Dynasty (reboot)

tamnette

Ready even if you aren’t
Reaction score
Reactions
12,877 288 18
Alleybux
This show is dead on here
Yeah not many folks to discuss it with on here… le sigh. I think a lot of folks are over it… there was a thread not long ago checking in to see if anyone was watching and most folks said they stopped watching.

Philotes

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
89,056 2,055 102
Alleybux
This show is dead on here
I watch regularly but not many do. The fashion honestly keeps me hooked.
Yeah not many folks to discuss it with on here… le sigh. I think a lot of folks are over it… there was a thread not long ago checking in to see if anyone was watching and most folks said they stopped watching.

cocoapuff

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,363 511 76
Alleybux
I stopped watching but if it’s still available on the CW app I might watch the latest season. The storylines are horrible and it stinks because the show has so much promise.

tamnette

Ready even if you aren’t
Reaction score
Reactions
12,877 288 18
Alleybux
It makes me sad because Season 5 is actually pretty good.
It has definitely gotten better, but they do have new writers and directors this season, so that probably helps.

As a matter of fact, Heather Tom has directed the last 5 episodes (including last nights). Idk if you’ve ever watched the soap, The Young and the Restless, but she played the og Victoria Newman.

I think it’s a good thing they’ve added in writers/directors/production with a soap background, since this show tends to lean on its soapiness with the drama… their experience is helping to fully flesh out the character development that we weren’t given in prior seasons. We shouldn’t have had to get to season 5 for this to happen, but here we are, lol.

tamnette

Ready even if you aren’t
Reaction score
Reactions
12,877 288 18
Alleybux
Likewise I watch Nancy Drew and love It but I haven’t seen a thread on here.
I know what you mean… I watch Nancy Drew and Kung Fu (no thread on that either)… but I haven’t been on LSA long, yet folks don’t seem interested…

I’m hoping, for the summer, there will be a thread for Tom Swift and the new season of Roswell New Mexico… :fingerscrossed

Philotes

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
89,056 2,055 102
Alleybux
I know what you mean… I watch Nancy Drew and Kung Fu (no thread on that either)… but I haven’t been on LSA long, yet folks don’t seem interested…

I’m hoping, for the summer, there will be a thread for Tom Swift and the new season of Roswell New Mexico… :fingerscrossed
I love Nancy Drew! I can’t wait for Tom Swift! The actor playing him did great on Nancy drew. I wish they did more with Bess. She’s just there like Kirby sometimes.

cocoapuff

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,363 511 76
Alleybux

Yeah, I was surprised to find a This Is Us following on here but then again The black Pearsons are what sucked me in and kept me there. Shows like the new Sabrina and Grace and Frankie don’t have a strong Black presence so maybe that’s why.

tamnette

Ready even if you aren’t
Reaction score
Reactions
12,877 288 18
Alleybux
@Philotes @tamnette I hope Nancy Drew comes back. What is Tom Swift? Is it on CW?

At this point we might be better off have a CW watch thread to get any kind of traction. Haha.
Do you remember episode 2x15 of Nancy Drew? That’s when Tom’s character was introduced…

So a spin-off, of sorts.

Attachments

• 9A48B543-5349-4E02-A1A0-38AEAFCD70AC.jpeg
    9A48B543-5349-4E02-A1A0-38AEAFCD70AC.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 10

tamnette

Ready even if you aren’t
Reaction score
Reactions
12,877 288 18
Alleybux
Fallon is the best dressed.

I usually like long hair. But Krystal, wife #3, needs a hair cut and hair color.
Fallon’s fashion definitely stands out, but each character has their moments where I’m like “yesssss, I love it…”with fashions, lol...

Specifically regarding Friday’s episode, I loved the fact that they put Liam in pastel. Usually he is in earth tones, navy, greys, or blacks, but it was nice to see him in a suit with color.

I also like the light peach on Jeff. We know Jeff can rock anything, but I love how they toned the suit color down. He dealt with some vulnerabilities and emotionally heavy scenes, so I like how the lighter colors allowed me to focus on his expression and mannerisms during those scenes… it allowed him to “blend in” like he wanted, but the audience still sees him, lol.

1650218346651.png

tamnette

Ready even if you aren’t
Reaction score
Reactions
12,877 288 18
Alleybux
I usually like long hair. But Krystal, wife #3, needs a hair cut and hair color.
Everything about this cristal is off to me… where do I start…

For one, the actor doesn’t appear to have any chemistry with Grant Show… at all… I don’t know what that’s about. She’s like this with all the actors except Sam Underwood (Adam) and maybe the new step daughter.

They also still have cristal acting like an outsider to the Carrington family… mam, you are the wife of Blake Carrington, one of the worlds richest men, I need to see you act like it!

