Dr. Boogie & My Mane Problem - Working Through Hair Trauma

Ancestral Truth Telling Wisdom
Reactions
23,161 470 429
Alleybux

She experienced trauma from a hair stylist, and has not been able to get her hair done professionally for a while. Short two minute clip of her talking through it. Letting her hair routine fall off, she began feeling differently about weight gain and her style of clothes.

About MY MANE PROBLEM:
A bad hair style can look, feel and be life-ruining. Dr. Boogie (stylist to many celebs) will transform individuals in an amazing way but also dig deeper to fix what's in their head.
Known for developing Eve’s hallmark platinum short cut, creating Kimora Lee Simmons’ sexy glam look and defining Lisa Raye’s signature style, while giving Keyshia Cole something she can feel, Dr. Boogie has styled a host of Hollywood's “Glamour Girl” clients. The long list includes Debbie Allen, Raven-Symoné, Taraji P. Henson, Trina, Fantasia, Christina Milian and many other including Kym Whitley and Vivica A. Fox. His hairstyles have been seen on national advertising campaigns for Tyra Banks, “America’s Next Top Model,” “The Cheetah Girls,” Luster’s Hair Care Products, the bebe fashion line ads and more.

Reactions
23,161 470 429
Alleybux

Her job as a NBA dancer wouldn't allow her to wear her natural hair... and she never showed her husband her natural hair until after marriage.

A Woman/Chrysler
Reactions
21,704 472 400
Alleybux
i do wish that there would be a woman host for a show like this. this is very interesting as a concept though.

just checked out his youtube

"just because she lightskin and she mixed don't mean that she got good hair hunny her hair is kinky and hard to manage and very dry"
DdWsZKAV0AA8iQa.jpg

Last edited:
woe betide thee
Reactions
77,707 1,923 2,168
Alleybux
idk this seems super cringe to me. why black women always gotta be the poster child for hair issues? like, cmon. it's exploitative at this point and ima need these ladies to get their hair situation together.

A Woman/Chrysler
Reactions
21,704 472 400
Alleybux
idk this seems super cringe to me. why black women always gotta be the poster child for hair issues? like, cmon. it's exploitative at this point and ima need these ladies to get their hair situation together.
i agree, or if black women were going to be exposing their insecurities why couldn't it have been to another woman. like a real sister healing circle thing. but instead there's this.. i won't be watching.

Reactions
23,161 470 429
Alleybux
i agree, or if black women were going to be exposing their insecurities why couldn't it have been to another woman. like a real sister healing circle thing. but instead there's this.. i won't be watching.
Hopefully he does some good but not anything I need to watch. It’s lots of hidden (not so hidden) traumatized hair... especially after a year in a pandemic.

Starter
Reactions
994 19 2
Alleybux
I just want to know if he's going to refund these women for throwing their wigs that they spent their hard earned money on in the trash

571960a1766d390d-think-oprah-winfrey-gif-find-share-on-giphy.gif

Television Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

YouTube's Beef Sector: The Poor Reports
How many half gallons of Blue Bell do y'all thing Bri has gone through so far?
Story Of Jackson State University's Golden Class of 1970
How the heck are there no arrests after all this time? This was a massacre. im not surprised, unfortunately. there is so much injustice that we...
9-1-1: Lone Star Season 2 Thread
I'm so damn hurt I didn't mentally prepare enough
Documentaries that show resilience and inspire you like Tina Turner
HBO, Hulu, Amazon prime. TYSM!! I'm going to check it out now. This is the 2nd time today I've seen someone posting about how inspiring it was.
Any Tea on Jake Gyllenhaal's Dating Life?
I noticed he walks on the inside of the sidewalk now, so she doesn't look so much taller than him. Technically, he's about one inch taller, but...
Whats the most misunderstood song in history?
idk if someone mentioned already but bsb’s i want it that way. What exactly was that song about? Y'all are listing songs with no meaning lol
AprilBee Discussion Thread
I've been a lurker and this video screamed April It's already time stamped I love his videos, I be cracking up. He’s so hilarious and I agree...
Brixana (Briana Monique') Discussion
Where’s this top from????? Please & thank you
Top Bottom