Quantcast

Dylan and Kelly Stabbed Brenda In The Back on 90210 25 Years Ago This Month

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
244,071 6,062 2,385
Alleybux
Hats off to this legend. Beverly Hills, 90210 is the standard for all coming-of-age dramas.

aaron-spelling.jpg

latest

The man was a true visionary that knew that teen drama was a genre that needed to be put on the map. They don't call that show the king of them all for nothing.

MzScorpio

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,317 99 7
Alleybux
in the new version of 90210, they had Donna come back from Japan with her kid saying her and David were getting a divorce
I never watched the show but I think you're right? Didn't her and Brian Austin Green's character live happily ever after? :disdain

cquiller1

Don't F with my title again!
Reaction score
Reactions
143,703 5,862 10,734
Alleybux
I truly believe that it was mutual, though her introducing Tori to Nick Savalas (who ended up abusing Tori) sealed her fate.

I know Aaron was unhappy about Tori partying with Shannen, but from what I understand, Shannen was a regular visitor at the Spelling mansion because she and Tori were really close back then. I think Tori was the only cast member Shannen hung out with off the show. Shannen and Jennie always had a love-hate relationship, and I don't think Shannen and Gabrielle had much of a relationship at all. Gabrielle didn't even invite Shannen to her wedding.

I didn't know Shannen introduced Tori to Nick. I thought Tori already knew him because Aaron knew his father, Telly.

sportstalk23

The Ceiling Is The Roof
Reaction score
Reactions
1,008,257 19,354 928
Alleybux
I did find it hilarious that Dylan mother Iris was never really here for Kelly like she was for Brenda

Amanda Woodward

Vice President of D & D Advertising
Reaction score
Reactions
70,661 1,243 161
Alleybux
I forget if Amanda joined the show then or after the summer.

She arrived the tail end of season 1 in an episode called "Picture Perfect." Until her arrival the show was dying a slow death and was nearly canceled. I skip over season 1 entirely. It was bad.

FYI, you can watch Melrose Place for free on Amazon Prime. It's held up pretty well. :blush:

ETA: It's also on Hulu.

Last edited:

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
244,071 6,062 2,385
Alleybux
1. TEAM BRENDA

2.What I always have been trippin on was how Dylan switched girlfriends and their friends didn't even bat an eyelash, not even Brenda's TWIN BRANDON. That sh!t drove me crazy, he was suppose to at least swing on Dylan once, that is not asking alot from those writers

3. Kelly and her Tragic Flower steeze got on my nerves, how she really thought Brenda was suppose to just be cool with it, and notice their friendship was never really the same again, nor should it have been

4. I find this title of the thread hilariously accurate:LOL:

1. and 4. Thank you and bless you.

2. A real twin wouldn't have fµcked with Dylan anymore, but Brandon was a disloyal one for sure. Let's not even forget Donna snapping on Brenda to "get over it" (meanwhile, Brenda could've told her ass to get over David cheating on her with groupie Ariel a season later instead of comforting her, but I digress). While we're at it, didn't Steve's albino ass come for Brenda, too?

3. That is why I cackled when Queen Brenda told her
giphy.webp

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
244,071 6,062 2,385
Alleybux
I’m about to go watch on Hulu.

Did people really think Tori Spelling was ugly? I remember on Saved by the Bell (College Days version), the one with the curly hair made a joke about Tori’s face looking like a fish cause it was so slender :cry:.

Dag, they made fun of Screech's ex?
saved-by-the-bell-violet.png

BotswanaB

I'm not African
Reaction score
Reactions
82,255 2,495 911
Alleybux
Ooohh....

I remember hating Kelly/Jennie Garth after that happened. I was 12 at the time, LOL!

I shipped Brenda and Dylan for a long time, but I liked Dylan best with Toni, his wife who got killed.

Seekret Squirrel

Y’all just be saying anything online…
Reaction score
Reactions
265,109 7,119 430
Alleybux
That's why I never felt bad for Kelly when Valerie stole Colin from her. KARMA.

Baby!! When Ms. Valerie Malone came to town it was LIT!! She WAS Kelly’s karma in the FLESH! And I loved it!

Tiffani Thiessen totally revamped her career and image and played the hell out of that role.

Donna/Tori was cuter in the high school episodes before the noticeable surgeries. She had the dirty blonde with her natural dark roots showing. Her hair makes a huge difference in her looks.
I like when she cut her hair and went with her natural darker brown or dark auburn.

