Quantcast

Didn’t know once you have a baby you should decrease bathing

Psalm

I groan back and sometimes I do so viciously
Reaction score
Reactions
283,912 18,832 4,093
Alleybux
LSA y’all know we don’t play when it comes to our bathing/shower olympics but was just visiting Reddit and learned something new.

they even break it down to bathing when your child is a few months old vs a toddler...
08097D95-25EF-421E-B777-05CD53BD486C.jpeg

16720AD9-45F9-40F2-8C7D-17C964AAAD40.jpeg

FA36584B-EE52-49F8-9144-881CADFA0C76.jpeg

Isis Diamond

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
66,563 2,782 2,581
Alleybux
I wouldn't do this because I like the feeling of taking a hot bath too much to sacrifice it, but as long as they're hitting the "essentials" once a day, I don't see this as gross even if they're not taking a full body shower/bath.

moxyland

cracked out busted down washed up guttercat
Reaction score
Reactions
26,972 947 125
Alleybux
what does this have to do with babies? I don't understand

Chef Lenny

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,538 928 72
Alleybux
Nope. I'm getting my shower. That's my way to distress at the end of the day. My husband knows I value mine.

PowerPuffBarbie

Being weird is just a side-effect of being awesome
Reaction score
Reactions
117,038 2,132 668
Alleybux
Anything to justify not bathing. If you suffer from eczema ... you can always moisturize with fricken Aquafor !!!

Ankura

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
48,172 565 201
Alleybux
There is a misconception that not bathing helps eczema. You're talking about not washing excessively dry skin that is prone to getting infection if there are open rashes and wounds from scratching. Makes no logical sense.

Bathe with gentle soap regularly to keep the skin exfoliated, hydrated and clean. Then use a good moisturizer. Highly occlusive moisturizers work better for me than lotions. If I didn't have my preferred ointment I would use vaseline.

Nova2kBussit

Pleasure Principle
Reaction score
Reactions
5,771 193 187
Alleybux
I don't understand how yt people who have the greasiest bodies are so hellbent on not showering, what is up with that?

crissyb

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,142 535 505
Alleybux
People not bathing during a pandemic? Nasty anytime but especially now. Stop listening to the descendants of those mountains because they be causing plagues and sh!t. Wash your ass it helps us all.

emptybubbles

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,684 461 239
Alleybux
3-4 minute showers?
Water only to wash your hair for 8 years?
Showering every 2-3 days?
giphy.gif

Do the people who make these stats about "showering 7 times a week is plenty for most people" understand that they cannot only study, interview, and observe whypipo. Smh.

emptybubbles

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,684 461 239
Alleybux
People not bathing during a pandemic? Nasty anytime but especially now. Stop listening to the descendants of those mountains because they be causing plagues and sh!t. Wash your ass it helps us all.
Exactly. Historically speaking, white people should be the VERY last people anyone takes hygiene advice from. They literally wiped out millions of more hygienic people (who bathed every day mind you) during colonisation by bringing them diseases and germs because their nasty asses were not regularly showering and had acquired and built up resistance to all types of germs and nastiness.

Sin Verguenza

BigTFromTheGroupHome
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
184,781 2,578 1,102
Alleybux
These people are so proud of themselves for being unclean. My problem is you can't get me out of the shower. I have to play my playlist, sing my songs, argue with people and plan out my day.

Maybe if they actually took more showers they'd be less angry at the world

honeypiexoxo

Be real with me I'm tired of the fake ones ;)
Reaction score
Reactions
4,236 123 31
Alleybux
I don't have any kids and ain't planning to but I understand how hard it is to have time to even pop in the shower for a few mins when you have a young child.

Many mothers don't have maids or helpers there to watch or be with the baby while they go take a quick shower.

What's worse is, the BABY itself doesn't want to be with anyone except the mother and wails bloody murder when the mother leaves it.

Not to mention, mothers be depressed as hell, have so much to do in their day they barely have the emotional capacity to do basic things like eat or shower.

Lolaland

Petitioning the APA to add "Stanning" to the DSM-5
Reaction score
Reactions
103,432 4,458 1,362
Alleybux
Y’all people that shower everyday be having some rough ass skin. Don’t @ me either. If you want soft skin shower every other day... or more.

I'm gonna @ you for this fake news. The people who shower everyday and have "rough ass skin" are the ones who don't moisturize everyday. I don't know if you're black, but most black people I know use lotion or some kind of moisturizer all over the body everyday, whereas most white people I've known don't. As black people, our skin needs moisture daily, especially in the colder weather.

I always assumed all races of people use lotion and it wasn't until I was in my teens and on a school trip and one of the white kids saw my giant bottle of lotion that I was using after we went swimming and asked me why I was putting it all over my body. I was like, umm..."You don't use lotion after you shower/bathe?". She was like "No" and had a really confused look on her face. Bruh, my mind was blown!!

surprised-gif.gif

Please bathe/shower everyday. This nonsense some people have been promoting in the media over the past few years about how it's better for your skin to bathe every 2-3 days or every other day is a LIE!! Please shower everyday and remember to always moisturize. Moisturizing also helps you age better. Don't be ashy and let your black crack for not moisturizing.

