Quantcast

Empire S6: Episode 3 “You Broke Love”

Earth Mami

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
99,836 1,222 193
Alleybux
Poundcake’s daughter (sorry I forgot her name too lol) was the best part of this episode. She got both of their non singing asses in check.

Crystal Blue

Blerdy Diva
Reaction score
Reactions
12,693 102 6
Alleybux
Lol! I don't remember her name either but I think she moved out. She stopped by the house to tell Andre something during dinner. Juanita announced her.

I must've missed all of that. Was that during the dinner with Hakeem sitting there all stiff? I don't know what I was doing, but I shole wasn't watching even though I thought I was.

Cookies Twin

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,744 28 8
Alleybux
Alright Maya! I like how she schooled the thots, Tiana and Treasure. I had to look up the names cause I just don’t care anymore.

Earth Mami

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
99,836 1,222 193
Alleybux
I could cry with gratitude over the fact that this episode is almost over.

Girl same. I was reminded why I stopped watching this show for two years. I hate seeing black shows go off the air but it’s time especially since Jussie got fired and Bryshere’s role has obviously been downsized. They weren’t the best actors but their characters had major roles on the show.

NazteyiNanci

Oh yeah girl how yo eye feel?
Reaction score
Reactions
39,196 743 80
Alleybux
A famous man on the run from the feds meets in the middle of a crosswalk in broad daylight with a bleeding and injured woman? Make this make sense. And where tf is Hakeem?
giphy.gif

Crystal Blue

Blerdy Diva
Reaction score
Reactions
12,693 102 6
Alleybux
Where is Thirsty? Why don't they at least reference Hakeem as being somewhere if he's not going to be on the show? It seems odd that no one even mentions him at all.

What happened to Diana DuBois? She was plotting against the Lyons with Kingsley at one point last season and then, nothing.

Where is crackhead Tracey? What was the point of showing her on the first episode this season if they aren't incorporating her into the major storyline somehow? Wasn't she almost dead/in a coma/long-term deathbed care when they first introduced Kingsley last season and then suddenly she was okay?

Why doesn't this show tie up any loose ends? Maybe I don't pay enough attention. I'm trying though.

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

MeEverday

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
39,200 1,581 1,143
Alleybux
Where is Thirsty? Why don't they at least reference Hakeem as being somewhere if he's not going to be on the show? It seems odd that no one even mentions him at all.

What happened to Diana DuBois? She was plotting against the Lyons with Kingsley at one point last season and then, nothing.

Where is crackhead Tracey? What was the point of showing her on the first episode this season if they aren't incorporating her into the major storyline somehow? Wasn't she almost dead/in a coma/long-term deathbed care when they first introduced Kingsley last season and then suddenly she was okay?

Why doesn't this show tie up any loose ends? Maybe I don't pay enough attention. I'm trying though.

View attachment 1087637
I read that Tracy's on next week's episode.

And I think Diana DuBois was behind the data mining with Kingsley, but it was never confirmed.

Also, Andre Royo is on another show right now.

StayWithIt

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
19,243 1,041 137
Alleybux
Ummmm yea so this episode was yea.

I don't care about these new people aka Becky's sister and cousin like I barley even care about Becky. This Lala girl they trying to get to sing don't care about her either. Why do they even have a record company again?

Im sick of dead Kingsley although his and Andre's part is probably the best thing going so far.

The Tiana Treasure thing was random.

Damon having Cookie tied up then shooting her that entire ordeal I laughed the whole time.

I knew Lucious ass was gonna save Cookie. I do like the little flashbacks he's having.

Anyway see yall next week after they Lyon dinner because yall know nothing can go right when they have dinner together.

Last edited:

MeEverday

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
39,200 1,581 1,143
Alleybux
It hurts that the This is Us thread gets 12+ pages and this gets maybe 4 at best these days.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anyway, Idc. I love ghost Kingsley and his smug sarcasm. :LOL: AZ and Trai work so well together.

I wanted Andre to name his baby Jeffrey after Kingsley, but Walker Lyon makes sense, too.

Caribgirl

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,568 12 3
Alleybux
I cannot believe this is Empire's last and final season. So far these three episodes have been quite boring and it's missing all the spark of season 1.

There are too many pointless scenes and characters right now. Tiana, Treasure, Lala, Becky's family.

Why is Becky getting a whole family in season 6 but Tiana who has been dating a Lyon on and off for years, is the mother of Hakeem's son but has not had a single relative turn up?

That whole Damon and Cookie scene lasted way too long. Why would Lucious not get someone to copy the files on Damon's computer before deciding to throw it and lose the evidence.

So they have removed Jussie (Jamal) from the show and now Bryshere (Hakeem) gets zero or hardly any screen time.

This last season should just be about this family and them healing, taking Empire to the next level, ending any feuds. This Damon storyline feels long and stale now.

MeEverday

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
39,200 1,581 1,143
Alleybux
I cannot believe this is Empire's last and final season. So far these three episodes have been quite boring and it's missing all the spark of season 1.

There are too many pointless scenes and characters right now. Tiana, Treasure, Lala, Becky's family.

Why is Becky getting a whole family in season 6 but Tiana who has been dating a Lyon on and off for years, is the mother of Hakeem's son but has not had a single relative turn up?

That whole Damon and Cookie scene lasted way too long. Why would Lucious not get someone to copy the files on Damon's computer before deciding to throw it and lose the evidence.

So they have removed Jussie (Jamal) from the show and now Bryshere (Hakeem) gets zero or hardly any screen time.

This last season should just be about this family and them healing, taking Empire to the next level, ending any feuds. This Damon storyline feels long and stale now.
This show is doing 20 episodes. It can't just be about family healing and ending feuds. This isn't a This is Us-type serial. Of course it's having filler scenes.

We probably won't get a true wrap up period until the second half of the season (after winter) when we all find out who shot Lucious, who doesn't really deserve a true happy ending if we're going by what he has done over the past five seasons (season 5 probably the exception since he wasn't truly a bad guy then). The ratings are tumbling hard, under 3 million and it's only the 3rd episode of the season. This should have been only a 12-episode arc, like season 1.

Sexy Syd

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,049 1,123 419
Alleybux
Have they even referenced Jamal yet this season? :expressionless:

A huge mess all around
they referenced him in this episode with a flashback of Cookie in the hospital giving Birth and Lucious came late the baby was Jamal

CreamyTurtle

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,792 1,130 159
Alleybux
Sooooo Cookie got shot in the leg but showed up later to the hospital to see Andre's baby without so much as a limp? :sidefrown

MeEverday

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
39,200 1,581 1,143
Alleybux
I love Taraji so much and think she's a great actress, but her crying scenes annoy the fµck out of me.

Caribgirl

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,568 12 3
Alleybux
This show is doing 20 episodes. It can't just be about family healing and ending feuds. This isn't a This is Us-type serial. Of course it's having filler scenes.

We probably won't get a true wrap up period until the second half of the season (after winter) when we all find out who shot Lucious, who doesn't really deserve a true happy ending if we're going by what he has done over the past five seasons (season 5 probably the exception since he wasn't truly a bad guy then). The ratings are tumbling hard, under 3 million and it's only the 3rd episode of the season. This should have been only a 12-episode arc, like season 1.

I hear what you are saying and I agree that it should have been cut down to less episodes. However they probably want to make sure they reach the magic number for syndication, which is 100 episodes.

They came in with a bang and so far they are going out with a weak last season. I know it's early days and I will hang in there since I've watched 5 whole seasons.

Last edited:

Bonjour Belle

A People Without A Vision Would Perish.
Reaction score
Reactions
5,306 209 78
Alleybux
Well I blame Fox for the low ratings. A lot of fans were pissed with Fox excluding Jussie from the family flashback scenes.

Terrence's been asked the question in many interviews and said fans let Fox know how they felt. Jussie's frames were reinserted.

But, Fox is now screwing Yazz over. So what, Yazz was driving without a license. He paid his fine and will meet the other requirements for doing something foolish. He's not the first celebrity caught driving with an expired license, tag, no license, under the influence, etc.

The difference, the white celebs receive a stern lecture or tap on the wrist. But, a black young man is handcuffed, made to do the perp walk and hauled before a judge after being fingerprinted and photographed. Then, he learns Fox reduced his screen time to five freaking episodes.

Many fans are upset about the show dismissal of the young Lyons. Granted, I must admit, the show has a different vibe to it. The executive producer Brett Mc-something sucks at his job. He's the one who penned that bullshyt last season. Now, he's doing it again. Total BS. The person they should've promoted is Carlito Rodriguez to showrunner and head writer. He's penned and directed some of Empire's best episodes. Another thing I appreciate about him, he's not a gimmick writer like Brett, and he does not pander.

If Fox really wanted Empire to receive decent ratings, they should have put it on Monday nights or kicked it over to the FX channel. This let's me know their heart were never in it. Fox was never right to begin with. I still remember how they exploited black people to established their network in the late 80s - 90s.
They lured us in with Martin, Living Single, In Living Color and NY Undercover. Then, snatched them from us with a cancellation notice.

Now, they did it again with Star and Empire. They never would've pulled this mess on Ryan Murphy with Glee. But they do it to black people all the time. This why I'm over Fox. I heard Lee is trying to develop another show for Fox.
Explains a lot.

Lastly, Lee Daniels should start owning his ish when he develop programs for a network like Fox. Ryan Murphy got a lot of clout with Fox and FX. He's s straight up shot maker. They respect him and give whatever he wants. Here, Lee brings Fox back from the abyss with Empire, and they turn their nose up at him. And he has to hustle them for a new program. GMAFB!

At first I felt bad listening to dance around questions into he threw Jussie under the mega bus. He was being too careful with his words. Also, he came off like a scared mouse, fearing he'll upset the networks if he said anything remotely positive about Jussie on The Breakfast Club.

My word, he sure did make
it his business to skress that Jussie won't be back on Empire - at all. There were only softball questions and hardly any serious follow up questions.This is why we need bold interviewers unafraid and unbothered to ask the tough questions, and to start calling these new blacks out.

