Quantcast

Does Anyone Play Genshin Impact?

tescobag

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,840 182 22
Alleybux
I can’t lie I feel like I’m definitely burnt out with Genshin cus I don’t seem to be as hyped as I was for Sumeru. Fontaine is beautiful but i don’t feel as excited for it.

megaevolvedthot

pretty little risky baddie
Reaction score
Reactions
50,088 627 185
Alleybux
I can’t lie I feel like I’m definitely burnt out with Genshin cus I don’t seem to be as hyped as I was for Sumeru. Fontaine is beautiful but i don’t feel as excited for it.

I’ve been feeling the same way a bit although I’ll definitely play through it. I think Inazuma was so exciting because it was the first real new region since launch. And Sumeru finally brought Dendro so that was exciting too. Since Fontaine isn’t bringing anything exactly new other than diving, it’s gonna have to give good lore at the very least. After Fontaine, there’s only Natlan and Snezhnaya left and we’re still getting little actual info and tbh I feel like the story just hasn’t really progressed to say we’re halfway through it

megaevolvedthot

Reaction score
Reactions
50,088 627 185
Alleybux
Same re Tighnari. He was such a blessing for my account for several reasons (pc controller player aka troubles with bow dps). That's why I'm on the fence for childe, I won't be able to correctly use halve his skit.

The character with this passive this time is Lyney I think. Again bow user....I need to see his full skit and how controller friendly it is e9

If Lyney has the specialty passive I may have to rework my whole team. I’ve been destroying everything with my Nahida/Keqing/Koko/Tighnari combo, it’s gonna be hard to give it up ;-; I’m gonna do his character test run before I start pulling!

megaevolvedthot

Reaction score
Reactions
50,088 627 185
Alleybux
E2326D04-E0AB-434F-8B58-056B0E47CD07.jpeg

I know it’s been like 12 hours but who finished the archon quests bc it took me on a ROLLER COASTER!

Anyone who played Ace Attorney like me was fully prepared for it. Haven’t had to use that part of my brain in so long!

tescobag

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,840 182 22
Alleybux
View attachment 5035961

I know it’s been like 12 hours but who finished the archon quests bc it took me on a ROLLER COASTER!

Anyone who played Ace Attorney like me was fully prepared for it. Haven’t had to use that part of my brain in so long!
Ace attorney?! I started playing the archon quest earlier but got busy. I’m excited to finish it based on what you’ve said haha

megaevolvedthot

Reaction score
Reactions
50,088 627 185
Alleybux
Ace attorney?! I started playing the archon quest earlier but got busy. I’m excited to finish it based on what you’ve said haha

Yes gurl! The traveler is a defense attorney now! Some of the mechanics are similar to ace attorney too! Furina is like if Franziska von Karma and Fischl had a baby lol

tescobag

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,840 182 22
Alleybux
Lmao can’t wait!!
Ok so I played it and it was good for the most part, I just can’t help but feel a little underwhelmed though not gonna lie. I think I overthought a lot of the gameplay and most of its was pretty much paimon telling me where everything was so I felt quite limited but hey ho. Props for introducing new gameplay mechanics, even though some of the story was a bit difficult to follow. The Ace Attorney comparisons kinda messed with my expectations haha.

megaevolvedthot

Reaction score
Reactions
50,088 627 185
Alleybux
Ok so I played it and it was good for the most part, I just can’t help but feel a little underwhelmed though not gonna lie. I think I overthought a lot of the gameplay and most of its was pretty much paimon telling me where everything was so I felt quite limited but hey ho. Props for introducing new gameplay mechanics, even though some of the story was a bit difficult to follow. The Ace Attorney comparisons kinda messed with my expectations haha.

