Ending the makeup vs no makeup beef: the truth

cullensbabe

cullen bohannon's wife
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
11,807 522 928
Alleybux
Here is the truth about this no makeup vs makeup topic that has some fonts replying to threads from 5 years ago

Makeup can make you look polished and more attractive. It enhances the features you already have or can modify your features. If you are good at makeup, makeup can only make you look better. If you cannot do makeup, that’s probably why you look “worse” in makeup. Whether you wear makeup for yourself, to seem attractive, whatever, do you.

Choosing not to wear makeup does not make you better than anyone else. Some of y’all NEED makeup honestly but I understand it isn’t the easiest skill to pick up. If you are naturally beautiful, good for you. Leave the makeup girlies alone. its good you feel comfortable in your own skin but some women like to do a little extra.

lastly, the whole point of this thread was for me to say that non-makeup wearers, makeup girlies do not hate you. They do not care what you do. We understand that you don’t “cake your face”, and that it “couldn’t be you”, blah blah blah.

045C13DB-DF47-4BC9-A94E-FFC289A572A2.jpeg

the only font here who hates girls that don’t wear makeup is me :sneaky:

Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I say you're crazy if you don't think a little mascara, lipgloss, and powder doesn't make the most beautiful woman look even better. It just does & I'm tired of people acting like it doesn't!:sleepy:stop

GlittVanGogh

everything is everything
Reaction score
Reactions
88,826 2,265 382
Alleybux
there's a thread people are still responding to five year latr????!

my ass would get tired of beefing by then...graduations, weddings, and whole pandemic just went down in the past five years.

Balloo

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
119,731 3,539 1,102
Alleybux
Lol I never got why there's so much discourse over this

It wipes off!! You can cake your face one day and go bare the next! It's not a personality trait either way

I think it's just women reacting to lame male talking points.

chanelframes

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
63,501 2,174 1,362
Alleybux
even though I do not wear makeup on a regular basis lmao I still wear a little mascara and lipgloss and people would be surprised when you go to the grocery store and people compliment you lol. I do not think I am better than anyone because I do not wear makeup as much. Honestly, I just do not know my true color (I heard I am a mix of two) and when I do start wearing a full face I would like it to be quality so I am waiting for the right time. I have acne-free skin right now.

My main focus right now during quarantine is getting my skin right. You have to have a good/quality canvas before you begin your art process. I admire people who wear full-face makeup and YT makeup tutorials are therapeutic. I hate it when people act like they are better. Lmao, I am down to earth and straight up: I cannot afford the palettes I want so Imma wait until I can. In the meantime, I am perfecting my skin.

I do not wear makeup every day because I like my skin to breathe and I am so used to never wearing foundation and eyeliner that I am just comfy without it but that does not mean I will never wear foundation and the whole sha-bang.

As an artist myself I truly admire makeup artists and people who have the skill for makeup. It is so refreshing seeing people into different things. The only time I dislike makeup when it looks dragg-ish or those cartoon eyebrows, or everyone looks the same, but even then it is not my face so I do not say anything.

Addicted 2Diamonds

I just want my money....
Reaction score
Reactions
165,251 6,548 2,482
Alleybux
Agreed with everything you say OP and I primarily don't wear makeup but no beef to anyone who does. DO YOU and let other women do the same. I feel like chicks need to compare and contrast as a way to make themselves seem better than other women on some Pick me type ish and that's part of the reason why we're losing and these men stay winning.

SpurgeonRose

I get stronger every time Judas dowvotes me
Reaction score
Reactions
90,893 5,304 2,261
Alleybux
Im always without makeup, I get told im pretty. but with mascara and lipgloss alone...i turn more heads...its a fact

chanelframes

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
63,501 2,174 1,362
Alleybux
I feel like a lot of women do not realize yes a lot of men claim they love bare-faced beauties but they will still fµck any and every body. A lot of women's competition stems from men. It is annoying lol.

Sweetiepiie

I'm walking on sunshine
Reaction score
Reactions
155,925 4,475 2,414
Alleybux
I agree. I'm bare faced most of the time. But I definately look better with some mascara, blush/highlighter, lipstick and bottom liner

milk

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
31,824 892 334
Alleybux
I like wearing makeup because it makes me feel good about myself and I love experimenting with different colours and finishes.