Last edited:

SunkissedBri

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,211 772 1,013
Alleybux
I'm @ you for this fake news. The people who shower everyday and have "rough ass skin" are the ones who don't moisturize everyday. I don't know if you're black, but most black people I know use lotion or some kind of moisturizer everyday, whereas most white people I've known don't. As black people, our skin needs moisture daily, especially in the colder weather.

I always assumed all races of people use lotion and it wasn't until I was in my teens and on a school trip and one of the white kids saw my giant bottle of lotion that I was using after we went swimming and asked me why I was putting it all over my body. I was like, umm..."You don't use lotion after you shower/bathe?". She was like "No" and had a really confused look on her face. Bruh, my mind was blown!!
Back in the 90s, I went to a predominately white school. I went to use some lotion & I said "whew I'm so ashy" & some white kids said "what does ashy mean?" : unamused:

Lolaland

Petitioning the APA to add "Stanning" to the DSM-5
Reaction score
Reactions
103,432 4,458 1,362
Alleybux
Back in the 90s, I went to a predominately white school. I went to use some lotion & I said "whew I'm so ashy" & some white kids said "what does ashy mean?" : unamused:

LMAO! White people really have no idea about lotion. And even the very few who do moisturize are usually women, and they use it only on their faces as part of skincare routines and such, and even then it's not daily. But using lotion all over your body everyday after showering/bathing as part of your standard grooming routine? Nope, they don't do that like we do.

Your comment about the white kids not knowing what ashy means reminded me of a comedy bit Bill Burr has about this, talking about how he first got introduced to using lotion regularly at 33 years old (!!!) when he started dating his black wife, lol. He says it never occurred to him why his skin always felt itchy in the winter, or why some white people's feet look super cracked. It's because the skin is crying out for some moisture!!

SunkissedBri

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,211 772 1,013
Alleybux
LMAO! White people really have no idea about lotion. And even the very few who do moisturize are usually women, and they use it only on their faces as part of skincare routines and such, and even then it's not daily. But using lotion all over your body everyday after showering/bathing as part of your standard grooming routine? Nope, they don't do that like we do.

Your comment about the white kids not knowing what ashy means reminded me of a comedy bit Bill Burr has about this, talking about how he first got introduced to using lotion regularly at 33 years old (!!!) when he started dating his black wife, lol. He says it never occurred to him why his skin always felt itchy in the winter, or why some white people's feet look super cracked. It's because the skin is crying out for some moisture!!

I AM SOOO WEAK :laughing: being ashy in the winter is fµck!ng no no & he said he thinks it's bc you can't see it on them. Nah mf you can feel it. He said he was itchy af. That means you need to moisturize fool :laughing: being ashy is sooo uncomfortable. I don't understand how anyone can take it, especially in the winter. That's the worse time to be ashy. I laugh at those moisturizing commercials w/wypipo in it bc I know damn well they ain't buying that sh!t. Look at all of these black owned skin care products. We know what's up. I have sooo many moisturizers in my room right now, it's ridiculous. I'm good for the next 5+ years :laughing:

DonnaH73

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
36,656 1,584 759
Alleybux
Well we all know what skin tone these ppl are ... that’s the only explanation for being so nasty.

Ashlyan

I'm not telling you
Reaction score
Reactions
23,132 1,162 396
Alleybux
There you go! These white chicks don’t like to bathe and some black men don’t wipe their ass. And y’all complain about water seeking its level. Its written out plainly for us.

Last edited:

Psalm

I groan back and sometimes I do so viciously
Reaction score
Reactions
283,912 18,832 4,093
Alleybux
I don't have any kids and ain't planning to but I understand how hard it is to have time to even pop in the shower for a few mins when you have a young child.

Many mothers don't have maids or helpers there to watch or be with the baby while they go take a quick shower.

What's worse is, the BABY itself doesn't want to be with anyone except the mother and wails bloody murder when the mother leaves it.

Not to mention, mothers be depressed as hell, have so much to do in their day they barely have the emotional capacity to do basic things like eat or shower.

been there and put my baby in her car seat in the bathroom while I showered. Taking care of a baby you may need multiple baths in one day from feedings, vomit. Pee etc.

moxyland

cracked out busted down washed up guttercat
Reaction score
Reactions
26,972 947 125
Alleybux

I put lotion on while watching this :LOL: I don't buy the whole "you can't see it" sh!t. You can see dry skin on everyone.

AfroGoddess

excessively black
Reaction score
Reactions
22,170 749 185
Alleybux
If I can’t smell you and we aren’t fµck!ng, I don’t really care how often you shower.