Quantcast

Excluding male relatives, what has been your most positive experience with a Black male?

Lushlife123

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
112,218 1,491 71
Alleybux
There was this black guy that I worked with. He was like a father figure to me, every morning he’ll pass my desk and we’ll chat for at least 20 mins before he went to his desk. I miss the life stories and advice he gave me and I hope to meet up with him and my other colleagues once lockdown has been lifted

melanias_concerned_face

Vintage Meme Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reactions
12,960 539 72
Alleybux
My incredibly gifted veterinary surgeon, the former head of the Blue Cross, who saved my 11-year old cat's leg with a difficult and complex operation. She's 6 weeks post-op and walking, climbing and flexing the toes.

Reaction score
Reactions
5,001 211 199
Alleybux
Well, this parasocial relationship I am having with Morris is the best!! He does whatever I want, when I want. :joy:

1618598192911.png

loneangel

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
863 9 5
Alleybux
I was struggling to take a case of water to my third floor condo, a black FEDEX guy was leaving my floor after delivering a package to me, he took the case of water from me while I was on the first floor and carried the water to my door. I do not come across men like him often.

Amandabby22

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
424,226 10,585 6,680
Alleybux
Are we excluding romantic/xesual experiences?

I’ll give one:
I had a group of male friends while I was in college. It was usually the 4 of us. Never romantic, never xesual completely platonic. They looked out for me so much on campus. I never had to walk alone to my dorm at night. They would watch out for me at parties. Our freshman year we didn’t have cars so we would take the train home on the weekends and come back on Sunday. I would always miss the last bus back to campus.. & the train station was probably 15 mins-20 mins away by foot. When I would miss the train they would walk from campus to the train station to walk back with me to campus. That happened ALOT lol.

When I thought I was pregnant (& was) they walked to the drug store to buy me a pregnancy test. (We did a lot of walking back then)..Literally stayed up with me that whole night & attempted to help me figure out how I was gonna tell my mom.
When my babies were born they were the first ones to show up to the hospital with gifts. They came to the kids preschool graduation, birthday parties over the years, my college graduation when I went back to school. :cry::cry:

Probably the first time I’ve seen what a platonic friendship with a male looked like without them expecting anything in return. Very solid men to this day.

W I L L O W

Not home yet
Reaction score
Reactions
241,846 11,073 2,903
Alleybux
Funny cause none of my relatives are good people lol. Most of my good experiences were those who weren't family. I remember when one black guy gave me money for gas, when I was stranded one unlucky day. Dude didn't have to, but he did.

StellarMoon

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,015 1,539 770
Alleybux
All of my black male teachers and professors! Although, one in High school yelled at me for getting tissue and would always play hoop dreams and the temptations (Jesus Christ lmfao), I loved him!

Most older black men that are teachers are phenomenal mentors!

noordinarylove5

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,730 41 40
Alleybux
This Black man I'm dating now, I didn't know men like him existed. He's the most amazing, kind, loyal, trustworthy, funny, intelligent, socially aware, emotionally intelligent, hardworking, generous, loving person I've ever met. Just a beautiful soul. He's beautiful inside and out. He's the true definition of a good man. He makes me want to be a better person. He treats me like a queen every single day, he's told me his intentions are to make me his wife, he has never switched up and has always been consistent. He's not toxic. He's tall and sexy. I have not a single doubt about him. Like I'm on cloud nine. He's been in my life as a friend for years and I always knew he was a wonderful person but I was too caught up in a relationship that ran its course and should have ended a long time ago. Know your worth ladies, this is the kind of love that every Black woman deserves. His love for me is unconditional and we have something that is so pure and special. True love, real love. ❤

Anatwyla

my booty opened a portal to success
Reaction score
Reactions
189,871 4,705 804
Alleybux
Off the top of my head when I was in 6th grade a yt female teacher bullied me in class and embarrassed me in front of everyone. When I went to his classroom I was visibly upset and crying he took me off to the side and calmed me down and said the teacher was wrong for doing that and I didn't do anything wrong. Then he told me I could call my mom (because I think he knew what was gonna happen when mom showed up lol). He was my favorite teacher that year. I think he was really gentle with me because he saw I got picked on a lot and he knew my dad wasn't in my life.

Why did you have to ask this lol I'm crying thinking about it because I felt like no one cared at the time and he showed compassion and I'm just really emotional over it. Gahh stop crying Anatwyla lol

First Thyme Caller

DMX's Voice
Reaction score
Reactions
126,545 2,095 483
Alleybux
My former coworker an older black man treated me just like I was his sister. We haven't worked together in about 5 years but he still checks in with me once a month just to catch up.

Also once about 10 years ago I was in the grocery store and my card was declined ( it had expired and I didn't realize it) the guy behind me paid for my stuff.

Amandabby22

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
424,226 10,585 6,680
Alleybux
All of my black male teachers and professors! Although, one in High school yelled at me for getting tissue and would always play hoop dreams and the temptations (Jesus Christ lmfao), I loved him!