And people underestimate how hard it is to perfect your makeup. I thought I had a warm undertone for years and didn't understand why my foundation always looked too orange or yellow. It turned out that I had a neutral/olive undertone. I probably wouldn't have been able to figure that out if I wasn't a makeup enthusiast. Hell I still have trouble with my brows even though I've been wearing makeup for almost 8 years. It's pretty much a LOT of trial and error.

Choseyylover

Choosey Lover
Reaction score
Reactions
514,476 14,948 3,506
Alleybux
even though I do not wear makeup on a regular basis lmao I still wear a little mascara and lipgloss and people would be surprised when you go to the grocery store and people compliment you lol. I do not think I am better than anyone because I do not wear makeup as much. Honestly, I just do not know my true color (I heard I am a mix of two) and when I do start wearing a full face I would like it to be quality so I am waiting for the right time. I have acne-free skin right now.

My main focus right now during quarantine is getting my skin right. You have to have a good/quality canvas before you begin your art process. I admire people who wear full-face makeup and YT makeup tutorials are therapeutic. I hate it when people act like they are better. Lmao, I am down to earth and straight up: I cannot afford the palettes I want so Imma wait until I can. In the meantime, I am perfecting my skin.

I do not wear makeup every day because I like my skin to breathe and I am so used to never wearing foundation and eyeliner that I am just comfy without it but that does not mean I will never wear foundation and the whole sha-bang.

As an artist myself I truly admire makeup artists and people who have the skill for makeup. It is so refreshing seeing people into different things. The only time I dislike makeup when it looks dragg-ish or those cartoon eyebrows, or everyone looks the same, but even then it is not my face so I do not say anything.

Same. I don't cake my face. But I will do my brows, put on some mascara and lip gloss and call it a day. Sometimes makeup can be counter productive, especially of those with sensitive skin like myself. Sure I can be super bad with a full face, but I don't like to wear it often and I don't want to end up breaking out. You can't always wear makeup, you don't go to sleep with it on or any of that. So thats why for me, I don't cake my face because I want to be able to go out without makeup and still feel comfortable and good about myself. If I have break outs, that doesn't happen. Acne may not be a self esteem reducer to everybody, but it is for me. So I try to prevent the break outs and wearing less makeup does that for me. How I feel about myself depends on how I look without makeup

elisabeta

Reaction score
Reactions
129,744 2,563 747
Alleybux
thank you!! i'm the one always posting that "here we go again" song by dmx in those tired ass threads about natural makeup or too much drag makeup.

the women who make not wearing makeup a personality trait are so annoying bc they think theyre better than everyone. like someone else said, it wipes off at the end of the day. its not big deal either way!

Juny.B.Jones

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
289,376 8,018 6,613
Alleybux
People need to understand that everyone doesn’t have to do the same thing. Style is a personal choice no matter if it’s good or bad.

Here is the truth about this no makeup vs makeup topic that has some fonts replying to threads from 5 years ago

Makeup can make you look polished and more attractive. It enhances the features you already have or can modify your features. If you are good at makeup, makeup can only make you look better. If you cannot do makeup, that’s probably why you look “worse” in makeup. Whether you wear makeup for yourself, to seem attractive, whatever, do you.

Choosing not to wear makeup does not make you better than anyone else. Some of y’all NEED makeup honestly but I understand it isn’t the easiest skill to pick up. If you are naturally beautiful, good for you. Leave the makeup girlies alone. its good you feel comfortable in your own skin but some women like to do a little extra.

lastly, the whole point of this thread was for me to say that non-makeup wearers, makeup girlies do not hate you. They do not care what you do. We understand that you don’t “cake your face”, and that it “couldn’t be you”, blah blah blah.

View attachment 2086154

the only font here who hates girls that don’t wear makeup is me :sneaky:
AMEN!

LoveSupreme

01/06/21 - Planet of the Apes Day -
Reaction score
Reactions
134,305 8,451 7,808
Alleybux
This is indicative of the sad, sad folks who live their lives online and fill up their time arguing with strangers.

getcholife

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,319 1,699 1,257
Alleybux
Right now, at least with the younger gworls, little makeup is in right now - mascara, small lashes, blush and gloss. Heavy makeup like in 2011-2019 is outdated and ages people.

I hardly wear much makeup other than a lil concealer, mascara, and blush.

Skincare is also in so I’ve been taking care of my skin quality.

ladyluxe

#theyjusthave2die
Reaction score
Reactions
69,321 2,711 2,385
Alleybux
I feel like a lot of women do not realize yes a lot of men claim they love bare-faced beauties but they will still fµck any and every body. A lot of women's competition stems from men. It is annoying lol.
Lol reminds me of that one netflix show from earlier this year, where every guy was fawning over the one girl who had a buttload of surgeries and make up lol

OT1991

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
9,069 166 108
Alleybux
I really think tastefully done makeup takes a pretty lady and pushes her over the top.

People conflate "makeup" with 10 pounds of cake face. Filling in your eyebrows, curling your lashes, some powder, and lipgloss can really bring out your features. I've seen women in real life with lots of makeup on, but it didn't hide their pimpled skin, thin lips, or unappealing features. It's not magic.

Ilykeggs

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,666 3,273 684
Alleybux
People who say they look worse with makeup can't do it well. No one looks worse with makeup when it is applied properly. These are the same people who apply one shade of eyeshadow (usually some shimmery color) from their lash line to brow bone and swear that they are doing something. The same ones who can't find their foundation shade even though there are hundreds of makeup brands.

If you don't wear makeup, that is fine, I will continue to wear mine when I want to and yes it does take me from average pretty to very pretty.

RoadRage

Amazing
Reaction score
Reactions
75,579 2,477 3,869
Alleybux
Makeup enhances your beauty when done correctly. I stopped wearing makeup ever since we've started wearing masks though. Seems like a waste. My mask covers half my face and I'm usually wearing shades so what's the point.

ruegauche

Normal Girl.
Reaction score
Reactions
94,449 1,699 119
Alleybux
I agree! It always goes to what men like, like sis who cares? Men are fickle as sh!t, women really need to do what works best for themselves and stop centering men all the damn time.

cullensbabe

cullen bohannon's wife
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
11,807 522 928
Alleybux
Moving this back to the top because they STILL replying to threads from 5 years ago

BougieBabe

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,176 277 257
Alleybux
Right now, at least with the younger gworls, little makeup is in right now - mascara, small lashes, blush and gloss. Heavy makeup like in 2011-2019 is outdated and ages people.

I hardly wear much makeup other than a lil concealer, mascara, and blush.

Skincare is also in so I’ve been taking care of my skin quality.

I never get these responses because you can do both. I have meticulous skincare regime but I recognise the power of makeup. If you keep your brushes clean and gently remove your makeup you shouldn't have too many issues with your skin.

GigiLaMoore

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
149,259 1,871 1,040
Alleybux
How about we all choose the route in which we are most comfortable? It's the same with clothes. Everyone has their "style".

cullensbabe

cullen bohannon's wife
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
11,807 522 928
Alleybux
How about we all choose the route in which we are most comfortable? It's the same with clothes. Everyone has their "style".

That’s another thread for another day bc i hate hateHATE when people cannot dress.

buffyuna

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
54,748 5,110 1,196
Alleybux
You a lie! Girls always look prettier barefaced, or with a "no makeup makeup" look! Of course makeup can be a form of expression so everyone doesn't have to use makeup to make themselves prettier, but its a fact that the beat makeup ages you and makes you look harsh in the face.

Some receipts to show you the error of your ways.
god bless.

bdff12d15f2d85a8010c25.09762781_.jpg

megan-thee-stallion-hype-hair.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Alissa-Ashley.jpg

DellsFave

Sarcasm.
Reaction score
Reactions
167,890 5,656 943
Alleybux
You a lie! Girls always look prettier barefaced, or with a "no makeup makeup" look! Of course makeup can be a form of expression so everyone doesn't have to use makeup to make themselves prettier, but its a fact that the beat makeup ages you and makes you look harsh in the face.

Some receipts to show you the error of your ways.
god bless.

bdff12d15f2d85a8010c25.09762781_.jpg

megan-thee-stallion-hype-hair.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Alissa-Ashley.jpg

I don't think the op said anything negative about natural looking makeup looks or suggested a full beat was always necessary.

News Alley

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom