Quantcast

Dubai's Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum, Latifa bint Mohammed & Other Scandals

Dom45

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
513 14 49
Alleybux
Eastern Winds thank you for starting this thread. I have to admit I have often spoke of a trip to Dubai and my family, friends, and co-workers always gave me the side eye and a "I don't think you should go". No one I know would offer to go with me so I never went. I was really naïve about their "modern/family thinking". My heart breaks for Latifa and any others that suffered or are suffering. This thread has me doing a lot of research and looking at ways to help. It made me think about the Qatar blockade. How can a leader point the finger and assist in calling out Qatar for funding terrorism when this leader makes people disappear when they don't go along with his thinking? How is this any different than hiring or telling others to kill people who don't believe or follow your ideals, like terrorists? My opinion of Dubai has changed.
I have trouble trying to understand why the blockade happened to Qatar. Is there evidence of them funding terrorism? I've seen comments about the Saudis supporting terrorism circulating on the internet. There seems to be lots of speculation going on. There's a lot of other things like shutting down Al Jazeera, etc. They want them to cut ties with Iran, but it seems the blockade is forcing them closer to Iran. If they thought they could bring Qatar to it's knees it looks like it failed.

NightMoves

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,971 33 78
Alleybux
I have trouble trying to understand why the blockade happened to Qatar. Is there evidence of them funding terrorism? I've seen comments about the Saudis supporting terrorism circulating on the internet. There seems to be lots of speculation going on. There's a lot of other things like shutting down Al Jazeera, etc. They want them to cut ties with Iran, but it seems the blockade is forcing them closer to Iran. If they thought they could bring Qatar to it's knees it looks like it failed.

I'm still researching but, yes I think it failed too. Qatar is guessing and really does not have a clue what happened. There is also news that Qatar did not fund a loan or a business deal of Jared Kushner's 30 days before the blockade happened. There was a meeting in Saudi with Trump that Qatar and the GCC attended to discuss terrorism about a month before the blockade. The Emir of Qatar says the blockade caught him off guard as no one discussed a dissatisfaction with him at that meeting. They all got along great he said. Qatar is working to be more independent. I completely believe Saudi and the GCC underestimated Qatar and it will come back to haunt them. The Emir of Qatar has on multiple occasions been open to meeting to discuss the issues with the GCC but the GCC keeps sending letters and won't show up where Qatar does for other meetings. Personally, I think they all are in some way funding terrorism but Qatar is being thrown under the bus.......I think a lot of it has to do with Kushner and his deals with the Middle East. Qatar not funding his project around the time of the Blockade is the only thing that makes sense from what I have read so far. The more I read about the Qatar blockade, it looks like childish playground stuff against Qatar. It reminds me of this Latifa issue. They do things then want it to go away and cover it up when asked about it. More shady drama....

Hellobaby98

City of Love
Reaction score
Reactions
32,703 1,318 767
Alleybux
Today Latifa has inaugurated yet another festival lol, this family is truly a piece of work! instagram.com/dubaiculture

Anyway, I just wanted to share some new info that was posted on Arab Times -- this is the same paper that published the story of Sheikh Mo and his first wife Randa Al Banna (found on the first page of this thread) and it is confirmed. Randa herself had contacted the paper and provided them with proof that she was the wife of Sheikh Mo and that she is the mother of Manal.

randa09.jpg

A few days ago, someone who claims to be a former employee of Sheikh Mohamed has contacted Arab Times (an Arabic US-based newspaper banned in the UAE) after Latifa's story broke out, claiming that he had witnessed the killing of Sheikha Bouchra and other atrocities while he was working as part of the sheikh's entourage. The paper claims that this person's identity has been confirmed but withheld (for obvious reasons)!

This former employee says that Bouchra's brother-in-law "Darwish" was a member in the late Sheikh Maktoum's entourage and it was through him that Bouchra was introduced to Maktoum.

He also says that after Sheikh Mohamed killed Bouchra, he ordered his men to go find Darwish and bring him to the palace, and within a few hours, after he had been beaten and tortured, Darwish was brought to Sheikh Mo who grabbed a huge stick and started beating him some more. He forced Darwish to return all the money and property he'd acquired during Sheikh Maktoum's rule, claiming that this money belongs to the Al Maktoums and that Bouchra had stolen it from her late husband. He also froze Darwish's bank accounts and confiscated all of his assets.

He also says that after Darwish was severely beaten to death, Sheikh Mo gave orders to bulldoze the house of Darwish while his wife and children were still inside.

DON-OCC-59-AL-MAKTOUM.jpg

This is the only surviving picture of Sheikha Bouchra on the web. The ruling family has managed to get all of her other photos deleted, probably so they can claim that she too never existed.

Wtf

Luune

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
15,419 705 64
Alleybux
It's really interesting/infuriating that major mainstream media isn't talking about Latifa. When I Google her name everything that comes up about her disappearance is from The Sun, Daily Mail or smaller blogs and gossip sites - no reputable news sources.

Reaction score
Reactions
4,858 145 34
Alleybux
It's really interesting/infuriating that major mainstream media isn't talking about Latifa. When I Google her name everything that comes up about her disappearance is from The Sun, Daily Mail or smaller blogs and gossip sites - no reputable news sources.

I've been asking the same thing and finally found the answer on @ShahidKBolsen blog.

During their brief contact, Radha Stirling and her team at Detained in Dubai, conducted their own checks on Latifa, and were able to confirm her identity through several people who knew her. When the Sheikha abruptly ceased communication, they filed a missing persons report with relevant authorities in 5 countries for Latifa and Jaubert.

Detained in Dubai then contacted all major news outlets seeking their assistance to highlight what, at the very least, appeared to be the disappearance of the daughter of the Ruler of Dubai; a major news story under any circumstances. However, the story was met with intractable reluctance from every newspaper, journal, and channel. The reason for this reluctance was not that they feared the story was a hoax, as even a hoax on such a scale would itself be significantly newsworthy; rather, they seemed to fear the repercussions of reporting the story even if, or perhaps especially if, it proves to be true.

Last Friday, the UK Daily Mail broke the story, and normally, this would prompt a flood of reports from other news outlets. A group of lawyers and human rights activists created a website www.escapefromdubai.org to solicit information about the whereabouts of both Latifa and Herve, as well as a yet unidentified third party on the boat; a friend of the Sheikha’s named Tina; and the identity of Sheikha Latifa has been further corroborated beyond doubt. The Dubai Media Office has responded to the news by republishing old stories about a different Sheikha Latifa, in an apparent attempt to refute the Daily Mail article by confusing the public who likely do not know that there are three Sheikha Latifas. This, by itself, evidences the truthfulness of the story. Yet mainstream media continues to practice what seems to be a conspiracy of silence.

Last edited:

NightMoves

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,971 33 78
Alleybux

Yes, it is frustrating especially when an article about the Saudi Crown Prince locking his mother away from his father was just on MSN. The California house of horrors is all over the news. Yet, Latifa made a video asking for help and nothing is reported in the main stream media.

Reaction score
Reactions
75,668 1,640 2,662
Alleybux
why are you here?

Thought I'd start a thread to discuss the late Sheikh Maktoum, his son, wives and other children. But first, here's a video of the latest family scandal..

She rambles on a lot and her style of speech is a bit monotonous. So for those of you who don't have the patience to sit through the 40 minutes, scroll down...

0:01 Latifa introduces herself, says Sheikh Mohamed bin Rashid (her father) has 3 daughters named Latifa and that she is the middle one.

1:15 "All my father cares about is his reputation, he will kill people to protect it. He only cares about himself and his ego"

3:00 Shamsa's escape and how her story ended up in The Guardian.

5:45 Shamsa's best friend Mona gets arrested, interrogated and tortured by the Dubai Police.

6:25 Latifa explains how her adopted sister Fatima lived her entire life in a cage inside their house.. this was her father's way of punishing her for being naughty.

8:15 Latifa's first escape attempt.

