Quantcast

*****es need to stop lying about spice

Reaction score
Reactions
6,708 92 10
Alleybux
Profanity in thread or confession title
I’m tired of going to restaurants and them telling me the food is spicy (5 chillis on the menu) only for them to be lyinggg.

if I order something that’s allegedly super spicy, I want my eyes to be watering in the restaurant! :cry Nose runnin, lips red, all of it

Reaction score
Reactions
6,708 92 10
Alleybux
Do you go to black or yt restaurants. And what is the demographic around the restaurants you go to?

I frequent a lot of Arab and black restaurants, and I’m a Londoner so my area has a lot of POC
They stay lying on chilli

Bjxxxx

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,856 1,064 802
Alleybux
I’m tired of going to restaurants and them telling me the food is spicy (5 chillis on the menu) only for them to be lyinggg.

if I order something that’s allegedly super spicy, I want my eyes to be watering in the restaurant! :cry Nose runnin, lips red, all of it
You are not in the restaurants in Jersey, where there is little India. FR, if they say it’s mild, you need to have your tissues ready. Fortunately I like spicey, but I tell them American spicey (which is usually a 3+). I want to feel my tongue when I eat.

However, our Thai, Kenyen, Chinese, Indonesian (and even some of the Japanese and sushi spots) all got the bomb spicey levels.

Out here if you say 5, be prepared to feel nothing in your upper respiratory due to the burning, have your tongue go numb, lose taste for at least 30 minutes, and be in tears with running nose (which will also for some reason feel like it’s burning).

Reaction score
Reactions
6,708 92 10
Alleybux
You are not in the restaurants in Jersey, where there is little India. FR, if they say it’s mild, you need to have your tissues ready. Fortunately I like spicey, but I tell them American spicey (which is usually a 3+). I want to feel my tongue when I eat.

However, our Thai, Kenyen, Chinese, Indonesian (and even some of the Japanese and sushi spots) all got the bomb spicey levels.

I feel like I need to go abroad for the spice I like! Indian and Sri Lankan restaurants in my area tend to get it right

Clara Barton

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
182,173 10,698 4,211
Alleybux

That's Korean food.

My friend looked so dumb trying to eat, full dramatics, and drinking from the pitcher of water between bites.

Y'all need to eat at home lol

Reaction score
Reactions
6,708 92 10
Alleybux
That's Korean food.

My friend looked so dumb trying to eat, full dramatics, and drinking from the pitcher of water between bites.

Y'all need to eat at home lol
Eating at home is the besttttttt! I love to cook and have been exploring many cuisines! Made a really spicy Korean wings last week and it felt good to eat ‘messy’. Sauce all on my hands :cry (Though of course I eat neatly in restaurants)

Would be great if restaurants could cater to ppl who like extra spice though

DaPretty One

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
25,121 663 184
Alleybux

Out here if you say 5, be prepared to feel nothing in your upper respiratory due to the burning, have your tongue go numb, lose taste for at least 30 minutes, and be in tears with running nose (which will also for some reason feel like it’s burning).
I agree. Many foreign restaurant have to cater to the whyte taste and tend to water down the spice. However I noticed that if you go to a Thai restaurant and ask for Thai Hot, you won't be disappointed.

musicalchef

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,513 40 37
Alleybux
Why do so many people use the word "spicy" when what they really mean is "hot". Next time trying asking for the heat level or is the dish hot, or are there a lot of peppers or chiles used in the dish.

Ayebihitsme

Just for giggles
Reaction score
Reactions
8,370 271 35
Alleybux
I agree. Many foreign restaurant have to cater to the whyte taste and tend to water down the spice. However I noticed that if you go to a Thai restaurant and ask for Thai Hot, you won't be disappointed.

Yessss. I actually do not handle spiciness very well, but for Thai food, I will suffer. I was so shocked when I went to my local Thai place and asked for a spice of two, and it actually was quite hot. I was shook. I was expecting like a little hot sauce flavor in the juice or something.

Coco K. Flo

Being nosy, thanks.
Reaction score
Reactions
85,612 1,066 238
Alleybux
I have different experiences because I don’t tolerate spicy food. The white people I know go above and beyond to profess how much they *love* spicy food.

That said, I don’t go to restaurants in white areas and expect a lot of flavors/seasonings. For damn sure not to a barbecue place, see what they rave over, and end up agreeing. I stay far away from sides I love like macaroni and greens, BUT some things like roasted brussells sprouts are great takes and I walk away doing something great with at home. Gives me inspiration for some techniques for sure.

DaPretty One

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
25,121 663 184
Alleybux
I have different experiences because I don’t tolerate spicy food. The white people I know go above and beyond to profess how much they love spicy food.

That said, I don’t go to restaurants in white areas and expect a lot of flavors/seasonings. For damn sure not to a barbecue place, see what they rave over, and end up agreeing. I stay far away from sides I love like macaroni and greens, BUT some things like roasted brussells sprouts are great takes and I walk away doing something great with at home. Gives me inspiration for some techniques for sure.
I agree with you 100 percent! Their taste in food is trash especially BBQ. That junk always taste like
wood with sauce on it. But like you said if it's something specific to their category like casseroles and kale then it's delicious.

Last edited:

Blessence

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,279 1,878 1,207
Alleybux
I love me some very hot food. Unfortunately where I live there are not any restaurants that sell super hot spicy dishes