Quantcast

Do you lose your race/ethnicity in heaven?

Tnorfeurt

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,348 176 159
Alleybux
As a child I was eagerly excited about getting to heaven and hugging everyone I had lost. Until my pastor shot me down and said everyone was just souls in heaven.

Lexonfiyah

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,828 447 181
Alleybux
As a child I was eagerly excited about getting to heaven and hugging everyone I had lost. Until my pastor shot me down and said everyone was just souls in heaven.
Lmfaooo. He ain’t have to do that. This feels like the time I was shut down about my dog not going into heaven. I felt so bad.

hellokitty

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
32,075 1,352 882
Alleybux
Like everyone just become race-less in heaven.

I was just wondering about this for some reason.

we are spirits once we leave the earthly realm. we are spirits now , just in an earthly body to be able to legally operate in this realm, chemicals like melanin will not be a classification system in the spiritual realm lol.

Poitiers

Queen of Plates
Reaction score
Reactions
45,307 797 112
Alleybux
The bible really isn't clear on that. Growing up I was told that we're all going to be brothers and sisters in heaven, which I thought meant we shed away any divisions we had on Earth.

BUT the bible has sections that implying we'll be recognizable in heaven. Here is an article on that: Will we be able to see and know our friends and family members in Heaven? Will we know each other in Heaven? | GotQuestions.org

Basically it says that people in the bible like Moses and Elijah were recognizable in the afterlife. Meaning that we'll likely keep how we look and people will know it's us, so that would mean we keep our race/ethnicity. Also, in the end times we're supposed to be reunited with our Earthly bodies, so even if our souls have no race we'll still be back here.

Now to me, what I take away: nobody knows for sure, all we can take away is that how we look, our race, and our trauma isn't going to affect us in a negative way in heaven. So you might be black in heaven but aren't going to be discriminated against, you'll be loved for who you are.

MariJay

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,019 689 327
Alleybux
Whoever told you that is ignorant.The book of revelations clearly states that Apostle John saw animals in heaven too. He said they also had been promoted to glory there.Your pooch is peacefully resting in heaven with the Lord.
Lmfaooo. He ain’t have to do that. This feels like the time I was shut down about my dog not going into heaven. I felt so bad.

soulbusta

#JesusSaves
Reaction score
Reactions
743 34 18
Alleybux
Whoever told you that is ignorant.The book of revelations clearly states that Apostle John saw animals in heaven too. He said they also had been promoted to glory there.Your pooch is peacefully resting in heaven with the Lord.

people need to be careful for what they say to people regarding heaven. My grand uncle said once my cat died it was gone and dead, couldn’t go to heaven and that affected me so much I strayed away from church for years after that

thanks!

ExquisiteMelanin

Supporting Abused women regardless of race
Reaction score
Reactions
183,752 3,098 2,605
Alleybux

:LOL:!
I don't know. Not trying to know for a very long ass time from now.
giphy.gif

lol

Dion22x

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,926 19 2
Alleybux
I’m guessing God knows no race so there won’t be any segregation. So pretty much, everyone loses their race in heaven.

YaGiRaKn

‘Repent! For the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.’
Reaction score
Reactions
5,893 295 80
Alleybux
No because Israel will be priest/kings. The new Jerusalem has gates named after the twelve tribes and foundations named after the apostles. Gentiles will be on the outer courts.
So there's some distinction there.

Also we will be in our glorified bodies, so everyone has a look. When Christ rose after 3 days, he was still recognizable in his glorified body.

RickyLove

Rookie
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
57 3 1
Alleybux
Do you ever look at horses and think how beautiful they are? Horses come in all colors and patterns and ALL are equally gorgeous. I think it might be that way for us too when we die. We will have perfect, glorified and NEW bodies and we will ALL be BEAUTIFUL! We are ALL one race, the human race, but of different shades of melanin which, sadly, tend to define us. It won't be like that in Heaven.

LaVieBoheme

Block and ignore the racists. Don’t feed them.
Reaction score
Reactions
358,289 10,574 2,206
Alleybux
I’m guessing God knows no race so there won’t be any segregation. So pretty much, everyone loses their race in heaven.

If God doesn't know race, then why did he create us to look different?

Surely He could foresee how some would oppress others based on how they look, or their gender, etc.

If God wanted us to all be treated the same, why make us look different?

GOAT4EVR

Stop playing with MJ's name!
Reaction score
Reactions
287,305 9,217 12,106
Alleybux
The bible really isn't clear on that. Growing up I was told that we're all going to be brothers and sisters in heaven, which I thought meant we shed away any divisions we had on Earth.

BUT the bible has sections that implying we'll be recognizable in heaven. Here is an article on that: Will we be able to see and know our friends and family members in Heaven? Will we know each other in Heaven? | GotQuestions.org

Basically it says that people in the bible like Moses and Elijah were recognizable in the afterlife. Meaning that we'll likely keep how we look and people will know it's us, so that would mean we keep our race/ethnicity. Also, in the end times we're supposed to be reunited with our Earthly bodies, so even if our souls have no race we'll still be back here.

Now to me, what I take away: nobody knows for sure, all we can take away is that how we look, our race, and our trauma isn't going to affect us in a negative way in heaven. So you might be black in heaven but aren't going to be discriminated against, you'll be loved for who you are.

Paul's own words negate this, though. At 1 Corinthians 15:20, he said Jesus was the "firstfruits" of the heavenly resurrection, and that those belonging to Christ would go afterwards. So if he was the first, how are Moses, Elijah, and David's son in heaven? They didn't even know Christ. They lived and died way before he was on Earth.

Also, the Scriptures are very clear that flesh and blood cannot enter heaven. Jesus went back as a spirit. Paul also said in 1 Corinthians 15:50 that flesh and blood can't inherit God's heavenly kingdom.

However, just to add an additional point, Jesus told us what flesh and blood can inherit. He said at Matthew 5:5 that the meek shall inherit the earth. This to me implies there will be a different resurrection that's separate from a heavenly one.

This is in line with what Job (another faithful servant of God who lived and died before Jesus was on earth) said at Job 14:13-15:

"If only you would hide me in the grave
and conceal me till your anger has passed!
If only you would set me a time
and then remember me!

If someone dies, will they live again?
All the days of my hard service
I will wait for my renewal to come.
You will call and I will answer you;
you will long for the creature your hands have made."

Clearly, he didn't go right to heaven at death. Clearly he's waiting for something else.

Sorry for the length y'all.

Last edited:

MZJazzmine

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,780 243 206
Alleybux

While I'm late to the party as usual maybe this will help...

Revelation 7:9 ISV (International Standard Version)

After these things I looked, and there was a crowd so large that no one was able to count it! They were from every nation, tribe, people, and language. They were standing in front of the throne and the lamb and were wearing white robes, with palm branches in their hands.

Apparently we're NOT going to be without "color" in heaven but it also doesn't seem like it will matter...

Ignosce me

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
90,481 6,014 4,169
Alleybux
Those whose names are in the book of life will be resurrected to glorified bodies that will be perfect and never age or decay.

I assume our bodies will be perfect versions of the ones we have now. So yes people will still have different skin colors and hair textures, but because we will no longer be of the flesh we will be no longer hate others for any reason.

Ignosce me

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
90,481 6,014 4,169
Alleybux
If God doesn't know race, then why did he create us to look different?

Surely He could foresee how some would oppress others based on how they look, or their gender, etc.

If God wanted us to all be treated the same, why make us look different?
I wouldnt say God created us to look different, I would say God created Adam and Eve (and every Kind of animal) with diversity in their DNA. I don't believe in evolution but I do believe God created us to be able to adapt to the environment we live in.