11:35 "They tortured me and told me that my father ordered them to beat me and kill me. My father, the ruler of Dubai.. all this public image that he's trying to portray.. human rights.. it's all bµllsh!t. He's the most evil person I have met. He's pure evil. He's responsible for so many people's deaths."

12:30 Sheikh Mohamed kills Bouchra, the Moroccan wife of his brother Sheikh Maktoum.

13:30 Latifa's prison experience.

17:40 Feeling betrayed by her own family.
"My mother was always worried I'd do something to tarnish my dad's (fake) image." "After I got out of prison, I felt no compassion from my own mother or my sister Maitha. They said: "you did this to yourself." "No, I didn't. I didn't tell Shamsa to run away. I was just trying to help my sister."
Latifa says it was Shamsa who took care of her as a child and that she sees her as a mother figure.

18:40 Post-prison release. Latifa's mental breakdown and being admitted to the hospital.

20:50 Back to prison.

22:30 The breaking point. Latifa's decision to escape.

25:21 "I look like my sister Maitha and brother Majid. So, even if people try to discredit me, I look like my siblings. And I have a copy of my passport and Emirates ID to prove it.

26:00 "I only have a copy of a copy of my passport. I'm not allowed to keep it, I wasn't allowed to drive or leave the city. My life was very restricted."

28:30 Life inside the palace.

29:00 Living a lie for 10 years. Sheikh Mohamed's sister "adopts" Latifa and Majid at birth and tells them she's their real mother.

32:00 How Sheikh Mohamed treats his children.
"A lot of people have been tortured and lost their lives. My father covers up a lot of murders, he doesn't care. He is the worst criminal you could imagine, yet he has this image of a so modern man. I have 30 brothers and sisters, he's no father figure. He just likes to post pictures of his children, to make it appear he's a family man. His public image, it's all PR. He has a son in Lebanon that he met maybe once or twice, and I think he gave him a handshake! He's neglected so many of his kids, he's no father. He's a disgusting human being."

33:00 "In Dubai, the media is controlled, as is much of the Middle East. If I don't make it out alive, at least there's this video."

34:12 Life after Dubai. Looking forward to the future (in the United States).

36:50 More on Sheikh Mohamed's atrocities and crimes.

Reaction score
Reactions
3,872 192 2
Alleybux
Today Latifa has inaugurated yet another festival lol, this family is truly a piece of work! instagram.com/dubaiculture

Anyway, I just wanted to share some new info that was posted on Arab Times -- this is the same paper that published the story of Sheikh Mo and his first wife Randa Al Banna (found on the first page of this thread) and it is confirmed. Randa herself had contacted the paper and provided them with proof that she was the wife of Sheikh Mo and that she is the mother of Manal.

randa09.jpg

A few days ago, someone who claims to be a former employee of Sheikh Mohamed has contacted Arab Times (an Arabic US-based newspaper banned in the UAE) after Latifa's story broke out, claiming that he had witnessed the killing of Sheikha Bouchra and other atrocities while he was working as part of the sheikh's entourage. The paper claims that this person's identity has been confirmed but withheld (for obvious reasons)!

This former employee says that Bouchra's brother-in-law "Darwish" was a member in the late Sheikh Maktoum's entourage and it was through him that Bouchra was introduced to Maktoum.

He also says that after Sheikh Mohamed killed Bouchra, he ordered his men to go find Darwish and bring him to the palace, and within a few hours, after he had been beaten and tortured, Darwish was brought to Sheikh Mo who grabbed a huge stick and started beating him some more. He forced Darwish to return all the money and property he'd acquired during Sheikh Maktoum's rule, claiming that this money belongs to the Al Maktoums and that Bouchra had stolen it from her late husband. He also froze Darwish's bank accounts and confiscated all of his assets.

He also says that after Darwish was severely beaten to death, Sheikh Mo gave orders to bulldoze the house of Darwish while his wife and children were still inside.

DON-OCC-59-AL-MAKTOUM.jpg

This is the only surviving picture of Sheikha Bouchra on the web. The ruling family has managed to get all of her other photos deleted, probably so they can claim that she too never existed.