Did you finish both quests because I got some thoughts about that ending to the second one! Also my MO when playing Ace Attorney is to button smash all the evidence to all the statements and hope for the best so I’m just comparing chaos to chaos atp.

tescobag

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,840 182 22
Alleybux
Did you finish both quests because I got some thoughts about that ending to the second one! Also my MO when playing Ace Attorney is to button smash all the evidence to all the statements and hope for the best so I’m just comparing chaos to chaos atp.
Yeah I finished both quests.

DevilCookie

Embrace the glorious mess that you are
Reaction score
Reactions
18,791 464 105
Alleybux
I think this archon quest was the weakest so far, I wasn't even that un-invested during inazuma and I hate inazuma and Ei :censored:

obviously, it still can completely change with the next part but it was sooo much of that Navia lady, I had trouble following it out of boredom.

Only Neuvilette and the theory that he's the hydro-dragon sovereign is of course very interesting and Childe being in prison now is an interesting cliffhanger and I have my theory it'll be something with Arlecchino. She probably threw him in prison just for the fun of it lol.

Btw, I got myself a Lyney and GOSH that little thing can do damage damn e5 I know this annoys the Korean incels even more lol (there was some noise about them really hardcore hating on him bc he's not female....as if they haven't played since day 1 and Venti being in almost every event : unamused:). I'm not a man but does it really matter if a twink wears a corset (Venti) or stockings (Lyney) lol

Disclosure

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
38,449 2,163 673
Alleybux
I want to start playing this game so bad, but I’m trying to wait until the game comes on the Switch because my phone can’t handle it and I only own a MacBook as my computer. I wish I had started playing in the beginning though, because I really wanted Venti when his banner was still up.
2 years later and it's still not on switch. Did you devide to try the game

Reaction score
Reactions
7,000 67 62
Alleybux
2 years later and it's still not on switch. Did you devide to try the game
Yes girl! I finally started playing on mobile like two years ago and then just got a PS5 a couple months back, so now I'm playing on that. Loving the new Fontaine region so far!

DevilCookie

Reaction score
Reactions
18,791 464 105
Alleybux
Are the husbando collectors ready to feast?

genshin-impact-genshin.gif

5b70cabbf14a4c60f992b72f424eae3e988a217d.gifv

I am more than ready
winnie-the-pooh-ready-to-eat.gif

by the way, I finally got myself a Childe (I was back and forth with his playstyle and design for 2 years now). I'm still not 100% comfortable with how to play him but Albedo fixes all bow-user issues and damn that Ed Sheran double can do damage :oops: now they need to give him a new skin

tescobag

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,840 182 22
Alleybux
I need wriothesly or however you spell it you don’t even understand, I thought I would try and wish for Yelan last time and lost 50/50 to friggin tighnari so I’ve been grinding for the primogems since. If I don’t get this guy at low pity at least….

:giggle:

lovedive

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,902 2,268 75
Alleybux
Are the husbando collectors ready to feast?

genshin-impact-genshin.gif

5b70cabbf14a4c60f992b72f424eae3e988a217d.gifv

I am more than ready
winnie-the-pooh-ready-to-eat.gif

by the way, I finally got myself a Childe (I was back and forth with his playstyle and design for 2 years now). I'm still not 100% comfortable with how to play him but Albedo fixes all bow-user issues and damn that Ed Sheran double can do damage :oops: now they need to give him a new skin
I'm pulling for Neuvillette. Handsome tall Bishounens are my type.
363e8-16908019645552-1920.jpg

Kabibi

Angolan Barbie
Reaction score
Reactions
8,533 437 220
Alleybux
this archon quest long as hell lmao
it is. I started when it dropped and I'm stiil stuck at finding clues and talking to people in Meropide. It's tedious, so took a break. Anybody else here, who enjoys playing Genshin TCG?

Kabibi

Angolan Barbie
Reaction score
Reactions
8,533 437 220
Alleybux
Finally finished the archon quest. TBH i expected a different vibe/ story going by the trailer. I prefered part 1 of the story i hope the story will be better next patch. Well, all in all it's still better than the Inazuma Archon Quest. Also where the heck is Childe? It seems like not even his fellow Harbingers care/ are worried about him lol, that's sad.
I can't wait for 4.2 since i have saved 200 Wishes so far for Furina. I hope her Gameplay leaks won't be disappointing.

