Quantcast

Do men think less of their fwb

Lunaa

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
625 37 19
Alleybux
Do men then less of a woman that has agreed to xes without commitment? Do they lose respect for the woman, especially after the xes is over?What do you think?

just11412

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
179,126 3,085 528
Alleybux
at the end of the day as a fwb you are still not the chick they are trying to propose to or be committed with so you can't get caught up. you can't expect much. like if you need help with something even though they have been your fwb for a long time, you can't look for that man to help you. you also can't get mad when dude gets the chick that he really likes a present for v-day or xmas and you just keep getting the remains of the day dick.

so he might respect you enough to let you sleep over some nights. but he still doesn't respect you enough to tell his friends about you.

so he might respect you enough to call you every now and then rather than text. however, he still doesn't respect you enough to call you before 9 on the weekday or automatically return your text.

PutaPorFavor

DA BADDESTTTTTT PUTA
Reaction score
Reactions
58,177 2,102 1,117
Alleybux
It depends on the man, sweetheart.
But if he makes a habit of being discourteous, rude, disrespectful, and any other negative synonym, then I think it'd be obvious how he views her.

Side note: I don't think it's an issue when fwb was a mutual and planned agreement between those involved. If it happens involuntarily, and the woman hopes for more ---- then, YIKES.

criminal

The Prince
Reaction score
Reactions
3,365 361 539
Alleybux
It depends.

As a man... I either like you, or I don't.
I know from the jump if I want you to be my girl or not.
Women don't 'grow' on me.

So, it's great and actually a lot *less* stressful when we can be upfront with the women that we can't see ourselves with: "I don't see this going anywhere... but, we're both fine af and i'd like to blow your back out!!!". lol So... No, I don't lose any respect for my FWBs.

With that being said... a man that truly likes you may fake the funk and pretend like he's down for a FWB, when in reality, he's hoping it will eventually turn into something more.

–––Thus, when you inevitably stop throwing it back... our feelings get hurt. (&i think that happens a lot.)

MasMouth

THE ICON
Reaction score
Reactions
520,336 24,226 7,319
Alleybux
Why does what he feels or thinks matter ? b!tch , shut up all that hollering and buss a nut :highly_amused: ! This is why FWB arrangements are not for all women.

just11412

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
179,126 3,085 528
Alleybux
–––Thus, when you inevitably stop throwing it back... our feelings get hurt. (&i think that happens a lot.)
ya'lls feelings do not get hurt. stop lying. lol

Why does what he feels or thinks matter ? b!tch , shut up all that hollering and buss a nut :highly_amused: ! This is why FWB arrangements are not for all women.
okay uncle bernie. lol.

Waterlover

Meek-ri Marvey
Reaction score
Reactions
45,865 1,501 1,261
Alleybux
That term friends with benefits needs to die

Yall are two people fµck!ng.

He respects her enuff to stick his dick in her without a committment.

Bella8933

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
143,102 5,830 6,841
Alleybux
It depends on the man, sweetheart.
But if he makes a habit of being discourteous, rude, disrespectful, and any other negative synonym, then I think it'd be obvious how he views her.

Side note: I don't think it's an issue when fwb was a mutual and planned agreement between those involved. If it happens involuntarily, and the woman hopes for more ---- then, YIKES.
Right. I think when you mutually agree on fwb situation ... there's no need for him to 'lose respect' for you.

Maybe the man has work issues such that he does not want to have a gf or something else is going on (who knows) and the woman has a life quite different than anything she can expect with this guy (or something else is going on) - but she would like her bed warmed up by him now and then. :)

So they get together, have some fun for the evening and the next day go back their lives. Both parties are perfectly happy with this arrangement so this can go on .. for years.

The problem typically occurs .. when the woman DOES want a real relationship with the guy and the guy does not - for whatever reason. So the relationship TURNS INTO a fwb situation.

She thinks he's really into her and that this is going toward a relationship so she will be texting and calling and demanding his time etc. He will come over, say some pretty words and have xes but that's it. But he's not taking her out and showing her off as his girl etc so clearly this is a fwb situation that the woman refuses to accept. She thinks or wants him as a real bf.

