Quantcast

Do you buy Seth Rollins as a Main Eventer/World Champ

SpanishDude

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,702 476 256
Alleybux
Just asking cuz I really dont. When he was the first one to win the championship out of all The Shield i was like, “huh?”. Imo Reigns and Ambrose were way more interesting. I mean Roman Reigns just has the look, you know WWE gonna try to push him, and to me, Dean Ambrose was way better then either Reigns or Rollins.

Also, I hear a lot of comparisons to HBK, Im like ok, if HBK were way less cool, and way less charismatic.....he does put on good matches tho

All this isnt to say I think hes trash, like I think hes a bigger draw than Dolph Ziggler or Ryback and he can be in the mix for the title but I dont think he shoulda won it. WAY too many people win the title now, its almost comparable to how everyone in Boxing has some championship or another........meaningless

edit: dammit I meant to make a poll

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,611 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
Seth Rollins was the favorite of The Shield which was why he got it first. He had an indie background which a lot of hardcore wrestling marks liked and he has the best athleticism. He was a pure athlete, relatable and he was well rounded.

So yes I can understand why he became a main eventer.

Roman Reigns had the look but he was a product of WWE system which fans despised about him. He was also good looking and the women liked him which is a reason why guys don't like him.

The only good looking wrestler who was well liked by the guys and loved by the women was The Rock.

Diana Hunter

戴安娜·亨特
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
412,512 20,199 4,941
Alleybux
I used to like Rollins. I was at WM31 when he cashed in. I just knew Reigns was going to win that night. I was bored with Reigns until he turned heel recently. I think out of all The Shield members Rollins had the most charisma and potential.

SpanishDude

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,702 476 256
Alleybux
Seth Rollins was the favorite of The Shield which was why he got it first. He had an indie background which a lot of hardcore wrestling marks liked and he has the best athleticism. He was a pure athlete, relatable and he was well rounded.

So yes I can understand why he became a main eventer.

Roman Reigns had the look but he was a product of WWE system which fans despised about him. He was also good looking and the women liked him which is a reason why guys don't like him.

The only good looking wrestler who was well liked by the guys and loved by the women was The Rock.

I felt like Ambrose had the most fanfare, but tbh, I was quite faded from wrestlin by then

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,611 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
I felt like Ambrose had the most fanfare, but tbh, I was quite faded from wrestlin by then

He did but he was limited cause of the PG rating, he fell off quickly cause they limited his personality. Seth Rollins had the ability to rise about those limitations.

MOKUJIN

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
111,789 4,434 2,412
Alleybux
If it wasn't for The Shield he'd most definitely have been a midcarder on the main roster.

Watching You

I sacrifice scary b!tches to the graveyard!!!!!!!!
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
36,230 4,172 844
Alleybux
I don't see it for this person. He's an incredible talent in the ring don't get me wrong. Other than his athleticism, there's nothing there. His voice is whiny, his look is generic (how many guys do we need with long dark hair and a beard?), the psychology is missing, and didn't he recklessly injure a couple of people? I don't think he's that great on the mic when it comes to promos; it feels like he's going through the motions. However, I won't hold that against him seeing as how the WWE like to micro manage the hell out of all of their wrestlers. He seems to really thrive in the chicken sh!t heel persona. Honestly, if i placed him in the attitude level era, I could see him being a lower mid carder. Dean always struck me as a low budget Mick Foley/Steve Austin cosplayer. Roman has the look, has the attitude (as seen with his tribal chief gimmick), and he has the move set. It's a shame the company waited so long to turn him heel instead of making him the samoan john cena.

jmont0113

Well......
Reaction score
Reactions
6,399 46 18
Alleybux
Yes, Seth Rollins was my favorite member of the Shield before Roman Reigns heel turn this year. I think Seth is the total package. He can wrestle, cut promos, and reinvent his character when it gets old. I think you might need to go back to his first two years after leaving the Shield and watch his evolution.

Edward Snowden

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,379 1,362 1,344
Alleybux
Dean Ambrose would have been the star had he been apart of the attitude era.

Seth suits this PG era - if he never opened his mouth, he would be the full package. He is better suited as a heel.

Reigns going heel was interesting but I don’t buy it.

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom