Quantcast

EXCLUSIVE: “Braxton Family Values” In Jeopardy Of Being Canceled

CA Girl

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
570,595 106,082 7,274
Alleybux

theJasmineBRAND exclusively reports hit WeTV series “Braxton Family Values” may be in jeopardy of being canceled. Since 2011, fans have flocked to the network in droves to watch the family drama unfold between singer Toni Braxton; her sisters Traci, Towanda, Tamar, and Trina; and their mother, Evelyn. But, the usual time for their sixth season has come and gone without a word from the sisters nor their home network.

Last season ended with an explosive finale that alluded to a showdown between Traci Braxton and Tamar Braxton.

Tamar Braxton was also livid after Trina Braxton got engaged on the “Love & War” singer’s birthday.

Before that, fans saw the family attempt to end their ongoing drama with a special episode featuring life coach, Iyanla Vanzant. The sisters gathered with their Ms. Evelyn in hopes of healing a long-standing family rift played out on the show.

Now, according to sources “Braxton Family Values” is in danger of being canceled. The source tells us,

“It’s a strong possibility that the show will be canceled. Ratings have declined, [and] the sisters are not interested in what the network is offering in terms of a contract.”

The source continued:

“Tamar Braxton is no longer under contract with them.”

This wouldn’t be the first time the singing sisters openly battled with WeTV and their production company over the show. In 2018, everyone but Traci Braxton refused to film until proper contract negotiations were met.

Tamar Braxton openly expressed her issues with how she was portrayed on the show several times.

BFV-Tamar-Braxton-the-jasmine-brand.jpg

In the meantime, the first and second season of “Braxton Family Values” was recently added to Netflix. Towanda Braxton took to Instagram to celebrate with the following message:

“@itowandabraxton Day one: The longest running black family reality show…. #braxtonfamilyvalues @ToniBraxton @therealtracibraxton @itowandabraxton @trinabraxton1 @TamarBraxton @evelynbraxton #blackhistorymonth #blackhistory #netflix”

BFV-Towanda-Braxton-the-jasmine-brand-595x438.png

EXCLUSIVE: "Braxton Family Values" In Jeopardy Of Being Canceled - theJasmineBRAND

Juny.B.Jones

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
289,389 8,018 6,614
Alleybux
Not surprised. It’s a check but I’m sure since ratings arent the same they aren’t being offered as much. It’s been on damn near 10 years.

QueenRaquel

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
125,422 2,021 879
Alleybux
I think something gets worked out, last year when this happened last minute they worked something out.

But Tamar is another story, she's doesn't like how everyone sees her terrible behavior towards her sisters. And it's gotten worse as seasons go on

FTW19

I'm petty like dat ;)
Reaction score
Reactions
7,040 95 46
Alleybux
Well Tamar have her own thing going on with her music, movies and TV spin offs shows. Trina is on Sister Circle and owns a bar and Toni gonna come out with some new music. Far as Towanda and Traci Idk what they up too but I'm sure they got something going on. And the BFV are coming back.

Freespirit123

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
19,895 722 263
Alleybux
I pray these sisters saved their money and not wasted it on frivolous things

Adding to your post, I hope that the sisters come together and have a positive and loving relationship, especially now that the show is ending.

Regarding the money issue, I hope that the sisters have saved their money and are more focused on being financially independent from this point on, instead of relying on Toni.

Freespirit123

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
19,895 722 263
Alleybux
I think something gets worked out, last year when this happened last minute they worked something out.

But Tamar is another story, she's doesn't like how everyone sees her terrible behavior towards her sisters. And it's gotten worse as seasons go on

Responding to the bolded. Yeah we all know that Tamar can be out there behavioral wise. But what I don't understand is when she constantly complains that the show is edited to make it appear as though her and her sisters are in constantly in conflict with each other, when she is one of the Executive Producers, along with Toni, Tamar and Trina.

For example, why not include this scene (in the clip below) in the show? Don't the Braxton sisters have a lot of creative and editing control in their own show?

ETA: The man in the video with the hat is their brother.

Last edited:

CandyLilac

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,278 927 1,428
Alleybux

theJasmineBRAND exclusively reports hit WeTV series “Braxton Family Values” may be in jeopardy of being canceled. Since 2011, fans have flocked to the network in droves to watch the family drama unfold between singer Toni Braxton; her sisters Traci, Towanda, Tamar, and Trina; and their mother, Evelyn. But, the usual time for their sixth season has come and gone without a word from the sisters nor their home network.

