Quantcast

Did anyone actually grow their hair with fermented rice water?

Didimimi

President of the LSA History Art and Culture Club
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
131,285 7,861 2,321
Alleybux
I just watched the video of the Yao women again...I remember rice water was big deal a while ago. I’ve never seen any results.
Did anyone actually grow their hair long, black and shinny?
if yes, then what type and porosity of hair do you have? What did you do?

NaptrulyMe

"I'M PLACING PETTY FONTS ON IGNORE"
Reaction score
Reactions
6,674 108 114
Alleybux
I just watched the video of the Yao women again...I remember rice water was big deal a while ago. I’ve never seen any results.
Did anyone actually grow their hair long, black and shinny?
if yes, then what type and porosity of hair do you have? What did you do?
I use rice water off and on (white & black rice). I cannot really say this helped with growth because I was using other diy remedies for the health of my hair/scalp such as coffee oil, onion juice and scalp scrubs (including doing the banding method with my twists, braids or plaits during bedtime). Yet, I saw positive results. My hair became thicker and my curls became more defined. I cut my hair to shoulder length due to breakage and thinning (health issues and medications). When I got a silk press a year before last, (in 2019) I went to a stylist (Dominican) and she cut my hair to shoulder length. By the time I revert my hair back into its natural texture, it was up to ear length (to my ear lobes).

In 2020, I silk press my own hair and it was back to bra strap length (same length before the stylist cut it). Anyway, I don't know how much it has grown since then because I decided to not straighten my hair again until my next nappanniversity (Oct 28th 2021).

I guess it does works!? Maybe all the diy ayurvedic products contribute to my hair growth? I became fully ayurvedic with my haircare products. Btw, I have high porosity, fine strands, medium density and multiple textures.

Last edited:

Soul2Soul

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
36,911 2,179 529
Alleybux
I have low porosity hair and I've used rice water. I didn't do anything elaborate. I used only organic rice and distilled water. My hair did grow -- not as thick as I would like -- but I did get the length.

I noticed this after about two weeks after the initial application. I can't use this every week, because it dries out my hair, but every now and then, I'll use the rice mixture.

NaptrulyMe

Reaction score
Reactions
6,674 108 114
Alleybux
I forgot to say that I took a supplement (multivitamins) and I was using a biotin (Renpure) shampoo and conditioner too. Recently, I changed my supplement to vitamin C, vitamin D3 and MSM. Also, I drink health smoothies for breakfast sometimes for brunch.

Aems

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
175,081 3,911 1,715
Alleybux
Fermented rice water did nothing for me but stink up the place. I prefer the inversion method. It's quicker and you don't have to waste food to do it, but to each their own!

Last edited:

JaydeJones

Beyonce's Wind Machine
Reaction score
Reactions
41,233 937 416
Alleybux
I did notice growth with it...like an immediate growth spurt about 2-4 weeks after first using and also my edges grew in a lot faster and thicker than normal after I trashed them with relaxer

I think it does work

NaptrulyMe

Reaction score
Reactions
6,674 108 114
Alleybux
TIp: If you want to try fermented rice water, use black rice instead of white or jasmine rice.

Also, let it ferment for 12 hours instead of 24 hrs. Add 10-20 drops of an essential oil (or use multiple of essential oils) to the rice water so it won't be so smelly. You don't have to let it ferment longer than 12 hrs. in order for it to be effective. In addition, make sure you add distilled water (or bottle water) with the rice (including after the water is fermented). because it is highly concentrated.

Last edited:

Agent Syd

If I'm on timeout, it's because I called out a yt
Reaction score
Reactions
150,201 5,125 2,822
Alleybux
People need to use glutinous rice instead of rice from the shop. That's where people go wrong

Thanks for this tip! Is there a difference in benefits or nutrients between glutinous rice and regular rice?

SoyTres

Medium Risk Offender - Monthly Monitoring Required
Reaction score
Reactions
205,858 8,387 2,787
Alleybux
No, rice did not work for me.

Homemade fenugreek oil, with a mix of olive and avocado oil work wonders for me. I also steam my hair multiple times a week.

