Quantcast

Does the music industry need a Michael Jackson or Beatles to bring people back to music?

Kitty12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,711 4,764 1,968
Alleybux
I am serious because to me the industry just feels empty. Growing up the industry was exciting, the artists, performers, music videos, award shows, albums, ect... Just now it seems blah. Of course I have my favs who I love but like do you guys ever felt that we just need that one person or a group of people to save, trenscend and revolutionize the industry? Bring high quality art, innovation, and creativity? The industry as we know it isn't making as much money as they did in the past, album sales are not a thing anymore unless you are Adele, in the era of performers/entertainers; performances are boring no stage presence/star quality, choreogrpahy is so fast paced and doesn't seem to go in sync anymore. Big record labels don't care about artist development and won't sign artists who have HUGE talents and gifts to the world but only care about how many followers they have and image and making quick bucks. Lack of originiality is missing as well.

Jeff Bezos

I’m a lady
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
240,971 6,028 2,399
Alleybux
I'm not sure. I will say, it seems like a lot of the industry is reliant on Black cultural trends and such, and considering mainstream Black acts have been churning out trash since about 2009, it is reflecting on the rest of the industry. So yeah, I guess you could say we need an MJ or a Beatles. One of the biggest issues that is the fault of consumers starting around 2009 (more than likely before, but I'm just throwing a year out) is that they are consuming music from acts who are not artists/actual musicians by any means. And they actually vehemently go against the idea that artists need time to develop rather than being the whole package right off the bat. This seems to be changing slowly though, so perhaps the 2010s will bring about real musical talent in the mainstream, especially from the Black communities.

Pizza

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,042 2,330 558
Alleybux
Beyoncé and Rihanna will be the last greats/legends.

There will be no other huge talents because its just too easy to become famous now days. You don't even need a label anymore. You don't have to dance and sing. You don't have to sing live, its almost expected to lip sync. You don't have to look like a model especially being a male or white female.

Its just too easy.

Nameless4

Peachy Keen
Reaction score
Reactions
44,109 906 258
Alleybux
I think there is still hope at least I guess .Someone will come out of the blue and intrigue us all . I think it’ll come from somebody who we don’t know and who we least expect it to be. Ehh,But that’s just wishful thinking.

BYC8916

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,209 7,809 24,351
Alleybux
I think our culture is getting bored of the new music artist. Not only is the music stupid but we get the same exact artist. They all look and sound exactly the same. Plus music is for children and it shouldn’t be taken seriously by people in their 20s, 30s, etc.

GlitterBelle

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
37,798 1,249 1,382
Alleybux

There will be no other huge talents because its just too easy to become famous now days. You don't even need a label anymore. You don't have to dance and sing. You don't have to sing live, its almost expected to lip sync. You don't have to look like a model especially being a male or white female.

Its just too easy.
Rhi and Bey in terms of musical ability are only good because everyone else is sh!t. However, they knock it out of the park with either performance, beauty, style and not being in our faces too much with controversy like an addiction to drug, or drink. Rhi has the numbers and Bey has her thing.

Kitty12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,711 4,764 1,968
Alleybux
I think our culture is getting bored of the new music artist. Not only is the music stupid but we get the same exact artist. They all look and sound exactly the same. Plus music is for children and it shouldn’t be taken seriously by people in their 20s, 30s, etc.
Music is for everyone not for children.

Kitty12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,711 4,764 1,968
Alleybux
I'm not sure. I will say, it seems like a lot of the industry is reliant on Black cultural trends and such, and considering mainstream Black acts have been churning out trash since about 2009, it is reflecting on the rest of the industry. So yeah, I guess you could say we need an MJ or a Beatles. One of the biggest issues that is the fault of consumers starting around 2009 (more than likely before, but I'm just throwing a year out) is that they are consuming music from acts who are not artists/actual musicians by any means. And they actually vehemently go against the idea that artists need time to develop rather than being the whole package right off the bat. This seems to be changing slowly though, so perhaps the 2010s will bring about real musical talent in the mainstream, especially from the Black communities.
We so need someone to make the industry spark again.

KeiraNyongo

iSlay
Reaction score
Reactions
401,809 21,027 26,974
Alleybux

Its just too easy.

gavin_mastodon.jpg

KeiraNyongo

iSlay
Reaction score
Reactions
401,809 21,027 26,974
Alleybux
I am serious because to me the industry just feels empty. Growing up the industry was exciting, the artists, performers, music videos, award shows, albums, ect... Just now it seems blah. Of course I have my favs who I love but like do you guys ever felt that we just need that one person or a group of people to save, trenscend and revolutionize the industry? Bring high quality art, innovation, and creativity? The industry as we know it isn't making as much money as they did in the past, album sales are not a thing anymore unless you are Adele, in the era of performers/entertainers; performances are boring no stage presence/star quality, choreogrpahy is so fast paced and doesn't seem to go in sync anymore. Big record labels don't care about artist development and won't sign artists who have HUGE talents and gifts to the world but only care about how many followers they have and image and making quick bucks. Lack of originiality is missing as well.

Beychella still got you heffahs SHOOK huh? Kiiiiii

giphy.gif

nevergiveup405

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
12,595 351 137
Alleybux
I always feel like something is missing with music nowadays. I always wished we had someone like Michael again even though I know that's impossible. Michael is a once in a lifetime talent and that's impossible to duplicate his talent and his career.

BillieJeanDab

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
208,035 3,743 1,596
Alleybux
The industry will never have another Michael Jackson. In order to "bring" people back to music is to get real talented artist like they had back in the day and some even now to really rely on their talents and not just gimmicks and publicity. Let them all do their thing instead of just picking one or two artist to focus on while pushing others in the background. Another thing is to stop picking people just because they have certain followings. Let the music and talent speak. Nothing else.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,613 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
We really don't need another entertainer, we need musicianship and composition back in music. We need people like Lionel Richie, Teddy Pendegrass, Barry White etc. That is the problem with music, people want to be larger then life and become famous the quick way and that is how we have trash music.

Kitty12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,711 4,764 1,968
Alleybux
We really don't need another entertainer, we need musicianship and composition back in music. We need people like Lionel Richie, Teddy Pendegrass, Barry White etc. That is the problem with music, people want to be larger then life and become famous the quick way and that is how we have trash music.
Oh yes I miss musicianship and composition. People who knows music theory. I think artists need to do that too. Create high quality masterpiece music too!

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,613 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
I like Beyoncé but she hasn’t sparked the music industry nor has saved it like the Beatles and MJ have done.

I think Beyonce is very overrated, she has not really changed the industry she just have been more consistent then the people that came during her time. Beyonce has good agents, and machine behind her. However, her sound has not changed pop music, Beyonce has the same sound no matter how many albums she releases. Let's keep in mind that most pop acts are fake cause they have autotune, electronic beats and voice manipulation.

That is why I miss programs when they have artists perform acoustically.

zetor

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
126,701 3,947 4,783
Alleybux
Beychella still got you heffahs SHOOK huh? Kiiiiii

giphy.gif

What is "shocking" is that virtually the whole thing was lipsync to prerecorded vocals. When you compare the yellow and pink versions you can see song after song after song sounded 100% the same. Crazy in Love, Freedom, Lift every voice and sing, Formation, Mi Gente, Countdown, Hold up all note by note the same. Listen:

That type of dancing in that gif is nothing new and nothing that you can't see from Bruno or Chris Brown except they are actually better dancers. The HBCU stuff was great but you can see that all over the country every week it's not that Beyonce invented it.

There is nothing really groundbreaking on the market today but there are some good songs from many artists. It's just that none of them dominate like Elvis in the 50s the Beatles in the 60s or MJ in the 80s.

There will be no other huge talents because its just too easy to become famous now days. You don't even need a label anymore. You don't have to dance and sing. You don't have to sing live, its almost expected to lip sync. .

Lipsyncing all the time is exactly what Beyonce has been doing. She mastered the technic of using prerecs so well he fooled millions to believe that she is singing live but she is not.

This is true live singing and flawless dancing and we don't see this talent anymore:

Last edited:

ettbette

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,431 566 612
Alleybux
Why do people care so much about the "music industry"? It's an exploitative, racist business.

zetor

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
126,701 3,947 4,783
Alleybux
I agree. MJ was an innovator. I never seen anyone quite like MJ ever in my life.

And unlike any of the current artists he could actually sing on key and dance his legs off at the same time for a full show.
I never heard him sing an off key note no matter how hard he danced.

Kitty12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,711 4,764 1,968
Alleybux
The industry will never have another Michael Jackson. In order to "bring" people back to music is to get real talented artist like they had back in the day and some even now to really rely on their talents and not just gimmicks and publicity. Let them all do their thing instead of just picking one or two artist to focus on while pushing others in the background. Another thing is to stop picking people just because they have certain followings. Let the music and talent speak. Nothing else.
I mean of course no one can be the same as someone but MJ is from the 20th century. We need someone in the 21st century. It’s the same with movies, fashion, royalty, ect...

TheLionQueen

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
46,857 686 192
Alleybux
no, they just need to bring back quality music-ex: less monotone singing and less songs consisting of 2 or 3 lines of repetitive lyrics followed by a wack ass verse or verses

whoagain

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,565 257 128
Alleybux
Artists today do have talent but even the biggest stars today aren't as big as the stars back then.

Kitty12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,711 4,764 1,968
Alleybux
Artists today do have talent but even the biggest stars today aren't as big as the stars back then.
I think the reason why they are not as big as the artists from back then because of social media and our attention is divided nowadays. Back then you can only see your fav in magazines, tv, award shows, ect... I still believe that someone special and be globally significant and be above social media.

whoagain

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,565 257 128
Alleybux
I think the reason why they are not as big as the artists from back then because of social media and our attention is divided nowadays. Back then you can only see your fav in magazines, tv, award shows, ect... I still believe that someone special and be globally significant and be above social media.
I don't think thats going to happen because people get their news on social media now. The only people who don't need social media are actors who get played in movie theaters.

Kitty12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,711 4,764 1,968
Alleybux
I don't think thats going to happen because people get their news on social media now. The only people who don't need social media are actors who get played in movie theaters.
Thats why I am saying its going to be a very special person.