Last season ended with an explosive finale that alluded to a showdown between Traci Braxton and Tamar Braxton.

Tamar Braxton was also livid after Trina Braxton got engaged on the “Love & War” singer’s birthday.

Before that, fans saw the family attempt to end their ongoing drama with a special episode featuring life coach, Iyanla Vanzant. The sisters gathered with their Ms. Evelyn in hopes of healing a long-standing family rift played out on the show.

Now, according to sources “Braxton Family Values” is in danger of being canceled. The source tells us,

“It’s a strong possibility that the show will be canceled. Ratings have declined, [and] the sisters are not interested in what the network is offering in terms of a contract.”

The source continued:

This wouldn’t be the first time the singing sisters openly battled with WeTV and their production company over the show. In 2018, everyone but Traci Braxton refused to film until proper contract negotiations were met.

Tamar Braxton openly expressed her issues with how she was portrayed on the show several times.

In the meantime, the first and second season of “Braxton Family Values” was recently added to Netflix. Towanda Braxton took to Instagram to celebrate with the following message:

“@itowandabraxton Day one: The longest running black family reality show…. #braxtonfamilyvalues @ToniBraxton @therealtracibraxton @itowandabraxton @trinabraxton1 @TamarBraxton @evelynbraxton #blackhistorymonth #blackhistory #netflix”

EXCLUSIVE: "Braxton Family Values" In Jeopardy Of Being Canceled - theJasmineBRAND

cancel them, and seriously cancel the ghetto housewives of Atlanta..it’s all fake drama, ignorant and ghetto.

Pearl Shay

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
168,332 3,565 714
Alleybux
I'd like to continue to watch it, if they're going to be real. I find people being real much more interesting and entertaining than contrived drama.

FTW19

I'm petty like dat ;)
Reaction score
Reactions
7,040 95 46
Alleybux
Responding to the bolded. Yeah we all know that Tamar can be out there behavioral wise. But what I don't understand is when she constantly complains that the show is edited to make it appear as though her and her sisters are in constantly in conflict with each other, when she is one of the Executive Producers, along with Toni, Tamar and Trina.

For example, why not include this scene (in the clip below) in the show? Don't the Braxton sisters have a lot of creative and editing control in their own show?

It took me a while to understand that too on why she be saying that. But I found out the truth about production companies. Even though you may be the creative of the show a lot of creators sometimes don't have control over it. There are higher people(executive producer, directors and etc) then them that can take control over shows and toy(edit) with it for entertaining purposes.

They filmed a lot of scenes for the show that haven't made it to the part because WETV wants to make it like it's drama for ratings. If you go on YouTube and type their deleted scenes. You'll see a bunch of cut scenes that was left out. Notice their brother Michael want nothing to do with that show lol

FTW19

I'm petty like dat ;)
Reaction score
Reactions
7,040 95 46
Alleybux
Oh and for those who don't know. The show coming back next month. Trina confirmed it under the comments on The Jasmine Brand to a fan. I been knew that when she probably accidentally spilled it on a segment on Sister Circle last month lol.

ToriKink32

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,332 480 166
Alleybux

The source continued:

It needed to end after season one...

TheLionQueen

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
46,861 686 192
Alleybux

It seems it's edited that way, regardless of which sister it is. I'd say the 4th season which I'm currently watching in full for the 1st time has way more drama than previous seasons. A lot of the time, I find myself confused because they'd be having a regular conversation or joking and then suddenly, it's heated. Then, one of the sisters will leave or get defensive(they all have that in common). And I'd just rewind and rewatch thinking there's a possibility I might have missed something, often times finding that I didn't miss much of anything but, there they are arguing again. Then, after one of them leaves, the rest of them are sitting there like wtf just happened? And I'm sitting there thinking the same. Major plot holes or something .
A little off topic but, still related to bfv, I get that they wanted Tay to be there to see her nephew present the Autism award, but, them not understanding(or acting like they didn't understand) that she left bc didn't want to be in the same place as whoever was harassing/stalking her irritated me. Idk if he was an assistant or not but, he came w. Secret Keeper and the almost Canadian. Talking bout some damn, we woulda kept him away from you or whatever. I'd be uncomfortable just knowing he was there whether he was near me or not.

Last edited: