Quantcast

"Don't look down on DOMESTIC TRAVEL (U.S.)"

ynwnan

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,724 31 8
Alleybux
I agree but it took me a while to see this, mostly because everything shut down and it forced me to re-evaluate my priorities. Now, I’m really enjoying state hopping and seeing America from visitor eyes like my international friends when they’d come visit me. I do prefer international travel though because I like feeling like a fish out water, but in a country as big as the states, you can go on soooo many adventures.

Since last March I’ve done New Orleans, Nashville, Denver, my hometown(Chicago), Orlando, Los Angeles, Austin, Dallas, Denver, and New York and Washington DC to visit the bible museum( that arc) then hopefully, international travel again but until then i'm going to really enjoy seeing sites I’ve always heard about but didn’t care enough to travel to.

I’d like to do Sedona, new Mexico, and the Grand Canyon-just looks so peaceful.

Hello. Based on your past experiences, which of these cities would you recommend for summer travel?

fleurpower

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,754 268 38
Alleybux
I feel the same way living in Europe. I always prefered to travel in the US / Asia / Africa, when I've only went to 1 country beside mine. Europe is sooo diverse, I started travelling to some cool places (Ireland, Spain, Malta, Greece) and then covid happened.
Actually, you're quite lucky if you grew up travelling locally, cause you discovered so many beautiful places, people, even cultures. You know your country.

Stakesishigh

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,850 250 324
Alleybux
I’ve lived in two of the Asian tourist hotspots. They are horrible tourists who just snap photos. That’s exactly the type of tourists I dislike, the same way the OP was speaking about tourists who just travel to Mexico.

Volume tourists are corny to me. Seeing 300 countries for 3 days at a time is a waste.

Anyone of any importance who’s a traveler spent years learning about the places they go. Speaking the language, cultivating relationships, etc.

just posting a picture in front of the Taj Mahal or the Eiffel is corny to me. The value of the destination is within the people not structures
Yes I agree. I love soaking in the culture of the people of where I am traveling.