This is so chilling. Sh. Mo is clearly an evil piece of work. A sadist and a monster. Its no wonder that he and his regime keep thousands of south east asian workers in bondage building 100 storey 'monuments to his ego' in 45 degree Celsius weather while he woos the Queen and BRF at the Royal Ascot... What a psycho. My heart hurts for Latifa & all that she has endured at the hands of her own blood and even more for all the numerous "nameless faceless" victims of his brutality.

Reaction score
Reactions
3,872 192 2
Alleybux

They're probably all paid off by lawyers and PR firms on the family's retainer.

NightMoves

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,971 33 78
Alleybux
I've been asking the same thing and finally found the answer on @ShahidKBolsen blog.

During their brief contact, Radha Stirling and her team at Detained in Dubai, conducted their own checks on Latifa, and were able to confirm her identity through several people who knew her. When the Sheikha abruptly ceased communication, they filed a missing persons report with relevant authorities in 5 countries for Latifa and Jaubert.

Detained in Dubai then contacted all major news outlets seeking their assistance to highlight what, at the very least, appeared to be the disappearance of the daughter of the Ruler of Dubai; a major news story under any circumstances. However, the story was met with intractable reluctance from every newspaper, journal, and channel. The reason for this reluctance was not that they feared the story was a hoax, as even a hoax on such a scale would itself be significantly newsworthy; rather, they seemed to fear the repercussions of reporting the story even if, or perhaps especially if, it proves to be true.

Last Friday, the UK Daily Mail broke the story, and normally, this would prompt a flood of reports from other news outlets. A group of lawyers and human rights activists created a website www.escapefromdubai.org to solicit information about the whereabouts of both Latifa and Herve, as well as a yet unidentified third party on the boat; a friend of the Sheikha’s named Tina; and the identity of Sheikha Latifa has been further corroborated beyond doubt. The Dubai Media Office has responded to the news by republishing old stories about a different Sheikha Latifa, in an apparent attempt to refute the Daily Mail article by confusing the public who likely do not know that there are three Sheikha Latifas. This, by itself, evidences the truthfulness of the story. Yet mainstream media continues to practice what seems to be a conspiracy of silence.

Dubai went from somewhere I wanted in the last week to visit to somewhere I would not want my worst enemy to go. To me, Dubai's social media is like a bad ex-boyfriend. They will say anything and post BS to win you back, like they really are a nice guy, oh that Latifa thing or I cheated on you, forget about what I did there I'm a nice person. Those I have told I no longer want to go to Dubai were excited until I told them I am watching the Qatar blockade and might want to go visit there......LOL! Still praying for Latifa. I believe all the stories and I never knew this much evil really existed. I no longer believe Rashid had a heart attack either.

BONNIE HARVEY

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
172 2
Alleybux
Dubai went from somewhere I wanted in the last week to visit to somewhere I would not want my worst enemy to go. To me, Dubai's social media is like a bad ex-boyfriend. They will say anything and post BS to win you back, like they really are a nice guy, oh that Latifa thing or I cheated on you, forget about what I did there I'm a nice person. Those I have told I no longer want to go to Dubai were excited until I told them I am watching the Qatar blockade and might want to go visit there......LOL! Still praying for Latifa. I believe all the stories and I never knew this much evil really existed. I no longer believe Rashid had a heart attack either.
I personally think that they kill Rashid because of his issues for sure

NightMoves

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,971 33 78
Alleybux
I personally think that they kill Rashid because of his issues for sure

I always thought it was odd about Rashid and the heart attack. I was naïve and thought what family would do harm to their own? Well, now I am a believer it happens! This past week has been a "WTF!? week" for me in learning about Latifa and Dubai. I really bought the nicey nicey PR they feed on social media for years. I can't even look at any of it any more, I just can't. I'm not good with fake, I'm not good with shady, I'm definitely not good with liars.......They are just too exhausting in shadiness and I follow US news daily and Dubai is exhausting me...says a lot!

