Quantcast

Devoin on Kail Lowry’s Podcast: The Coven Tricked Him Out of Being on Nova's Birth Certificate

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
659,191 274,779 8,222
Alleybux
‘Teen Mom 2′ Dad Devoin Austin Appears on Kail Lowry’s Podcast: Says Briana DeJesus’ Family Tricked Him Out of Being on Daughter Nova’s Birth Certificate

devoin-austin-kail-lowry-coffee-convos.png

“We’d like to dedicate this episode to Briana.”

Kail Lowry surprised her podcast listeners (and likely sent the DeJesus crew into an tizzy) on Thursday when she dropped an episode of Coffee Convos featuring Devoin Austin – the baby daddy of her Teen Mom 2 co-star (and known nemesis) Briana DeJesus.

During the podcast episode, Devoin spilled plenty of tea about Briana, her family and how he feels MTV and the DeJesus family have done him dirty over the years, starting with Bri’s 16 and Pregnant episode. Devoin was happy to tell the real reason he is not on his daughter Nova’s birth certificate!

Given Kail and Briana’s rocky past, as well as Devoin’s frequent social media feuds with his baby mama, some considered the move to be a bit calculated on Kail and Devoin’s parts.

“Waiting on Brianna to post a #linkinbio about how pissed she is,” one person wrote in the comment section of Kail’s post about Devoin’s appearance on the show.

However, Kail told Us Weekly the real reason she chose to have Devoin on the podcast.

LINK

“I was happy to give Devoin a platform to tell his story,” she told the outlet. “Him and his girlfriend are so sweet. I loved getting to hear his perspective on coparenting and his experience on the show. I wish them nothing but the best and all the success on his wing business.”

Similarly, Devoin said he accepted Kail and co-host Lindsie Chrisley’s invite to do the podcast as a way to promote himself and what he has going on.

“I want to start this off by thanking Kailyn and Lindsie for inviting me on the podcast,” he said in a statement. “They were very welcoming and they listened to what I had to say. It felt great to get some things off my chest. There wasn’t any pressure to bash anyone or anything like that.”

While Devoin wasn’t pressured to bash anyone, he did want to set the record straight on those who have bashed him in the past – namely Briana and her family. While talking to Kail and Lindsie about some of the mistreatment he feels he has received from the DeJesus crew, he used Briana’s “16 & Pregnant” episode as an example.

“Like, when Nova was first born, they said on national television that I went to play basketball,” he said. “Dude, I was downstairs in the hospital.”

16-and-pregnant-briana-roxanne-dejesus.png

They may have mentioned it a few times…

“They drew animated me and I jumped out the window like a f**king lunatic, like a young Black guy that just wanna play basketball when his daughter was born. That’s what happened to me,” Devoin said.

16-and-Pregnant-Briana-DeJesus-Devoin-Austin.png

He wasn’t kidding about this either.

Devoin said he was in the room when Nova was born (which actually was shown on “16 & Pregnant”) and afterwards, Briana’s mom Roxanne insisted that he “go change clothes” because he had been at the hospital for so long.

Instead of heading home, Devoin said he went downstairs to the hospital cafeteria for about 30 minutes and when he returned, he was met with an unpleasant surprise after asking if “the lady with the birth certificate” had come into Briana’s room yet.

“ … Roxanne asked me, ‘Why?’ Meaning they already signed it, my name’s not on it,” he said.

16-and-pregnant-briana-dejesus-nova.png

Devoin admitted that he “got pissed” at this point and Briana’s family ended up calling security on him. (This was mentioned on ‘”16 & Pregnant,” the real reason he was mad–regarding the birth certificate— was not.)

Briana and her family have yet to speak out on the podcast episode or Devoin’s story about the birth certificate.

Listen to the full Coffee Convos episode in the source below!

‘Teen Mom 2′ Dad Devoin Austin Appears on Kail Lowry’s Podcast: Says Briana DeJesus’ Family Tricked Him Out of Being on Daughter Nova’s Birth Certificate

BIGBAC

the biggest bac
Reaction score
Reactions
25,115 918 816
Alleybux
wow Devoin, not you chillin with big kail! this black history month was disrespectful

:Axel:

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
61,859 1,016 619
Alleybux
He hasn't been sh!t since Nova's birth. He pops up when cameras are around and they treated his dumbass with kid gloves. He shouldn't be around as inconsistent/drunk as he has always been. He should be working to pay his back child support instead of joining Kail's petty bµllsh!t.

