Quantcast

Do ppl wear sew ins anymore?

MsLadyLavish

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,075 238 57
Alleybux
I've been wearing braids since I've went natural because its hard to keep my leave-out straight.
Tried a closure but I cant get with the look of them..
I'm going back to sew-ins soon, any natural girls have advice on how I can keep my leave-out looking good ?

Wash the leave out often in the sink. At least once a week so the product in it plus the heat from straightening wont break it off. Hair straightens and manipulates better when its clean and build up free

Reaction score
Reactions
6,275 407 84
Alleybux
I think sew ins look more natural than wigs unless you’re an expert at laying them.

I’m so frustrated with my hair I don’t know what to do. It’s natural but my edges are barely there. They’ve just recently started growing back after years of damage. My scalp is so sensitive right now and I don’t even know if I should get it braided down and get a net weave/sew in. I just hate the way that wigs look on me. And I don’t have a enough thickness to do a u part wig and I’m not really good at laying them. My daughter wears wigs all the time and she drives me crazy because she lays them flawlessly (although she uses glue, which I refuse to do) and she’s natural and has thick, long natural hair but she refuses to wear it out...Her scalp is so white because it hasn’t seen sunlight in I don’t know how long. LOL.

theprettymiss

“Beacon of Light”
Reaction score
Reactions
255,868 10,529 820
Alleybux
I think sew ins look more natural than wigs unless you’re an expert at laying them.

I’m so frustrated with my hair I don’t know what to do. It’s natural but my edges are barely there. They’ve just recently started growing back after years of damage. My scalp is so sensitive right now and I don’t even know if I should get it braided down and get a net weave/sew in. I just hate the way that wigs look on me. And I don’t have a enough thickness to do a u part wig and I’m not really good at laying them. My daughter wears wigs all the time and she drives me crazy because she lays them flawlessly (although she uses glue, which I refuse to do) and she’s natural and has thick, long natural hair but she refuses to wear it out...Her scalp is so white because it hasn’t seen sunlight in I don’t know how long. LOL.

Have you tried a closure wig?? Those are easier to lay, and youd only have to worry about the part.

Oracle

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,852 1,213 670
Alleybux
Its best when you sew in the wig. It's the best of both worlds.

I try to ease up on the sew ins because it breaks my natural hair if I keep them in longer than a few weeks. So sewing down a U-Part or a Closure wig works because it can come off with a few snips of the the thread and I can be free at night if I feel like it.

If I'm feeling frisky at night, I know when I play around a sewn down wig is not going to come off. Most of all, I'm not styling no weave hair on my head. Never. It's easy to style a wig ONCE and then let it be bomb the second I leave the house even though I styled it hours or days before I left.
Tell me more about this magic realm. I really need to get into wigs. I get a silk press and the curls come fighting back almost immediately.

I don’t do either, I wear microlinks now, it looks a lot more natural imo
Did you deal with any breakage?
Last time I tried something similar my hair suffered.

Mrs. Graham

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
193,369 15,015 8,775
Alleybux
Tell me more about this magic realm. I really need to get into wigs. I get a silk press and the curls come fighting back almost immediately.

Did you deal with any breakage?
Last time I tried something similar my hair suffered.

Nope no breakage, but I always get them removed by a professional to make sure my hair doesn’t break off during the removal process