Quantcast

Do you feel like your beauty is unique?

aka21

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,260 265 228
Alleybux
In a way. I've been compared to Gabby Union and Ryan Destiny (although I'm under no impression I'm as cute as them lol... I'm the Wisconsin version of them if anything).

However, I don't see what the big deal is if you don't have a unique beauty. Is this the female version of a dick measuring contest?
Yes

sosie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,492 3,313 3,934
Alleybux
I never compared myself to non-black women in that way. I resist the comparison now bc it feels like I’d be giving them too much credit. I also never believed Black women were particularly unattractive or anything at all. I knew/know many beautiful bw but it never crosses my mind what others think

abijean

It's 5:00. Do you know who/where your THUN is?
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
101,499 2,740 1,837
Alleybux
Why humor him?

This Mexican is featured with a bait thread.

A lot of the folks I have on ignore have a disproportionate amount of trending.

:disdain

AstoldbyWind

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
195,750 5,012 1,177
Alleybux
This thread had the potential to be very great but when I read the first post and it was just about weave, I was disappointed. 1/10

KinkyCoily

Vision Blocking Fro
Reaction score
Reactions
148,644 2,121 1,011
Alleybux
Yep, but certainly not as beautiful as the women of LSA. With their smooth skin, piercing eyes, striking features, lovely hair, and slender shapes.

Never could I ever.....
It’s the fact that they are all describing themselves like they’re writing a bio for Tinder or Hinge for me. :ROFLMAO:

Like are y’all trying to get chose by a font or what?

Locanokalala

It's Ya Girllll
Reaction score
Reactions
89,084 4,263 1,468
Alleybux
I'm asking this question because when I go out and see the same women wearing the same lace front wigs, makeup looks, outfits, I tend to think they're all looking the same. Also, when I go to some wig/weave websites, when I see the reviews and seeing mainly Black women wearing 3b,3a hair in the reviews, it's like wow, these companies are making a lot of money off our insecurities and it's causing us all to want the same look or similar.

I know this should be trivial, because other races of people don't stand out that much either especially Asians. Yet, going to a place where like 5-10 other women are going to be wearing the same makeup look, wigs/weaves, outfit as you is just ugh. It seems like why even bother?

Even if we're thick, plenty of women are getting bbls now. It's getting extremely hard to stand out as a woman.
Yeah I do and I shaved the side of my head and wear fedora to prove it. I'm not the prettiest but my unique looks and style get complimented often

yung.bae

♡♡♡
Reaction score
Reactions
239,808 8,271 1,121
Alleybux
It’s the fact that they are all describing themselves like they’re writing a bio for Tinder or Hinge for me. :ROFLMAO:

Like are y’all trying to get chose by a font or what?

I'm ok with fonts hyping themselves up (cuz who will?) but some of them sound like they're trying to convince themselves all of that is true.

Stanbby

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
14 1
Alleybux
I think my definition of unique looking is different than everybody else here. For me an unique looking person is someone that's never been compared to a celebrity or told that they look like someone else, somebody who's looks are very controversial. If everybody tells you that you're beautiful but you never receive a "you look weird" then you're probably not unique looking. A lot of people here are just describing attractiveness, not unique looking features lol

Being unique looking is something that can be very confusing, you never know if you're truly attractive cause your looks are polarizing.

Also, I see natural looking women wayyyyyyyy more compared to girls with wigs and full of makeup.

GOAT4EVR

Stop playing with MJ's name!
Reaction score
Reactions
287,305 9,217 12,106
Alleybux
no. i think i have a very commercial type pretty. it hasn't happened for a while but random people would stop me and tell me they know someone who looks just like me. i seem to have a very familiar face.

There is someone in my town who looks like me according to quite a few. I wish I could meet this person. LOL

GOAT4EVR

Stop playing with MJ's name!
Reaction score
Reactions
287,305 9,217 12,106
Alleybux
I've been gold I'm pretty beautiful my whole life, but I've truly never felt that way. I don't do a lot of makeup or styling, and it used to make me feel bad when I was younger. I'm still not the most glamorous person. I'll put on a nude or brown lipstick or gloss most days and maybe some mascara. I guess I'm just me and trying to accept myself as just me.

PoeticPisces

Too young for MySpace, too old for Tik Tok
Reaction score
Reactions
95,295 2,654 869
Alleybux
I wear nice clothes and shoes because I like to shop. Aside from that, I don’t do anything trendy. No lacefront no lashes no bbl. No shade to the sisses that do. Just not my thing. Being authentic makes anyone stand out.
Exactly makeup should enhance your natural features, not make you into clones.