BONNIE HARVEY

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
172 2
Alleybux
I always thought it was odd about Rashid and the heart attack. I was naïve and thought what family would do harm to their own? Well, now I am a believer it happens! This past week has been a "WTF!? week" for me in learning about Latifa and Dubai. I really bought the nicey nicey PR they feed on social media for years. I can't even look at any of it any more, I just can't. I'm not good with fake, I'm not good with shady, I'm definitely not good with liars.......They are just too exhausting in shadiness and I follow US news daily and Dubai is exhausting me...says a lot!
I have a bad feeling about them ..some how I always thought that Hamdan was different for others. .but no ...I mean that all have really dark side and Hamdan looks he love himself so much to realize

NightMoves

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,971 33 78
Alleybux
I have a bad feeling about them ..some how I always thought that Hamdan was different for others. .but no ...I mean that all have really dark side and Hamdan looks he love himself so much to realize

I thought that too! Hamdan, will never find anyone that loves him any more than he loves himself.........LOL! I really can't tell anymore how much is BS PR and how much is real with these guys. All I know is any man that wears makeup and edits his photos so his facial skin looks smooth and pretty, well..........no men I know do this.........actually no women I know do this on the regular, they are not that into themselves. Maktoum keeps his stuff more on lock down. He seems serious about running Dubai and business like. Hamdan and especially Mansoor they are just a hot mess on social media. This is why people joke they are the Kardashians of the Middle East...The other ruling families are better about keeping their personal lives on lock down. They just always seem to dress better and show more class, especially the Al Nahyan family. It is hard to take a ruling family seriously when they break the rules they enforce on others.

BONNIE HARVEY

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
172 2
Alleybux
I thought that too! Hamdan, will never find anyone that loves him any more than he loves himself.........LOL! I really can't tell anymore how much is BS PR and how much is real with these guys. All I know is any man that wears makeup and edits his photos so his facial skin looks smooth and pretty, well..........no men I know do this.........actually no women I know do this on the regular, they are not that into themselves. Maktoum keeps his stuff more on lock down. He seems serious about running Dubai and business like. Hamdan and especially Mansoor they are just a hot mess on social media. This is why people joke they are the Kardashians of the Middle East...The other ruling families are better about keeping their personal lives on lock down. They just always seem to dress better and show more class, especially the Al Nahyan family. It is hard to take a ruling family seriously when they break the rules they enforce on others.
Girl you said everything that feel about them..but al nahyan kind sucks because we have nothing bad to talk about them hahahahaah

Reaction score
Reactions
4,858 145 34
Alleybux
I The other ruling families are better about keeping their personal lives on lock down. They just always seem to dress better and show more class, especially the Al Nahyan family. It is hard to take a ruling family seriously when they break the rules they enforce on others.

The Al Nahyans are 10x worse, they are ruthless and evil. Just because they manage to keep their dirt on lockdown doesn't make them any less despicable. I'm sure they too had their share of runaway princess stories but all were swept under the carpet.

Keep in mind that the sheikhs of Abu Dhabi are more powerful and strict with their women, so running away is going to be near impossible. Latifa had relative freedom compared to the other sheikhas, she was allowed to leave the house in western clothes as opposed to black garbage bags and she practiced male-oriented sports such as parachuting and sky diving, just like some of the other Maktoum girls. It was through her activities that she was able to build connections and this was likely how she met the french guy who helped her escape.

They say that the eyes are a window to the soul. Just take a look at this face and tell me what you think!

6201713143543907.jpg

Mohamed bin Zayed is reported to have 30 brothers and sisters, just like his Maktoumian cousin Latifa. But this figure does not include the unofficial siblings.

There is a famous orphanage in Abu Dhabi for abandoned babies "Dar Zayed" and it is said that it was initially founded to host all the illegitimate babies Sheikh Zayed had with his temporary wives and concubines. And when these children begin to grow up a bit, some of them are taken back into the palace where they are "adopted" by the sheikhs and made to work as sevants/chaperones/play mates for the sheikh's official children.

