Dionne Warrick says Mariah , Brandy, Mary J and Toni are not icons

THE ICON
Reactions
490,897 22,682 6,880
Alleybux
I like when Aunt Dionne gets dragged every few years...

fbfbec426fde32afdd2982b13927bd48.gif

Reactions
12,556 736 136
Alleybux
Wtf at that damn run-on sentence OP?

Dionne strikes me as the type of old head to never give artists who came after her that legend/icon status.

But Toni Braxton isn't an icon. idk why people push that. Tbh Mariah is the only one I'd label an icon. MJB maybe is a hip hop soul icon but Mariah is an icon period.
Can you give us your reason why you don't think Ms.Braxton isn't an icon

Reactions
12,556 736 136
Alleybux

Dionne strikes me as the type of old head to never give artists who came after her that legend/icon status.

But Toni Braxton isn't an icon. idk why people push that. Tbh Mariah is the only one I'd label an icon. MJB maybe is a hip hop soul icon but Mariah is an icon period.
What you think about Brandy

Reactions
298,629 7,214 11,850
Alleybux

Mariah YES

The rest? NO

Funny how the non black woman is the only one people think is an indisputable icon. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Pronouns: Bad/AF
Reactions
74,218 2,353 2,480
Alleybux
And Dionne aint an icon her damn self, so people need to stop asking her for her unqualified opinion on such topics.

If that's true, then Aretha wasn't an icon.

Dionne has had:
-60 years in the business
-69 charted singles on the hot 100 (she's also charted on the R&B and adult contemporary charts)
-75 million singles and 25 million albums sold worldwide (when people would actually buy records)
-5 Grammys and a Lifetime achievement Award

Pronouns: Bad/AF
Reactions
74,218 2,353 2,480
Alleybux
In 50 years, ya'll ready think people are going to be talking about Toni Braxton and discussing her vocal stylings.

She's a great singer but in the pantheon of the greats? I don't see it.

Reactions
20,210 477 110
Alleybux
Anybody know the tea on why Dionne don't like Mariah

When Mariah debuted she was being compared to Whitney. Allegedly, Dionne was asked how do you feel about Mariah she said something about her taking Whitney's style.

Dionne has always been sweet/sour. It has to be her way or no way. It's good to be that way as a woman in her industry as they aren't always treated with respect in show business or in general. I guess she feels she has to be that way but I think she should tone it down some.

The Culture

Television Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

This Mystical Bond Between A Black Mother And Everyone Else’s Children She Does Not Know
Made me smile, then got goosebumps to tears. This was powerful. Thank you for sharing That’s us.
SNL embarrassing themselves yet again with terrible 'Gen Z Hospital' sketch
That was actually funny :LOL: SNL needs fresh talent and not the same old geezers writing jokes to groups they can't relate to in any way. The...
Queen’s cousin Prince Michael of Kent accused of ‘selling access to Vladimir Putin’s government’...
Not a story of a minor royal, who isn't receiving state money, but fills in for the Queen from time to time for state occasions, lives on the...
RHOA Sneek Peek RHOA reunion Part 3 Kandi and Marlo
Every man but Marc. Lol Marc was questionable to me at first but then I realized he just didn’t want Kenya
Jemele Hill tried it with En Vogue
EV has enough of a catalog to do a Verzus. Between the first three albums and the songs in between. The problem is you’d never get the original...
Daily Davidsons Discussion Thread XIX
No one dislikes her, she's just a strategic woman with a lego looking husband doing her best to make that coin. Most of us are indifferent and...
BLACK WOMEN ARE LOSING INTEREST IN BLACK MEN...
Lol if MBJ was seen with a white woman there would be a 100 page thread on here. I mean Bronny James got 60 pages lol
How to stop being my own blockage?
Stop thinking of yourself as a blockage to your manifestations. Research self-concept and law of assumption. Your thoughts are incredibly...
The Zayn Malik Appreciation Thread: Part 17
Yooo I forgot they have a different date for Mother’s Day over there lol. Flowers is cute though flowers is his specialty
Phaedra is excited Kenya regrets flirting with Apollo
Kenya didn't do a damn thing wrong in the Apollo situation except give people who hate her ammunition. At the end of the day, she did not get...
Top Bottom