Last edited:

LuxuriousDee

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
57,455 3,720 3,913
Alleybux
Thanks for this tip! Is there a difference in benefits or nutrients between glutinous rice and regular rice?
The proteins you are looking for are in those. The rice those Asian women buy are the Asian glutinous ones, not the ones in your local store

NaptrulyMe

Reaction score
Reactions
6,674 108 114
Alleybux
The proteins you are looking for are in those. The rice those Asian women buy are the Asian glutinous ones, not the ones in your local store
Right!! This is why I prefer Black Rice.

Also called forbidden or purple rice, black rice is a type of rice that belongs to the Oryza sativa L. species.

Black rice gets its signature black-purple color from a pigment called anthocyanin, which has potent antioxidant properties.

In ancient China, it’s said that black rice was considered so unique and nutritious that it was forbidden for all but royalty.

More info about black rice here.

11 Surprising Benefits and Uses of Black Rice

Didimimi

Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
131,285 7,861 2,321
Alleybux
No, rice did not work for me.

Homemade fenugreek oil, with a mix of olive and avocado oil work wonders for me. I also steam my hair multiple times a week.
I have Fenugreek water here, I’m never consistent with it. What is your porosity?

Didimimi

Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
131,285 7,861 2,321
Alleybux
I use rice water off and on (white & black rice). I cannot really say this helped with growth because I was using other diy remedies for the health of my hair/scalp such as coffee oil (including doing the banding method with my twists, braids or plaits during bedtime). Yet, I saw positive results. My hair became thicker and my curls became more defined. I cut my hair to shoulder length due to breakage and thinning (health issues and medications). When I got a silk press a year before last, (in 2019) I went to a stylist (Dominican) and she cut my hair to shoulder length. By the time I revert my hair back into its natural texture, it was up to ear length (to my ear lobes).

In 2020, I silk press my own hair and it was back to bra strap length (same length before the stylist cut it). Anyway, I don't know how much it has grown since then because I decided to not straighten my hair again until my next nappanniversity (Oct 28th 2021).

I guess it does works!? Maybe all the diy ayurvedic products contribute to my hair growth? I became fully ayurvedic with my haircare products. Btw, I have high porosity, fine strands, medium density and multiple textures.
Am very interested in going full Ayurveda as well with diet. I’m dealing with hair loss and hoping I can grow it back.

Didimimi

Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
131,285 7,861 2,321
Alleybux
I did notice growth with it...like an immediate growth spurt about 2-4 weeks after first using and also my edges grew in a lot faster and thicker than normal after I trashed them with relaxer

I think it does work
Thank you, what is your porosity. I heard this woman use it and say that it’s really after 2 weeks that she saw major results just like you.

NaptrulyMe

Reaction score
Reactions
6,674 108 114
Alleybux
Am very interested in going full Ayurveda as well with diet. I’m dealing with hair loss and hoping I can grow it back.
Start simple. Find products for your scalp/hair needs (commercial and or natural). Make herbal such as hibiscus or fenugreek water to moisturized the hair/scalp (be consistent). Pre poo using oils (you can try making your own special treatment by adding oils to herbs or powders). You can purchase cruelty free and sulfate free commercial shampoos and conditioners (you don't have to make your own if it is too much to handle). Sometimes make your own diy moisturizing hair masks (instead of using commercial *Optional). These are just some suggestions. You don't have to follow it to the letter T.

Last edited:

Xyxy7

A secret makes a woman, woman
Reaction score
Reactions
781 5 3
Alleybux
It has worked for me, I only use jasmine rice on the roots of my hair and I leave it for 2-3 hours. I do it 2-3 times a month. I also take vitamin D and iron tablets and try to eat eggs as it is supposed to help with hair growth.

JaydeJones

Beyonce's Wind Machine
Reaction score
Reactions
41,233 937 416
Alleybux
Thank you, what is your porosity. I heard this woman use it and say that it’s really after 2 weeks that she saw major results just like you.
I have very high porosity hair, I tested it by spraying it every few days on certain spots like my edges and just the back of my hair and noticed my hair was longer than its usual growth on my regular wash day

Anna Key

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,214 517 366
Alleybux
I'm a low porosity protein sensitive natural I used it along with amla oil as a pre poo and it filled in my non existant edges and gave me length after I had to cut off my hair last year

Didimimi

Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
131,285 7,861 2,321
Alleybux
I'm a low porosity protein sensitive natural I used it along with amla oil as a pre poo and it filled in my non existant edges and gave me length after I had to cut off my hair last year
Yes you and I have the same hair! And I love amla oil too.