Last edited:

Earth Mami

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
99,836 1,222 193
Alleybux
Well I blame Fox for the low ratings. A lot of fans were pissed with Fox excluding from the family flashback scenes.

Terrence's been asked the question in many interviews and said fans let Fox know how they felt. Jussie's frames were reinserted.

But, Fox are now screwing Yazz over. So what, Yazz was driving without a license. He paid his fine and will meet the other requirements for doing something foolish. He's not the first celebrity caught driving with an expired license, tag, no license, under the influence, etc.

The difference, some of those celebs are white, receive a stern lecture or tap on the wrist. But, a black young man is handcuffed, made to do the perp walk and hauled before a judge after being fingerprinted and photographed. Then, he learns Fox reduced his screen time to five freaking episodes.

Many fans are upset about the show dismissal of the young Lyons. Granted, I must admit, the show has a different vibe to it. The executive producer Brett Mc-something sucks at his job. He's the one who penned that bullshyt last season. Now, he's doing it again. Total BS. The person they should've promoted Carlos Rodriguez to showrunner and head writer.

If Fox really wanted Empire to receive decent ratings, the should have put it on Monday nights or kicked it over to the FX channel. This let's me know their heart was never in
the right place to begin with. They never would've pulled this mess on Ryan Murphy with Glee. But they do it to black people all the time.

Lastly, Lee Daniels should start owning his ish. He looked and sound like a scared ***** fearing he'll upset massa on the Breakfast Show. We need some bold interviewers unafraid and unbothered to start calling these negroes out.

I didn’t know that incident was the reason Bryshere’s role has been reduced. That is so dumb and now the show is suffering. He won’t be the first or the last to do something like that. He did the time, so let the man work.

MeEverday

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
39,200 1,581 1,143
Alleybux
I thought Bryshere was dealing with several court dates and that's why his role has been limited this season. If that's the case, then the producers had no other choice. There were also rumors that Bryshere was dealing with a mental breakdown recently, but nothing has been confirmed.

MeEverday

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
39,200 1,581 1,143
Alleybux
Someone please explain to me something:

During the young Cookie & Lucious flashback, how come Lucious called their baby "Andre" and Cookie said the baby name is "Jamal"? Isn't Andre older than Jamal?:cautious::sick:

EDIT: Nevermind. I rewatched the clip. The dialogue sucks there.

Last edited:

Brownsugar1908

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,669 122 40
Alleybux

During the young Cookie & Lucious flashback, how come Lucious called their baby "Andre" and Cookie said the baby name is "Jamal"? Isn't Andre older than Jamal?:cautious::sick:

Yeah I had to rewind it as well. I thought it was baby Andre but it was baby Jamal. I guess the only way we'll see Jamal or heck Hakeem. I like the dynamic of the Lyon brothers but I guess that has ended.

WarmApplePie

Catch A Ride
Reaction score
Reactions
2,341 62 1
Alleybux

I rewatched it but still don't get it. She said she was raising two boys so Andre was already born.

Crystal Blue

Blerdy Diva
Reaction score
Reactions
12,693 102 6
Alleybux
I rewatched it but still don't get it. She said she was raising two boys so Andre was already born.

Andre is the oldest. The impression that I got (although I clearly haven't been paying close attention lately) is that he wanted Jamal to be named Luscious Jr. He showed up late and she had named him Jamal and he said but you named Andre... like maybe they had a deal where she got to name the first, him the second etc.... but since he was late, he missed out on naming the second baby.

MeEverday

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
39,200 1,581 1,143
Alleybux
After I rewatched the clip, Lucious said that he wasn't able to make it in time because he was hustling to take care of Cookie and Andre, but he didn't include the new baby, and that's where the confusion comes in whether he called the baby Andre but Cookie named him Jamal. Like I said, the dialogue sucked.

lysergicA

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,519 208 19
Alleybux
Just chiming in that I'm only still watching because it's the last season but
-I don't know if I can do 20 whole episodes
-when star is maybe going to get a TV movie if we're lucky (it's a way better show)
-we need more hakeem
-empire sucks compared to POWER
-I can't keep track of all the time switching

And I agree with the font above. They would never do this to Ryan Murphy. I just finished the politician and I thought star was better. What is lee Daniels ' next deal?

Pressley

Consciousness Over Cookies
Reaction score
Reactions
482,466 14,132 13,199
Alleybux
Why doesn't Andre stay on his damn meds?? Chile this sh!t is exhausting. Also.....old faced Terri is annoying but I'm glad she's alive.

Becky and "Terri from Soul Food" story line is silly and so is this whispering silly ass girl they're trying to make a star. The sh!t is so out of left field.

Cookie gets more and more dumb by the damn season. Why did she think sneaking in that man's phone was a good idea??????? Of course he's gonna think you're behind it.

Last edited:

Pressley

Consciousness Over Cookies
Reaction score
Reactions
482,466 14,132 13,199
Alleybux
Uhhhhhh that sh!t with Becky and her uppity sister and thuggy cousin didn't make any damn sense. The dialogue was whack, no back story, no nothing. WEIRD.

News Alley

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom