Quantcast

Everything Fertility Thread!! Potions...Lotions... Cystals...

Wowzerz22

In De House on East 99
Reaction score
Reactions
6,530 86 7
Alleybux
So glad I found this thread. I have a a couple fibroids and I'm on the cusp of 26 (bday tomorrow) and was feeling down because I've just met the love of my life and I want to give him an army. This thread has been so helpful and encouraging I hope you ladies who were TTC have succeeded and you guys come back to share more tips!

Sent from my iPhone using Lipstick Alley mobile app powered by Tapatalk

SugahPlum

I'm one of one, I'm number one, I'm the only one
Reaction score
Reactions
118,831 3,444 1,270
Alleybux
I purchased PreMama Fertility it makes me sleepy after taking it.
3-FertilityNEW.png

I also listen these videos during Moon time and Jupiter time.

[video=youtube;1oIJ871Jw2w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oIJ871Jw2w[/video]

[video=youtube;2T9ofFavRxs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T9ofFavRxs[/video]

Olive

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,640 611 142
Alleybux
Thank you for this info!!! I'm gonna see if I can find those things here in France. Sometimes it is hard to find homeopathic products here becaus I don't know where to go.

So I wasn't completely honest in my last post. I mentioned that I had previously had the miscarriage because I didn't want that to be the focus of my post. Well I was actually in the very beginning days of the miscarriage so I was saddened but still positive. The following WEEKS turned out to be the worst in my life. Not only was my miscarriage long and drawn out but it was unbelievably painful. I was in and out of the hospital where no one spoke English. They wouldn't give me any real pain meds because my HCg levels were still high after a week of bleeding so they couldn't guarantee that I was having a miscarriage although I knew I was. Plus the French under medicate so no percocet for me either way!That was very frustrating because it kept giving my husband hope which means he kept getting disappointed as well. They kept taking blood....like 8 viles at a time because they "weren't sure of my blood type". Of course.....just my luck....I am Rh negative and hubby is positive so I had to get an injection of Rhogam.

Which led to even more misery. Rhogam lowers your immune system. While at that filthy hospital I caught a bad stomach virus. WHEN I TELL YOU I WAS SICK!!!!!I thought I was dying. Couldn't even keep down water and the usually 3 day illness lasted 11 days because my immune system couldn't fight it off. I spent Thanksgiving and my birthday in the hospital. I lost about 13lbs and I'm already pretty slim. We had family all over the world praying for me! Folks were calling from Senegal asking for my full name to pray for me and people in the US putting me on their prayer lists at church. lol. Mind you, I was dealing with diarheaa and vomiting ALONG with heavy bleeding and the eventual expulsion of what was clearly a tiny fetus and partial placenta tissue. <Heavy sigh>

I don't say all of this as a woe is me but just as a preface to the actual point of this post. After such an ordeal I am beyond terrified of going through this again. I don't think I could handle this a second time. Not emotionally, spiritually, or physically. It was just too much. I'm tearing up just thinking about that dark period. When I first started bleeding my friend was like "don't worry, a miscarriage isn't a big deal". bµllsh!t!!!! I was watching an Aljeezeera special on babies for sell in Nigeria.I know I was supposed to be appalled but I was thinking...."hey that's an option". smh. Adoption doesn't seem like a bad idea either.That's literally how afraid I am.

Has anyone ever experienced something similar? I could use some support or advice because this is a little too much for me and I'm a very strong person. As much as I want a little munchkin I don't think my body can handle that much torture again.....I would probably check out of here. I know my husband wants to try again but I hide from him now.
Any update?

EvesBayou

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
22,610 313 164
Alleybux
Any update?

Yeah....it has been a long rocky road. I went on to have two more and the docs wouldn't do testing until after the third one. They kept saying things like "I had 5 miscarriages and then went on to have three children" :e8_25:

Turns out I have hypothyroidism, basement level vitamin D levels, and a blood clotting disorder. :cry 512x512:. I'm really curious to know why none of these issues were detected before. So i've been on meds for the thyroid issues and I have to take Lovenox after ovulation every month. This is all pretty recent (two months or so) so we are waiting for everything to balance out before trying again. My issues are actually easy fixes...sad that I had to suffer 3 miscarriages first.

So this thread is actually a really good one. I am super fertile. Perfect eggs. Perfect FSH levels, etc. Everything to do with the reproductive system checked out fine. But my body clearly wasn't baby friendly AT ALL. I would suggest every woman that is even toying with the idea of pregnancy to force her doctor to do a preconception check where they test your blood and your uterus. This can all be done in one day's time but it can save months or even years of heartbreak. Don't wait to realize there is a problem AFTER there is a problem. Push your doctors. My OBGYN is so lackadaisical about it because all he knows to look at are reproductive problems. He even told me "you are very healthy and fertile. I PROMISE you that you will have a baby...I just don't know when". So I'm going to keep having miscarriages until I get lucky??? Nah son. I ended up going to an endocrinologists for my hypothyroidism and he is the one that helped me solve my problems.

Ladies be your own advocate!!! I feel better...I even look better. Smh. I didn't realize how bad I felt until I felt better. No way a pregnancy can thrive with a sluggish thyroid and possible blood clots!

Olive

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,640 611 142
Alleybux
Yeah....it has been a long rocky road. I went on to have two more and the docs wouldn't do testing until after the third one. They kept saying things like "I had 5 miscarriages and then went on to have three children" :e8_25:

Turns out I have hypothyroidism, basement level vitamin D levels, and a blood clotting disorder. :cry 512x512:. I'm really curious to know why none of these issues were detected before. So i've been on meds for the thyroid issues and I have to take Lovenox after ovulation every month. This is all pretty recent (two months or so) so we are waiting for everything to balance out before trying again. My issues are actually easy fixes...sad that I had to suffer 3 miscarriages first.

So this thread is actually a really good one. I am super fertile. Perfect eggs. Perfect FSH levels, etc. Everything to do with the reproductive system checked out fine. But my body clearly wasn't baby friendly AT ALL. I would suggest every woman that is even toying with the idea of pregnancy to force her doctor to do a preconception check where they test your blood and your uterus. This can all be done in one day's time but it can save months or even years of heartbreak. Don't wait to realize there is a problem AFTER there is a problem. Push your doctors. My OBGYN is so lackadaisical about it because all he knows to look at are reproductive problems. He even told me "you are very healthy and fertile. I PROMISE you that you will have a baby...I just don't know when". So I'm going to keep having miscarriages until I get lucky??? Nah son. I ended up going to an endocrinologists for my hypothyroidism and he is the one that helped me solve my problems.

Ladies be your own advocate!!! I feel better...I even look better. Smh. I didn't realize how bad I felt until I felt better. No way a pregnancy can thrive with a sluggish thyroid and possible blood clots!

Thank you so much for the update and the advice. I pray you get better and you are able to achieve your heart's desires.

Booq

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,967 350 66
Alleybux
I purchased PreMama Fertility it makes me sleepy after taking it.
3-FertilityNEW.png

I also listen these videos during Moon time and Jupiter time.

[video=youtube;1oIJ871Jw2w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oIJ871Jw2w[/video]

[video=youtube;2T9ofFavRxs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T9ofFavRxs[/video]
Did the premama help you conceive?

WakeUpLove

LoveIsTheAnswer❤
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
24,997 2,135 808
Alleybux
i've been diagnosed with pcos since i was 16. but i got irregular periods ever since i started getting my menstrual cycle at 12.

i could have neverrrrrrrr everrr gotten pregnant. but when my bf left to go ny for vacation, i started getting heavily into chakra meditation. did alot of self love, soul/spiritual repair and just prayed alot. mind you i never wanted to initiate a pregnancy. i just felt like getting in touch with my higher self.

long story short, he came back after a month, and i saw him the weekend. and that sameeee weekend, i got pregnant. call it a miracle, call it simply just spontaneous. but in all my years i couldn't have. even when i so-called 'ovulated' nothing happen.

i posted here that i lost the baby. but i am trying for another. possibly not now, 2 yrs.

so thank you all for the info and this thread

How are you doing now love?

truthtea

FlavorFlavsYeastInfection
Reaction score
Reactions
895 199 869
Alleybux
Hello. I am 25 and not xesually active but want to have a baby in the next few years. i am not on birth control and want to know ways to keep my eggs healthy and fertility optimal.

offsetdipset

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,074 76 10
Alleybux
I'm 29 on Sunday and we've been trying to have a baby for over a year. I've lost some weight and still plan on losing more. But I just feel like I've seen much bigger girls than me get knocked up.

What else can i do to boost my chances apart from vitamins?

Soriya

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
216,427 4,183 1,318
Alleybux
I went for my regular pap smear two weeks ago, and I was told my ovaries do not look PCOS-like (a string of pearls), but a reproductive endocrinologist told me I did a decade ago.

Good thread. I’ll check it out.

Queenshawtii

Back in this Bih
Reaction score
Reactions
26,881 627 127
Alleybux
Also if you have genetic tests done or you know someone in your family has an mthfr gene mutation, it may cause issues with fertility. My mom had at least 5 miscarriages but 3 live births, It was hard to see her go thorough that, she didn't find out until she was done having kids.

jamaicanborn

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,883 61 49
Alleybux
Has anyone have ever had polyps? And did you get them removed how has that affected you in getting pregnant? Also is it better to have a DNC done or have the polyps removed?

buttercup828

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
787 16 2
Alleybux
The one and only time I got pregnant I was taking Dong Quai ( I think that's how it's spelled?) I was taking it because my periods were sometimes a day or two late and I was annoyed by that and heard that herb can help speed up your period. I wasn't trying to get pregnant at all...turns out Dong Quai promotes bloodflow to the pelvis. So that might be something you'd wanna try if you're trying to have a baby and keep it natural. Black Cohosh as someone else mentioned also does that same thing, promotes blood flow to the pelvic area.

Booq

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,967 350 66
Alleybux
The one and only time I got pregnant I was taking Dong Quai ( I think that's how it's spelled?) I was taking it because my periods were sometimes a day or two late and I was annoyed by that and heard that herb can help speed up your period. I wasn't trying to get pregnant at all...turns out Dong Quai promotes bloodflow to the pelvis. So that might be something you'd wanna try if you're trying to have a baby and keep it natural. Black Cohosh as someone else mentioned also does that same thing, promotes blood flow to the pelvic area.
Where did you get it from?

Booq

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,967 350 66
Alleybux
I’ve tried maca, black Cohash, prenatal, pre seed and nothing seems to be working. It’s been a year and I’m so frustrated

Mary Jenkins

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
156,791 5,255 5,341
Alleybux
Any of you read Queen Afua’s book Sacred Woman? Apparently holding on to past trauma, certain feelings can even affect fertility.

buttercup828

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
787 16 2
Alleybux
I’ve tried maca, black Cohash, prenatal, pre seed and nothing seems to be working. It’s been a year and I’m so frustrated
Keep your head up--a friend of mine was trying for 2 years (she's very skinny and we all assumed her low weight might be the reason but who knows) eventually her & her husband got pregnant & they have a healthy adorable son. I believe she tried acupuncture which is also known to stimulate blood flow in the right areas of the body for conception, similar to Dong Quai & Black Cohosh.

brwnstyrr

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
445 7 9
Alleybux
Women in my family used to take Lydia Pinkham pills when they wanted to get pregnant. They all did! The product boasts " a baby in every bottle"! It also comes in liquid form. It's been on the market since the 1800's. The active ingredient is the herb, black cohosh.

296dhra.png

oh so this is like Geritol!
it tastes like terrible if it was ever bottled but i heard the same "baby at the end of every bottle". Blessings ad good luck to in the baby brewing!

QueenMee

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
32,472 1,883 125
Alleybux
I tried Maca about 7 years ago it made me vomit, I tried another brand yesterday, one pill, and this morning i was sprinklers on the toilet at work, never again.

Queenshawtii

Back in this Bih
Reaction score
Reactions
26,881 627 127
Alleybux
I tried Maca about 7 years ago it made me vomit, I tried another brand yesterday, one pill, and this morning i was sprinklers on the toilet at work, never again.

Maca is hard on some people's stomach. Sometimes people can take the gelatinized or fermented form over the raw kind.

