Quantcast

Do you know how to listen to God more closely? I feel like I’m getting the calling.

Cryeisha

The High Priestess
Reaction score
Reactions
166,821 21,299 10,690
Alleybux
(This isn’t a joke thread; Roman Catholic) I don’t know what’s going on with me right now but I’m really looking into my faith right, and I feel compel to talk about religion almost non-stop in my personal life. I also bought some religious items too and I want to read the whole Bible. I just feel like I want my soul to pure and see God and all that... I feel holy, if that makes sense but that’s not it either.

I go through these phases once in a while where I’m really religious, but this time it feels different. I feel like I should be doing something more. This week I help spread the lord’s message and I had some people go to Church, who haven’t gone in months maybe years (kind of felt good). I just order a biography of a nun too.

Does anyone know how to listen to God more closely to see if he’s trying to say what I think he’s trying to say?

I’m not married and in a way it is realistic for me to be a nun... I just don’t know though. I’m in college right now too.

v1.bjsxNjQ5MzQwO2o7MTg3ODQ7MTIwMDsxOTIwOzEwODA

Smaddyone

Guh suh
Reaction score
Reactions
94,708 4,426 2,747
Alleybux
I hear you.

I've received a similar compulsion and I'm reading through.
Its a heart feeling

I guess just do what you're already doing. Its a focus state of being, there are infinite ways to achieve that imo, hence why there are so many rituals in different religions to achieve that same state.

Cryeisha

The High Priestess
Reaction score
Reactions
166,821 21,299 10,690
Alleybux
@Smaddyone

I agree. I just don’t know if it’s a phase right now either (but this phase visit me often).

I mean if it’s the calling it’s the calling. I am slightly worried what my family might think (they shouldn’t think too much cause they are Catholics too). I don’t know though. A lot to think about right now.

I don’t really feel like I want marriage anymore... it’s not that I’m against love, but it’s just not there anymore. It’s like I can take it or leave it.

Xiana

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
26,029 1,220 275
Alleybux
A lot of people are feeling the same way as you OP. I’ve been seeing similar comments on tik tok.

I’m also seeing atheists admire China Mcclain’s videos even when they usually wouldn’t. I’d say there’s a slight shift.

Christian tik tok has been very encouraging. I’d recommend you use tik tok to spread the message and find some tips.

Smaddyone

Guh suh
Reaction score
Reactions
94,708 4,426 2,747
Alleybux
@Smaddyone

I agree. I just don’t know if it’s a phase right now either (but this phase visit me often).

I mean if it’s the calling it’s the calling. I am slightly worried what my family might think (they shouldn’t think too much cause they are Catholics too). I don’t know though. A lot to think about right now.

I don’t really feel like I want marriage anymore... it’s not that I’m against love, but it’s just not there anymore. It’s like I can take it or leave it.

You can't worry too much what others think especially those who aren't God centered right now. Make sure you're aware, you're still in the dunya, don't be crazy, don't try to force anything on anyone.

Just yesterday I had this conversation with my cousin who's a muslim about how difficult it is to bw a real (insert religion) here in babylon aka the dunya aka worldly life but I told him Jesus life was an example of how to strive to uphold God's law in Rome. Give to Cesar what is due unto Cesar but make an independent stand amongst them and your brethren and sistren in the name of the I AM

It could be a phase for now, but doesn't make it any less legitimate, Ecclesiastes shows us that there is a time for everything. Also remember the devil is a liar, what is doubt?

On the question of marriage, I'm less focused on that now myself... I'm meditating on that

Last edited:

Sheeeesh88

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
61,492 1,576 663
Alleybux
I feel the same. Started reading the Bible from cover to cover, I'm about 1/6 way through and I'm ashamed I never attempted to read it in it's entirety until now at age 33. But it's never too late or too early to devote your life to the Lord. You're in good company op.

Belle Gray

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,109 197 19
Alleybux
OP, every good and perfect gift comes from God and the steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord. Don't stress over it or overthink. Continue to make yourself available to God. He'll speak to you and guide you. Keep studying your bible and going into prayer and worship. Ask Him for wisdom. Journal what you hear. He won't steer you wrong. Don't worry about what others think. You must be obedient to whatever His call is. He'll take care of everyone else. We were all placed here for a purpose. No one can dictate what God has ordained for you.

Cryeisha

The High Priestess
Reaction score
Reactions
166,821 21,299 10,690
Alleybux
Please follow the nudge. God wants to make you aware of Him and His Word.
It’s hard to say, I did a lot of deep thinking this morning and I think the grass might be greener on the other side. The Catholic Church is kind of corrupted at this moment, I’m just going to pray on it some more though.

I mean I feel something but its just a feeling.

Cryeisha

The High Priestess
Reaction score
Reactions
166,821 21,299 10,690
Alleybux
@Sheeeesh88

It’s always been in the back burner of my mind, I kind of only read genesis and the revelations entirely. I don’t think it’s ever too late , until it’s really too late. Good luck on your journey.

Smaddyone

Guh suh
Reaction score
Reactions
94,708 4,426 2,747
Alleybux
It’s hard to say, I did a lot of deep thinking this morning and I think the grass might be greener on the other side. The Catholic Church is kind of corrupted at this moment, I’m just going to pray on it some more though.

I mean I feel something but its just a feeling.

The Catholic church isn't the guardian of the Word. The Word was before that church and it will be after. So don't let the corruption of men put you off.

The Culture

News Alley

Ask LSA

Top Bottom