Quantcast

Earning Money Doing Creative Writing on Fiverr

Wonder Girl

Make That pH Game Weak Again!
Reaction score
Reactions
44,489 3,057 1,182
Alleybux
I want to start writing creative stories on Fiverr, if I'm doing something like 10,000 word creative writing stories for clients, how many clients do you think I should take on at one time and how much should I be charging per client?

This thread got me interested in doing this.

I'd love to earn a salary like that on Fiverr and I'm interested in any advice fonts can give.

Wonder Girl

Reaction score
Reactions
44,489 3,057 1,182
Alleybux
You could also do something similar through patreon
I had opened a Patreon at one point but it was for a blog, I never did anything with it because I honestly just came not to really believe in it and that anyone would support me on Patreon for what I was blogging, which was going to be horror stories essentially.

Poitiers

Queen of Plates
Reaction score
Reactions
45,307 797 112
Alleybux
From my perspective, it doesn't sound feasible unless you are a really talented technical writer with a really good sense of how to promote yourself and a good 2-3 month window completely dedicated to doing as many of the jobs as possible in a short period.

Like if you watch the video the takeaways you should have are: she does 10,000 word e-books in 2 days, she is taking a 60 hour job and shortening it down to 40, started off by working 10-12 hours a day 7 days a week on Fiverr, and it took her a year (2015-2016) to get to a point of supporting herself. But what they sneakily add in that year is she worked for Fiverr AND "a few social media clients."

And for me, that sounds like too much work with little expectation of longterm gains, where you continue working overtime hoping to be the small amount that breakthrough into the $1k a month and dream you could make the money of the 1% of people on Fiverr.

Now I could be wrong, it's not like I work for Fiverr. Just that these "be your own boss" type of writing jobs usually come with you working harder for less money, when it could be better spent as a side gig where you can potentially build up a clientele to start earning bigger dollars in a stable job.

Wonder Girl

Reaction score
Reactions
44,489 3,057 1,182
Alleybux
From my perspective, it doesn't sound feasible unless you are a really talented technical writer with a really good sense of how to promote yourself and a good 2-3 month window completely dedicated to doing as many of the jobs as possible in a short period.

Like if you watch the video the takeaways you should have are: she does 10,000 word e-books in 2 days, she is taking a 60 hour job and shortening it down to 40, started off by working 10-12 hours a day 7 days a week on Fiverr, and it took her a year (2015-2016) to get to a point of supporting herself. But what they sneakily add in that year is she worked for Fiverr AND "a few social media clients."

And for me, that sounds like too much work with little expectation of longterm gains, where you continue working overtime hoping to be the small amount that breakthrough into the $1k a month and dream you could make the money of the 1% of people on Fiverr.

Now I could be wrong, it's not like I work for Fiverr. Just that these "be your own boss" type of writing jobs usually come with you working harder for less money, when it could be better spent as a side gig where you can potentially build up a clientele to start earning bigger dollars in a stable job.
I think I'll still give it a try and see what happens, I actually do have a lot of free time now also so I might as well use some of it to see what I can be doing on Fiverr.

RedGem

Essential Essence
Reaction score
Reactions
10,524 369 49
Alleybux
I use fiverr regularly and outsource my blog from there. Always ask for a 5 star rating, respond promptly, and be overly friendly would be my advice. Also, being open to different types of gigs to get more clients. So e-book proofreading or editing could be one for example.

East_Afriqueen

Sukuna's simp
Reaction score
Reactions
105,278 2,281 579
Alleybux
I want to start writing creative stories on Fiverr, if I'm doing something like 10,000 word creative writing stories for clients, how many clients do you think I should take on at one time and how much should I be charging per client?

This thread got me interested in doing this.

I'd love to earn a salary like that on Fiverr and I'm interested in any advice fonts can give.
Do you mean ghost writing? I know a few that are making bank ghost writing for others when work under their own name wouldn't sell.

Wonder Girl

Reaction score
Reactions
44,489 3,057 1,182
Alleybux
Do you mean ghost writing? I know a few that are making bank ghost writing for others when work under their own name wouldn't sell.
Yes, I'm interested in ghost writing stories under the drama or suspense genre and getting paid for that from clients.

RedGem

Essential Essence
Reaction score
Reactions
10,524 369 49
Alleybux
Yes, I'm interested in ghost writing stories under the drama or suspense genre and getting paid for that from clients.
set up and account with a nice looking gig photo and see how it goes! Find the section on here/facebook/ig where people want to write books without any skills and start marketing yourself. Send a few dm's and i'm sure you'll have your 1st client before you know it! :)

Wonder Girl

Reaction score
Reactions
44,489 3,057 1,182
Alleybux
set up and account with a nice looking gig photo and see how it goes! Find the section on here/facebook/ig where people want to write books without any skills and start marketing yourself. Send a few dm's and i'm sure you'll have your 1st client before you know it! :)
Thanks for the advice!I managed to design something on Canva because I don't have a photo of me available right now and I'm not camera ready in my appearance at the moment.But other than that, I just need to complete my gig information and it seems like I'm about to be all set up.I don't want to get overwhelmed as someone just starting either, so I've set it up to where I'll only have to write for 3 people at once before expanding to see how many clients I can handle per week.