Quantcast

Does anyone know anything about Pastor Bill Winston?

triselle

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,278 271 241
Alleybux
Donald Lawrence seem to praise this man everywhere he goes. The Law of Confession CD is based off a book/sermon Winston preached. I heard some of his sermons and he seem to talk about prosperity. Has anyone heard of him?

fabulsdom

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,482 1
Alleybux
yes! my uncle and grandfather are both pastors and he is their pastor. like their mentor of sorts. his nephew, pastor winston lives in the bay area. he owns a car dealership there too. most of his teachings are faith and prosperity based. he was at my church a couple months ago for our yearly faith conference. when he preaches, he flies in and flies out the same night most of the time. his church is pretty prominent too. his ministry owns a bank near the church and a mall i believe as well. in a couple months his christian business college, "joseph business school" will be opening a branch in our church

Bubba Bexley

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
342,466 19,422 1,283
Alleybux
There is a prominent minister named Bill Winston in the Chicago/surrounding suburban area as well. I had a relative that left the church because he was constantly speaking of prosperity. Not sure of this is the man you speak of. He has alot of faith based teachings as well.

fabulsdom

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,482 1
Alleybux
There is a prominent minister named Bill Winston in the Chicago/surrounding suburban area as well. I had a relative that left the church because he was constantly speaking of prosperity. Not sure of this is the man you speak of. He has alot of faith based teachings as well.

yes. thats him.

and what did your relative want him to speak on. being poor. Prosperity is the state of flourishing, thriving, success. if you (not u in particular. i mean in general) are put off by encouragement, then maybe u should convert

Bubba Bexley

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
342,466 19,422 1,283
Alleybux
yes. thats him.

and what did your relative want him to speak on. being poor. Prosperity is the state of flourishing, thriving, success. if you (not u in particular. i mean in general) are put off by encouragement, then maybe u should convert

It was my aunt who decided to leave. She's a senior and has done well for herself. She believes as I do, that a church should a have well rounded spiritual platform. She got tired of hearing about having faith to get a new Cadillac, week after week.

It got tired. She desired a deeper, meatier sermon on such subjects as fasting and prayer, hell, etc. She felt that she was not being spiritually fed and she had every right to leave.

I have no ill feelings against Winston, but he wasn't a good fit for her. Such is life.

fabulsdom

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,482 1
Alleybux
It was my aunt who decided to leave. She's a senior and has done well for herself. She believes as I do, that a church should a have well rounded spiritual platform. She got tired of hearing about having faith to get a new Cadillac, week after week.

It got tired. She desired a deeper, meatier sermon on such subjects as fasting and prayer, hell, etc. She felt that she was not being spiritually fed and she had every right to leave.

I have no ill feelings against Winston, but he wasn't a good fit for her. Such is life.

i can totally understand what you're saying. not all pastors are diverse and well rounded in their messages, and not all pastors are for everyone. but a minister will teach on lessons and messages catered to their congregation.

larger and international ministries preach a lot on faith, prosperity, soul winning and growth while more communal churches will speak on the issues of their immediate surroundings.

i think because i can always just ask my parents and grandparents for the "deeper" meanings in their prosperity messages i know that its an encouragement to have faith. so i just personally never fully understood why so many people shun away from teachings on faith, prosperity and finance. i know that its sometimes perceived as "the pastor wants your money".

triselle

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,278 271 241
Alleybux
Yes, I'm speaking of Pastor Winston in Chicago. I do not listen to prosperity so called ministers. It's very simple to prosper.Get up and go to work. Also, save your money. There is no magic tricks to it. In the bible, it says a man that doesn't labor/work won't eat. Ministers need to get back to the basics of saving souls. From what I hear, his church is ran like a business class.

AllLashes

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
180,028 3,953 397
Alleybux
I've always wanted to visit his suburban church, IL church--I've heard nothing but good things from younger members. I don't know anything personally though.

never got around to it, I sometimes catch him on tv though.

I know of several "well to do" families that attend, one lady I used to work with, a sweet young lady..she was about her paper though, she was married and pushing a brand new benzo at the age of 22..sweet girl, she left for more money and took a job in the northern suburbs.

she was raised in that church, I think she told me. she was always positive and not trying to push him down my throat.

veman96054

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
20,535 184 115
Alleybux
yes. thats him.

Prosperity ministries are basically pimping the congregation. They want you to sow a seed in the ministry (in which they keep) and God will send you 2 fold or even 10 fold what you put in. Your next level wont come unless you tithe. You are jut going through a season of bad things. SOund familiar. And I never heard the man. I heard several tell people to give them $100 dollars and when they get home $300 will be waiting in their mailbox.

They usually loosely base their sermons on the Bible. Never taking consecutive verses.

The economy is showing the fallacy of their doctrine.

In one church in Baltimore, the fallacy of the prosperity religion resulted in several prominent deacons doing time for embezzlement. One recently from the retirement funds of State worker. They had to out do each other to show they are God's chosen.

Run from the minsiters who preach this doctrine.

veman96054

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
20,535 184 115
Alleybux
i can totally understand what you're saying. not all pastors are diverse and well rounded in their messages, and not all pastors are for everyone. but a minister will teach on lessons and messages catered to their congregation.

larger and international ministries preach a lot on faith, prosperity, soul winning and growth while more communal churches will speak on the issues of their immediate surroundings.

i think because i can always just ask my parents and grandparents for the "deeper" meanings in their prosperity messages i know that its an encouragement to have faith. so i just personally never fully understood why so many people shun away from teachings on faith, prosperity and finance. i know that its sometimes perceived as "the pastor wants your money".
Cause he does.

Faith is important to teach.

The prosperity ministers often only focus on material goods, which is not Biblically sound.

Helping people get financially mature is important. Whenever a church does it people get taken advantage of.

Money should not be mentioned in the defination of who a church is. If they talk to much about finances, then something is wrong.

However.

Feel free to sow a seed into veman's ministry. You are sure to be blessed with a 13 fold increase in your prosperity

Send it to

Common Sense Church of the Living
666 Wake up and smell the coffee way
Atlanta Ga 30312