Most older black men that are teachers are phenomenal mentors!
I had a older black male calculus teacher and boy I hated his ass! He really thought he was the 2000s version of Joe Clark trying to save a inner city school.. meanwhile we were in the suburbs. We argued every day, he kicked me out a few times for not paying attention. Called my mom and snitched when I didn’t show up to class but he had saw me in the hallway earlier that day. “YOU’RE GONNA PASS THIS CLASS, IDC IF ITS THE LAST THING YOU DO.. BACK IN MY DAY..blah blah” I wanted him and calculus to go to hell. I ended up getting a B in his class & did well on his final. He had the nerve to pull me to side on the last day “I told you that you were gonna pass my class” **eye roll**

My mom loved him.. “sEe tHiS iS wHAT yOU nEEd. THaTs wHAts wRonG WitH tHesE kIdS toDaY! NOt eNOugH discIpliNE”

Every black male teacher I had was tough but in a good way.

redbud tree

Ballin in Instabal, Turkey
Reaction score
Reactions
383,679 10,681 3,149
Alleybux
A college professor of mine. Funny, smart, great mentor.

This Black man I'm dating now, I didn't know men like him existed. He's the most amazing, kind, loyal, trustworthy, funny, intelligent, socially aware, emotionally intelligent, hardworking, generous, loving person I've ever met. Just a beautiful soul. He's beautiful inside and out. He's the true definition of a good man. He makes me want to be a better person. He treats me like a queen every single day, he's told me his intentions are to make me his wife, he has never switched up and has always been consistent. He's not toxic. He's tall and sexy. I have not a single doubt about him. Like I'm on cloud nine. He's been in my life as a friend for years and I always knew he was a wonderful person but I was too caught up in a relationship that ran its course and should have ended a long time ago. Know your worth ladies, this is the kind of love that every Black woman deserves. His love for me is unconditional and we have something that is so pure and special. True love, real love. ❤
1zYz.gif

That's beautiful, sis!

Who knows, you may not have appreciated him as much if you dated before this past relationship ended.

Best of luck to y'all!!

Mr.inlaws

Look at the egdes I snached today
Reaction score
Reactions
8,418 233 24
Alleybux
My mom was in a wheelchair briefly following an accident. I remember taking her to the mall so she could visit her favourite store. We decided to take a taxi home (taxi's are usually just chilling outside of mall's in my city), but.....every taxi outside of the mall either drove off when they saw us approching, or they flat out told me no. I was about to just call someone, when a black taxi driver approched us. I cried so hard when we came home. It really hurt that people were ignoring my mom, but... I was filled with so much gratitude. He didn't treat us like a hassle, or like we were bothering him. He was incredibly welcoming, and happy to help us. He could've ignored us like everyone else, but decided against it. Perhaps he was just "doing his job", but I'm still so grateful to this day. May God bless him

GrapeKoolAid

Dressed like Regine's mom
Reaction score
Reactions
3,931 147 79
Alleybux
My incredibly gifted veterinary surgeon, the former head of the Blue Cross, who saved my 11-year old cat's leg with a difficult and complex operation. She's 6 weeks post-op and walking, climbing and flexing the toes.
I was today years old when I learned that cats have TOES. Mind officially blown. Let me google cat toes real quick.

brockhampton

JK Rowling STAN
Reaction score
Reactions
130,828 3,779 1,913
Alleybux
1*Irqbz57ypBnuGTuqmbkBXw.jpeg

FemNoire

PerpetuallyBlooming
Reaction score
Reactions
97,319 4,074 1,349
Alleybux
My HS school teacher. Initially he didn’t like me, I was that one student going to school in heels (I’m sure all the teachers thought I’d end up preggo before graduation lol). But the next year I had him for history and immediately we clicked.

He was like a second father figure, once when I was being rude to him he pulled me aside and threatened to “ring my neck” if I ever spoke to him like that again lmaoo.

Sadly the relationship ended badly. We kept in contact years after I graduated and so every so often he’d text me about meeting up and stuff. Also he was determined to match me with his son, wanted me to go to prom with him. He got too obsessive with me meeting his son and hanging out that it made me uncomfortable and sadly I ended up blocking him

It sucks it ended that way but he wouldn’t take no for an answer.

There was another amazing bm teacher I had in HS as well he was biracial. He was so damn funny and cool. Then his jokes went too far and I stopped speaking to him as well lmao, I was a hormonal teen. We had a good relationship so that did seem to bother him and I never explained why I got cold. After I had him he ended teaching at the middle school and I never heard from him since.

Bonehilda

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
77,016 4,095 95
Alleybux
When I was a teen my car overheated and stopped on a busy road. Two older Black men helped push my car off to the side while I sobbed in the driver's seat. They waited until I called my dad and made sure I was good before driving off.

A very nice Black male teacher in high school. I wasn't in his class, but he made sure to say hello and strike up a conversation in the hall with me and other Black students. He had a very calm and genuine vibe.

Greenche

The neighborhood little sister
Reaction score
Reactions
66,714 6,221 279
Alleybux
My college English professor. I’m a freshmen and it’s been crazy during covid and confusing. He’s been very nice and helpful. He’s made me a much better writer and has made me more confident in my writing.