NopeNotMe

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
34,173 1,469 420
Alleybux
He hasn't been sh!t since Nova's birth. He pops up when cameras are around and they treated his dumbass with kid gloves. He shouldn't be around as inconsistent/drunk as he has always been. He should be working to pay his back child support instead of joining Kail's petty bµllsh!t.

THIS. He’s a deadbeat who only came back around when mtv cameras came back around and all he does is play the victim. It’s insane how delusional he is about his role in everything. No accountability at all. He barely saw his kid for years but a birth certificate matters? It’s obvious that he’s trying to sway public opinion in his favor but anyone with common sense sees him for what he is.

Last edited:

TitsMcGhee

Corona Coochie
Reaction score
Reactions
177,914 2,441 813
Alleybux
This is why I don’t feel much (if any) sympathy for Devoin. The coven isn’t sh!t and that’s evident, but running to abusive racist ass Kailyn to talk about how he didn’t bring his own family to the hospital and make sure he signed the birth certificate himself is just messy. Why get upset when you can go see the nurse to ask about the situation? Why not correct the situation before now? Devoin always has an excuse about why something doesn’t happen and it ties back to what people won’t let him do... meanwhile prior to the past maybe 2 years, we saw more scenes with him and his friends than with Nova.

GoBeDo

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,219 420 356
Alleybux
Doesn't Brianna's other daughter sometimes call him dad? I'm not saying he's father of year but he seems to be involved and sees his daughter regularly. He's around enough that the other one might think he's her dad too.

Brianna, her mother, and sister clearly have a very toxic codependent dysfunctional relationship though. Instead of going on Kail's podcast, he needs to do MORE for his child, and work out a fair custody agreement that would allow him and his family (if they are decent) to be more involved and counteract what's happening in his daughter's primary household.

MARY SIBLEY

“Elaine Parks alter”
Reaction score
Reactions
79,535 7,445 6,705
Alleybux
Well, you can just go to the nurse and tell her you want to sign the birth certificate!

Devoin and Briana play cat & mouse with the birth certificate and legal child support order!

They both need to shut up.

She gets whatever $5 he throws at her and he gets whatever paternity rights she allows him.

They both avoid the courts at ALL costs!

And, Nova is the sweetest prettiest little girl. Hope she excels at her gymnastics.......and, gets away from her parents.

NopeNotMe

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
34,173 1,469 420
Alleybux
Doesn't Brianna's other daughter sometimes call him dad? I'm not saying he's father of year but he seems to be involved and sees his daughter regularly. He's around enough that the other one might think he's her dad too.

Brianna, her mother, and sister clearly have a very toxic codependent dysfunctional relationship though. Instead of going on Kail's podcast, he needs to do MORE for his child, and work out a fair custody agreement that would allow him and his family (if they are decent) to be more involved and counteract what's happening in his daughter's primary household.

When cameras are around Devoin shows up to functions...sometimes. So the toddler sees him more than she sees her deadbeat father Luis. And she sees Nova calling Devoin dad so she calls him that as well.

Mean.Girl

Waiting on this roller set...... Diva status..
OLDHEAD
SUPER MODERATOR
Reaction score
Reactions
164,547 277 159
Alleybux
i believe they didnt want him to sign.

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
659,191 274,779 8,222
Alleybux
can he petition to have the birth certificate changed? That is messed up for her family to do.

They would need a DNA test and go to court. He would probably have to fight Briana on that one but at the same time if he does that he has parental rights but also have to pay child support acc to the court decision.

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
659,191 274,779 8,222
Alleybux

All we have to go on is Briana's word and she is not always reliable. The proof in the article shows the production twist the truth a lot.

jasminecrocks

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
181,005 4,929 576
Alleybux
By no means is Devoin perfect, but he tries. TM production is trash for manipulating situations like they do. I hope he continues to step up for Nova and I also hope Briana doesn't have anymore kids. Stella has already expressed that she doesn't like her dad and wishes Devoin was her dad; just sad.

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
61,859 1,016 619
Alleybux
All we have to go on is Briana's word and she is not always reliable. The proof in the article shows the production twist the truth a lot.

No I'm going on his own behavior and own words. The man is a deadbeat. He seems like he'd be a nice enough friend but he is no father and his effort is laughable. I know alot of ppl hate the Coven. They are not perfect and Brianna is awful at times but this doesn't change the fact that Devoin was chronically absent/unemployed/never went to court for visitation/was drunk watching his child at a pool on camera etc.

People give him a pass because he isnt an asshole and is kind around Nova...sh!t even Stella.That doesn't make a good father.

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
659,191 274,779 8,222
Alleybux
No I'm going on his own behavior and own words. The man is a deadbeat. He seems like he'd be a nice enough friend but he is no father and his effort is laughable. I know alot of ppl hate the Coven. They are not perfect and Brianna is awful at times but this doesn't change the fact that Devoin was chronically absent/unemployed/never went to court for visitation/was drunk watching his child at a pool on camera etc.

People give him a pass because he isnt an asshole and is kind around Nova...sh!t even Stella.That doesn't make a good father.

He lost his job due to the pandemic. Briana doesn't want him to go to court because if he does she lose the power to decide over him and when he can see the kid. In order to get visitation paternity has to be established and with that comes parental rights and court ordered child support and custody agreements. She decides what activities and other costs their daughter will have without checking with him first and then she's mad he can not pay.

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
61,859 1,016 619
Alleybux
He lost his job due to the pandemic. Briana doesn't want him to go to court because if he does she lose the power to decide over him and when he can see the kid. In order to get visitation paternity has to be established and with that comes parental rights and court ordered child support and custody agreements. She decides what activities and other costs their daughter will have without checking with him first and then she's mad he can not pay.

I'm speaking before the pandemic. How old is Nova. 9 years old. This is not a new a child. These failings occurred often and well before the rona hit. Idgaf if Briana doesn't want him to go to court this is about him and his child. Briana is awful we can agree but please dont use her to absolve him of 9 years of bµllsh!t. I've watched from the beginning and peeped his behavior off the show. This is a deadbeat.

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
659,191 274,779 8,222
Alleybux
I'm speaking before the pandemic. How old is Nova. 9 years old. This is not a new a child. These failings occurred often and well before the rona hit. Idgaf if Briana doesn't want him to go to court this is about him and his child. Briana is awful we can agree but please dont use her to absolve him of 9 years of bµllsh!t. I've watched from the beginning and peeped his behavior off the show. This is a deadbeat.
I agree he was a deadbeat but not anymore.

TitsMcGhee

Corona Coochie
Reaction score
Reactions
177,914 2,441 813
Alleybux
Exactly. Devoin is still making the same tired excuses about what Briana won’t let happen. Take her ass to court and get your rights established. Reality tv isn’t reality so we know how that goes. But nobody is about to coddle Devoin because he acts more like his daughter’s big brother than her father

Where the heck is his family to back him up? Hell go on Paternity court if you have to.

miss5752020

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,312 1,109 356
Alleybux
I think Devoin is doing a great job and being there for Nova, I feel he has matured since he was a teen. Him being a bum and all is done intentionally so Briana would have a storyline, without him they would both be broke.

Also love how Devoin steps up and takes care of Stella even though she is not his own.

jasminecrocks

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
181,005 4,929 576
Alleybux
I think Devoin is doing a great job and being there for Nova, I feel he has matured since he was a teen. Him being a bum and all is done intentionally so Briana would have a storyline, without him they would both be broke.

Also love how Devoin steps up and takes care of Stella even though she is not his own.

It's unfortunate that people run with the narrative presented on an overly produced TV show. Nova knows and loves her dad, which is the most important thing.

miss5752020

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,312 1,109 356
Alleybux
It's unfortunate that people run with the narrative presented on an overly produced TV show. Nova knows and loves her dad, which is the most important thing.
Exactly, you can easily see the difference in Nova's personality and behaviour when she's with Devoin she seems much more happier because she's a daddy's girl. When Nova is a lot older and watches teen mom and reads articles she's gonna be hurt as they're all lies. A lot of people cannot tell the difference between fabrication and reality for sure.

miss5752020

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,312 1,109 356
Alleybux
I know Bri and her family would pull something like this.
These women are so toxic, I have a feeling Roxanne told Brianna to not put his name on the birth certificate until she found a better guy who could act as a father, similar to what she did to Brittany.

MiyahLee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
117,239 8,764 8,258
Alleybux
Not people in here upset because Devoin went on Kails podcast.

Joe are yall going to jokd devoin accountable and not Briana? Devoin wasn't in Nova's life for I think 2 or 3 years, after that he stepped up. Briana never parented her children. Briana mogher and sister did. Briana brought her man a rifle but claim she doesn't have money to give to for Nova's gymnastic which she signed her up for.

Nova seems really happy when she's around Devoin.

miss5752020

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,312 1,109 356
Alleybux
Not people in here upset because Devoin went on Kails podcast.

Joe are yall going to jokd devoin accountable and not Briana? Devoin wasn't in Nova's life for I think 2 or 3 years, after that he stepped up. Briana never parented her children. Briana mogher and sister did. Briana brought her man a rifle but claim she doesn't have money to give to for Nova's gymnastic which she signed her up for.

Nova seems really happy when she's around Devoin.

Devoin wasn't active in Nova's early years but it was portrayed wrong, the reason being Brianna's family were interferring and poisoning her mind, he didn't know his rights and he was still growing up and trying to navigate the world.

Brianna makes me sick she's earning so much money from MTV but acts like she's broke, especially when she has no problem spending it on plastic surgery. That's not even a necessity.

ReinaDuNord

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
34,610 730 314
Alleybux
This is why I don’t feel much (if any) sympathy for Devoin. The coven isn’t sh!t and that’s evident, but running to abusive racist ass Kailyn to talk about how he didn’t bring his own family to the hospital and make sure he signed the birth certificate himself is just messy. Why get upset when you can go see the nurse to ask about the situation? Why not correct the situation before now? Devoin always has an excuse about why something doesn’t happen and it ties back to what people won’t let him do... meanwhile prior to the past maybe 2 years, we saw more scenes with him and his friends than with Nova.

Why assume that at 18, 19 he knew what to do?

Why do y’all act like the individuals filming control what you see and not PRODUCTION? Every single dad has spilled tea on how manipulative production is. Even several of the moms have told y’all how their footage is manipulated. Yeah, MTV is promoting Bri’s version of life.

Also, if you listened or read he said he does not like filming when he has Nova because she behaves differently when the cameras are around and production (!!) tries to control scenes for footage. Vs him spending time with his child.

Don’t you see that Jo does not film his time with his son? Javi does not film his time with his son? Corey does not film time with his children?

jasminecrocks

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
181,005 4,929 576
Alleybux
If I could I would love to stop by his food truck his food looks delicious, I also love the way he washed the chicken.
Yes, next time he just needs to wash his hands between touching the chicken and the seasonings, but it's his house so...lol I'd still eat it.

TitsMcGhee

Corona Coochie
Reaction score
Reactions
177,914 2,441 813
Alleybux
Why assume that at 18, 19 he knew what to do?

Why do y’all act like the individuals filming control what you see and not PRODUCTION? Every single dad has spilled tea on how manipulative production is. Even several of the moms have told y’all how their footage is manipulated. Yeah, MTV is promoting Bri’s version of life.

Also, if you listened or read he said he does not like filming when he has Nova because she behaves differently when the cameras are around and production (!!) tries to control scenes for footage. Vs him spending time with his child.

Don’t you see that Jo does not film his time with his son? Javi does not film his time with his son? Corey does not film time with his children?
Again if he didn’t know what to do, he could’ve brought a family member with him. They could’ve withheld consent to being filmed and still made sure he handled his business. I’m not absolving the DeJesus family nor production of anything but there are some things that are inexcusable, like him using them as the reason he’s not on her birth certificate when she’s, what, 9 years old?

This is real life and if he wanted this handled, even in the days/months after Nova was born, it could’ve been handled with some guidance from family. None of these kids acted responsibly in the early years because they were kids. But Devoin is now coming out with every excuse in the book despite the fact that he put himself in the position to be poorly depicted several times, just like every other man on this show.

AngelicaPickles

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
258,106 18,352 2,704
Alleybux
These women are so toxic, I have a feeling Roxanne told Brianna to not put his name on the birth certificate until she found a better guy who could act as a father, similar to what she did to Brittany.
Omg. Roxanne is so damn Toxic. I bet Brianna would do that to her kids. Pretend some random ass man was the father and hide it like Roxanne did. This family is toxic. I hope Nova decides to step away and be with her father's side.

AngelicaPickles

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
258,106 18,352 2,704
Alleybux
They would need a DNA test and go to court. He would probably have to fight Briana on that one but at the same time if he does that he has parental rights but also have to pay child support acc to the court decision.
He needs his name on her birth certificate. What if something happens to him or Brianna. No way in hell should Roxanne get Nova

TitsMcGhee

Corona Coochie
Reaction score
Reactions
177,914 2,441 813
Alleybux
He needs his name on her birth certificate. What if something happens to him or Brianna. No way in hell should Roxanne get Nova
This is how he needs to be thinking instead of running to podcasts. At this point there’s no reason why he can’t do this now.

AngelicaPickles

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
258,106 18,352 2,704
Alleybux
This is how he needs to be thinking instead of running to podcasts. At this point there’s no reason why he can’t do this now.

I don't understand this game they play. It's dangerous. Who cares what Brianna wants. It's his kid too. Nova loves her dad. Ain't no reason why a custody order isn't in place and his name not on her birth certificate. Do it now