I’m a BH 90210 fanatic. Glad it’s on Hulu. I’m going to binge watch for a few weeks.

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
244,071 6,062 2,385
Alleybux
I know Aaron was unhappy about Tori partying with Shannen, but from what I understand, Shannen was a regular visitor at the Spelling mansion because she and Tori were really close back then. I think Tori was the only cast member Shannen hung out with off the show. Shannen and Jennie always had a love-hate relationship, and I don't think Shannen and Gabrielle had much of a relationship at all. Gabrielle didn't even invite Shannen to her wedding.

I didn't know Shannen introduced Tori to Nick. I thought Tori already knew him because Aaron knew his father, Telly.

From what I remember from what I read a few years ago, Nick and Ashley Hamilton were friends and Shannen (who dated and married Ashley) introduced Nick to Tori. Aaron blamed Shannen for not looking out for Tori when Nick was abusing her.

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
244,071 6,062 2,385
Alleybux
I still don't see how Brenda didn't stab them both honestly. Especially Dylan! How you gonna betray me AND get indignant when I get upset about it? :disdain

Plus, Rick and Dylan had no connection. Out of all the women to cheat on her with, Dylan chose Kelly, Brenda's best friend.

I'll never forget Brenda's words to them when they told her about their relationship: I hate you both. Never talk to me again.

Brenda should've stuck to that and never talked to those mofos for her rest of her time on the show.

And fµck her friends and brother for making her feel bad about being upset about being stabbed in the back.

nevergiveup405

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
12,595 351 137
Alleybux
I wasn’t a huge Brenda fan. But Brenda got played the fµck out by her boyfriend, best friend and brother.

Yes Brenda flirted and kissed Rick but key point she told Dylan.

Now, Kelly and Dylan weren’t sh!t and trash for what they did. The girl didn’t even get on the plane before Dylan and Kelly started messing around. I don’t know who I hated more.

Dylan was the epitome of a fµck boy and Kelly got EVERYTHING she deserved during their relationship. I’m so glad Dylan gave her all the hell he gave her to still love Brenda. I didn’t feel sorry for the hoe and yes she’s a hoe in my eyes.

You can’t tell me Brenda didn’t put roots on her before she left. Burned up, beat up, stalked, crackhead, etc... until you do right by me everything you touch gonna fail!

And Brandon’s b!tch ass went and dated her. Talk about the ultimate betrayal.

What do you mean gave her hell to still love Brenda? What does that mean?

Brenda didn't need to put roots! It's called karma.

nevergiveup405

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
12,595 351 137
Alleybux
Shannon made the show. Without her, it felt like something was missing. I never really watched the seasons without the character of Brenda.

Seekret Squirrel

Reaction score
Reactions
265,109 7,119 430
Alleybux
What do you mean gave her hell to still love Brenda? What does that mean?

Brenda didn't need to put roots! It's called karma.

Dylan gave Kelly hell during their relationship. They were way too different. It was all good when they were sneaking around or when they were having xes (which is all he really wanted) but their relationship was awful and Dylan was so emotionally unavailable and Kelly was a brat. They really didn’t have a long or meaningful relationship. Brenda was really emotionally invested in his ass.

lol I know she didn’t REALLY put roots on her but yes Kelly got all her karma.

Seekret Squirrel

Reaction score
Reactions
265,109 7,119 430
Alleybux
The same Donna whose mother was creeping around with a man that wasn't her husband/Donna's dad on the penthouse floor of the hotel where Color Me Badd was staying? I Ador Mi Amor, indeed. :disdain

Or are we talking the same Donna with the struggle Electric Slide that she did to end racism?
2h5ibmw.gif

Lmao her outfit was cute though

Seekret Squirrel

Reaction score
Reactions
265,109 7,119 430
Alleybux
Ooohh....

I remember hating Kelly/Jennie Garth after that happened. I was 12 at the time, LOL!

I shipped Brenda and Dylan for a long time, but I liked Dylan best with Toni, his wife who got killed.

That’s the one episode where I legit cried when Dylan found her in the pouring rain in the car. Lawd I can’t!!

Seekret Squirrel

Reaction score
Reactions
265,109 7,119 430
Alleybux
Omg shoutout to whoever said Melrose Place was on Hulu!! I remember watching 90210 but I wasn’t allowed to watch Melrose Place bc my mama said that was “too grown for my eyes” at that age lol.

