Quantcast

UPDATE Euphoria. Rue: part 1

Sgtpennylane

JC Chasez deserved better.
Reaction score
Reactions
35,574 1,683 227
Alleybux

ETA: I watched it and had I paid for it, I would want my money back. Don’t do it y’all.
F4BF53DA-236D-4FAB-820B-AF053D479AF0.jpeg

Last edited:

Cali07

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,713 253 132
Alleybux
Finally!!! Maybe I should binge last season so I’m ready for Friday

Morning View

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,888 403 105
Alleybux
Just a heads up supposedly the early stream is tomorrow or today. Dec 3rd at 9pm est. I swore I saw Friday but my mistake.

Kim K K W

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,728 4,250 7,640
Alleybux
Can’t wait to stream it tonight. 9pm pacific time

so is the story starting after season 1 from when she overdosed?

anyways here for this.

Last edited:

SaltyBish

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,525 1,805 3,607
Alleybux
Lord. they are in this diner the entire episode....

i’m going to sleep. I’ll be here for the comments tomorrow so someone can tell me if the episode was good or not.

Morning View

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,888 403 105
Alleybux
The episode is really good. The chemistry between Zendaya and Colman is great. Just the whole conversation between Rue and Ali is thought provoking.

Jawn Redcorn

Only fans customer support agent
Reaction score
Reactions
3,651 59 129
Alleybux
The episode was good and thought provoking. It definitely added some layers to the show that weren’t there previously. I throughly enjoyed it.

Morning View

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,888 403 105
Alleybux
Twitter streets saying this episode sucks...

I thought it was good. But I can understand why people didn’t like it. But the episode was very much laid out there for you to ingest all at once. Especially because Ali never sugarcoats with Rue. It was pretty fitting. Plus if it was like the last season, the conversation would’ve felt...not as sincere.

stonefox123

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,447 88 101
Alleybux
I liked the episode. It was thought provoking, Ali was amazing, and we got a clear look into Rue's head. I think Sam did a great job.

I get why people were upset cause there weren't intense visuals and makeup, but chill out. These bridge episodes were always filmed as a way to see where certain characters were at.

Last edited:

kyswizzle

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,974 43 1
Alleybux
Can someone just spoil it for me. What did they talk about in the diner and does it take place before or after Jules lefts Rue

DolceDiva

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
214,363 2,853 865
Alleybux
This episode was painfully beautiful. I think Twitter didn’t like it because there wasn’t any “action” or xes and they probably can’t relate to the relationship between Rue and Ali. This episode was deeper and more emotional but in a really dark way. I hope it sets the tone for the season. Addiction is layered. It’s never just one thing.

ETA: Make sure you watch “inside the episode” afterwards. It will help make their intentions more clear.

Morning View

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,888 403 105
Alleybux
Can someone just spoil it for me. What did they talk abo ut in the diner and does it take place before or after Jules lefts Rue
Rue has a dream sequence before the diner setting. She’s waking up Jules with kisses up her back and on her face. Jules is talking about her presentation. She starts to get ready and Rue is just watching her from the bed, before she heads out. Then Rue gets some pills from under the mattress, crushes them, snorts them bad bois.

She’s suddenly in the diner bathroom rubbing her nose and she walks towards Ali at the booth. He asks her how she’s doing. She’s just saying whatever sounds good, but then he catches her in a lie. And she’s looking like oop the jig is up. He tells her he knows she’s high. They talk about various topics but it all kind of comes to a head to the main topic which is addiction. They talk about civil rights, BLM, how these companies say they care but they’re only saying that because it makes them money. They talk about addiction, mental health, Rue’s fights with her mom. Rue’s “relationship” with Jules. You get a backstory on Ali and his daughters. It’s a lot. I’m actually gonna rewatch it today to fully digest it all. Sam did the damn thing on this episode.
I’m watching it now. The actor playing Ali is so good.
Yes! Colman Domingo is great. He has that kinda voice where you just wanna stop and listen.

How many bridge episodes will there be?
Just two. I believe the next one is Jules focused.

This episode was painfully beautiful. I think Twitter didn’t like it because there wasn’t any “action” or xes and they probably can’t relate to the relationship between Rue and Ali. This episode was deeper and more emotional but in a really dark way. I hope it sets the tone for the season. Addiction is layered. It’s never just one thing.

ETA: Make sure you watch “inside the episode” afterwards. It will help make their intentions more clear.

I thought it was great too. People wanna watch about the addiction to see the “fun” in it but the minute they see the anguish and the cold hard truth of what it does to a person, then they say it’s boring. They also gotta remember it was filmed when quarantine restrictions weren’t as lax as they are now. But I thought Sam knocked it out the park with this episode. I thought everyone would’ve gotten something out of this episode. People use things to cope with their mental issues, some people it’s drugs(yes even weed too can be abused), alcohol, xes, video games, social media. Anything really. Especially if you have an addictive way, and everyone’s rock bottom is different. Some people see the ugly side of how something changed them earlier than others.

unfortunately for rue I think we haven’t seen the ugly side yet. We saw glimpse but she hasn’t hit rock bottom.

idk I can talk about this stuff all day haha

kyswizzle

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,974 43 1
Alleybux
Rue has a dream sequence before the diner setting. She’s waking up Jules with kisses up her back and on her face. Jules is talking about her presentation. She starts to get ready and Rue is just watching her from the bed, before she heads out. Then Rue gets some pills from under the mattress, crushes them, snorts them bad bois.

She’s suddenly in the diner bathroom rubbing her nose and she walks towards Ali at the booth. He asks her how she’s doing. She’s just saying whatever sounds good, but then he catches her in a lie. And she’s looking like oop the jig is up. He tells her he knows she’s high. They talk about various topics but it all kind of comes to a head to the main topic which is addiction. They talk about civil rights, BLM, how these companies say they care but they’re only saying that because it makes them money. They talk about addiction, mental health, Rue’s fights with her mom. Rue’s “relationship” with Jules. You get a backstory on Ali and his daughters. It’s a lot. I’m actually gonna rewatch it today to fully digest it all. Sam did the damn thing on this episode.

Yes! Colman Domingo is great. He has that kinda voice where you just wanna stop and listen.

Just two. I believe the next one is Jules focused.

I thought it was great too. People wanna watch about the addiction to see the “fun” in it but the minute they see the anguish and the cold hard truth of what it does to a person, then they say it’s boring. They also gotta remember it was filmed when quarantine restrictions weren’t as lax as they are now. But I thought Sam knocked it out the park with this episode. I thought everyone would’ve gotten something out of this episode. People use things to cope with their mental issues, some people it’s drugs(yes even weed too can be abused), alcohol, xes, video games, social media. Anything really. Especially if you have an addictive way, and everyone’s rock bottom is different. Some people see the ugly side of how something changed them earlier than others.

unfortunately for rue I think we haven’t seen the ugly side yet. We saw glimpse but she hasn’t hit rock bottom.

idk I can talk about this stuff all day haha

thank you! Wow so Rue snorting those pills at the end of the first season was real, idky but I thought it was just a part of the lil music video that had at the end :cry:

TORRES

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,330 180 59
Alleybux
Imo, this was the saddest episode. Some of the things Ali told Rue hit me hard, especially when he asked her how she wanted to be remembered after passing. Great chemistry between the actors.

ContactHigh

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,548 409 2
Alleybux
Imo, this was the saddest episode. Some of the things Ali told Rue hit me hard, especially when he asked her how she wanted to be remembered after passing. Great chemistry between the actors.

When she said "I really don't plan on being here that long" crushed my soul.

On a lighter note: When Ali ask Rue about Jules and their relationship, I bout died when she said "Well, made out after the carnival and like being together" "What do you mean did we talk about it, why would we talk about it"

Rueeee baby, no lmao.

I can't wait to see the Jules side of this, they clearly weren't on the same page status wise.

Reaction score
Reactions
5,346 65 23
Alleybux
This episode was beautifully done and deep. Ali is such an amazing character and Zendaya did a great performance.

When she said "I don't plan on being here much longer" I felt that...I relate to Rue so much despite not being an addict or having loss a parent to illness but I relate to her mentality and feelings.

Just a beautifully written episode with deep quotes. Can't really put it into words

Bad Streets

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
126,745 8,085 1,876
Alleybux
Anybody remember the episode of Underground that featured a full hour-long episode of Aisha Hinds playing Harriett Tubman giving a speech.

AlexsiaByrein

Y’all going ta Freaknik?
Reaction score
Reactions
119,608 1,851 162
Alleybux
I loved the episode. Especially Rue’s POV regarding the death of her dad and “purpose”. I am not an atheist myself, but I can totally understand & relate to how still feeling the anger of losing a parent can lead you to dark places emotionally and mentally. Like others have said in this thread, a lot of the teen viewers were upset because this wasn’t a ‘xes, drugs and rock n’ roll’ type of episode, but I truly enjoyed it. Both actors were amazing. Even the waitress, she managed to be powerful through her few lines also.

Anybody remember the episode of Underground that featured a full hour-long episode of Aisha Hinds playing Harriett Tubman giving a speech.

I do remember that. I am still upset at how they canceled the show before we really got to see that storyline fleshed out.

Protozoa

I want war (BUT I NEED PEACE)
Reaction score
Reactions
395,470 13,020 1,342
Alleybux
Like another font said, anyone can take something from this episode. Personally, when they spoke on spirituality that touched me. It wasn't until an experience I had a couple years ago, I realized my mortality. I had to start really believing in something bigger than myself to cope.

1010winns

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
163,405 8,817 2,741
Alleybux
Excellent episode. When Ali spoke on the spiritual revolution and having to recreate god, I felt that so deeply.

Romey

CIS!!!!
Reaction score
Reactions
71,698 6,323 5,636
Alleybux
I’m rewatching now. It was a fantastic episode. IMO the best written episode they’ve ever done. The dialogue about drug addiction was spot on. Colman is an incredible actor. Zendaya is fantastic as well.