So the woman has got to have the backbone to break it off - but often she won't which leads to the pain.

This is when it starts to get disrespectful.

Having a fwb is not for most women IMO. Most women will be thinking underneath it all that this guy REALLY likes her as a gf ... and when he up and marries some other girl - she is gonna be upset.

Fwb relationships aren't for everyone. Everyone can't handle them.

SashaSlays

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
160,892 2,669 2,857
Alleybux
Do men then less of a woman that has agreed to xes without commitment? Do they lose respect for the woman, especially after the xes is over?What do you think?

If he does think less of a woman then he's not much of a man. He's laying in the same bed as the chick in question. People talk about mutually agreed upon terms with fwb situations, ignoring the fact that feelings change. You can go into a situation feeling one way and end of feeling totally differently. Most people, especially women who deep down know they want a relationship, should not engage in this. I'm not prudish I'm just saying it usually doesn't end well, and women tend to bear the brunt of the loss.

I read a terrible thread on reddit about a fwb situation that went on for years. The guy all of a sudden gets a girlfriend and decides to end the fwb. Well the new relationship brought on all kinds of feelings for the fwb chick, because all of a sudden she's wondering why she wasn't good enough to be his gf. He wasn't using her (or maybe they were using each other), but she FELT used anyway.

Reaction score
Reactions
89 2 6
Alleybux
I'm not good at that fwb life. long story short the guy is a dirtbaggggg but a pretty one that smells nice ughhhhh EFF HIM!!! lol sorry I fell into my feelers for a second :highly_amused:

JaydeJones

Beyonce's Wind Machine
Reaction score
Reactions
41,233 937 416
Alleybux
It depends.

So, it's great and actually a lot stressful when we can be upfront with the women that we can't see ourselves with: "I don't see this going anywhere... but, we're both fine af and i'd like to blow your back out!!!". lol So... No, I don't lose any respect for my FWBs.

With that being said... a man that truly likes you may fake the funk and pretend like he's down for a FWB, when in reality, he's hoping it will eventually turn into something more.

so is it round about this time she miraculously becomes a hoe?

Iron_Dolly

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,650 1,071 557
Alleybux
I don't think most people think highly of an fwb because of the terms you are on there isn't much to expect. There might not be any respect there to begin with. When xes is over they are on to the next one after all this wasn't a relationship.

stubborn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
145,854 11,419 18,059
Alleybux
In general? No
They do think less of you compared to their dream/potential gf which is why you are a fwb and not their gf/wife.

It depends.

So, it's great and actually a lot stressful when we can be upfront with the women that we can't see ourselves with: "I don't see this going anywhere... but, we're both fine af and i'd like to blow your back out!!!". lol So... No, I don't lose any respect for my FWBs.

The first one is usually the one that is true. Males usually know if they want her to be their gf or not. Fwb are good enough to fck but not good enough to be in a relationship with.

The last one happens only when a person is dealing with a male who doesn't go for what he wants. Or he did say something about dating her but got rejected, which is where he should've left her alone, but was too stupid or desperate not to. That is not the type of male most people would want.

rosewood

Sugar Thang
Reaction score
Reactions
240 1 2
Alleybux
I think it depends on the type of man the guy is primarily. If he is the type that believes a woman's only value is her sexuality, then yes he will see a woman who "sells herself short" or is "easy" (as in he doesn't have to do anything or be anything to her to get the coochie) as not worthy of respect. I will echo what other fonts have said though and mention that it shouldn't matter what he thinks if this is a REAL fwb situation that you are really only using for xes. Which brings me to my second point.

Most of the time and with decent men, I believe the man will lose respect for a woman who enters a fwb situation KNOWING she wants a real relationship from him. Because then you really are selling yourself short and settling for absolutely anything he will give you. It reeks of desperation and is pathetic, of course a person will lose respect for you.

Waterlover

Meek-ri Marvey
Reaction score
Reactions
45,865 1,501 1,261
Alleybux
It depends.

So, it's great and actually a lot *less* stressful when we can be upfront with the women that we can't see ourselves with: "I don't see this going anywhere... but, we're both fine af and i'd like to blow your back out!!!". lol So... No, I don't lose any respect for my FWBs.

When u say from the jump,What goes through your head

How long is from the jump? Is it the first meeting? The first convo?

Please be as specific as possible

Leo In The East

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
456 29 27
Alleybux
I have recently ended one and while I am not bitter, it doesn't benefit women much. While the guy might or might not be a good guy, you don't get much out of it but dick. You can get that from anyone. Don't waste your time. Most women get attached. I ended mine a few days ago. He was pissed but oh well. I need more than D and he was not someone I would have wanted a relationship with anyway. Stop stressing over whether he respects you or not. Men are a dime a dozen. He knew I was dating other guys and always asked about them and if I missed him...which I didn't.

I'm glad I cut him off. He was draining, not really boyfriend material and I eventually knew relationship or fwb, we would not last anyway. I cut him off previously and he said he knew I would do it again.

But the ***** is fine though... And he would break me off some so imma keep his number in case I need something.

mariano42

Mariano Rivera
Reaction score
Reactions
616 18 15
Alleybux
at the end of the day as a fwb you are still not the chick they are trying to propose to or be committed with so you can't get caught up. you can't expect much. like if you need help with something even though they have been your fwb for a long time, you can't look for that man to help you. you also can't get mad when dude gets the chick that he really likes a present for v-day or xmas and you just keep getting the remains of the day dick.

so he might respect you enough to let you sleep over some nights. but he still doesn't respect you enough to tell his friends about you.

so he might respect you enough to call you every now and then rather than text. however, he still doesn't respect you enough to call you before 9 on the weekday or automatically return your text.

Thread/

Chrissieha

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,997 50 13
Alleybux
The FWB relationship comes in many packages. I have had one for almost 3 years now. We were good friends before that. He respects me and I respect him. We have talked about if we date other people and how we will handle that. It has happened, we followed the plan and it worked fine.

We are not secretive but also do not put it out there. Our close friends either know or suspect. I think we have 4 friends that know. We all go out together monthly. Yes, they ask why we just don't date. We both are in a place where a serious relationship wouldn't work. If we did try we both think it would be destructive to the friendship. We also recognize a few things that would probably make us not compatible as full time partners or spouses.

There are no expectations to hang out together. We often get together as just friends and sometimes we get together to go out and then sleep together. We can go weeks without communication and then pick up where we left off. We each have our own lives. No one pays the others bills and we don't celebrate typical couple holidays nor is there an anniversary. It works.

We have admitted that if down the road one of us finds someone, it may be awkward at first but we would be able to redefine our relationship.

It works because we are both on the same page. I don't think it would it would work with just anyone. I think the key for us is we were real friends long before we became FWB and our expectations are aligned. I would also add there is a difference between a FWB and booty buddy or string of one night stands.

charmthegame

money conversations
Reaction score
Reactions
9,734 733 137
Alleybux
you also can't get mad when dude gets the chick that he really likes a present for v-day or xmas and you just keep getting the remains of the day dick.
giphy.gif

Bully Graham

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
6,720 1,365 2,882
Alleybux
Exactly. I don't understand why these b!tches love painting a FWB situation as a one way street. Both parties are getting something out of it.
If you ain't built for that situation then don't fµck!ng venture there in the first place.

TokyoDes

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,393 392 466
Alleybux
I’ve never been a fan of having FWB..but when I have had them..I’ve always treated them with respect and never looked at them as any less than any other female friend. Then again....my past FWB were girls that I have developed a strong friendship with before it became xesual.. so it all depends on the circumstance and conditions I guess

ildergreier

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
68,740 3,963 8,835
Alleybux
Friends with benefits....

I don't like this expression since it is a very bad move to show yourself out in public with a man you are just fµck!ng. People can start thinking there is something is going on, and most important: why blur the lines?