I hated the blond highlights. She needs to go dark. Maybe that would give her hair some richness or some deep waves… But idk if the actor would ever cut her hair, she’s always had long hair… she’s had babies back to back on this show, so I hope that hasn’t been a setback for her hair styling.

She always looks like she is playing dress up…. And not in a wealthy woman’s wardrobe. She needs to find a better way of emoting/showing how cristal has completely transitioned into being a Carrington, while still maintaining her own identity. And her body language/expressions never give me luxury bitchiness, like she attempts to convey…

I don’t want to compare her to the OG Cristal, but there was a way of masking her phoniness through her elegance. I loved that she was always in luxurious fabrics and feminine flirty fits… she was always in silks, rich textures, and there was a presence about her, can’t put my finger on it, but you noticed her when she walked into the room on screen.

1650226826140.jpeg

1650227527640.jpeg

1650227569049.jpeg

sundaybest

AbundantlyAmazing
Reaction score
Reactions
236,811 11,972 10,199
Alleybux
Fallon’s fashion definitely stands out, but each character has their moments where I’m like “yesssss, I love it…”with fashions, lol...

Specifically regarding Friday’s episode, I loved the fact that they put Liam in pastel. Usually he is in earth tones, navy, greys, or blacks, but it was nice to see him in a suit with color.

I also like the light peach on Jeff. We know Jeff can rock anything, but I love how they toned the suit color down. He dealt with some vulnerabilities and emotionally heavy scenes, so I like how the lighter colors allowed me to focus on his expression and mannerisms during those scenes… it allowed him to “blend in” like he wanted, but the audience still sees him, lol.

View attachment 3566580
I need to rewatch specifically for Jeff’s toned down colors.
Usually Jeff dresses like he raided Steve Harvey’s old closet.

tamnette

Ready even if you aren’t
Reaction score
Reactions
12,877 288 18
Alleybux
I need to rewatch specifically for Jeff’s toned down colors.
Usually Jeff dresses like he raided Steve Harvey’s old closet.
Lol!!! Sometimes I feel like Jeff should be named the Gucci King instead of Jared Leto… he deserves that title! Lol. (though in earlier seasons, he did get more custom Gucci like Taraji got while playing Cookie on Empire… lately they’ve just been tailoring some of the retail Gucci pieces… they need to stop playing with him)

But Sam has to have a good sense of humor IRL to wear some of those costumes though, cuz there’s no way…

Philotes

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
89,056 2,055 102
Alleybux
I honestly love that they incorporate Jeff’s/Sam heritage in his clothing. Wakeema Hollis who plays Monica-Jeff’s sister always looked amazing! Makeup/hair was always on point as well.

tamnette

Ready even if you aren’t
Reaction score
Reactions
12,877 288 18
Alleybux
Cristal giving Blake fashion advice this episode is sending me…

1651343411709.gif

Mam!!!!! iCannnnnnnnt with you… not in this yellow mumu…

(which was not flattering on her figure at all)

Philotes

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
89,056 2,055 102
Alleybux
I love fallons look when she was looking at the pregnancy test. So cute!

Also Amanda liking Kirby….totally saw that coming! She was wayy too invested. Kirby needs to stay with someone new.

tamnette

Ready even if you aren’t
Reaction score
Reactions
12,877 288 18
Alleybux
I love fallons look when she was looking at the pregnancy test. So cute!

Also Amanda liking Kirby….totally saw that coming! She was wayy too invested. Kirby needs to stay with someone new.
Yes, I loved that crop top and the pencil skirt… but her and those damn bikini tops were LOL. But she managed to pull those off under well tailored suiting, so it worked. I must say, she has been showing a lot of skin this season, I’m not mad at all, as Liz stated she had some body image issues coming from Disney, so go ahead mama!

The scene with Fallon and Jeff in her office, did you see he had a Louis Vuitton Robosto briefcase? I think it was vintage because they don’t make the full monogram one anymore… I was like yessss! Let me see some more LV. (I would love to see him in some custom LV wardrobe pieces though. Jeff has worn LV sneakers before though, but never clothing.

Culhane could use some sprucing up in the wardrobe dept. Also, I can’t tell if he is supposed to be dating this new model, but it would be nice for them to bring her back for a few more episodes at least.

I’m not sure how I feel about Amanda liking Kirby… it’s a bit too much for me, and I wonder what Adam will do when he finds out… (I think in OG Dynasty, Adam and Kirby get married, so idk if these two will have a final union on CW)

Philotes

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
89,056 2,055 102
Alleybux
Yes, I loved that crop top and the pencil skirt… but her and those damn bikini tops were LOL. But she managed to pull those off under well tailored suiting, so it worked. I must say, she has been showing a lot of skin this season, I’m not mad at all, as Liz stated she had some body image issues coming from Disney, so go ahead mama!

The scene with Fallon and Jeff in her office, did you see he had a Louis Vuitton Robosto briefcase? I think it was vintage because they don’t make the full monogram one anymore… I was like yessss! Let me see some more LV. (I would love to see him in some custom LV wardrobe pieces though. Jeff has worn LV sneakers before though, but never clothing.

Culhane could use some sprucing up in the wardrobe dept. Also, I can’t tell if he is supposed to be dating this new model, but it would be nice for them to bring her back for a few more episodes at least.

I’m not sure how I feel about Amanda liking Kirby… it’s a bit too much for me, and I wonder what Adam will do when he finds out… (I think in OG Dynasty, Adam and Kirby get married, so idk if these two will have a final union on CW)
Kirby and Adam won’t get back together. They went through so crazy sh!t in the previous seasons. I want Kirby to stay with a new character not another Carrington. Amanda is fine and they have been dressing her better this season, but I want her to have a separate love interest.

Haha Liz has to be at least a full C. Her boobs are great, but I was like umm that’s kinda sexy for the office. I legit thought she was gonna have a nip slip. Liz and all the cast said without question this show wardrobe was the best they have ever had and Grant has been around for awhile! Same with Elaine. Liz said it made her want to throw out all her clothes from her own closet.

I want Culhane in more color!!! I didn’t care for him in the 3 piece suits in previous seasons. A simple shirt and jacket do well for him. Could be vintage. This page used to keep up with all the looks

Login • Instagram

tamnette

Ready even if you aren’t
Reaction score
Reactions
12,877 288 18
Alleybux
Kirby and Adam won’t get back together. They went through so crazy sh!t in the previous seasons. I want Kirby to stay with a new character not another Carrington. Amanda is fine and they have been dressing her better this season, but I want her to have a separate love interest.

Haha Liz has to be at least a full C. Her boobs are great, but I was like umm that’s kinda sexy for the office. I legit thought she was gonna have a nip slip. Liz and all the cast said without question this show wardrobe was the best they have ever had and Grant has been around for awhile! Same with Elaine. Liz said it made her want to throw out all her clothes from her own closet.

I want Culhane in more color!!! I didn’t care for him in the 3 piece suits in previous seasons. A simple shirt and jacket do well for him. Could be vintage. This page used to keep up with all the looks

Login • Instagram
Since new writers and directors are coming from Soaps, I honestly don’t know what to expect anymore, lol.

But i do find it weird about Kirby being bisexual all of a sudden. I don’t feel there was a need to do that. The cast is already so small on this show, they barely have any recurring cast members, besides Alexis’ boyfriend Dex and the guy playing Sam’s dad. So getting her involved with Amanda is just a bit too messy for my liking. I agree, she should have a separate love interest outside of the family circle, since she is a Carrington…. But if the writers are following the OG Dynasty in any capacity, then we are definitely in for a roller coaster ride.

She fell in love with a Prince and became a princess, then she cheated on him with Dex, and the last person she dated was Calhane, before her character left the series…

tamnette

Ready even if you aren’t
Reaction score
Reactions
12,877 288 18
Alleybux
Robin Givens will be directing episode 5x12 which airs next week (May 20, 2022).

I remember she directed a lifetime movie (don’t recall the name), but this will be her first episode/series directorial role….

Blake and Cristal find themselves in a new kind of awkward situation with Sonya. As Liam's movie wraps, he decides to have a heart-to-heart with Culhane. Amanda gets Kirby involved with her sibling rivalry with Adam.

sundaybest

AbundantlyAmazing
Reaction score
Reactions
236,811 11,972 10,199
Alleybux
The CW is really drawing this last season out. Last night an episode came on. But another new episode will not air until the first friday in August.

BlaqueBirds

She Believed She Could So She Did!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
268,650 10,563 9,162
Alleybux
I just started watching this and I'm hooked. Still on season 1 so I haven't read the recent post

BlaqueBirds

She Believed She Could So She Did!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
268,650 10,563 9,162
Alleybux
Still on season 1 and I really hate Crystal. For some reason the goody two shoes always annoys me when the show is about a corrupt family. I want the Carringtons to succeed and crystal wants to be Jesus christ while still eating off the family

ShesMagic

ShesMagic
Reaction score
Reactions
5,493 109 16
Alleybux
Im way late but I'm on Season 3 now.

If they change Cristal one more gin and also I'm not feeling Dominque. I wanted her to be more witty, snarky, and able to read a chick down.

I hated that they gave the iconic "burn" comment to Alexis. Even tho I like her