Quantcast

Empire Season 5: Episode 18 "The Roughest Day" (Season Finale)

Laffinberry

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
39 3
Alleybux
so she really did sleep with Damon?! I thought she stopped it.
I think she said that out of anger. I also think she was testing him to see if he was able to forgive her the same way she's always been able to forgive him.

louisianaCREOLE

IG @louisianacreole
Reaction score
Reactions
19,039 536 216
Alleybux
I think she said that out of anger. I also think she was testing him to see if he was able to forgive her the same way she's always been able to forgive him.
This all day! You can kill the woman's cousin, have her take a 10? Year bid in jail for you, you can mistreat/disrespect her and her children constantly, almost have them killed as well, etc etc etc...

But if she possibly fµcked a ninja it's all gone? Lol in real life lucious would be 100% done with her but I highly doubt in the TV show they would have the yep separate for too long

Laffinberry

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
39 3
Alleybux
This all day! You can kill the woman's cousin, have her take a 10? Year bid in jail for you, you can mistreat/disrespect her and her children constantly, almost have them killed as well, etc etc etc...

But if she possibly fµcked a ninja it's all gone? Lol in real life lucious would be 100% done with her but I highly doubt in the TV show they would have the yep separate for too long
Exactly! 17 years in the feds, all the cheating and lying, divorcing her while she was locked up, sitting and watching their son attempt suicide, actively trying to end every relationship she tried to be in with someone new, marrying the woman who killed their daughter-in-law and grandchild, the list goes on. It's no wonder Kingsley, even if he was conceived before they were together, was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Crystal Blue

Blerdy Diva
Reaction score
Reactions
12,693 102 6
Alleybux
What happened to the part about Becky saying "you couldn't have known?" Did I miss it?

They didn't show it. I don't even recall seeing her during the funeral scene at all. They jumped straight to Thirsty and the FBI. The writers probably forgot about they showed a scene with her and Lucious earlier this season smh

Reaction score
Reactions
486 10 3
Alleybux
They didn't show it. I don't even recall seeing her during the funeral scene at all. They jumped straight to Thirsty and the FBI. The writers probably forgot about they showed a scene with her and Lucious earlier this season smh

I can’t remember where I saw it, but someone pointed out a LOT of discrepancies from all the flash forward scenes in the beginning to middle of this season to what actually happen. So now I am wondering if Kingsley was even meant to die to begin with, or if there was something with Jamal and someone else was going to end up in that casket. Like a reshoot, or something...

raenelle

Happy Dancer
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
30,666 689 23
Alleybux
RIP Kingsley. I didn't like the character at first but he grew on me. I still think Lucious' outside child should have been a girl. To me, it just would have made for a more compelling story.

Cookie and Lucious...so now they break up ahhgain. Enough!! Chances are, Lucious will come back next season with a new chick on his arm (probably Giselle if I had to guess) and Cookie will be drawn in again. Speaking of Cookie, I'm still wondering what Tracy meant by "it's going to cost you" when Cookie hugged her after Tracy agreed to give Andre Kingsley's heart. I thought maybe it could be about money but that's too easy. Something tells me we haven't seen the last on Tracy...

Finally, I'm glad Andre gets to live another day...with his fine self!!! But I still don't trust his new wife. I can't put my finger on it but I just don't trust her.

Reaction score
Reactions
486 10 3
Alleybux
RIP Kingsley. I didn't like the character at first but he grew on me. I still think Lucious' outside child should have been a girl. To me, it just would have made for a more compelling story.

Cookie and Lucious...so now they break up ahhgain. Enough!! Chances are, Lucious will come back next season with a new chick on his arm (probably Giselle if I had to guess) and Cookie will be drawn in again. Speaking of Cookie, I'm still wondering what Tracy meant by "it's going to cost you" when Cookie hugged her after Tracy agreed to give Andre Kingsley's heart. I thought maybe it could be about money but that's too easy. Something tells me we haven't seen the last on Tracy...

Finally, I'm glad Andre gets to live another day...with his fine self!!! But I still don't trust his new wife. I can't put my finger on it but I just don't trust her.

Why do I have a feeling that this Tracy storyline will be short and too rushed? Empire writers tend to do that too much. Rhonda didn’t even get a damn funeral!

I don’t trust Terri at all.

