Quantcast

Ex-Team USA Gymnastics Coach John Geddert Dead By Suicide Hours After xesual Assault Charges Filed

ThruMyEyes

Slurping melted Brussels sprouts and Henny
Reaction score
Reactions
57,830 2,212 148
Alleybux
There need to be one female parent there (rotating) as well. You can't even trust female coaches either.

And, most gyms have multiple female coaches. These pervs still manage to get those young kids alone.

gymnfan1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,088 399 417
Alleybux
Also we still do not know about the true abuse of the Russian Figure Skating world were the young girls are now a dominant powerhouse.

I don't know about Russian Figure Skating. But, under the soviet gymnastics system, they used to impregnate the top female gymnasts then force them to have abortions. The said that something about the changes in their hormones made them stronger gymnasts.

abxgirl

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
12,259 867 75
Alleybux
I don't know about Russian Figure Skating. But, under the soviet gymnastics system, they used to impregnate the top female gymnasts then force them to have abortions. The said that something about the changes in their hormones made them stronger gymnasts.
One of their top gymnasts just had s baby last year.

Myace38

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,639 1,347 706
Alleybux
Why is there so much abuse in US gymnastics?!?

Now just imagine what team china and russia have to go through especially for the rhythmic gymnastics sector smdh
Well the abuses help break the minds of young kids so that they are easier to control and addicted to xes for the purpose of trafficking them to those rich perverts in exchange for sponsorship. This is how all those super athletes are created.

Last edited:

Minnie Mouse

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,337 1,086 72
Alleybux
I want to know how this happened to so many kids with different backgrounds and parents who were present, proving pedos will do whatever it takes to get close to kids. Whether they’re from vulnerable backgrounds or not...just sad

There need to be one female parent there (rotating) as well. You can't even trust female coaches either.

Mattie Larson said that her dad wouldn’t even go in the gym because he didn’t get along with the coaches, and she never understood why he would send her into a place even he wouldn’t go. She said that she also had to deal with healing with her parents after the Nassar stuff.

The truth is, parents will turn a blind eye if they think their child has what it takes to bring home an Olympic medal.

Queen Sena

The Queen of Wei MJs wifey
Reaction score
Reactions
78,091 1,643 870
Alleybux

nav_hamburger.svg

Former US Olympic coach charged with human trafficking, xesual as...

John Geddert, former Olympic gymnastics coach, kills himself after being charged with human trafficking, xes assault

KARA BERG AND KEN PALMER | LANSING STATE JOURNAL | 5 hours ago
icon-sms_24.svg

64ca5263-7ecd-4498-a34b-240a21d9b687-VPC_GYMNASTICS_COACH_SUICIDE_DESK.00_00_05_06.Still001.jpg

The former U.S. Olympic gymnastics coach killed himself after being charged human trafficking and xesual assault.
USA TODAY

LANSING, Mich. — Former Olympics gymnastics coach John Geddert took his own life Thursday afternoon, hours after a judge issued a warrant charging him with human trafficking, racketeering and xesual assault.

Geddert faced 20 counts of human trafficking and forced labor and one count each of first-degree xesual assault, second-degree xesual assault, racketeering and lying to a police officer.

Former USA Gymnastics coach is known as one of the most successful in the sport. But he's also one of the most controversial. Geddert founded the Twistars gymnastics club with his wife in Michigan in 1996.
ERIC LACY / LANSING STATE JOURNAL
OPINION: Geddert's death by suicide causes more harm to gymnasts he abused

The trafficking charges all were alleged to have occurred between 2008 and 2018. The six charges involving minors carry a maximum penalty of up to 20 years in prison upon conviction.

The charge of lying to police was the only charge directly related to Nassar, Assistant Attorney General Danielle Hagaman-Clark said. Authorities alleged Geddert knew Nassar was xesually abusing athletes but failed to take action, then lied to police when asked about it.

They said Geddert lied by saying he had never heard complaints about Nassar's treatment, by denying he was aware of any athletes receiving intravaginal treatments at Twistars and by saying males were not allowed in the female locker room.

"These charges against Mr. Geddert are for his actions and his alone," Hagaman-Clark said at the news conference with Nessel. "(The charges are about) his behavior in his gym related to his coaching."

MORE ON GEDDERT:

The two xesual assault charges involved a single athlete between the ages of 13 and 16. First-degree criminal xesual conduct carries a maximum penalty of up to life in prison upon conviction.

The racketeering charge was based on allegations Geddert had trafficked 15 of the athletes, referred to in court documents only by their initials, for financial gain. The listed address for the racketeering count was 9410 Davis Highway in Dimondale, which is the building formerly used by Twistars.

An attorney for Geddert, Chris Bergstrom, did not respond to a requests for comment Thursday.

Rachael Denhollander, the first person to publicly accuse Nassar of xesual assault, referred to Geddert's death on Twitter on Thursday.

"So much pain and grief for everyone," she said. "To the survivors, you have been heard and believed, and we stand with you. Thank you for telling the truth. What you have done matters. Please stay safe, you are loved and wanted here."

So much pain and grief for everyone.

To the survivors, you have been heard and believed, and we stand with you. Thank you for telling the truth. What you have done matters.

Please stay safe, you are loved and wanted here. https://t.co/7EP9cJ13fa

— Rachael Denhollander (@R_Denhollander) February 25, 2021
Denhollander told the Indianapolis Star in 2016 that she had been abused by Nassar. The Star published an article about the accusations that September.

Hundreds of woman and girls would follow Denhollander with stories of their own abuse at Nassar's hands. Denhollander made the final victim impact statement in Ingham County Circuit Court, prior to Nassar being sentenced to 40 to 175 years behind bars.

Angie Povilaitis, the lead prosecutor in the Nassar cases, also tweeted about Geddert's death.

"A lot of folks may not realize how heavy & hard today's news of John Geddert's suicide is.(on many victims and former gymnasts," she said. "Speaking to them directly: HE made his decisions & choices-ALL OF THEM. None of the weight of his choices or burdens should be yours to (bear)."

Suicide Lifeline: If you or someone you know may be struggling with suicidal thoughts, you can call the U.S. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255) any time of day or night or chat online.

View | 20 Photos
John Geddert, former U.S. Olympics gymnastics coach through the years
http://offers.usatoday.com/specialo...=amp&itm_campaign=JULY4th&itm_content=opennav

Your California Privacy Notice

Mobile AppsAd Choices

© Copyright Gannett 2021

rabgafban

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,985 508 129
Alleybux
He ended his life because he got caught..what a loser. I really wanted him to be attacked and harrased in jail like he did to others

kealoha

let this hell be our heaven.
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
59,779 1,058 152
Alleybux
He took the coward's way out, but at least he's gone. Plenty more to come!

MYAwilkes

JABAREE
Reaction score
Reactions
40,929 1,021 32
Alleybux
It's interesting when fate catches up to some criminals and abusers their cowardness kicks in and they end up taking their lives instead of being held accountable for destroying someone else's.

gunther85

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
73,436 1,764 887
Alleybux
People are saying he was killed because he was going to name names of other pedos etc.

I doubt that only because Nassar is still breathing. What kind of dirt could this guy have that Nassar didn't? He's just a coward and dirtbag.

LanaThaGod

Beyoncé Says Yee, We Say Haw
Reaction score
Reactions
52,508 4,052 409
Alleybux
Why is there so much abuse in US gymnastics?!?

Now just imagine what team china and russia have to go through especially for the rhythmic gymnastics sector smdh

If the head Russian RG coach is comfortable scolding a gymnast on camera like this I can only imagine what goes on behind the scenes.

From 1:30

MataHarii

Zesty Zeus
Reaction score
Reactions
77,372 3,827 1,697
Alleybux
He took the coward's way out, but at least he's gone. Plenty more to come!

I wish more people would kill themselves. Unpopular opinion, trials are incredibly hard on victims and sucks up resources. xesual crimes are rarely fully punishable since 60-70% go unsolved in spite of evidence or the lack of it. xesual predators should kill themselves. It takes the burden off society.

FrootLoop311

Empress of my Universe
Reaction score
Reactions
13,972 273 67
Alleybux
Anywhere you have young people put in the custody of unrelated adults it's a problem. Football, boy scouts, modeling, acting, even criminal justice system, and rehabilitation sites.
Yup. Abusers pick jobs where there is the appearance of credibility, power, and ample access to potential victims. That’s why we see them so often as coaches, teachers, clergy members.

laloveaffair

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,557 114 63
Alleybux
I feel the same way with dance, cheerleading and any other sport to be honest. Call me sexist or paranoid but a man can’t tell me how I feel or relate to girl especially as she goes through changes/puberty as an athlete. I feel like a woman coach should always be there to supervisor and be involved while parents are their to monitor

in the case of Larry Nassar, two gymnasts told a female coach that he penetrated them with his hand and the female coach not only defended Nassar, she ratted the two girls out to him.

nahh

I keep it nappy and I do what make me happy
Reaction score
Reactions
45,291 1,085 271
Alleybux
Female gymnastics is so weird to me; From the outfits to the worrying amount of male coaches/staff. Those girls go through too much.

Purplesquash01

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,089 2,012 143
Alleybux

You know your sports. Yes, this is true. They did this with the female track and Field athletes too.

During the 1960 the soviets did anything to win Olympic gold and beat the Americans.

gymnfan1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,088 399 417
Alleybux
You know your sports. Yes, this is true. They did this with the female track and Field athletes too.

During the 1960 the soviets did anything to win Olympic gold and beat the Americans.

I've been a gymnastics fan since Diane Durham won the National Championship in 1983.

Nyxie

It be your own environment
Reaction score
Reactions
2,745 112 63
Alleybux
Ex-Team USA Gymnastics Coach John Geddert Dead By Suicide Hours After xesual Assault Charges Filed

9c5430a51c4042949a8504141d110901_md.jpg

Breaking News
IMAGN

1:28 PM PT -- John Geddert is dead, according to state officials AND Geddert's attorney -- reportedly taking his own life after xesual assault charges were filed against him.

Geddert died from what appears to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound Thursday afternoon.

Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel issued a statement moments ago saying, "My office has been notified that the body of John Geddert was found late this afternoon after taking his own life."

"This is a tragic end to a tragic story for everyone involved."

----

John Geddert -- the coach of the legendary 2012 Team USA gymnastics team -- has been charged with multiple counts of human trafficking and xesual assault and faces up to life in prison.

... and there's a connection to disgraced Team USA doctor and convicted xesual predator Larry Nassar.

63-year-old Geddert was the head man in charge when the Fierce Five squad won gold at the 2012 Games in London. The team was comprised of superstars Aly Raisman, Gabby Douglas, McKayla Maroney, Kyla Ross and Jordyn Wieber.

0856f32723ea4410855669aad7f6948c_md.jpg

But, law enforcement officials say Geddert shouldn't be celebrated as some great coach -- claiming he's a scumbag who xesually assaulted an unidentified person in 2012 who was between the age of 13 and 16.

The specifics of the allegations are still unclear -- but the charges he's facing are horrifying.

In total, Geddert is facing 20 counts of human trafficking, 2 counts of xesual assault, 1 count of racketeering and 1 count of lying to a peace officer.

As for the Larry Nassar connection ... Nassar was the team doctor for the 2012 gymnastics team. Nassar also treated gymnasts at the Michigan gym, Twistars, which was owned by Geddert and his wife until they sold it just a few weeks ago.

It's relevant because prosecutors say Geddert lied to investigators in 2016 when they were looking into Nassar's criminal conduct -- and Geddert allegedly said he never heard anyone complain about the doctor.

Geddert probably saw the criminal charges coming ... Michigan State Police raided his home in early 2020.

Team USA suspended Geddert when the Larry Nassar story broke several years back. Geddert told people in 2018 he was retiring from coaching.

GOOD RIDDANCE.
Bless his victims. Although I'm not surprised. One of Nassar's first victims told a disturbing story about him. Here it is :
An Early Survivor Of Larry Nassar’s Abuse Speaks Out For the First Time

IcyMILF

I look gewd.
Reaction score
Reactions
1,497 233 305
Alleybux
I started gymnastics when I was 11, and I told my dad I wasnt cool with the uniforms... so for my next & final performance instead of the bikini leotard, he bought me one with shorts connected !!! Weird bc even at 11 I wasn’t rockin..