Quantcast

Different DNA companies, different results?

ababda

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,215 154 142
Alleybux
So Nilo-Saharans aren't East African now?

Also, you said your grandmother was Egyptian straight from Egypt. Are you forgetting parts of your own story? You called your own self and your people mutts. But okay.

I did not know Egyptians had one look, Interesting.

protestswomen.jpg

449767.jpg

6907.jpg

Crowds protest Christian governor in south Egypt

Muslims, Christians save church from burning down in Qena

Common Sudanese

img_6509_2.jpg

candace.jpeg

Besides the first picture i posted which is a difference, but the last four pictures is not much of a difference between people, besides living in two neighboring countries.

Reaction score
Reactions
1,019 52 97
Alleybux
The thing is Languages is sometimes switched, a good example is the Hausa people in Nigeria. Who at one time spoke one language group, and now speaks another.

You're confusing assimilation & language shift.

Reaction score
Reactions
1,019 52 97
Alleybux
The women in the village is right, but the singers is not. The performers are actually from the nuba mountains, and you have to remember Egypt has lots of people from that region that migrated there due to the war, and some had even intermarried with locals, from what i have seen there, which i don't have a problem with. This is how most nubians looks. Everyday.

Arabize group Ja'alin

Take it further majority of Northern Sudanese look.

Sudanese Wedding You can get an idea how the majority look

Sudan – Wedding

Redding brown or Brown that is really the dominant color among us, by far like about 60% or even 80%. I would say, people of southern sudanese color are minority but obviously the feature are different unless they are mixed with them, and i know of several families that are, and people with Northern Egypt colors are also among us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHF6AhDh3Nc
If you pause the video
3:57 There is a crowd still photo you will noticed reddish brown is the dominant skin color in the crowd of people, not South Sudani color or Northern Egyptian color although it is represented but not dominant as reddish brown skin complexion, which is average for Sudanese in North.

Most Nubians or South Egyptians i know lack the epicanthic eyefold, few individuals but definitely not the majority.

Hair textures varies, this is my own observations, which i noticed in some Egyptians as well. I noticed more what people call kinky hair from individual who possess fair skin, where as darker skin people usually have curly or straightest hair. This is my own observation i can be wrong, but not all individual of course, it is interesting.

I don't disagree with anything you wrote & I don't see any point in particular that corrects my earlier comments on phenotype similarities & differences. I think you've just added a bit more information on the subject or what am I missing exactly, what do you not agree with in my earlier comments since I can't see the divergent view point from your excerpt?

Reaction score
Reactions
1,019 52 97
Alleybux
Redding brown or Brown that is really the dominant color among us, by far like about 60% or even 80%. I would say, people of southern sudanese color are minority but obviously the feature are different unless they are mixed with them, and i know of several families that are, and people with Northern Egypt colors are also among us.

Wait I didn't catch this the first time are you seriously trying to say dark skinned Nubians are due to recent admixture with South Sudanese people?

How the turn tables lol:joy: you've really succeeded in deluding yourselves that you now believe black people are the admixed ones... What about the Fur, Nuba I can't wait to here about their actual journey from their homelands in Tanzania or wait is it Nigeria. Okay (y)

ababda

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,215 154 142
Alleybux
Wait I didn't catch this the first time are you seriously trying to say dark skinned Nubians are due to recent admixture with South Sudanese people?

How the turn tables lol:joy: you've really succeeded in deluding yourselves that you now believe black people are the admixed ones... What about the Fur, Nuba I can't wait to here about their actual journey from their homelands in Tanzania or wait is it Nigeria. Okay (y)

LOL I am not talking about darkskinn, love. There is more variables than skin color. You look at the common phenotype that dominants.