DevilCookie

Reaction score
Reactions
18,791 464 105
Alleybux
Anybody else here, who enjoys playing Genshin TCG?

Yes meee! But I really wish there would be short introduction videos or tutorials per new (character) card. After 9 hours pc work I don't want to read the sh!tty and confusing translations to find out how to best play a new character and/or best support cards for them. And even yt fantutorials are just with text instead of voiced, jeez.

There are so many new cards now and I would love to use more teams but when the challenge is slightly harder I go back to the cyno, pyro agent, bennett safety deck bc it's 85% of the times unkilleable and slaps hard. But it's boring to always use the same.

Kabibi

Angolan Barbie
Reaction score
Reactions
8,533 437 220
Alleybux
Yes meee! But I really wish there would be short introduction videos or tutorials per new (character) card. After 9 hours pc work I don't want to read the sh!tty and confusing translations to find out how to best play a new character and/or best support cards for them. And even yt fantutorials are just with text instead of voiced, jeez.

There are so many new cards now and I would love to use more teams but when the challenge is slightly harder I go back to the cyno, pyro agent, bennett safety deck bc it's 85% of the times unkilleable and slaps hard. But it's boring to always use the same.

ikr the first few tcg games after an update suck. Especially if the other player is already using the new cards and your still figuring out how to counter them and what to expect. One of the newer Characters i hate playing against is Wanderer. He can target your Characters on standby. I just got my ass handed to me twice in a row by people who used him.

tescobag

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,840 182 22
Alleybux
I eventually finished it, it was really tedious ngl but I liked the later parts of the quest. The cutscenes were really cool. Still hoping to pull for my guy Wriothesly.

Paimon was annoying as usual, so it goes without saying. You'd think if you were going on an undercover mission like that you'd just keep your mouth shut to not draw as much attention but she was going around yapping as if she needed to prove something lmao.

Almost gave away the reason why we were Meropide to begin with.
It would have been better if the traveller just did this mission by themselves cus Paimon wasn't really doing anything and it took away the seriousness of the situation, but of course we can’t seperate the traveller and Paimon.

Another thing was that the music in Meropide was so jarring :ROFLMAO:.
I understand the vibe they were going for, but it was so loud. I got jumped so many times everytime the soundtrack started playing. Doing too much tbh.

I really liked the dynamic between Wriothesly, Clorinde and Neuvilette, especially Wrio and Clorinde. Feels like there's not many ‘adult’ characters in Genshin especially two adult characters that are relevant to the main story interacting, so it was funny to see them and their banter.

DevilCookie

Reaction score
Reactions
18,791 464 105
Alleybux
I eventually finished it, it was really tedious ngl but I liked the later parts of the quest. The cutscenes were really cool. Still hoping to pull for my guy Wriothesly.

Paimon was annoying as usual, so it goes without saying. You'd think if you were going on an undercover mission like that you'd just keep your mouth shut to not draw as much attention but she was going around yapping as if she needed to prove something lmao.

Almost gave away the reason why we were Meropide to begin with.
It would have been better if the traveller just did this mission by themselves cus Paimon wasn't really doing anything and it took away the seriousness of the situation, but of course we can’t seperate the traveller and Paimon.

Another thing was that the music in Meropide was so jarring :ROFLMAO:.
I understand the vibe they were going for, but it was so loud. I got jumped so many times everytime the soundtrack started playing. Doing too much tbh.

I really liked the dynamic between Wriothesly, Clorinde and Neuvilette, especially Wrio and Clorinde. Feels like there's not many ‘adult’ characters in Genshin especially two adult characters that are relevant to the main story interacting, so it was funny to see them and their banter.

through as well finally (I had to do it in several sessions because the middle part was as you say, tedious. The start was great and the end, all in the middle was uuuufff

totally agree with your spoiler part. Wish we'd see more of them together.

what I however find badly executed:
first of all, they showed all the highlights already in the trailer so it was like not that WOW-effect to me when the scenes then happened (Wriothesly running away from the water, Neuvilette fighting it back alone). They could have kept the Neuvilette part sealed without spoilers in the trailer, really. It already manifested back then that he was the hydro dragon.

Second of all, A fµck!ng DRAGON SOVEREIGN WALKING AROUND SHOULDN'T JUST BE A QUICK SKIPPABLE NOTE IN A DISCUSSION AFTER THE BIG SCENE. He literally is the most lore-relevant of all the current characters, like whuat??? The dragon sovereigns reigned the land before that asshole of primordial one appeared, stole their land and power and gave it to the fuckers of archons (sorry Venti and Zhongli, I love you 2 but as things stand currently, you are fuckers because you are archons and support the bµllsh!t, reigning on stolen power from the dragons). I am Team Dragon Sovereigns forever :arrogant

though there are theories that Zhongli is a descendant much like the primordial one and the traveller and Venti is one of the 4 shades, namely the god of death which both would make them cool again lol

tescobag

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,840 182 22
Alleybux
Second of all, A fµck!ng DRAGON SOVEREIGN WALKING AROUND SHOULDN'T JUST BE A QUICK SKIPPABLE NOTE IN A DISCUSSION AFTER THE BIG SCENE. He literally is the most lore-relevant of all the current characters, like whuat??? The dragon sovereigns reigned the land before that asshole of primordial one appeared, stole their land and power and gave it to the fuckers of archons (sorry Venti and Zhongli, I love you 2 but as things stand currently, you are fuckers because you are archons and support the bµllsh!t, reigning on stolen power from the dragons). I am Team Dragon Sovereigns forever :arrogant

damn…ive really been lagging behind when it comes to genshin lore cus I don't really read information from items or artefacts and missed a lot of quests. I was spoiled about this revelation from leakers early on this year as well as the 4.1 trailer, but you are right that the way they executed the reveal was really bad.

A lot of the quest is bloated with unnecessary dialogue and the actual information that matters is drowned in all that. I was aware of that character’s true nature but, reading what you wrote, it's really dawning on me how important this is to the story. I'll be sure to do the story quest.

DevilCookie

Reaction score
Reactions
18,791 464 105
Alleybux
damn…ive really been lagging behind when it comes to genshin lore cus I don't really read information from items or artefacts and missed a lot of quests. I was spoiled about this revelation from leakers early on this year as well as the 4.1 trailer, but you are right that the way they executed the reveal was really bad.

A lot of the quest is bloated with unnecessary dialogue and the actual information that matters is drowned in all that. I was aware of that character’s true nature but, reading what you wrote, it's really dawning on me how important this is to the story. I'll be sure to do the story quest.

I'm not really reading the lore in the game though, as said I can't even read the cards lol, I'm just a very happy youtube lore-video watcher and people highlighting where they found the stuff :LOL: some do a great job of digging stuff up, drawing connections, check original chinese wording etc.

Usually lore video explainer however also have theories and I'm weak to those too. I love to join some of the headcanons but it also creeps me a bit out how compelling the theories are vs what then happens in game (e.g. there was very good "evidenced" theory that Baizhu, respectively his snake, is the dendro archon, there was deep digging into Chinese culture and translations and stuff).

But I am pretty convinced after watching tons of these lore-summary and theory videos both, Zhongli and Venit hide a lot of sh!t. There is too much in game not adding up (especially on Zhongli).

tescobag

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,840 182 22
Alleybux
But I am pretty convinced after watching tons of these lore-summary and theory videos both, Zhongli and Venit hide a lot of sh!t. There is too much in game not adding up (especially on Zhongli

This, Venti has yet to have his second story quest and Zhongli is pretty much sworn to secrecy. I feel like these two archons are probably going to play a bigger part later on lore-wise. Ei knows nothing cus she wasn't around for long, nahida has told us all she can (probably). I'm not very optimistic about Focalors at this point in the story.

tescobag

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,840 182 22
Alleybux
I tend not to look into theories too much because a lot of people disguise leaks as theories and I don't want to risk being spoiled lol

DevilCookie

Reaction score
Reactions
18,791 464 105
Alleybux
This, Venti has yet to have his second story quest and Zhongli is pretty much sworn to secrecy. I feel like these two archons are probably going to play a bigger part later on lore-wise. Ei knows nothing cus she wasn't around for long, nahida has told us all she can (probably). I'm not very optimistic about Focalors at this point in the story.

Don't get me started on these 2 and the bs they are hiding. Venti literally has the "Door to Celestia" written (backward) around his statue in Mondstadt and we just walk past it lol.

It's strange to think about it though, we only have 1 archon left before we meet the Tsaritsa :oops:

megaevolvedthot

Reaction score
Reactions
50,088 627 185
Alleybux
Don't get me started on these 2 and the bs they are hiding. Venti literally has the "Door to Celestia" written (backward) around his statue in Mondstadt and we just walk past it lol.

It's strange to think about it though, we only have 1 archon left before we meet the Tsaritsa :oops:

The way they went out of their way to tell us that Venti and the Tsaritsa were the closest pair out of the original 7 and how they fell out 500 years ago definitely means that we’re getting more on him soon. Whatever happened between them is probably why he didn’t fight it when Signora took his gnosis.

Tbh I actually don’t think Zhongli is hiding anything else except for what he contractually can’t tell us but that just makes me really wish that Zhongli’s gnosis had been given away toward the end game. He could have spent the entire game preparing Liyue for a time without him while we (traveler) went out on our journey. Then, the traveler could have been a witness to Zhongli and the Tsaritsa’s negotiations for the gnosis having experienced all the lore of the world and having more insight. It would have been a great way to end the main storyline.

DevilCookie

Reaction score
Reactions
18,791 464 105
Alleybux
The way they went out of their way to tell us that Venti and the Tsaritsa were the closest pair out of the original 7 and how they fell out 500 years ago definitely means that we’re getting more on him soon. Whatever happened between them is probably why he didn’t fight it when Signora took his gnosis.

Tbh I actually don’t think Zhongli is hiding anything else except for what he contractually can’t tell us but that just makes me really wish that Zhongli’s gnosis had been given away toward the end game. He could have spent the entire game preparing Liyue for a time without him while we (traveler) went out on our journey. Then, the traveler could have been a witness to Zhongli and the Tsaritsa’s negotiations for the gnosis having experienced all the lore of the world and having more insight. It would have been a great way to end the main storyline.

On Venti: Agree. It's also confirmed that he's all-knowing (everything that happens or is being said is brought to him by the wind). Little sh!t is sitting on the tea and not sharing it.

On Zhong the Dong not hiding more: Hmmmm, just to name few things that don't add up with him from top of my head:

• When we can rename Wanderer, you obviously can't name him current character names (like Amber, Kayea, etc.) he will reject them (with words, i.e. wanderer reacts). You can name him however the Archon's real names, i.e. Buer, Ei, Barbatos, etc. but if you try Rex Lapis or Morax, the system simply blocks (it doesn't even let him react to it, the system just says nope). Of course, this could simply be a system issue of them trying around and never fix it afterward;
  • the in-game texts indicate that he wasn't affected by Nahida deleting Rukhadevata from Irminsul. This is only possible if he isn't from Tevyat (they did change some words in the text after the update like for everyone else, but they did not change its meaning saying only 2 of the original 7 archons remain. If Nahida replaced Rukhadevata in everyone's memories it should now be 3 in his memory). Why they even bothered to change few words in the text but not this obvious mistake...;
  • All other archons so far have a known origin (Nahida is a branch, Venti is a wind spirit, etc.). The stories, legends, whatever of Zhongli "appearing" in Tevyat say he "descended" or "demoted" (not he was born, he was created from, he was a little gay rock before, etc.). There is a strong theory that he is the 3rd descendant, mainly based on having no information about his origin and the fact that he's seemingly not affected by Irminsul (and therefore must be an Outlander).

