Quantcast

DEONTAY WILDER OFFERS JOSHUA 50 MILLION TO FIGHT

RedMoney

Ghost
Reaction score
Reactions
67,086 2,620 2,007
Alleybux
If AJ does not work out a deal based on this offer, he is clearly ducking Wilder to me.

--

Heavyweight world titleholder Deontay Wilder and his team made a counter offer via email to unified titlist Anthony Joshua and his promoter, Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Boxing, on Wednesday for a much-anticipated undisputed championship fight, Shelly Finkel, one of Wilder’s managers, told ESPN. Finkel said they offered Joshua and Hearn $50 million against 50 percent of revenue the event would generate, meaning Joshua’s side would make no less than $50 million and could earn much more if the fight generates more than the $100 million Finkel said Team Wilder believes it can. Finkel said the offer contains no rematch clause and that it stipulates that the fight be next for each man and take place between September and December at a site of Wilder's choosing. The offer was a counter to the $12.5 million flat fee Hearn offered Wilder earlier this month. Hearn confirmed to ESPN he has received the offer.

Heavyweight world titleholder Deontay Wilder and his team made a counter offer via email to unified titlist Anthony Joshua and his promoter, Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Boxing, on Wednesday for a much-anticipated undisputed championship fight, Shelly Finkel, one of Wilder’s managers, told ESPN. Finkel said they offered Joshua and Hearn $50 million against 50 percent of revenue the event would generate, meaning Joshua’s side would make no less than $50 million and could earn much more if the fight generates more than the $100 million Finkel said Team Wilder believes it can. Finkel said the offer contains no rematch clause and that it stipulates that the fight be next for each man and take place between September and December at a site of Wilder's choosing. The offer was a counter to the $12.5 million flat fee Hearn offered Wilder earlier this month. Hearn confirmed to ESPN he has received the offer.

----

IIOO

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,793 11,772 29,821
Alleybux
He’s ducking, for sure. He claimed in one interview that he’d want the $50 million upfront since some people are saying that this could be a $100M fight.

He comes across as fake. I think Deontay sparks him in six rounds.

RedMoney

Ghost
Reaction score
Reactions
67,086 2,620 2,007
Alleybux
He’s ducking, for sure. He claimed in one interview that he’d want the $50 million upfront since some people are saying that this could be a $100M fight.

He comes across as fake. I think Deontay sparks him in six rounds.
Bingo. 50 M assured plus 50% if fight makes over 100M. He passes on this fight now. He ducking. Wilder called there bluff.

RedMoney

Ghost
Reaction score
Reactions
67,086 2,620 2,007
Alleybux
He don’t want no smoke with the Alabama Slammer.
He said he wants to unify. This fight in America would do major numbers. His response will show if he is all talk or not. This will make him look bad because this is split and not flat fee. This is real offer for a major PPV fight. Want to see what the AJ protectors say.

Paulainit

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
944 11 5
Alleybux
based on this offer though, given Wilder claims he is sure it will generate more than $100million that would me they get an equal payday... I don't think the appeal for both is equal... and based on the contract it is more favoured to Wilder...

I thin the flat fee for Wilder is low but it is also more than he has ever made and will ever hope to make without Joshua...

RedMoney

Ghost
Reaction score
Reactions
67,086 2,620 2,007
Alleybux
based on this offer though, given Wilder claims he is sure it will generate more than $100million that would me they get an equal payday... I don't think the appeal for both is equal... and based on the contract it is more favoured to Wilder...

I thin the flat fee for Wilder is low but it is also more than he has ever made and will ever hope to make without Joshua...
AJ protector. Excuses. Excuses. SMH. LOL. American PPV and American Gate make more then UK.

Paulainit

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
944 11 5
Alleybux
AJ protector. Excuses. Excuses. SMH. LOL. American PPV and American Gate make more then UK.

Protector of what exactly?

There is nothing that I said that was untrue... No one disputes US Pay per View USUALLY makes more money... but show me one fight involving Wilder that proves your assertion true?

RedMoney

Ghost
Reaction score
Reactions
67,086 2,620 2,007
Alleybux
Protector of what exactly?

There is nothing that I said that was untrue... No one disputes US Pay per View USUALLY makes more money... but show me one fight involving Wilder that proves your assertion true?

You protecting AJ and coming up with excuses for him not to fight Wilder. What number did Canelo do before he fought Floyd. What PPV number did FLoyd do until he fought Oscar. What Numbers did GGG do until he fought Canelo.

Al Haymon is the man behind all the biggest fights in boxing history. This fight will be huge. Showtime/CBS will promote the hell out this fight. This 2M plus PPV fight and possible 40M or more gate in vegas.

TitansDon

Korean Dude
Reaction score
Reactions
591 25 12
Alleybux
I dont think either guy is afraid or ducking the other. The reality is, the top level, elite fighters aren’t scared to fight one another (with a few exceptions of course) but the politics of boxing is tough. Fighters are scared of losing that earning power of the L.

I do believe Hearn wants to milk Joshua for everything he’s got, so he is really the guy responsible for Joshua looking like he is ducking.

Think about it this way, Joshua can fight any top 15ish contender and destroy him for a good 10m a couple times a year. If he loses to Wilder, it changes his earning power ability immensely.

He wants to squeeze everything he can out of Joshua until he has no choice but to fight Wilder...And I do think Wilder wins.

RedMoney

Ghost
Reaction score
Reactions
67,086 2,620 2,007
Alleybux
I dont think either guy is afraid or ducking the other. The reality is, the top level, elite fighters aren’t scared to fight one another (with a few exceptions of course) but the politics of boxing is tough. Fighters are scared of losing that earning power of the L.