If you listen to Latifa's video she talks quite a bit about her adopted sisters, one of whom was kept inside a cage, although we all know that adoption is not allowed in Islam. But apparently the word adoption was given a new meaning in the desert sheikhdoms.. a lifelong of slavery and forced obedience!

NightMoves

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,971 33 78
Alleybux
The Al Nahyans are 10x worse, they are ruthless and evil. Just because they manage to keep their dirt on lockdown doesn't make them any less despicable. I'm sure they too had their share of runaway princess stories but all were swept under the carpet.

Keep in mind that the sheikhs of Abu Dhabi are more powerful and strict with their women, so running away is going to be near impossible. Latifa had relative freedom compared to the other sheikhas, she was allowed to leave the house in western clothes as opposed to black garbage bags and she practiced male-oriented sports such as parachuting and sky diving, just like some of the other Maktoum girls. It was through her activities that she was able to build connections and this was likely how she met the french guy who helped her escape.

They say that the eyes are a window to the soul. Just take a look at this face and tell me what you think!

6201713143543907.jpg

Mohamed bin Zayed is reported to have 30 brothers and sisters, just like his Maktoumian cousin Latifa. But this figure does not include the unofficial siblings.

There is a famous orphanage in Abu Dhabi for abandoned babies "Dar Zayed" and it is said that it was initially founded to host all the illegitimate babies Sheikh Zayed had with his temporary wives and concubines. And when these children begin to grow up a bit, some of them are taken back into the palace where they are "adopted" by the sheikhs and made to work as sevants/chaperones/play mates for the sheikh's official children.

If you listen to Latifa's video she talks quite a bit about her adopted sisters, one of whom was kept inside a cage, although we all know that adoption is not allowed in Islam. But apparently the word adoption was given a new meaning in the desert sheikhdoms.. a lifelong of slavery and forced obedience!

Holy Moly!!!! I am just speechless!

BONNIE HARVEY

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
172 2
Alleybux

6201713143543907.jpg

Damm!!
I feel no hope for this family ..like no more

Dom45

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
513 14 49
Alleybux
If she is alive she probably in the jail again....I hope that is not true
Yes, and probably Herve and anyone else on that boat would be in jail too. Herve was a wanted man who managed to escape from Dubai before.

NightMoves

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,971 33 78
Alleybux
The Latifa video has opened my eyes to so much and I will continue to pray for her. Will I continue to discuss it, absolutely. I have raved about Dubai and how amazing it would be to see it to everyone I have known for years. I have been made fun of and warned about my interest in going there more times than I can count. So for me to tell everyone I don't want to go now, obviously makes them curious and I tell them why. But, I have learned so much more in the last week. I am paying more attention to international politics. I am learning more about the Saudi 2030, Trump/Middle East Summit regarding anti-terrorism, Qatar blockade, Kushner's international business dealings, and more. I am planning to start a new thread and how they are all linked together. I can't do a lot about what they do behind closed doors but I can educate myself and others on this website about international government news/facts and how it effects the US and other countries. Latifa's video did have an impact on me. I am inspired by her courage and I will never forget her.

Dom45

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
513 14 49
Alleybux
Sorry to hear more are missing but love hearing there are more involved in the search.
And I hope the families of the others speak out loudly as they are missing too. They can hide Latifa but what about the others?

Reaction score
Reactions
4,858 145 34
Alleybux

I was right !! :LOL: She met these people who helped her escape through sky diving.

Tiina was a close friend of Sheikha Latifa Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum of Dubai, known for her skydiving, a sport that Tiina was also passionate about and they had bonded over the years, becoming close confidants.

Sheikha Latifa had confided in Tiina that she had been imprisoned and abused as a result of a prior escape attempt and, since her release, was working on a plan to flee the country.

The two friends found public figure and French ex secret service agent Hervé Jaubert, who is famous for his book “Escape from Dubai”.
Thanks for the link, Dom45!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
4,858 145 34
Alleybux
And I hope the families of the others speak out loudly as they are missing too. They can hide Latifa but what about the others?

This woman is a smart one and had obviously planned things well, taking into account different outcomes. First the video, and now this. They can make her vanish but how are they going to get rid of the others with western passports?

NightMoves

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,971 33 78
Alleybux
This woman is a smart one and had obviously planned things well, taking into account different outcomes. First the video, and now this. They can make her vanish but how are they going to get rid of the others with western passports?

Another bad decision......wonder if Abu Dhabi will come in to help with this media mess. They came in to help pay off all that debt Dubai had before..........I have to think other ruling families will get tired of bailing them out of their messes. I mean at some point you have to look out after yourself and not be a ride or die friend. I will help you once but the second time I would like to know where I am going or why I have to die when I get there.

Reaction score
Reactions
4,858 145 34
Alleybux
Another bad decision......wonder if Abu Dhabi will come in to help with this media mess. They came in to help pay off all that debt Dubai had before..........I have to think other ruling families will get tired of bailing them out of their messes. I mean at some point you have to look out after yourself and not be a ride or die friend. I will help you once but the second time I would like to know where I am going or why I have to die when I get there.

Remember Issa bin Zayed's torture tape scandal that happened nearly 10 years ago? The Arab guy who had filmed and released the video to the press was prisoned and tortured by the Al Nahyans for doing so, but to their misfortune it turned out that he was also an American citizen and carried a US passport, so the US embassy in Abu Dhabi intervened and a few months later they managed to get him released.

He was deported the next day and upon his return to the US, he and his wife sued the Al Nahyans in court for nearly half a billion dollars! Here is the case NABULSI v. NAHYAN | Civil Action No. H-06-2683. | 20090615697 | Leagle.com

The Al Nahyans worry too much about their reputation and apparently, they did not want the family name to be dragged further in the press, so they decided to settle outside court.

I hope that Herve and Tina's family take the Al Maktoums to the cleaners!

NightMoves

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,971 33 78
Alleybux
Remember Issa bin Zayed's torture tape scandal that happened nearly 10 years ago? The Arab guy who had filmed and released the video to the press was prisoned and tortured by the Al Nahyans for doing so, but to their misfortune it turned out that he was also an American citizen and carried a US passport, so the US embassy in Abu Dhabi intervened and a few months later they managed to get him released.

He was deported the next day and upon his return to the US, he and his wife sued the Al Nahyans in court for nearly half a billion dollars! Here is the case NABULSI v. NAHYAN | Civil Action No. H-06-2683. | 20090615697 | Leagle.com

The Al Nahyans worry too much about their reputation and apparently, they did not want the family name to be dragged further in the press, so they decided to settle outside court.

I hope that Herve and Tina's family take the Al Maktoums to the cleaners!

Wow, I had never heard about this. But then, before last week I thought it was unicorns and rainbows over there. I have more research to do! Thank you for all of this info and this thread!

TheRealNikkiO

Slaying & Saving Because Christ Is King!
Reaction score
Reactions
287,690 17,718 14,285
Alleybux
DAMN, I see Dubai is still on the fµck shite & more.

I truly hope Latifa can be free one day. After the Shamsa story, the mofo has been 100 on the crazy scale. Poor Latifa. :(

Do you guys think Mo killed his brother to become Emir?

I don’t really care for Rashid, the mofo was evil. Boy bye! Chiiii, I always knew the Nahyans were a facade like the Maktoums.

Thanks for the tea, ladies!

These people keep out doing themselves!

Mohammed bin Rashid --Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai-- chairs a UAE cabinet meeting this morning.

@DubaiMediaOffice

Mohammed bin Rashid: "I chaired a meeting of the Council of Ministers during which we decided on the national policy of the family, which includes the main axes related to marriage, child care, family protection and the establishment of proper parenting."

DYkJXzcWkAAJrES.jpg

Oh the irony!!!!

Reaction score
Reactions
4,858 145 34
Alleybux
Here's another interesting story that never made it to any of the major news outlets, not even the Daily Mail reported it. This isn’t related to Latifa but it fits well into the thread’s topic.

According to this police report, Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qassimi, the current ruler of Ras Al Khaimah ( one of the 7 emirates that make up the UAE), was arrested in 2005 for xesually assaulting a housekeeper inside a hotel penthouse in Minnesota.