PoeticPisces

Too young for MySpace, too old for Tik Tok
Reaction score
Reactions
95,295 2,654 869
Alleybux
I'm naturally pretty and don't do the insta thot look. I only wear lipgloss and mascara and still stand out with my hair in a ponytail.
I think sometimes all that makeup makes people look older than they are.
I get at least 10-15 years younger than my age.
I'll be glad when the beat face look is over because it makes me sad that women feel like their natural faces arent good enough. I only get a vacation weave once a year but wear my natural hair 95% off the time.
It’s true, I showed someone a picture when I was a teenager and they said I looked older than then I do now (I used to be obsessed with cat eyes). Now I’m older and both adults and teenagers keep mistaking me for a teenager.

xomysterious

Ur fav habibi girl
Reaction score
Reactions
226 18 3
Alleybux
I’m absolutely not a fan of the new aesthetic. I don’t understand the plastic overdone baby hair and lashes look. I try to mimic 2000s rnb love interest with a touch of contour. As far as uniqueness, there aren’t many people facially, physically, or hair wise that look like me.
Maybe it’s just my circle of friends, but I’ve been noticing that most people are going back to the 2000s aesthetic vibes and I’m living for it

CuuntyAunty

I can’t teach you my magic…
Reaction score
Reactions
101,982 5,083 2,954
Alleybux
I think my definition of unique looking is different than everybody else here. For me an unique looking person is someone that's never been compared to a celebrity or told that they look like someone else, somebody who's looks are very controversial. If everybody tells you that you're beautiful but you never receive a "you look weird" then you're probably not unique looking. A lot of people here are just describing attractiveness, not unique looking features lol

Being unique looking is something that can be very confusing, you never know if you're truly attractive cause your looks are polarizing.

Also, I see natural looking women wayyyyyyyy more compared to girls with wigs and full of makeup.
It’s possibly where I live? I see a lot of glammed up women all the time. I get what you’re saying about being unique looking.

StarStealing

You’re not a real feminist if males aren’t mad
Reaction score
Reactions
26,284 2,487 928
Alleybux
I think everyone looks unique. Even when women accidently wear the same outfits they always add their own accessories/shoes and make it their own. Women might wear the same makeup, but everyone uses it differently to bring out their own features. Same goes for wigs and weaves. Everyone styles their differently. The most unique thing about me, I think, is my hair. At my age, most girls straighten it, or get relaxers. Rarely do I see women with it natural. When I do it's usually short because they spent most of their lives straightening it. It take times to get curls to grow out. Much longer than straight hair. My curls are long, very long, because I spent most of my life, doing nothing. lol

Same with makeup too. I rarely wear it. Do nothing. I am very terrible at "contouring makeup" according to sexist males and women who think applying makeup is an accomplishment or something.

Last edited:

yonilingam

starthug90s
Reaction score
Reactions
10,528 1,567 2,576
Alleybux
Growing up, it was a bigger struggle finding beauty in my features in a world that put the Lenny Kravitz/Prince look on a pedestal (the colorist “light men are feminine” stereotype, but love both as artists) for LS/biracial men.

Having someone like Blake Griffin out there since college has been a breath of fresh air
I don't know why they were put on a pedestal. Prince had an androgynous aesthetic and he was only 5'2 in height and he was ugly. Lenny Kravtis is a dirty bohemian with a alternative lifestyle. He is ugly too . I never understood the hype over either men especially Prince Nelson .

HeHypesMe

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
65,864 2,083 1,316
Alleybux
Does it occur to you as well that most white women look interchangeable for one another too? Or do we only have smoke for black women today? And for the record most black women that I see when i Am out and about are wearing their own real hair or they have braids in. Lace fronts arent as common in everyday life.

This just sounds like an excuse to complain about certain styles adopted among black women. I mean it's LSA, so are we surprised?

OP font was not interested in your actual features, people, they're just too stupid not to conflate physical appearance with pop cultural trends.

Reaction score
Reactions
13,168 467 102
Alleybux
I stay away from Instagram Influencers. So I'm not subconsciously replicating the girlies online. I stay to myself and just do me and there's a ton of beauty in that. Just do you.

Awkward girl

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,206 271 38
Alleybux
I'm only going to go by what I was told by my husband and other people's reactions to me. I was told no one looks like me in a crowd of people. People stare like I'm someone important and it weirds me out. It usually has me thinking I have wings growing out of my back or something for those reactions. lol

Toomuchsawce

Your highness
Reaction score
Reactions
5,905 462 181
Alleybux
I thought I was until my daughter said she seen a girl that looks like me at the pool the other day I said she look like me she was like yeah

NiaSong

Tea and Gossip Lovers
Reaction score
Reactions
34,620 1,176 374
Alleybux
You’re such an asshole for saying that! For reference I’m tall and thin too.
Right. Beauty and standing out is subjective. Everyone thinks they are something special and they stand out fat, average or skinny. Thick women think they are better than slim women and slim women think they are better than thick women.

HIATUSSS

DONE WITH THIS SITE.
Reaction score
Reactions
58,069 3,013 1,243
Alleybux
I'm asking this question because when I go out and see the same women wearing the same lace front wigs, makeup looks, outfits, I tend to think they're all looking the same. Also, when I go to some wig/weave websites, when I see the reviews and seeing mainly Black women wearing 3b,3a hair in the reviews, it's like wow, these companies are making a lot of money off our insecurities and it's causing us all to want the same look or similar.

I know this should be trivial, because other races of people don't stand out that much either especially Asians. Yet, going to a place where like 5-10 other women are going to be wearing the same makeup look, wigs/weaves, outfit as you is just ugh. It seems like why even bother?

Even if we're thick, plenty of women are getting bbls now. It's getting extremely hard to stand out as a woman.
My beauty is definitely unique. I don’t look like any other “trendy” woman and that’s my super power. I only wear natural looking styles where no non-black woman can ever accuse me of trying to copy their hair. I also don’t wear a ton of makeup and have my own style, not what’s popular

Ms. Jones

You Wish You Had My Life
Reaction score
Reactions
3,614 55 5
Alleybux
I use to have the standard instagram girl look however when COVID happened I got microlocs, started doing natural makeup, natural looking lashes and it has been a game changer. Locs were the best decision I have ever made.

Bo thick

A kind soul
Reaction score
Reactions
10,909 413 157
Alleybux
No. But I make my features work for me, and that’s okay. I think when people really get to know me that’s when I really shine through.

IrisOsiris

Last friday night
Reaction score
Reactions
101,863 3,302 3,198
Alleybux
Why are some of you so damn triggered? Did you not read my paragraph in full where I mentioned other races?

And lace fronts and wigs/weaves are common, maybe not too you, but they are! Go to any major Black city and it's weave/wig galore (Detroit, Atlanta, etc)
Im always triggered. Its my favorite past time. But to answer the thread title yes i feel that my beauty is unique. I usually stand out in most places i go because im often one of the few black women in places i frequent or the only one. Ive never come across or seen another person who looks anything like me so that makes me feel even more unique. The reason why i went on a diatribe about weaves and wigs is because black women get murdered constantly over wigs and weaves and even though i personally almost never wear them i am starting to get annoyed on behalf of the ladies who do. Let them live. If they wanna cover their hair or ‘protect it’ then why criticize them? Now i just hate lace fronts so i have lambasted those plenty on here but at the end of the day i have no ill will towards the wig/weave crew. Most of those ladies do show their real hair from time to time so it doesnt matter if they do the wig thing too.

kid idiot

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
7,123 97 8
Alleybux
I think so based off of other people’s comments about me! I was told a couple times with people im friends with that they weren’t sure i would have wanted to be friends with them because i seem like an essentric/colorful person. I often get compared to a fairy which was not the impression i thought i gave out until i started hearing that more often haha. I wasn’t on board with it at first because in my mind as someone who wanted to appear more mature, i thought that it meant i came off as childish. it doesn’t help that ive been told i look pretty innocent regarding my features, but i just learned to embrace it really and now i think its one of the best parts about me.

regarding women and wanting follow the same trends, i dont necessarily think its a bad thing. some people want to fit in rather than to stand out and that is completely normal human behaviour. some people might just like that particular style in general. I wont fault them for that, honestly. My concerns more or less lie with people getting more BBLs as it is potentially dangerous and Imo I would honestly like to see more people with their natural hair out or wigs/weaves that look like their natural hair simply because i feel like it deserves more recognition and representation, but thats just my opinion based on what i see on the daily

Ilykeggs

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,675 3,273 684
Alleybux
Honestly I'm pretty average overall. Average height, and size. I look just like Alissa and Arnell. Same skintone and facial features but I like my lips more because my cupids bow is a bit more defined. Nothing about me stands out too much. I have a lot of great features but so do a lot of people.

Luxheaux

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
38,333 2,115 903
Alleybux
Yes I look like Beyoncé

200.gif

DreamFantasy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,150 549 145
Alleybux
Yes, just being tall with long legs, a slim yet somewhat curvy body makes me stand out. I also dress elegantly(dresses and heels with accessories) especially compared to the slobs especially in America(moving out of here soon) and I have thick/dense black waist length natural curly hair. The only makeup that I wear is eye makeup with highlighter and I try to never overdo it. My face is not attractive in my opinion but I'm planning on getting plastic surgery later for my breasts and certain face surgeries.