Teasipper85

Nosey AF
Reaction score
Reactions
42,102 892 259
Alleybux
I’m soooooooo done with this damn show. Another season of cookie and luscious fighting? fµck you Lee Daniels! At least be more original.

Ddott

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
94,711 6,115 1,729
Alleybux
I didn't like Cookie this season at all this show is getting annoying not better smh how many times are they going to play this game with Cookie and Luscious? It's not entertaining anymore

IndigoKnows

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
165,293 8,876 8,861
Alleybux

I like that scenario.
Finding out he had a baby girl from another woman.
Flashback to Cookie miscarrying (and it just happens to be a baby girl) & Cookie unable to accept the fact that he was able to "give" another woman a baby girl and not her (for the dramatics)

I think the new wife is connected to the DuBois (sp?)

apocalipton

Powerhouse Titties
Reaction score
Reactions
144,446 6,180 2,470
Alleybux
Chile watch them make Andre reject the heart or some other foolishness. I can't believe I just quick binged the season. I think Teri's baby will be a boy.

They need to stop dragging these 18 episode seasons out too.

stubborn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
145,854 11,419 18,059
Alleybux
I called it a few episodes back that the white lady's son would die, but I thought Lucious would kill him. If you go back and watch, you can see that the pieced scenes together and that more than likely in the original version, Lucious did kill the son. The sink scene pretty much told it. Where he had on the tshirt and was washing blood off of his hands saying "we have a heart" and then Cookie came in there with a whole different wig, then it cut to the hospital and her wig changed. I think they had to change it up because of the thing that happened with Jussie. Also, I think in one of the version Andre did die. I read somewhere that he has been wanting off of the show for a while now and this was going to be his exit. I believe it tbh bc there was no reason for him to have gotten sick out of nowhere, just to end up living.

They have gotten really messy with their writing and this is the first time that I really really lost interest in the show. Like, I didn't even care enough to watch the last few episodes on time, and when I did watch them, I didn't pay much attention as usual.

Sad that this is the last season of Power, but glad that I have Games People Play.

O.o

Black Women Disproportionately @ Risk For Homicide
Reaction score
Reactions
401,375 11,864 9,185
Alleybux
Maybe if someone reaches out to Lee Daniels coke dealer, we can get some changes done right.

stubborn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
145,854 11,419 18,059
Alleybux
WOW at the end.

Did Lucious ever cheat on Cookie? Bc I don't remember him cheating. He divorced her and got with other women and then got back with her. I know he dealt with other women on their breaks, but I don't think he did while they were "on". Kinda let down that Coocke did that, but especially with who she chose to do it with. That guy is no good and I don't see how she's attracted to him.

wt7792

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
241 17 3
Alleybux
For whatever reason this season of Empire drew me in but I was waiting to find out what happened with Vivica son that beat her. That was another dropped story and it was a cliffhanger at that

Reaction score
Reactions
486 10 3
Alleybux
I finally watched it. Damn my heart hurt so bad for Kingsley. He was gutted and lost everything. He lost his crazy mom, Empire, and he believed Lucious never wanted him. It was so freakin sloppy though.

The whole damn episode was sloppy. It was all over the place. Then you factor in the flash forwards...where was Becky? I have so many questions. I don’t know if Kingsley was meant to die. I thought it would be Jamal or Lu’s mom (she just disappeared).

I like that scenario.
Finding out he had a baby girl from another woman.
Flashback to Cookie miscarrying (and it just happens to be a baby girl) & Cookie unable to accept the fact that he was able to "give" another woman a baby girl and not her (for the dramatics)

I think the new wife is connected to the DuBois (sp?)

I want answers to that too. Why even bring back “fake ass Clare Huxtable” (as Cookie once put it)?

These writers need to be fired.

IndigoKnows

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
165,293 8,876 8,861
Alleybux
For whatever reason this season of Empire drew me in but I was waiting to find out what happened with Vivica son that beat her. That was another dropped story and it was a cliffhanger at that

Yes, that too!
Even I forgot about him, lol

bright22

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
42,530 1,530 730
Alleybux
WOW at the end.

