Quantcast

does anyone else have experience with anxiety/ptsd?

Mz.Chancellor

Old Money
Reaction score
Reactions
511 19 3
Alleybux
Ive been suffering from anxiety since i had an assault 10 yrs ago. I had my first anxiety attack a few months after it happened. I also had another traumatic event happen last year. I over think alot and worry. Im not on any medicine and dont beleive in it. I always think the worst but prayer as well as me being optimistic about thinhs have helped. Alot of times i like to be by myself and dont like anyone getting close to me especially those who i dont have a good feeling about. My logic is that only i understand me and im not trying to help no one understand me. I often drift off into deep thoughts alot. No suicidal thoughts at all. I do consider myself to have an alter ego however i keep that to myself too. I even function well at work and in everyday life. When i do express to my mom abt my anxiety she just brushes it off because she dont understand it. I dont really express much to her because she kept me sheltered as a kid and treat me like im the only friend she has. She doesnt like for any man to be close to me and i always felt pressured to do things to either keep or mouth shut abt me or to keep her happy but im tired of that too. Sorry about the long rant....no i havent seeked professional help at all.

Princefanxo

At the wrecka stow
Reaction score
Reactions
136,412 1,887 1,059
Alleybux
I don't have any experience about what you are talking about but I definitely think you should talk to a professional. There's nothing wrong with that. They are professionally trained and can help you sort out what happened to you. Make that a goal for the new year. Good luck.

pinktee18

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,003 374 12
Alleybux
I was also assaulted and I've had anxiety since I was kid. What fixed my ptsd for me was EMDR therapy I can't praise it enough. It's differnet then your talk therapy because it works through the trauma and I've had years of issues fixed in a few sessions.

News Alley

Top Bottom