For example not many Northern Sudanese look like this.

htssz62vb8rxasnagoc36l6uiasv01j

If they are darkskinn, many look similar to this

Just compare the video, practically all the people in the footage don't look southern Sudanese. We are one of the largest ethnic groups in the North. From the footage you see collection of majority reddish brown and dark, and our darkskinn do not resemble Southern Sudanese. However i know of some family that are descendant of South Sudanese, and some of them intermarried with us. One of my Coptic aunt is married to a Shilluk man. You know people at times intermarry, right? There is prejudice no doubt, but individual do find love.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
1,019 52 97
Alleybux

That picture of a southern Egyptian wasn't a decree that all southern Egyptians are the same similarly the Nubian photos.

Reaction score
Reactions
1,019 52 97
Alleybux
LOL I am not talking about darkskinn, love. There is more variables than skin color. You look at the common phenotype that dominants.

For example not many Northern Sudanese look like this.

htssz62vb8rxasnagoc36l6uiasv01j

If they are darkskinn, many look similar to this

Just compare the video, practically all the people in the footage don't look southern Sudanese. We are one of the largest ethnic groups in the North. From the footage you see collection of majority reddish brown and dark, and our darkskinn do not resemble Southern Sudanese. However i know of some family that are descendant of South Sudanese, and some of them intermarried with us. One of my Coptic aunt is married to a Shilluk man. You know people at times intermarry, right? There is prejudice no doubt, but individual do find love.

Ok. I guess when you confessed to being mixed yourself I was confused on the concept of admixture lol

How can you include yourself & people with your admixture profile to the average Nubian phenotype but the ones with south Sudanese extended families are the sua ones, I guess its the prejudice you wrote about.

ababda

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,215 154 142
Alleybux
I don't disagree with anything you wrote & I don't see any point in particular that corrects my earlier comments on phenotype similarities & differences. I think you've just added a bit more information on the subject or what am I missing exactly, what do you not agree with in my earlier comments since I can't see the divergent view point from your excerpt?
Ok. I guess when you confessed to being mixed yourself I was confused on the concept of admixture lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
1,019 52 97
Alleybux

Who even said South Sudanese & Nubians look the same, similar phenotypes doesn't mean twin ethnicities.

ababda

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,215 154 142
Alleybux

How can you include yourself & people with your admixture profile to the average Nubian phenotype but the ones with south Sudanese extended families are the sua ones, I guess its the prejudice you wrote about.
s
As i thought about it, the eyefold, i feel it is less common, but i have seen it on some individuals good example was former singer Mohammed Wardi. So your statement is not out there, but it is not the norm.

ababda

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,215 154 142
Alleybux
Who even said South Sudanese & Nubians look the same, similar phenotypes doesn't mean twin ethnicities.

That is what South Sudanese consistently tell me about themselves. For example groups such as the Azande don't see themselves culturally or physically the same as Dinka, nor Nuer for some weird reasons. I don't see myself different from Shaggey, or Dongola, because I know at the end of the we have the same origin.

Reaction score
Reactions
1,019 52 97
Alleybux
s
As i thought about it, the eyefold, i feel it is less common, but i have seen it on some individuals good example was former singer Mohammed Wardi. So your statement is not out there, but it is not the norm.

Post a picture that is close to the average Nubian phenotype & I'll point out the similarities to the south Sudanese picture you used earlier.

TennisBracelet

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
61,739 4,870 3,606
Alleybux
Going by your DNA results, you have quite a bit of West Asian admixture. That is Caucasian DNA. Europeans and West Asians are both Caucasian. Europeans descend from West Asians.

And you called yourself Sudanese Arab with an Egyptian grandparent. Your nationality may be Sudanese and your ethnicity may be fully Sudanese Arab, but obviously your DNA is not purely indigenous to the continent of Africa cause West Asians are not indigenous to Africa and that goes for the Copts, the Arabs, and the Berbers. They all migrated into Africa from West Asia.

The Berbers may have did it thousands of years before the Arabs, but they still migrated from a place outside of the continent.

BOOM!!

Reaction score
Reactions
1,019 52 97
Alleybux
That is what South Sudanese consistently tell me about themselves. For example groups such as the Azande don't see themselves culturally or physically the same as Dinka, nor Nuer for some weird reasons. I don't see myself different from Shaggey, or Dongola, because I know at the end of the we have the same origin.

Despite your recent admixture you're close to the average modern Nubian phenotype, that should be enough evidence of even more past series of admixtures.

why is the concept of intermarriage, that you clearly understand, so foreign when it comes to historical accuracies as well, why can't you guys accept this fact?

ababda

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,215 154 142
Alleybux
Despite your recent admixture you're close to the average modern Nubian phenotype, that should be enough evidence of even more past series of admixtures.

why is the concept of intermarriage, that you clearly understand, so foreign when it comes to historical accuracies as well, why can't you guys accept this fact?

Most people within Sudan marry within our group. Some Egyptian population is not far physically or culturally from Sudanese, whereas other groups in Sudan for example people from south Kordofan is. It is not hard to understand. Again these Egyptians are not far from us, which is obvious!

Egyptians Upper Egypt

Silly Sudanese skit.

population is not far culturally or physically. However marrying someone should be based on love, regardless of culture, or race, because life is too short to be miserable and i have seen all kinds of coupling in my short life living aboard. So, i am open to everything and not being close. The bottom line, most Sudanese preferred to marry within their own cultural group, or groups that is similar and nothing is wrong with that as well.

Reaction score
Reactions
1,019 52 97
Alleybux
Most people within Sudan marry within our group. Some Egyptian population is not far physically or culturally from Sudanese, whereas other groups in Sudan for example people from south Kordofan is. It is not hard to understand. Again these Egyptians are not far from us, which is obvious!

Egyptians Upper Egypt

Silly Sudanese skit.

population is not far culturally or physically. However marrying someone should be based on love, regardless of culture, or race, because life is too short to be miserable and i have seen all kinds of coupling in my short life living aboard. So, i am open to everything and not being close. The bottom line, most Sudanese preferred to marry within their own cultural group, or groups that is similar and nothing is wrong with that as well.

You're saying water is wet when I'm asking you of how it tastes. Just because your write up is correct doesn't mean you've answered the questions properly...

Historically the Nubians today weren't the perceived norm from the views of the Egyptians, to the Greeks, Romans & Levantine scholars until the Christian periods. Dna studies conducted on the Nubians support several admixture events still it usually has two key references Nilotic & MeNa with the most significant admixture even being in the Christian period, today the largest ydna paternal maker for Nubians is the Haplogroup J that has its origin in the Levant & is compatible with the coptic marker. You've also admitted severally on admixtures from the beja & the likes within your region but somehow you can't imagine a less admixed pure Nubian look that isn't similar to the modern Nubian one, why is that?

Ever since I made it to LSA you've been a strong supporter for a possible language shift, you're an Arabized Nubian so it's understandable, you bring it out whenever you try to explain the huge discrepancies, what you don't understand is if it's real then it does more to support the admixture events even more lol

ababda

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,215 154 142
Alleybux
You're saying water is wet when I'm asking you of how it tastes. Just because your write up is correct doesn't mean you've answered the questions properly...

Historically the Nubians today weren't the perceived norm from the views of the Egyptians, to the Greeks, Romans & Levantine scholars until the Christian periods. Dna studies conducted on the Nubians support several admixture events still it usually has two key references Nilotic & MeNa with the most significant admixture even being in the Christian period, today the largest ydna paternal maker for Nubians is the Haplogroup J that has its origin in the Levant & is compatible with the coptic marker. You've also admitted severally on admixtures from the beja & the likes within your region but somehow you can't imagine a less admixed pure Nubian look that isn't similar to the modern Nubian one, why is that?

lol

I have already hinted at this before, which makes sense! As i said to you before, but i guess it has not click to your mind as yet, what is perceive as Nubians was never a collective group. I will leave it at this, our look has always been a continuum throughout history from the pharaonic period to Chrisitan period and now. I will leave it at that.

Pharaonic period or New Kingdom

tombs-of-menna-nakht-amenemope-luxor-3.jpg

Christian period

hhVoZmG.jpg

Our land mass or terroritory in past.

The_Kingdom_of_Makuria_at_its_peak.jpg

and today person Sudanese reporter Zeinab Badawi

Zeinab-photo-1-768x517.jpg

These are the ancestors of Southern Sudanese/ people from Darfur i don't know. At one time Southern Sudanese once live further north. This is definitely them and it is pretty obvious if we are objective.

sm9202.jpg

article-2561949-1B9A478200000578-750_964x974.jpg

We discuss this on the Sudanese facebook pages all the time, so we are trying to figure things out, because people from the West should not be telling our stories. That is what all Africans in their respective region or country needs to do. It is very late where i am at Monday morning, have a good day.

kdot50

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,296 336 74
Alleybux
My first ancestryDNA result said I was half Scandinavian LMAOOOO my whole family was confused. It updated more accurately a couple months after, but I wonder where they even got that from.

Reaction score
Reactions
2,408 62 27
Alleybux
The women in the village is right, but the singers is not. The performers are actually from the nuba mountains, and you have to remember Egypt has lots of people from that region that migrated there due to the war, and some had even intermarried with locals, from what i have seen there, which i don't have a problem with. This is how most nubians looks. Everyday.

Arabize group Ja'alin

Sudan – Wedding

If you pause the video
3:57 There is a crowd still photo you will noticed reddish brown is the dominant skin color in the crowd of people, not South Sudani color or Northern Egyptian color although it is represented but not dominant as reddish brown skin complexion, which is average for Sudanese in North.

Most Nubians or South Egyptians i know lack the epicanthic eyefold, few individuals but definitely not the majority.

Hair textures varies, this is my own observations, which i noticed in some Egyptians as well. I noticed more what people call kinky hair from individual who possess fair skin, where as darker skin people usually have curly or straightest hair. This is my own observation i can be wrong, but not all individual of course, it is interesting.

I am reddish brown with curly hair, I haven’t noticed the kinky hair in people with light skin...my siblings have curly hair as well :p all type 3, lol

My first ancestryDNA result said I was half Scandinavian LMAOOOO my whole family was confused. It updated more accurately a couple months after, but I wonder where they even got that from.

I’m lol’ing so hard

Reaction score
Reactions
1,019 52 97
Alleybux
I have already hinted at this before, which makes sense! As i said to you before, but i guess it has not click to your mind as yet, what is perceive as Nubians was never a collective group. I will leave it at this, our look has always been a continuum throughout history from the pharaonic period to Chrisitan period and now. I will leave it at that.

Christian period

hhVoZmG.jpg

These are the ancestors of Southern Sudanese/ people from Darfur i don't know. At one time Southern Sudanese once live further north. This is definitely them and it is pretty obvious if we are objective.

sm9202.jpg

We discuss this on the Sudanese facebook pages all the time, so we are trying to figure things out, because people from the West should not be telling our stories. That is what all Africans in their respective region or country needs to do. It is very late where i am at Monday morning, have a good day.

I showed a lot of respect to you because you put in thought before writing your excerpts but you're now just blubbering...

That new kingdom picture is from the 18th dynasty Menna’s wife, Henuttawy, Her primary title was the Chantress of Amun, a position occupied by noble women in the 18th dynasty.

Since when were the 18th dynasty nobles & their wives a representative for pure Nubians?

The Christian period is fairly recent just in the 6th century CE & it coincides with the data analysis on admixture of Nubians like I stated earlier.

Reaction score
Reactions
1,019 52 97
Alleybux

Christian period

hhVoZmG.jpg

sm9202.jpg

Have a lovely one as well dear...

Reaction score
Reactions
2,408 62 27
Alleybux

Arabize group Ja'alin

Sudan – Wedding

If you pause the video

I forgot to say I’m Jaaliya from maternal grandfather’s side and Shaiqiya from paternal grandfather’s side lol fully ‘Sudanese Arab’ aka fully Arabised Nubian (if that helps w understanding/shedding light on the DNA results at all)