QueenMee

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
32,472 1,883 125
Alleybux
Maca is hard on some people's stomach. Sometimes people can take the gelatinized or fermented form over the raw kind.

Thanks, never new Maca had other alternatives... But I found out my iron was beyond low at the time. Changed my eating lifestyle and started exercising more, this changed everything for me. :sun:

Esseqb

Why be fake when you can be authentic?
Reaction score
Reactions
877 24
Alleybux
Both me and my best friend! My best friend had her baby in September and I’ll be having my baby in a few weeks. It doesn’t hurt to try.

How did you use it? As per the instructions on the bottle or in a special way when ovulating?

MissMorena

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,442 20 11
Alleybux
Ladies, in the last few years, I have been learning about herbs from the amazon rainforest. I take powdered maca root almost daily to boost fertility. And just recently I found out about moringa and camu camu. Like maca, moringa is a superfood, packed with nutrients (i.e. anti-aging, anti-cancer, antioxidants, amino acids, vitamins/ minerals). And camu camu contains up to 50 more vitamin C (antioxidant) than oranges! Used together, these 3 herbs alone can boost fertility!! And remember to have your man cleanse and take these herbs too!! Poor sperm health is often the main cause of infertility!!
2119n9f.gif
There are PLENTY of green powder mixes on the market. It's very easy for him to mix some green powders in a smoothie or with some fruit juice and keep it moving!! LOL I use Navitas brand a lot:

343gsg0.png
28be9tv.jpg
2zhgw94.png

I also just recently learned that women over 35 should take Ubiquinol INSTEAD of CoQ10. Ubiquinol is the active form of CoQ10 and is much more easily absorbable. These are used to oxygenate the system, especially the heart, and increase egg quality!!

Thank you so much for these amazing tips and suggestions!

DovesCry

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,308 21 11
Alleybux
Black seed oil helped me get pregnant I swear lol. Me and my fiance are pregnant after 2 plus yrs of trying.

Edward Snowden

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,288 1,356 1,344
Alleybux
So ivf hasn’t worked and we cannot afford any more cycles for a while, so I’ve decided to try anything to help whilst we can get back financially to a position to try ivf.

I have just ordered a yoni steam seat and starter kit.
I’m eliminating gluten from my diet and I detest seafood but I want to try eat salmon once a week until I build up to 2/3 a week.
I’m going to incorporate a side of green vegetables with every evening meal.

I have booked in for blood work this Thursday and still awaiting another laparoscopy as my Endo is back and more fµck!ng painful then ever.

I also suffer from mental health issues And lockdown is making it worse. I was pinning my hopes on my surgery which has been cancelled until CoVid19 settles.

I’m getting stressed AF because I’m closer to 40 now and feel like my time is running out.

Olive

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,640 611 142
Alleybux
So ivf hasn’t worked and we cannot afford any more cycles for a while, so I’ve decided to try anything to help whilst we can get back financially to a position to try ivf.

I have just ordered a yoni steam seat and starter kit.
I’m eliminating gluten from my diet and I detest seafood but I want to try eat salmon once a week until I build up to 2/3 a week.
I’m going to incorporate a side of green vegetables with every evening meal.

I have booked in for blood work this Thursday and still awaiting another laparoscopy as my Endo is back and more fµck!ng painful then ever.

I also suffer from mental health issues And lockdown is making it worse. I was pinning my hopes on my surgery which has been cancelled until CoVid19 settles.

I’m getting stressed AF because I’m closer to 40 now and feel like my time is running out.

Are you employed? If so, do they offer any assistance in this area?

What have you tried via IVF? What are the contributing to it not working?

Merel

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Hope this hasn't been suggested already, but I was tought that Evening Primrose oil helps with becoming pregnant.
7c40c895-1597-45b7-8e17-31b5cf12b83c.d92d17383bc9c943b7ac35e587c4897a.jpeg
Evening primrose oil – evening primrose oil helps improve the quality of cervical mucus; cervical mucus is necessary for the sperm to find their way to the egg. It’s suggested that you only take evening primrose oil up until ovulation, as it does have negative effects in early pregnancy.

See also this link (has other tips too)
Do Fertility Supplements Actually Work?

Trending Threads

News Alley

Ask LSA

General Alley

Top Bottom