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
244,071 6,062 2,385
Alleybux
Since I'm in a 90210-dragging mood today, I'll also get in the ass of this hypocritical-ass hater here who refused to let Brenda and Dylan be great:
walsh_fullsize.jpg

Jim didn't have sh!t to say about Bran the Man losing his virginity under his roof right next door to his and Cindy's room, but went HAM when his daughter lost hers to her long-term boyfriend in a monogamous and loving relationship at a swanky hotel. :disdain

Last edited:

BenedictsWife

Mama's Pearl Letting Down Her Curls
Reaction score
Reactions
2,710 32 41
Alleybux
I was #TeamMeMyselfandI. Let them two white chicks fight it out for my entertainment. I laughed the entire time. Kelly was nasty, though, but she got her karma to the end of the show's run. Brenda went to London and picked up witchcraft. Life's good.

BotswanaB

I'm not African
Reaction score
Reactions
82,255 2,495 911
Alleybux
How about the writers rewriting history when Dylan and Kelly got together to say they had known each other since they were children? It's like they were trying to make the relationship more palatable by giving them an existing connection, even though there wasn't one when Dylan first came on the show.
I remember when he was in the pool with Kelly, he told her he always wanted her. Kelly was present when Brenda and Dylan first met, so why didn't he hook up with her then?

Tori was too damn ugly for the relationships they used to give her

Anyway I never realized how old they all looked. They looked like 30 year olds
Of all the women in shallow Beverly Hills, they had men stalking Donna, LOL!

When Luke came back to the show, he looked way too old to play a 20-something.

cquiller1

Reaction score
Reactions
143,703 5,862 10,734
Alleybux
Since I'm in a 90210-dragging mood today, I'll also get in the ass of this hypocritical-ass hater here who refused to let Brenda and Dylan be great:
walsh_fullsize.jpg

Jim didn't have sh!t to say about Bran the Man losing his virginity under his roof right next door to his and Cindy's room, but went HAM when his daughter lost hers to her long-term boyfriend in a monogamous and loving relationship at a swanky hotel. :disdain

Jim had such different [hypocritical] standards for Brenda and Brandon. No wonder Brenda stayed fussing at her father. LoL.

strawberryanise

Not Quilty!
Reaction score
Reactions
252,157 9,154 877
Alleybux
I was like 5 or 6 watching this and I was like oooo mommy I don’t like Kelly she’s a traitor and I remember wanting to fight her. My mother had no business watching this and melrose place with me

To this day I don’t f with Kelly.

Thanks for the retro clip by the way. Brenda was gorgeous-even more than Kelly.

Kelly truly played herself. Want to talk about karma? She saw no problem with sneaking around with Dylan, but years later, at the end of the show’s original run, she broke off her engagement when her fiancé slept with another woman while he was high. Dylan was at that party too. (Dylan had been hovering in the background in Kelly’s life just waiting to worm his way back in.) That was just a transparent ploy by the writers to reunite Kelly and Dylan as “soulmates”. (Insert Cam’ron’s side eye)

Dylan and Kelly didn’t even stay together in the end! Lol

I agree. I'm not denying Brenda was wrong. I just don't think what she did with Rick was on the same level as Dylan and Kelly's betrayal.
This!!!!!

Fav line: I was always taught that if it looks like a duck and it walks like a duck. Lol
Why did they allow Kelly to get the last word there? Brenda didn’t lie.

The same Donna whose mother was creeping around with a man that wasn't her husband/Donna's dad on the penthouse floor of the hotel where Color Me Badd was staying? I Ador Mi Amor, indeed. :disdain

Or are we talking the same Donna with the struggle Electric Slide that she did to end racism?
2h5ibmw.gif

You had to bring up Celeste Martin! I HATED her with the fire of ten suns. She was elitist, she was racist, and she was a HUGE bih with no apparent redeeming values. I don’t see how Donna’s father stood being married to her. (No wonder he had that side chick and side baby!)
I don’t wanna wait... for our lives to be overrrr!!
That almost didn’t happen. The show was originally supposed to feature “Hand in My Pocket” by Alanis.

Had the riot grrl version of Alanis hit a few years earlier, Brenda would have been calling up David to dedicate “You Oughtta Know” on the radio. Lol

That's why I never felt bad for Kelly when Valerie stole Colin from her. KARMA.

Colin was a cokehead and a mess anyway; no big loss.
I'll give Donna the fact that she had the best figure out of girls on the show. The 90s fashions did look great on her.

(Now that I threw her a bone, I'll continue to give her the business.)
That was before the boob job.

2. A real twin wouldn't have fµcked with Dylan anymore, but Brandon was a disloyal one for sure. Let's not even forget Donna snapping on Brenda to "get over it" (meanwhile, Brenda could've told her ass to get over David cheating on her with groupie Ariel a season later instead of comforting her, but I digress). While we're at it, didn't Steve's albino ass come for Brenda, too?

Brandon wasn’t loyal. Ask Andrea. I still remember when Andrea got big mad because Gil at the newspaper named Brandon to helm the high school newspaper over her because of the good old boy network. Brandon should have known deep down he didn’t deserve that ish. Andrea gave her heart and soul to that paper.

Then Brandon ended up competing with his bro Dylan for Kelly’s affections? Wtf? She’s no Helen of Troy. Kelly peaked in high school anyway. I never understood the Brandon/Kelly pairing at all.

walsh_fullsize.jpg

Jim, Jim, Jim. Harboring those typical patriarchal double standards. :disdain He needed some of that feminist enlightenment.

I will say he tried to help Dylan financially (and otherwise) though as like a second father, because Dylan was basically feral; his parents essentially left him to raise himself.

BotswanaB

I'm not African
Reaction score
Reactions
82,255 2,495 911
Alleybux
^The white beauty rule back then was that having blonde hair and blue eyes automatically made a woman more attractive than one who didn't. I thought Brenda (and later, Valerie) was much prettier than Kelly.

strawberryanise

Not Quilty!
Reaction score
Reactions
252,157 9,154 877
Alleybux
i was like 7 or 8 when this fµck sh!t occurred and i still don't know why brenda ain't scalp em both and break all 4 of their legs.
That’s probably why they didn’t want to go into Casa Walsh to tell her. Brenda could have gone in the kitchen, got a knife, and bihs would have been stabbed...

cquiller1

Reaction score
Reactions
143,703 5,862 10,734
Alleybux
^The white beauty rule back then was that having blonde hair and blue eyes automatically made a woman more attractive than one who didn't. I thought Brenda (and later, Valerie) was much prettier than Kelly.

Remember that episode where Brenda [badly] dyed her hair blonde because Dylan had said he liked blondes? I guess that was some foreshadowing of what was to come.

Reaction score
Reactions
4,990 73 11
Alleybux
How about the writers rewriting history when Dylan and Kelly got together to say they had known each other since they were children? It's like they were trying to make the relationship more palatable by giving them an existing connection, even though there wasn't one when Dylan first came on the show.

Forget childhood, they gave they asses a whole nother lifetime where they knew and loved each other. GAG

Queen Brenda forever. I know I'm dating myself but I remember the I hate Brenda club from Sassy Magazine and my geriatric ass wrote them a letter about how Brenda was so much better than Kelly.

Then Brenda left and everything happened to Kelly and instead of feeling sorry for that ho it just made me hate her more. She got burned, single-white femaled, attempted murder, coke addict, joined a cult, I mean they had that heffa going through it for sympathy. But I always seen you Kelly. You a bad apple, rotten to the core.

Reggi3

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,652 45 8
Alleybux
Slightly off but still kind of on topic-anyone remember this?

Back on topic (kind of)

There was a thread a few weeks back about Jason Priestly punching Harvey Weinstein. It slowly turned in to an "Andrea was old as hell" thread. That said...

EFF KELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Team Brenda

Team Valerie with her pretty beach ball head lookin ass (she worked the hell out of that sleek bob).

nevergiveup405

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
12,595 351 137
Alleybux
Dylan gave Kelly hell during their relationship. They were way too different. It was all good when they were sneaking around or when they were having xes (which is all he really wanted) but their relationship was awful and Dylan was so emotionally unavailable and Kelly was a brat. They really didn’t have a long or meaningful relationship. Brenda was really emotionally invested in his ass.

lol I know she didn’t REALLY put roots on her but yes Kelly got all her karma.

Kelly always got jealous and envious of Brenda's relationship with Dylan. She felt like Brenda had more of a emotional connection with Dylan which is what she wanted. She said that in a couple of episodes in Season 4. Actually, 3 from what I decided to watch. She implied it in a lot of episodes.

Even Valerie wanted to be in Brenda's shoes, because Brenda had caring and loving parents.

Last edited:

Seekret Squirrel

Reaction score
Reactions
265,109 7,119 430
Alleybux
I loved me some Brian Austin Green! I liked all the phases he went through throughout the show.

Whew Kelly was such a b!tch!