Quantcast

Empire Season 6: Episode 18 "Home Is on the Way" (Premature Series Finale)

Bad Streets

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
126,734 8,085 1,876
Alleybux
Why Taraji P. Henson Feels 'Incomplete' Without a Proper Empire Series Finale

The series wrapped up its six seasons on television with an early finale, the proper series-ender was a casualty of the coronavirus. Production was shut down in the middle of filming episode 19 of the 20-episode final season. Instead, producers cobbled together a finale with episode 18 and what was shot for 19. Major storylines were left unresolved, like who blew up Cookie's (Taraji P. Henson) car and who shot Lucious (Terrence Howard) and whether they survived those attempts on their lives.

While it remains unlikely the show will be able to shoot the proper finale, showrunner Brett Mahoney has made it clear he wants fans to get the ending somehow.

"[W]e will find some creative way, whether it's just releasing the script or something, we'll get it out there as to what it was intended," Mahoney told Deadline about the original series ending. "But I don't want to give it away now. I will tell you, though, the spirit that you see in this piece is similar to the spirit in which we intended to end the series."

Henson told EW if Empire doesn't get a proper series finale, it will be on her mind forever. She told EW she is pushing for it to be made properly.

"These posts and DMs that I'm getting, they are heart-wrenching. As an artist, to not be able to finish something that you started, that hurts me. I feel incomplete. I don't ever start something and don't complete it. And so, for me, it's deep; I have to finish, or this will haunt me for the rest of my life and career. As it would the audience. And I don't think we should deprive such a loyal fan base of that ending. They deserve to be in their feelings. They deserve more than this abrupt ending. And I get it, where we are right now, we have to be responsible. But I think when the dust settles, at the end of the day, the audience deserves it. Because they pay my bills!" Henson said.

Could the story continue in a rumored Cookie spinoff? Nobody is saying anything for sure just yet.

"I don't actually know. I don't have anything to do with any spinoff. But I would imagine [such a series] would be something people would be interested in. And I would imagine the studio and the network would want to explore that. But I don't know where that is or what they're doing," Mahoney told TVLine.

Noir777

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,785 922 399
Alleybux
Theyve done all the seasons like this for whatever reason, or atleast the last few.

I’m trying to be sympathetic. But this screams production not having their sh!t all the way together. You mean to tell me they were shooting the finale a month ago? Not editing not in post production but FILMING? What kind of haphazard last minute sh!t is that? Why wasn’t the filming completed in January/February? Sounds like they didn’t make hay when the sun was shining and now they regret it.

O.o

Black Women Disproportionately @ Risk For Homicide
Reaction score
Reactions
401,375 11,864 9,185
Alleybux
She is an aspiring singer. Her name is Kiandra Richardson. She has sung background for Tyler the Creator, Beyonce, and with Kanye's church service (eye roll).
Her instagram is kiandrasmusic

She is beautiful and talented and I wish her much success, but her voice is too pitchy to me. Hard to listen to,

Pressley

Consciousness Over Cookies
Reaction score
Reactions
482,476 14,132 13,199
Alleybux
Chile! Way too damn pitchy. I want to support a sister but her damn character got on my last fµck!ng nerves. A know it all. Just didn't fit at all. Don't even get me on this sh!t show of a season.....SHOW.

She is beautiful and talented and I wish her much success, but her voice is too pitchy to me. Hard to listen to,

Pressley

Consciousness Over Cookies
Reaction score
Reactions
482,476 14,132 13,199
Alleybux
Finished this sh!t.
Becky's fat ass has gotten on my nerves for the past two seasons. They are pushing a certain thing..now they're gonna give her a drug problem like an "IT" girl? It's whack and I"m glad this sh!t is ending.

nonewfriends

Who said that? Who said that?
Reaction score
Reactions
5,270 201 67
Alleybux
I see this show finished and wanted to binge watch but This season seems fµck!ng horrible. I couldn’t past the first 2 episodes. Didn’t even bother to skip to the final episode.

MamaFatCheeks

LIVE * LAUGH * LOVE * ALOT
Reaction score
Reactions
71,096 972 39
Alleybux
Finally brought myself to finish watching the series and I am so unhappy. I've watched since the beginning and it is sad to see this once legendary show go out with less than a whimper. The issues behind the scenes and the lack of closure really hurt this show way more than Covid-19 every could have.