Eumelanin

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,789 2,534 2,152
Alleybux
I saw this tweet just now and this person made a great point
View attachment 2212340

Whenever dsbw are praised, some people feel the need to call them out for having "Eurocentric" features, but most black people accept mixed people as black and black only. No "Eurocentric" features even though a lot of mixed people have a high percentage of white admixture. I just think some people don't want to see dsbw be great, so they have to knock them down a peg somehow.

And these same people who suggest that we don’t hype up dsbw who are Eurocentric almost never hype up dsbw who only have Afrocentric features. What are your thoughts?
Can you give examples that match this description?

Eumelanin

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,789 2,534 2,152
Alleybux
This is so true. People can find the blackness in people who are mostly white but have a problem with Africans with smaller noses. It's so weird. People on this do it allllll the time.

This thread is a good example:
UPDATE: Phyllis Hyman was fully black. “Italian mother” is a rumor. Pic of her parents:

View attachment 2212682

Her mother looks very white but she was considered "black" because of the times. Fonts were arguing up and down she looked black...
Wow! People were trying to say the woman in that picture was black? Chile mental illness is real

afrodite88

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
150,724 7,154 1,337
Alleybux
LMFAOOOO

blond-pacific-islander-girl.jpg

melanesian-girl-lighter-skin-blonde-kinky-hair.jpg

Don't forget obsessing over Black people with green or blue eyes

Mari Jiwe

returnofthelion
Reaction score
Reactions
70,987 2,857 1,965
Alleybux
No one talks about this with light skins because the conversation started with dark skin models with small noses being the only ones hyped up. Anyone that brings up preferred features knows that light skin is included. This is a convo among people who showcase the beauty of dark skin women and some of the women are wondering why the noses are all on the smaller side.
So light skinned women can have “small” noses and be black but dark skinned women cant?

heyfrizzo

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,255 272 263
Alleybux
So light skinned women can have “small” nose and be black but dark skinned women cant?
That’s not what I said at all, but okay. Just because your noses is small doesn’t mean your aren’t black. No one is saying these girls are white. This convo really started because some accounts that post beautiful dark-skin women on Twitter posted girls that all had the same smaller noses. Also Eurocentric doesn’t equal white, it’s a world view that centers western ideals (like beauty ideals). You can read The Beauty Ideal: The Effects of European Standards of Beauty on Black Women to learn more!

PositiveLove

Facts Over Feelings
Reaction score
Reactions
100,231 5,046 7,288
Alleybux
The main people doing this are dark skin women.

I don't know why dark skin women act this way towards each other.

Wait...yes i do.

PositiveLove

Facts Over Feelings
Reaction score
Reactions
100,231 5,046 7,288
Alleybux
I think it’s a mixture of jealousy insecurity and colorism. A lot of us were taught that we can’t make it in life because we’re black and that dark skinned people are the least attractive so to see dsbw thriving makes some people uncomfortable and that’s where the Eurocentrism comes in. Those dsbw in the modeling industry are only successful because they have Eurocentric features!

Meanwhile it’s crickets when mixed models are mentioned.

This is very true but let's be very clear... The main people doing this to darker skin women are darker skin women and darker skin men.

contourbae

in the BGC mansion.
Reaction score
Reactions
11,037 1,522 1,309
Alleybux
I can see "Eurocentric" is the hottest word of the month right now.

The tweeter is right. I don't understand the mental gymnastics involved in saying that a dark skinned woman of all people has "Eurocentric features"...only to bend over backwards with genetic calculations explaining how someone with a whole Caucasian or Latina or Asian mother is Black.

Hiding one's bias & insecurities behind that "bLaCk CoMeS iN aLl ShAdEs!!" nonsense is not only getting old but it's stupid and pathetic.
latino isnt a race... latinos can be white black and asian lol

Blessence

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,270 1,877 1,207
Alleybux
Isn't naomi dad biracial
Naomi doesn't even know who her dad is

Naomi has a Chinese grandfather. So she is mixed despite being dark skinned.

Has Naomi Campbell confirmed this herself? I keep hearing people repeat this but I've never heard Naomi say this straight from her own mouth

Last edited:

RoijaRhaa

Rosando XV Rhaasan of Moluu
Reaction score
Reactions
11,945 2,067 303
Alleybux
Naomi doesn't even know who her dad is

Has Naomi Campbell confirmed this herself? I keep hearing people repeat this but I've never heard Naomi say this straight from her own mouth
She said that her paternal grandmother was Chinese, not her grandfather.

contourbae

in the BGC mansion.
Reaction score
Reactions
11,037 1,522 1,309
Alleybux
I don’t know sis lol. Mariah Carey is mixed for sure and Naomi Campbell is definitely black to me.
mariah is literally white passing tho. I didnt find out she was mixed till a couple years ago,always thought she was like a spicy white or white latina. she also uses a lot of fake tan her natural skin tone is very white , she looks orange peach skinned at times then pale

Panamanian

Abundance.
Reaction score
Reactions
89,692 5,459 3,941
Alleybux
mariah is literally white passing tho. I didnt find out she was mixed till a couple years ago,always thought she was like a spicy white or white latina. she also uses a lot of fake tan her natural skin tone is very white , she looks orange peach skinned at times then pale
Yes a mixed white passing woman, in her younger days she looked like a becky

RoijaRhaa

Rosando XV Rhaasan of Moluu
Reaction score
Reactions
11,945 2,067 303
Alleybux
When did she say this? Do you have a youtube reference? Because I've never heard her mention or say anything about having a Chinese grandparent
On her Wikia page, it said that her paternal grandmother carried the surname, Ming. I just went based off of that.

And she modeled for a Asian/Chinese magazine but was turned down by another major publication because she was dark sin and thought she qualified for it because she had Chinese/Asian ancestry.

Timestamp: 2:32

HopeAndSlop

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,126 1,087 2,761
Alleybux
I saw this tweet just now and this person made a great point
View attachment 2212340

Whenever dsbw are praised, some people feel the need to call them out for having "Eurocentric" features, but most black people accept mixed people as black and black only. No "Eurocentric" features even though a lot of mixed people have a high percentage of white admixture. I just think some people don't want to see dsbw be great, so they have to knock them down a peg somehow.

And these same people who suggest that we don’t hype up dsbw who are Eurocentric almost never hype up dsbw who only have Afrocentric features. What are your thoughts?
The science of beauty has nothing to do with whether your features are broad or narrow.

The symmetry of your face is how close you are to phi, period. You can have the widest nose/lips on the face of the earth and as long as the portions on your face are symmetrical, you would be relatively close to phi and still beautiful/

For example. This Zimbabwean women below has a wide nose and dark skin BUT she is attractive because she has clear skin and balanced features.

big-brother-vi-contestant-makosi-musambasi-leaves-taylor-house-court-picture-id55970385