Quantcast

Does Catherine Denevue Hate Brigitte Bardot?(Old Hollywood)

anni2700

non
Reaction score
Reactions
11,256 1,502 33
Alleybux
well i have been watching foreign old films and decided to see which catherine denevue films were highly regarded , anyways i came across this quote on brigitte bardot and was wondering if they had any problems in the past since they were both Major film stars in france.

[on Brigitte Bardot] I saw extracts of her book: they were the most horrible things you can possibly read. Imagine writing that you wanted to get rid of your baby son, as she did. Not being a good mother is her problem, but making it public like that... It could have been a very human piece of writing, but in her case it was just harsh and inhuman. I know her a little and she's a strange human being. She's very childish. She loves animals, because loving animals is very easy, but emotionally, I think she has a big problem. She's like someone who never grew up. I don't consider myself to be a grown-up person but I'm more interested in people than in animals. And I think that if you are involved as much as she is with animals, then there is something strange about your dealings with the human race. She's like a sauce which has curdled. There is nothing you can do. There is no hope.'

tumblr_lahlr0VmYD1qaua9bo1_1280.jpg

CarmenJonesGal

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
367,620 10,224 2,157
Alleybux
I think she's just super blunt and Brigitte really is an odd rude elderly woman. It's sad to see such a fabulous woman morph into what she's become today. A sea hag..

Her son Nicholas tried to sue her when her book came out and she described her pregnancy as "a tumor"

anni2700

non
Reaction score
Reactions
11,256 1,502 33
Alleybux
I think she's just super blunt and Brigitte really is an odd rude elderly woman. It's sad to see such a fabulous woman morph into what she's become today. A sea hag..

Her son Nicholas tried to sue her when her book came out and she described her pregnancy as "a tumor"

im going to assume they dont have good relationship, but why didnt she abort him if she considered it "a tumor" ??

Matheo455

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
187,343 6,131 3,805
Alleybux
im going to assume they dont have good relationship, but why didnt she abort him if she considered it "a tumor" ??
[/B]

Nope

But you have to understand it was a different time period. Brigitte was in her early 20's married and a superstar, during the late 50's. The natural next step was to have a baby. Her parents abandoned her emotionally, and Bbrigitte's husband was several years older who started messing with her when she was 15-16.

With all the pressure riding her brigitte had the child, but had issues with depression. Wanted freedom from motherhood and abandoned her son to be raised by other family members. She tried reconnecting with him later but he wanted no parts of her batshit crazy ass

Matheo455

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
187,343 6,131 3,805
Alleybux
Didn't they mess with the same man (R0ger Vadim)? Not at the same time, tho.

Yes.

Brigitte was with Vadim since she was a young teen. He over sexualized and exploited her with his early work. The most notable being Et Dieu Crea La Femme.

The marriage didn't work out. Well into the 60's a younger, pretty blonde named Catherine Denueve was starting to gain fame for her acclaimed roles in Les Parapluies de Cherbourg & Repulsion. Catherine started dating Vadim, which Brigitte had issues with. Brigitte thought that the media/vadim where trying to clone her blueprint with Catherine and replace her. So Brigitte was catty to Catherine first.

It doesn't matter though Catherine achieved just as much fame and cultural icon status as Brigitte. Catherine is one of the most acclaimed actresses of all time, has starred in more classic movies, and the grand majority of her filmography has aged better. Plus Catherine didn't have to quit acting ever because her talent kept her in the door. Now Brigitte on the other hand.....

But it comes as no surprise this woman tried to commit suicide 6 times in public an failed every time, starting from when she was in her early 20's. She has some severe issues and no strong sense of self, which stems from her parents abandonment of her emotionally. To being exploited when she was a teen by the older and suave Vadim. It's no surprise her nutty ass went left and became a racist, misogynistic, anti muslim bigot. Who is all about animals, I mean I guess in her mind it's the only creatures who are willing to love her unconditionally

That's no excuse of course. But even with that said she was fashionable, and made some solid films (Contempt is a masterpiece).

anni2700

non
Reaction score
Reactions
11,256 1,502 33
Alleybux
Nope

She tried reconnecting with him later but he wanted no parts of her batshit crazy ass

why are you calling her batshit crazy, another font also called her rude , idk anything about Bardot, does she have a terrible reputation?? im not into xes symbols from the past or present .... or is she considered a good actress ( e.g. like other foreign actresses who were considered xes symbols such as sophia loren)

Leo The Lion

Roaaaar!!
Reaction score
Reactions
171,153 5,126 2,375
Alleybux
why are you calling her batshit crazy, another font also called her rude , idk anything about Bardot, does she have a terrible reputation?? im not into xes symbols from the past or present .... or is she considered a good actress ( e.g. like other foreign actresses who were considered xes symbols such as sophia loren)

Bardot is an extremist racist politician in France...