At the conclusion of his interview, the sheikh was arrested. He was handcuffed, placed into a patrol car, and transported to the Adult Detention Center, where he was booked on two counts of felony criminal xesual conduct. His contention that he could not be arrested because of his diplomatic status was rejected by a county prosecutor consulted by police. Records show that Sheikh Saud was released from jail after spending a weekend in custody (he apparently returned immediately to the UAE).​

This is what I love about the United States, nobody is above the law and no one cares about these rotten entitled sheikhs. If this had happened in Britain he’d be sipping tea with the Queen.

Sadly the prosecutors were not able to pursue further charges due to his diplomatic immunity, otherwise he would’ve been left to rot in prison. But at least he got locked up for a couple days and there are now mug shots of him on the internet. :bye

He is Latifa’s (the one whose been inaugurating events all week) husband’s uncle.

1007091inside2_0.jpg

8856_9846_4731.jpg

with Big Mo (that's Hamdan in the background (y) )

dea069c1_3201x2bc1wTransparent.jpg

and the whole bunch together..

2681217460.jpg

Sheikh Saud, Big Mo, MBZ and Sharjah's ruler praying in front of the cameras.. being the pious Muslims they are!

The original article: The Sheikh's Dirty Secret

prettypeach

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,262 222 411
Alleybux
Here's another interesting story that never made it to any of the major news outlets, not even the Daily Mail reported it. This isn’t related to Latifa but it fits well into the thread’s topic.

According to this police report, Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qassimi, the current ruler of Ras Al Khaimah ( one of the 7 emirates that make up the UAE), was arrested in 2005 for xesually assaulting a housekeeper inside a hotel penthouse in Minnesota.

At the conclusion of his interview, the sheikh was arrested. He was handcuffed, placed into a patrol car, and transported to the Adult Detention Center, where he was booked on two counts of felony criminal xesual conduct. His contention that he could not be arrested because of his diplomatic status was rejected by a county prosecutor consulted by police. Records show that Sheikh Saud was released from jail after spending a weekend in custody (he apparently returned immediately to the UAE).​

This is what I love about the United States, nobody is above the law and no one cares about these rotten entitled sheikhs. If this had happened in Britain he’d be sipping tea with the Queen.

Sadly the prosecutors were not able to pursue further charges due to his diplomatic immunity, otherwise he would’ve been left to rot in prison. But at least he got locked up for a couple days and there are now mug shots of him on the internet. :bye

He is Latifa’s (the one whose been inaugurating events all week) husband’s uncle.

1007091inside2_0.jpg

8856_9846_4731.jpg

with Big Mo (that's Hamdan in the background (y) )

dea069c1_3201x2bc1wTransparent.jpg

and the whole bunch together..

2681217460.jpg

Sheikh Saud, Big Mo, MBZ and Sharjah's ruler praying in front of the cameras.. being the pious Muslims they are!

The original article: The Sheikh's Dirty Secret

I've never heard this story either. Just wow!! I used to follow all the royal families in the UAE. But sorry I have to disagree alot of people are above the law here just like they are anywhere else. Money talks. Always will.

Reaction score
Reactions
4,858 145 34
Alleybux
You're absolutely right, but at least in the US there is freedom of speech and people are allowed to protest. I've never heard of anyone getting imprisoned/ tortured/ abducted or receiving 1000 lashes for speaking out against injustice like you often hear about in Arab and Islamic countries.

Also, the American cops did not seem to care much about his status. Hats off to them!

ETA: If this incident had happened in one of Dubai's hotels, the woman would be the one at fault, and likely put in jail for "having xes outside marriage", after which she will get deported.

Last edited:

nyakomdaku

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
195,819 4,947 1,016
Alleybux
nothing will ever happen to the maktoums in dubai. they have xes parties, drink alcohol and don't get arrested. if the citizens ever get upset Sheikh Mohammed will just order a 100% salary increase and we will have citizens on instagram swearing dubai is the best place onthe planet where everyone drives a ferrari and has a pet lion