www.politico.com

1. Manafort moves to suppress evidence found in storage unit
  2. Trump administration seeks to open Harvard admissions files
  3. Week 46: Mueller Rattles the Oligarchs
  4. Republicans worry Trump’s trade war will blot out tax cut message
  5. How to Win a Trade War With China
  6. How Trump Is Shaking Up the Book Industry
  7. Feds seize Backpage.com over prostitution

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes demand for an un-redacted copy of the document that initiated the FBI’s investigation of links between Russia and President Donald Trump’s campaign. | Mark Wilson/Getty Images

DOJ dismisses Nunes demand for Trump-Russia document

By REBECCA MORIN

04/06/2018 09:27 PM EDT

The Department of Justice on Friday dismissed Rep. Devin Nunes‘ demand for an unredacted copy of the document that initiated the FBI’s investigation of links between Russia and President Donald Trump’s campaign.

In a letter released Friday, the Justice Department reaffirmed its and the FBI’s response to the House Intelligence Committee‘s inquiries regarding the document.

Story Continued Below

Nunes, who is the House Intelligence Committee chairman, on Thursday sent a letter to the Justice Department demanding an unredacted copy of that document.

The Justice Department, however, said it accommodated the committee in a “manner consistent with relevant legal precedents“ by providing members of the department and the FBI to review the FISA applications and renewals in camera.

“The Department considers this an extraordinary accommodation based on unique facts and circumstances,” according to the letter, which was signed by Assistant Attorney General Stephen E. Boyd. “We are also extending this review opportunity to the members of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, and the Department will be in contact to arrange the appropriate review sessions in the near future.“

Butterflyj82

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
441,631 29,017 1,300
Alleybux
They probably have the goods on Nunes and I'm sure they have them on Trump also they are not turning over those documents

GoodTrouble

DRACARYS....
Reaction score
Reactions
620,456 54,326 225
Alleybux
They probably have the goods on Nunes and I'm sure they have them on Trump also they are not turning over those documents

I hope so! Can’t believe He has been allowed to be this Errand boy and doing all this partisan nonsense! If tables were turned....oh boy!

enchanted

Fall is Beautiful
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
345,871 13,202 10,054
Alleybux
Donnie is mad he can't see the report haha

Trump wants this information to help Manafort and himself.

Nunes is a low rent errand boy. I wonder how many shots he takes to the face when Trump pulls his dick outta his mouth?

Yeah, Trump's gonna fire Sessions. Nunes has no right to that info and is a big time snitch. Sessions will be fired and Pruit will be put in his place and do Trump's bidding.

When Pruit fires Mueller, I bet NOTHING will happen.

There will be no "constitutional crisis" and no "impeachment" proceedings either.

Not. A. Damn. Thing. Will. Happen.

Not even a civil war. :disdain:

Momi Dearest

Excuses do not excuse...
Reaction score
Reactions
35,633 891 212
Alleybux
What do they expect??? The last time they shared "classified" documents with them they MISUSED the information in order to put out the infamous memo and to continue to slam the DOJ/FBI. The DOJ/FBI thought they had a deal with Nunes/Ryan and got burned. So yeah, they're telling him/them to pound sand...

SouthCandy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
212,866 5,952 5,349
Alleybux
I hope Democrats are going to gather him and defeat him in November.
He needs to be the No 1 target of the DNC.