Quantcast

Denmark, Norway & Iceland suspends use of AstraZeneca vaccine over “serious cases of blood clots”

Maelin

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
122,052 20,791 366
Alleybux
Denmark suspends use of AstraZeneca COVID vaccine

An unconfirmed number of patients have developed blood clots after receiving the shot, according to health authorities. Iceland and Norway have also stopped administering the shot.

The Danish Health Authority on Thursday halted the use of the AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine for 14 days.

It follows reports of "serious cases of blood clots among vaccinated people," a statement read.

However, the authority stopped short of saying there was a direct link between the vaccine and the blood clots, "at the time being."

"It is currently not possible to conclude whether there is a link. We are acting early, it needs to be thoroughly investigated," Danish Health Minister Magnus Heunicke said on Twitter.

Shortly after the announcement, Iceland and Norway both halted the rollout of the vaccine.

Danish, EU authorities launch an investigation
The Danish Medicines Agency said it had launched an investigation into the vaccine.

The probe is being carried out by corresponding agencies in other EU-countries as well as the European Medicines Agency (EMA).

The EMA is in charge of the evaluation and supervision of medicinal products in the EU.

"Both we and the Danish Medicines Agency have to respond to reports of possible serious side-effects, both from Denmark and other European countries," the director of the Danish Health Authority, Soren Brostrom, said in a statement.​

Denmark suspends use of AstraZeneca COVID vaccine | DW | 11.03.2021

my_marlon

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,274 182 27
Alleybux
Damn, is there a vaccine that hasn’t caused problems yet?

Johnson & Johnson, but it's supposed to have a lower protection rate of like 72% while 100% effective at preventing severe covid and deaths from it. But I don't think people are dying from it.

JohnBrown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,810 1,065 578
Alleybux
Johnson & Johnson, but it's supposed to have a lower protection rate of like 72% while 100% effective at preventing severe covid and deaths from it. But I don't think people are dying from it.
Its new compared to the other vaccines. I would assume we will read similar reports after some million injected doses.

In my eyes serious side effects seem to be rare with all of the vaccines.

Therefore I also take AstraZeneca - even though my favored would have been Biontech/Pfizer and I could easily refuse it now and get Biontech/Pfizer later this year. But I don't want to run around half year being scared every day if I catch the rona or not.

qeisha1995

Uncle Heaux Zaddy
Reaction score
Reactions
111,091 5,135 2,699
Alleybux
All these damn side effects and the clinical trials are nowhere near complete. Imagine what issues will pop up in 5-10 years?

YIKES

Tina J

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
136,917 6,567 2,430
Alleybux
These vaccine threads increase my anxiety levels. The Moderna vaccine is the one people have the most issues with and recently Pfizer is causing unpleasant side effects as well. My grandmother is getting the Johnson one next week which seems to have very minimal side effects. I'm going to cave in and getting vaccinated too since it would be selfish for only her to get it and not me since I live with her and take care of her.

Original

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,431 2,936 3,792
Alleybux
Someone i know got vaccinated on thursday, he was healthy, and died suddenly on sunday...

Luckily my grandma 80+ had no issue, my dad and aunt are going to revacination soon so i am lil worried after hearing about that man and hearing from nurse friends few more people died after vaccine

JohnBrown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,810 1,065 578
Alleybux
All these damn side effects and the clinical trials are nowhere near complete. Imagine what issues will pop up in 5-10 years?

YIKES
Hardly any. Side effects come when you take the stuff, not years later (don't mix it with medicines you take over a long time - this can lead to additional side effects; this stuff you take twice and that's it, well, hopefully).

HipsDontLie

Just here for the mess
Reaction score
Reactions
101,866 6,880 8,130
Alleybux
These vaccines do not prevent transmission or infection. Ya'll fooling yourselves thinking you protecting others by injecting yourself with an experimental unlicensed, still in trails, toxic concoction of bµllsh!t for a virus with a 99.8% survival rate for most people. Turn of the media propaganda, ignore the yt infiltrated covid cult of LSA and their incessant propaganda. They ar urging people to take an unlicensed and rushed out vaccine where the manufacturers are 100% indemnified and YOU take on all the risks. SMH.

HipsDontLie

Just here for the mess
Reaction score
Reactions
101,866 6,880 8,130
Alleybux
Look at all these yummy healthy ingredients ya'll injecting yourself with. Yet we're the crazy ones!
"Inject me with an unlicensed concoction of a bunch of toxic chemicals please so that I can survive a virus with a 99.8% survival rate" LOL a mess!

“This is a unique situation where we as a company simply cannot take the risk if in ... four years the vaccine is showing side effects,” Ruud Dobber, a member of Astra’s senior executive team, told Reuters.

AstraZeneca to be exempt from coronavirus vaccine liability claims in most countries

astraingredients.jpeg
Astraingredients2.jpeg
astraingredients3.jpeg

Love@it

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,018 609 497
Alleybux
Its new compared to the other vaccines. I would assume we will read similar reports after some million injected doses.

In my eyes serious side effects seem to be rare with all of the vaccines.

Therefore I also take AstraZeneca - even though my favored would have been Biontech/Pfizer and I could easily refuse it now and get Biontech/Pfizer later this year. But I don't want to run around half year being scared every day if I catch the rona or not.

J&J vaccine is created in the same vein as the flu vaccine while the other ones are mRNA tech-based I think. My mother canceled her Moderna shot for the J&J one. She was fatigued and had a mild headache for two days. She is feeling better just tired. Whereas, a couple of former coworkers of mine took their second shot of Moderna/Pfizer and have moderate flu-like systems and seem miserable for days.

HipsDontLie

Just here for the mess
Reaction score
Reactions
101,866 6,880 8,130
Alleybux
J&J vaccine is created in the same vein as the flu vaccine while the other ones are mRNA tech-based I think. My mother canceled her Moderna shot for the J&J one. She was fatigued and had a mild headache for two days. She is feeling better just tired. Whereas, a couple of former coworkers of mine took their second shot of Moderna/Pfizer and have moderate flu-like systems and seem miserable for days.
Not really. J&J is what is known as a "viral vector" vaccine.
There are no FDA approved viral vector vaccines publicly available in th U.S It is more similar to the Aztrazeneca vaccine than the influenza vaccine as they both are viral vector vaccines.

Basically they use a Chimpanzee virus to deliver the gene that encodes for the sar2 spike protein to our cells.

Just like the other Sars2 injections, there is limited evidence that the vaccine prevents transmission or infection of Sars2.

Love@it

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,018 609 497
Alleybux
Not really. J&J is what is known as a "viral vector" vaccine.
There are no FDA approved viral vector vaccines publicly available in th U.S It is more similar to the Aztrazeneca vaccine than the influenza vaccine as they both are viral vector vaccines.

Basically they use a Chimpanzee virus to deliver the gene that encodes for the sar2 spike protein to our cells.

Just like the other Sars2 injections, there is limited evidence that the vaccine prevents transmission or infection of Sars2.

Thanks. J&J seems to be a sounder choice with milder side effects.

Reaction score
Reactions
4,317 94 39
Alleybux
Hardly any. Side effects come when you take the stuff, not years later (don't mix it with medicines you take over a long time - this can lead to additional side effects; this stuff you take twice and that's it, well, hopefully).

I don't think anyone can conclusively state that there are hardly any long-term side-effects. I have been told by an immunologist that there could be long-term side effects associated with inflammation triggered by the vaccine, such as arthritis.

Please refer to the fallout from the Swine Flu vaccine Pandemrix, which was also rushed out in 2009 and has had unfortunate permanent side-effects in some people.

At the time, the UK's head of immunisations stated that he "believed a normal clinical trial would have been too small to pick up the problems with Pandemrix. Given its rarity, any excess risk could only be detected after huge population exposure done through post-marketing surveillance" - basically, the clinical trial stage for vaccines only picks up on any immediate risks. Longer-term risks will only be picked up once mass vaccination has taken place.

Granted the numbers of people affected are not huge, but it just illustrates that long-term and debilitating side effects can occur:

These NHS Staff Were Told The Swine Flu Vaccine Was Safe, And Now They're Suffering The Consequences

Please also refer to this video where Oxford University's Evolutionary Virologist states very clearly at the 0:16 mark that "we still look at these vaccines as stage 4 trial":

There is obviously the possibility that the vaccine may cause adverse reactions only in people with known or unknown underlying conditions, such as, for example, those with autoimmune disease:

Reaction of Human Monoclonal Antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 Proteins With Tissue Antigens: Implications for Autoimmune Diseases

Regarding whether or not the vaccine will be a one-off thing or ongoing like the current influenza vaccine, there are several reports indicating that people are likely to need annual booster shots.

People should research, consult with a qualified and experienced professional, and come to your own conclusion about the vaccine. Do not be motivated by fear, uncertainty, and especially not financial incentives to take it.

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
659,147 274,742 8,222
Alleybux
It was 37 cases out of more than 17 million vaccinations where bloodclots were detected up to march 8 in the UK and EU.

The Medical Products Agency and the European Medicines Agency (EMA) have previously stated that Astra Zeneca's vaccine does not increase the risk of blood clots.

Minus

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,263 197 67
Alleybux
I’m not taking sh!t. I don’t even have health insurance. What if something goes wrong? Whose paying my medical expenses because you sure can’t sue :waiting