Matheo455

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
187,343 6,131 3,805
Alleybux

Let me give you a rundown:

tumblr_kydr57iUMH1qzzf25o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o103woZtZt1r2bruto1_500.jpg

BrigitteBardot_1959.jpg

Brigitte Bardot was a cultural icon from France, who exploded onto the international scene in the late 1950's. She was the blonde bombshell who created the name xes kitten. She was rebellious, young, stylish, thin and sexy. Think of an edgy answer to marilyn monroe. She was considered so sexy Paul McCartney and John Lennon wanted to create a movie with her and idolized her. Bob Dylan even wrote his first song about her

And God Created Woman brought her to fame and pushed the boundaries of sexuality. It pushed sexuality boundaries so much it was banned in the U.S., and people where arrested for seeing it.

She is an acclaimed actress due to her portrayal as an abused woman in the film "The Truth". Not forgetting she has starred in Contempt one of the greatest films of all time. She has starred in other blockbusters but retired at the age of 40 from acting.

She is considered insane because of her being racist (against race mixing), anti muslim remarks which she got fines for. Her crude anti- gay remarks and only showing compassion towards animals.

She is a shell of her former self but will always be revered for being a fashion icon, cultural icon (
She became the face of the Marianne, a bust/national symbol of france). She has a statue in Brazil for popularizing cities in that country:

Many have imitated her look including:

hqdefault.jpg

georgia-jagger-0105.jpg

MTIwOTMwODAwNzk4NzI1MTUw.jpg

doutzen-kroes-e-brigitte-bardot-na-capa-da-vogue-italia.jpg.jpg

Downloads5.jpg

e33736f2191b9f58a0e0777d634c2edd.jpg

bellucci_rubia_vanity_fair_07_02.jpg

Reaction score
Reactions
577 9 2
Alleybux
Catherine is considered a serious actress, though. Brigitte is not. Was she ever? I'm not trying to be rude. I thought her acclaim was mainly due to her shapely figure and willingness to display it. I could be wrong! I've been wrong before!

Matheo455

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
187,343 6,131 3,805
Alleybux
Catherine is considered a serious actress, though. Brigitte is not. Was she ever? I'm not trying to be rude. I thought her acclaim was mainly due to her shapely figure and willingness to display it. I could be wrong! I've been wrong before!

Ehh Brigitte kinda was. She was more glamour and xes. However she did garner significant acclaim for The Truth, Contempt, Viva Maria! etc......

However she never was as respected or will be as revered as Catherine. Catherine has usurped Birgitte in damn near every category except looks, but Catherine was a huge xes symbol in her own right. Plus Catherine became the face of the Marianne just like Brigitte/is a fashion icon

manny

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
319,062 19,574 2,903
Alleybux
Let me give you a rundown:

tumblr_kydr57iUMH1qzzf25o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o103woZtZt1r2bruto1_500.jpg

BrigitteBardot_1959.jpg

Brigitte Bardot was a cultural icon from France, who exploded onto the international scene in the late 1950's. She was the blonde bombshell who created the name xes kitten. She was rebellious, young, stylish, thin and sexy. Think of an edgy answer to marilyn monroe. She was considered so sexy Paul McCartney and John Lennon wanted to create a movie with her and idolized her. Bob Dylan even wrote his first song about her

And God Created Woman brought her to fame and pushed the boundaries of sexuality. It pushed sexuality boundaries so much it was banned in the U.S., and people where arrested for seeing it.

She is an acclaimed actress due to her portrayal as an abused woman in the film "The Truth". Not forgetting she has starred in Contempt one of the greatest films of all time. She has starred in other blockbusters but retired at the age of 40 from acting.

She is considered insane because of her being racist (against race mixing), anti muslim remarks which she got fines for. Her crude anti- gay remarks and only showing compassion towards animals.

She is a shell of her former self but will always be revered for being a fashion icon, cultural icon (
She became the face of the Marianne, a bust/national symbol of france). She has a statue in Brazil for popularizing cities in that country:

Many have imitated her look including:

hqdefault.jpg

georgia-jagger-0105.jpg

MTIwOTMwODAwNzk4NzI1MTUw.jpg

doutzen-kroes-e-brigitte-bardot-na-capa-da-vogue-italia.jpg.jpg

Downloads5.jpg

e33736f2191b9f58a0e0777d634c2edd.jpg

bellucci_rubia_vanity_fair_07_02.jpg

Racist....didn't Jimi Hendrix fuk her....wow