Quantcast

Did Mariah spread her legs for a record deal/fame?

MegLevi

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
12,122 2,865 8,588
Alleybux
I heard from a font here legend has it Moo and Brenda K Starr were turning tricks at tommy matollas party when she got discovered. She is Alisons sister after all.

Cryeisha

The High Priestess
Reaction score
Reactions
166,816 21,298 10,690
Alleybux
@MegLevi

Mariah is non-problematic and a lot of posts/threads lately have been anti-Mariah.

She’s an Afro-Latina (I believe she identifies as a black woman because she came from an era that views her as black) woman who for the most part made a legacy for herself from true talent. I’m not a Mariah stan but let’s stop shading artists who made something of themselves in this racist world.

I know she’s half white and has benefited from that privilege but she also dealt with racism, discrimination, and injustice in the music industry and in the entertainment world as a whole.

Normally I don’t care but this thread is too much in my opinion.

LaBamba

Up in the clouds, me and my sheitel
Reaction score
Reactions
251,244 11,118 1,704
Alleybux
Highly doubt it. Mariah had exceptional vocal talents and skills as well as good looks; any label with a lick of sense was going to put her on. Now if you said that marrying Tommy Mottola gave her career a significant boost in the early days, I’d agree to that; being married to the head of Sony ensured that she was getting the best songwriters, producers, and top billing everywhere she went. But had it not been for her exceptional talent, none of that would’ve mattered.

Tommy’s been married to the Mexican singer/actress Thalia for years now; he unsuccessfully tried to Mariah-fy and get her into the US market but she didn’t have the range. Only reason he was successful with JLo is because music was transitioning from the 90s power ballads to 2000s largely image and dance based artistry.

piggycat

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
118 7 5
Alleybux
I wouldn't say Mariah was discovered at the party; after all, she already had a deal in place with warner or something at the time and, according to her, she didn't feel like going to the party and almost didn't go. I think Tommy recognized her talent and they teamed up to make music history. She had the artistry and he had the acumen and was more experienced in every way and therefore was able to provide guidance and assistance with her career. It was perfect timing combined with talent and chemistry. Of course, the personal realm eventually got intertwined with the business side of things and we all know how it all turned out in the end.But as far as her being discovered at the party, like I said, I don't think it was like that at all. Mariah was about to sign with another label when Tommy met her.

MegLevi

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
12,122 2,865 8,588
Alleybux
I wouldn't say Mariah was discovered at the party; after all, she already had a deal in place with warner or something at the time and, according to her, she didn't feel like going to the party and almost didn't go. I think Tommy recognized her talent and they teamed up to make music history. She had the artistry and he had the acumen and was more experienced in every way and therefore was able to provide guidance and assistance with her career. It was perfect timing combined with talent and chemistry. Of course, the personal realm eventually got intertwined with the business side of things and we all know how it all turned out in the end.But as far as her being discovered at the party, like I said, I don't think it was like that at all. Mariah was about to sign with another label when Tommy met her.
according to her. But moo has been known to tell a lie or too.