there is more but this is just top of my head. He's been around for +6000 years, he had time to do sh!t. I trust him as much as I trust Venti to look after my wine collection.
eye-squint.gif

aespaslawyer

Munch
Reaction score
Reactions
4,476 106 7
Alleybux
This is the first time in months I’ve logged into the game to actually play it. The last time I logged in was to pull for venti because I’ve been trying to get him since 2020 and I finally saved enough to guarantee him lol. I’m trying to do the second part of the fontaine story quest and I just can’t get into it. Even the events feel like they’re falling flat in the dialogue department. It’s just nonstop bloated dialogue and even after months of not playing it still bothers me that they haven’t seemed to recoup their writing to the way it used to be during 1.0 and 2.0. Also, Furina’s character is insufferable lol I had made a pact with myself to get every archon in the game but she’s making me break it. Neither her gameplay or character design or personality is making me want to pull for her.

tescobag

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,840 182 22
Alleybux
Even the events feel like they’re falling flat in the dialogue department
I agree, I love fontaine, even after saying that I wasn't as enthusiastic about it earlier, but my main gripe is the longass dialogue, even the daily commissions find a way to take like 10 minutes because of the dialogue. A lot of the important details about plot tend to get overshadowed by walls of text.

IMG_4508.png
IMG_4509.png
Lyney a real one cus nobody reading all that

DevilCookie

Reaction score
Reactions
18,791 464 105
Alleybux

just to add to my previous list of stuff that doesn't add up with Zhongli bc he's sus sus

how is everyone doing? I'm a bit "bored" currently, mainly because I have no one left to build (I came to the conclusion my fun in this game strongly depends on progress on charas, not necessarily exploration). I LOVE exploration but mostly when I have new charas/new teams to try. I tend to postpone it to when I know I'll get a new character. Also, tripple crowning my faves is basically their death sentence. They hardly see the light again once I "finished" them (only for abyss).

Question, has anyone a well-built Lisa and are there tricks to make her feel less clunky? I'm somewhat thinking of building her (for aggrevat/hyperbloom) but she feels SO CLUNKY (I have Kuki built but see above, I'm bored). Also Kuki is better for Al Haitham, I'm looking for someone for Tignari until Yae Miko comes around again.

Whatitwas

“If you didn’t start at 20 start at 30.”
Reaction score
Reactions
15,043 622 452
Alleybux
No, it’s a gatcha game so you have to use the characters you get but not all the characters are white (there’s no Blk characters though).
Have they added a tan at least by now? I was thinking about checking this out.

Sapfire101

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,427 1,103 109
Alleybux
Have they added a tan at least by now? I was thinking about checking this out.

No you only get to chose between a boy and girl MC and you cannot customize their looks. Someone did say that if you play in a hotter region for a while your character will get darker but that was a rumor. There are dark skin characters but you have to pull for them.

Whatitwas

“If you didn’t start at 20 start at 30.”
Reaction score
Reactions
15,043 622 452
Alleybux
No you only get to chose between a boy and girl MC and you cannot customize their looks. Someone did say that if you play in a hotter region for a while your character will get darker but that was a rumor. There are dark skin characters but you have to pull for them.
O oke thanks for the info too bad that it isn’t customisable. I played other gatcha games where it is possible but they were Japanese and I think Korean. Is Line Korean? Idk.

Run CMD

C:\>_
Reaction score
Reactions
12,491 427 159
Alleybux
I recently started both earlier this week GI (AR7) and HSR(TB27). So far I'm enjoying HSR more and I plan on that being my main game but GI will be my secondary.