I’ve been trying to think of positive experiences with black males my age. I’m 19 so roughly 17+ and there aren’t that many. I’ve had many positive experiences with black men who were much older than myself when I was growing up though.

They have me good life advice, protected me as a little girl, spoiled me, etc.... we weren’t related but the men growing up in my hometown were like family to me.

In high school there was a boy who was extremely smart.. like nearly perfect score on the ACT and all A’s smart...and we’d study together and sometimes he’d tutor me for free. I learned a lot from him. He was also very nice.

As a sophomore in high school I would say that I had a few positive experiences with two male seniors. They were very nice and funny. Star athletes. They probably don’t even remember me but I was very grateful for how they noticed that I was alone(and new) so they went out of their way to include me in the conversation and introduce me to black girls in my age range.

It probably sounds silly but without their efforts I probably wouldn’t have made so many positive relationships. Through those female friends I was put into positions to meet other friends.. some of the friends whom I’m still close with today.

Growing up and even now I admit that I faced a lot of teasing and harassment from black men but I also had fun with a lot of them. Black men are hilarious when they aren’t on that clown sh!t.

We joked together, some of them cheered me up when I was down, we all cheated together on tests, and just navigated life together.

MOGUL93

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
318,722 43,851 2,151
Alleybux
This is beautiful
1618609578141.png

SocaPrincess

No 44. No 16.
Reaction score
Reactions
53,173 1,107 127
Alleybux
Are we excluding romantic/xesual experiences?

I’ll give one:
I had a group of male friends while I was in college. It was usually the 4 of us. Never romantic, never xesual completely platonic. They looked out for me so much on campus. I never had to walk alone to my dorm at night. They would watch out for me at parties. Our freshman year we didn’t have cars so we would take the train home on the weekends and come back on Sunday. I would always miss the last bus back to campus.. & the train station was probably 15 mins-20 mins away by foot. When I would miss the train they would walk from campus to the train station to walk back with me to campus. That happened ALOT lol.

When I thought I was pregnant (& was) they walked to the drug store to buy me a pregnancy test. (We did a lot of walking back then)..Literally stayed up with me that whole night & attempted to help me figure out how I was gonna tell my mom.
When my babies were born they were the first ones to show up to the hospital with gifts. They came to the kids preschool graduation, birthday parties over the years, my college graduation when I went back to school. :cry::cry:

Probably the first time I’ve seen what a platonic friendship with a male looked like without them expecting anything in return. Very solid men to this day.
This is so beautiful! I’m glad you experienced this

dkong

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
37,829 625 324
Alleybux
Some of my best teachers have been black male teachers. They always encouraged me when I was insecure about my abilities; Mr. Land and Mr. Jackson. Love them! One of my best friends and a few of my romantic partners are stand up black men as well. And lastly, my lovely father!

MsAquarian

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,970 1,148 114
Alleybux
Outside of my family (I have a lot of great men in my family), one of my best platonic friends is a guy who is a comic book/toy nerd like me. Some of my favorite managers and co-workers have been black men. My favorites are tough but fair, easy to be around and have a great sense of humor.

Elaya

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
38,092 1,144 346
Alleybux
Honestly, just a few teachers/professors/ coworkers were kind and friendly but nothing in depth that stands out to me as being beyond common courtesy.

Aret noone

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
25,999 2,915 835
Alleybux
My experience with black men has been a terrible. Most of them want soo badly to convince a woman that she's beneath a man, and that she should relinquish all control to him. Alot of them had me in their lives to try and mold me into their liking. Always had a problem with everything about me. Always criticizing and comparing my appearance to other women.. and all of that bµllsh!t. Gladly, I always stayed true to myself.

Stacie Rowe

Mrs. Tom Sloane
Reaction score
Reactions
39,340 1,677 484
Alleybux
Never had the pleasure of a Black male boss, but a lot of the tech team is Black. I honestly love them so much, it always makes my day when they come by. I also have a lot of Black male friends. The only negative experience I've have with Black men are strangers on the internet or maybe someone rude at the bar.

melanias_concerned_face

Vintage Meme Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reactions
12,960 539 72
Alleybux
I was today years old when I learned that cats have TOES. Mind officially blown. Let me google cat toes real quick.
LOL. In the end she made a complete recovery, she can leap and sprint, and our vet was amazing the whole way through. He did video calls during lockdown to watch her gait getting better and we had a lot of good conversations. He's a very impressive man, he had to uproot his life in Zimbabwe and start again in Britain and now he's partner in his own practice.

Hopefully my cat has learned something, but although she is the sweetest, prettiest loveliest natured thing maginable, she happens to be dumb as a brick, so probably not.

noordinarylove5

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,730 41 40
Alleybux
There are good Black men out there, and even though I found one of them, or he found me, I know how hard it is to encounter one.

dolly1971

Fair and Balanced
Reaction score
Reactions
57,259 2,848 3,439
Alleybux
One of my managers who also happened to be gay. He really encouraged me to expand my knowledge at work.

My relationship with black men haven't been the best and they haven't done much for my confidence. But the black male who cause me the most harm was my dad. Not going to lie.

My son and my much younger brother, however, have always given me unconditional love and have kept me going.