Did Lucious ever cheat on Cookie? Bc I don't remember him cheating. He divorced her and got with other women and then got back with her. I know he dealt with other women on their breaks, but I don't think he did while they were "on". Kinda let down that Coocke did that, but especially with who she chose to do it with. That guy is no good and I don't see how she's attracted to him.
No. Lucious never cheated on Cookie. So Cookie bringing up the women Lucious has been with is stupid. 1) Lucious and Cookie were not together when he was with those women and most importantly 2) Cookie was with other men! Malcom, Laz, Angelo? Hello?! And on top of that, she allowed both Laz and Angelo to talk sh!t to Lucious. She even let Angelo disrespect Lucious in his own damn house. And she purposely tried to make Lucious jealous with Laz by kissing him in front of Lucious.

That's one of the things I hate about Cookie. She has always had double standards. In season 2, she got mad when she thought Lucious was going to hook up with that reporter but she was fµck!ng Laz. Then in seasons 3 and 4, she was mad and jealous about Lucious being with Giuliana and completely disregarded the fact that she was fµck!ng Angelo.

I hate when writers do this. When they need some type of conflict, so they 1) change a character's character/personality to make confrontation and/or 2) make a character get mad about something that doesn't even make sense to be mad about, just to have drama. They did both of these with Cookie.

Crystal Blue

Blerdy Diva
Reaction score
Reactions
12,693 102 6
Alleybux
I don't think the writers had any idea of the direction that they were planning to go with the season. Didn't they say that one of the core Lyons would die? Kingsley wasn't a core character and he wasn't on the show long enough for most of the audience to get really invested in his character, so why would they make a big deal out of Lucious being at this funeral all season long?

Whatever happened to Diana DuBois? I thought that Kingsley was plotting with her to take the Lyons down. They just left that hanging once the truth came out about him being Lucious's son. It's annoying how the writers will add in a new character and then get rid of/ignore them for long periods.

bright22

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
42,530 1,530 730
Alleybux
WOW at the end.

In my opinion, it's never believable when they have Cookie supposedly attracted to other men. It always seems forced to me. Her little attraction to Malcom, her relationships with Laz and Angelo, and this thing with Damon all seemed forced to me.I saw no chemistry between her and any of them.

Lucious, however, I actually do see chemistry with other women. He just seems to gel with people. For some reason, I could believe his relationships with both Anika and Giuliana. And I could see him with the reporter.

Last edited:

bright22

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
42,530 1,530 730
Alleybux
I don't think the writers had any idea of the direction that they were planning to go with the season. Didn't they say that one of the core Lyons would die? Kingsley wasn't a core character and he wasn't on the show long enough for most of the audience to get really invested in his character, so why would they make a big deal out of Lucious being at this funeral all season long?

Whatever happened to Diana DuBois? I thought that Kingsley was plotting with her to take the Lyons down. They just left that hanging once the truth came out about him being Lucious's son. It's annoying how the writers will add in a new character and then get rid of/ignore them for long periods.
Honestly, I don't think the writers have had any idea of the direction to go since season 2. I don't think they knew what to do with the show after season 1. The show came out with a bang with season 1 and IMMEDIATELY went downhill with season 2. I don't think they had any idea how to keep the show going after the 1st season. And I think they STILL have no idea how to keep the show going. I don't think they thought past writing the 1st season.

Last edited:

TalkOfNuYork

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
694,037 35,107 4,760
Alleybux
I finally watched it. Damn my heart hurt so bad for Kingsley. He was gutted and lost everything. He lost his crazy mom, Empire, and he believed Lucious never wanted him. It was so freakin sloppy though.

The whole damn episode was sloppy. It was all over the place. Then you factor in the flash forwards...where was Becky? I have so many questions. I don’t know if Kingsley was meant to die. I thought it would be Jamal or Lu’s mom (she just disappeared).

I want answers to that too. Why even bring back “fake ass Clare Huxtable” (as Cookie once put it)?

These writers need to be fired.

It was terrible! I don't like how they did Kingsley either, Cookie and Hakeem could have at least showed up to his funeral. They should have sent Jussie on his way with this storyline and kept Kingsley.
This show has run its course.

Reaction score
Reactions
8,175 229 21
Alleybux
I am glad to see I'm not the only one that liked the Kingsley addition to the cast. It was nice having someone who was actually kind of compelling in the cast. He was ACTING...it was kinda awkward at times...I liked his rapport with Dre because they seem to be the strongest actors on the cast...other than Lucious and Cookie. It's a shame they brought Kingsley into the fold just to be an organ donor. I mean, they should have just killed his mother off.

