is we coulda lost him long time b4, in more ways than 1, & he needs commending 4 everything he maintained.., holistically, in the face of.., but that's a looong story 4 another time & prob never

Last edited:

BedtimeStories

Only Prince knows for sure.
Reaction score
Reactions
50,009 551 114
Alleybux
Stunted growth... something that's not unheard of on that path...
In show-biz since a teen; managers, assistants, cleaners, chefs, security, publicists, accountants, lawyers, big corps, yes-men/women, women wanna be with u/be put on by u, men want in on the deal, etc etc etc...
Jesse said he didn't even kno how 2 use a washing machine...
Mpls... Big fish. Small pond.
Difficult youth...
Artist...
Show-Biz...
The industry...
Media...
Fame. Big Money. Connections. Influence. Power. Glamour. Hype. Ego.
...Lotta ppl that walked that path frm a young age didn't do too well at the end..., & some of their stories were very short...

He went from Mrs Bernadette's house to......

truth is we coulda lost him long time b4, in more ways than 1, & he needs commending 4 everything he maintained.., holistically, in the face of.., but that's a looong story 4 another time & prob never
Agreed. As you've pointed out, he overcame so much - by himself for the most part - that it's amazing he made it through in the way he did (and for as long as he did). I know people hate Larry, but Larry had an anchoring position in his life when he really needed it and for that, I'm grateful. Whatever Prince got in return from Larry (and his family), he sure didn't get from any of his "friends" or the women in his life, so...

PrinceNelson

Eat your pancakes
Reaction score
Reactions
161,529 17,519 9,416
Alleybux
- that it's amazing he made it through in the way he did (and for as long as he did). I know people hate Larry, but Larry had an anchoring position in his life when he really needed it and for that, I'm grateful. Whatever Prince got in return from Larry (and his family), he sure didn't get from any of his "friends" or the women in his life, so...

I agree. I for one don't know how I would have handled some of the stuff he went through (and there's still so much we don't know and will probably never know). We could have indeed lost him a long time ago. His faith and music kept him going.

News Alley

Ask LSA

General Alley

Top Bottom