I do believe Hearn wants to milk Joshua for everything he’s got, so he may be in on the duck. Think about it this way, Joshua can fight any top 15ish contender and destroy him for a good 10m a couple times a year. If he loses to Wilder, it changes his earning power ability immensely.

He wants to squeeze everything he can out of Joshua until he has no choice but to fight Wilder...And I do think Wilder wins.
He can keep fighting in the UK but the longer he ducks wilder the worse he looks in the sport and with his fans which will hurt his bottom line. AJ says he wants to be unified champ and this is his chance.

Only major big money fights in HW Boxing includes Fury, Wilder, and AJ.

TitansDon

Korean Dude
Reaction score
Reactions
591 25 12
Alleybux
He can keep fighting in the UK but the longer he ducks wilder the worse he looks in the sport and with his fans which will hurt his bottom line. AJ says he wants to be unified champ and this is his chance.

Only major big money fights in HW Boxing includes Fury, Wilder, and AJ.

See I think Joshua would take the fight. It is his promoter, Hearn, that I am not sure about. He probably wants him to fight his mandatory with short armed PEDVetkin who wont even be able to touch Joshua and is really no risk at all.

Its funny, them UK fans are loyal to a fault. They stay loyal to UK fighters, so I dont think it would hurt Joshua as bad as in other area fan bases. sh!t, They’ll still make Khan Brooke a superfight, which is insanity.

RedMoney

Ghost
Reaction score
Reactions
67,086 2,620 2,007
Alleybux
See I think Joshua would take the fight. It is his promoter, Hearn, that I am not sure about. He probably wants him to fight his mandatory with short armed PEDVetkin who wont even be able to touch Joshua and is really no risk at all.

Its funny, them UK fans are loyal to a fault. They stay loyal to UK fighters, so I dont think it would hurt Joshua as bad as in other area fan bases. sh!t, They’ll still make Khan Brooke a superfight, which is insanity.
AJ losing does not hurt him in my view. AJ lose he still get love in UK and has big fight he can make. Whyte 2 and Fury. Wilder has more to lose in my view. This is his chance to break through and get the world attention. Also this fight will make so much money they will have to do it twice.

I agree 100 percent Eddie is worried because he been getting over on AJ. Haymon make sure there a proper accounting for gate unlike AJ fights. Eddie is already talking about wanting to know where the money is coming from and being able to see it. Also look like this offer make Eddie co promoter instead of lead.

TERRASTAR18

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
174,899 5,785 4,542
Alleybux
i like both but pull for wilder more. that being said, that is a lowball. they can each get 60-80 million plus per fight and a total of sub 200 million for a trilogy. 1 in tuscaloosa, 1 at wembley, 3 at the highest bidder.

RedMoney

Ghost
Reaction score
Reactions
67,086 2,620 2,007
Alleybux
i like both but pull for wilder more. that being said, that is a lowball. they can each get 60-80 million plus per fight and a total of sub 200 million for a trilogy. 1 in tuscaloosa, 1 at wembley, 3 at the highest bidder.
Lowball? SMH. 50M plus more if fight does over 100M. Vegas is where the big money is at for tickets and US PPV. I would love trilogy. However this is at least 2 fights

TERRASTAR18

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
174,899 5,785 4,542
Alleybux
Lowball? SMH. 50M plus more if fight does over 100M. Vegas is where the big money is at for tickets and US PPV. I would love trilogy. However this is at least 2 fights
jopshua is being offered 500 million to sign a multi fight deal with dana white. 50 is chump change. aj makes about 30 plus on average. wilder has never made more than 5. aj has soldout stadiums.

RedMoney

Ghost
Reaction score
Reactions
67,086 2,620 2,007
Alleybux
jopshua is being offered 500 million to sign a multi fight deal with dana white. 50 is chump change. aj makes about 30 plus on average. wilder has never made more than 5. aj has soldout stadiums.
This is biggest fight in boxing. 150-200M fight. Sorry you feel it is chump change. A bird in the hand is always worth more then 2 in the bush.

TERRASTAR18

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
174,899 5,785 4,542
Alleybux
This is biggest fight in boxing. 150-200M fight. Sorry you feel it is chump change. A bird in the hand is always worth more then 2 in the bush.
It is chump change when he is the bigger draw. I'm more of a Wilder fan but he is not the draw that AJ is right now. Like I said earlier, AJ should at least get 80 million.

RedMoney

Ghost
Reaction score
Reactions
67,086 2,620 2,007
Alleybux
It is chump change when he is the bigger draw. I'm more of a Wilder fan but he is not the draw that AJ is right now. Like I said earlier, AJ should at least get 80 million.

For all the talk of AJ being a draw which I agree. His tickets for those 90K average around 50 to 100 bucks. He has yet to top the top 10 in revenue for fights.
80M? Do you understand the only people who got that kind of money fought in fights put on by Al Haymon who is WIlder mang and all those fights happened in vegas. So if AJ ever wants to top 15-20M he makes per fight he has to fight someone big like Wilder in vegas. 20M and huge crowds are good but making 50M or more is greater in 20K arena in vegas.

TERRASTAR18

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
174,899 5,785 4,542
Alleybux
For all the talk of AJ being a draw which I agree. His tickets for those 90K average around 50 to 100 bucks. He has yet to top the top 10 in revenue for fights.
80M? Do you understand the only people who got that kind of money fought in fights put on by Al Haymon who is WIlder mang and all those fights happened in vegas. So if AJ ever wants to top 15-20M he makes per fight he has to fight someone big like Wilder in vegas. 20M and huge crowds are good but making 50M or more is greater in 20K arena in vegas.
Wilder has made less than 5 million per fight. AJ has gotten 35 plus. AJ is the draw but both only get in this discussion because of their feud and the hw title. Neither are at the level of Mayweather or Manny.