Caribgirl

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,568 12 3
Alleybux
There was nothing shocking about this finale. Quite a few fans on here and on social media/Youtube said Kingsley would die and Andre would get his heart.

This finale felt anti-climatic after weeks of them teasing who was in the coffin.

I was waiting for Tracy to tell Lucious that Kingsley was not his son in the hospital.
They really choose the most pale dry basic looking white woman they could find to play this woman.

Lee Daniels does not believe in a happy marriage. He couldn't just let Cookie and Lucious be happy together, help support their sons and grandkids and continue to build their company.

I doubt Andre and Teri will be a happy couple with their new son in season 6. There's something off about Teri and I'm waiting for it to be revealed next season.

I did not miss Jamal in these last two episodes. I cannot get into Kai and Jamal's been singing above his range for too long now. I prefer to listen to Devon.

@christinnc and @bright22, I agree with both of you. Good points.

That's what I have been saying about both of Lee Daniels shows.
Lee and his crew seem to struggle with writing long term character arcs and they suddenly drop storylines, maybe thinking the audience won't notice.

Why was Ms Dubois trying to take down the Lyons with Kingsley and suddenly we never see her again.

Why make the audience think it would be a main character dying, someone who is a Lyon? Then it turns out to be Kingsley who is not a Lyon and there was still no DNA test done.

stubborn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
145,854 11,419 18,059
Alleybux
Kingsley was only added because they were going to kill off Andre but still wanted 3 brothers. They didn’t want to aunt Viv him, like I’m sure they won’t do the Jamal.

I’m so over this show, was almost over star but the finale was lit. At least we still have the chi here and now I can watch games people play.

Reaction score
Reactions
486 10 3
Alleybux
It was terrible! I don't like how they did Kingsley either, Cookie and Hakeem could have at least showed up to his funeral. They should have sent Jussie on his way with this storyline and kept Kingsley.
This show has run its course.

This show is done. I hate to say it. Such sloppy writing. I’m pissed about it to be honest.

I am glad to see I'm not the only one that liked the Kingsley addition to the cast. It was nice having someone who was actually kind of compelling in the cast. He was ACTING...it was kinda awkward at times...I liked his rapport with Dre because they seem to be the strongest actors on the cast...other than Lucious and Cookie. It's a shame they brought Kingsley into the fold just to be an organ donor. I mean, they should have just killed his mother off.

You notice how much Kingsley looked and had the same mannerisms as Andre in many of those scenes? It was uncanny!

Snafu1660

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,842 2,075 807
Alleybux

The guy who played Kingsley is a great actor, but the writing on this show eats actual talent because it is just so sh!tty. Poor plotting, poor pacing, repetitive storylines, no character growth, just awful. I really struggled to finish this season, and I've watched every episode. I don't know why this show can't get it together, but I'm tired of watching great actors get swallowed whole and I'm tired of every season having the same damn story arc.

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
55,875 446 80
Alleybux
lol. Kingsley is barely a Lyon. All that hype at the beginning of the season and this is how it ends. Everyone pretty much knew his time was up the minute it was revealed that Andre needed a new heart. This show is more predictable than a daytime soap.

Jazlyn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,957 1,785 973
Alleybux
I found it pretty damn lazy to introduce a fake Lyon and then kill him off. I’m unimpressed. But I am impressed with the acting chops of this cast. They deserve better than this show

As a side note I think luscious put some incriminating things on that jump drive in the casket with Kingsley’s so that no one would ever find it.

TalkOfNuYork

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
694,037 35,107 4,760
Alleybux

They went to Yale school of drama together...

raenelle

Happy Dancer
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
30,666 689 23
Alleybux
I found it pretty damn lazy to introduce a fake Lyon and then kill him off. I’m unimpressed. But I am impressed with the acting chops of this cast. They deserve better than this show

As a side note I think luscious put some incriminating things on that jump drive in the casket with Kingsley’s so that no one would ever find it.

I think he did too but I wonder if somebody saw him put that drive in Kingsley's jacket. I think that jump drive is going to get in the wrong person's hands. People ain't above grave digging and grave robbing!!

DevilCookie

Embrace the glorious mess that you are
Reaction score
Reactions
18,790 464 105
Alleybux
Lucious "b!tch, please" to the fbi lady at the funeral was the best lol

And thirsty is the real MVP but Lucious shouldn't call him "thirst" lol